Hendrix ✓

Da softsloth

‶Your little mate, what is she like?″ ‶She's wild, but all the best flowers are.″ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★... Altro

Hendrix
prologue
1 ★ Virginia moon
2 ★ Hang the DJ
3 ★ Money
4 ★ Useless
5 ★ How sweet it is
6 ★ The trees
7 ★ You're mine
8 ★ Despair
9 ★ Young mate
10 ★ Rain or shine
11 ★ Freckled girl
12 ★ Mercy
13 ★ Hour glass
14 ★ A little tenderness
15 ★ Ash
16 ★ Rookie maneuvers
17 ★ Wrapped around your finger
18 ★ First date
19 ★ Everything's magic
20 ★ Cave in
21 ★ The blues
22 ★ I've been cold
23 ★ Gonna groove tonight
24 ★ My baby
25 ★ Behind the wheel
26 ★ I hear her playin the drums
27 ★ Little valentine
28 ★ Your atmosphere
29 ★ Pushed away
30 ★ Seem like enemies
31 ★ You're my home
32 ★ It's over
33 ★ Breaks my heart
34 ★ Empty
35 ★ Forever changed
36 ★ Fatherless
37 ★ Foresight
38 ★ A little of both
39 ★ Chain of love
40 ★ Keep you safe
41 ★ Disregard
42 ★ Comfort you
43 ★ A part of history
44 ★ Crawling
45 ★ Love's undone
46 ★ Cherry
47 ★ Lonesome loser
48 ★ You have my heart
49 ★ Miles away
50 ★ Picture of my past
51 ★ Show me love
52 ★ Smile for me
53 ★ Endless song
54 ★ New sensation
55 ★ Lift away
56 ★ Never disappear
57 ★ Flag me down
58 ★ Bell through the night
59 ★ Shrillest highs and lowest lows
61 ★ Jumper cable lips
62 ★ Just like a dream
Epilogue
Book 3 ☽ Opal
Book 1.5 ❥ Tressandra

60 ★ No longer alone

98.1K 4.3K 583
Da softsloth

𝕔𝕒𝕟 𝕀 𝕔𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕥𝕠𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥? - 𝔻𝕒𝕪𝕘𝕝𝕠𝕨

"Now I'm no longer alone

Just how I feel

Could you tell me what's real?

'Cause I wouldn't know"

Cedric POV

     Watching Hendrix get ready is sheer torture, anxiety springing to life in my chest as she pulls a dress over her head and choosers a pair of shoes. She grins from ear to ear. I have to sit by and let it goodbye.

     Rain sleeps soundly in her crib across the room, not a peep to be heard out of her. It could change in a second, and that's what's so scary about her. My mate is leaving, just for the afternoon, but that's enough to terrify me.

     "You know where the diapers are, the milk I pumped is in the fridge, bottles in the cabinet. I think you're ready." She teases me, fluffing her hair in the mirror while I nod silently, wondering what to do. I consider for the hundredth time if I should command her to stay. I just know that I can't. She's been locked up in this house for weeks. She needs this.

     I practically tied her to the house after she delivered Rain, and the both of them have hardly left the house since. Of course I presented our precious daughter to the pack, but that's about it. Now, Hendrix is driving with her friends to a little town called Red Lodge for a full day of shopping. I hate it.

      Because as soon as she's gone, I'll be home alone with our two children. It's daunting. I will be responsible for two souls. I have to take care of them all by myself.

      I hover over my mate, hoping she'll change her mind about leaving me here. She's determined though. She's all dressed up, grinning in excitement. I haven't let her out, and now Doctor Melbourne said she's good to do almost anything, as long as she takes it slow.

      Hendrix took "take it slow" as she needs to get out of here as soon as possible.

      She wasn't put off by the fact that it's an hour long drive. She gathered her friends and made a plan, and now she's leaving me.

     I gave her plenty of cash to buy some treasures, and even encouraged her. I want Hendrix to be happy, and this is definitely making me happy, but I can't help my nerves.

     My Luna finishes getting ready for her outing, and then flits to the other side of the room to fuss over her infant. Rain doesn't get upset when her sleep is interrupted, she just blinks her eyes open sleepily.

      "Mommy's going to miss you so much." She murmurs, holding our baby on her shoulder and snuggling the chubby girl, showering her in loving kisses. Her slim fingers run through Rain's thick hair.

      Having a newborn is constant care, and Hendrix and Rain have been attached to the hip for the 2 short months since she's been born. She does everything, and I help when I can, cutting back my hours in the office to fit in more family time. I'm not used to having a family to come home to every day, and I love it. That is as long as I have my mate here to help.

     I see Hendrix's eyes get misty, and she shakes her head, laughing it off. I smile, the whole scene is unbearably endearing, and then it turns terrifying. Hendrix hands me my daughter, and I hastily accept her with nervous fingers.

     The tiny person blinks up at me, her red eyes mirroring my own. Her face is already scrunched in confusion. We are equally intimidated by each other, not sure how to approach this predicament.

     "Oh, you'll be fine." Hendrix waves off my fear, and I watch her helplessly as she grabs her bag, standing stupidly on the sidelines with Rain in my arms. The infant wriggles in obvious frustration.

      She tolerates me, but much prefers her Mother.

      I follow Hendrix out into the hallway, and right as we leave our room, Keifer drifts from his own room, his eyes tired as he rubs at them. He holds a teddy bear in one hand, gripping it tightly by the leg. He gives Hendrix and I a questioning glance.

     "Where you going, Mommy?" He murmurs, and she smiles at him, bending down to her knees to see him eye to eye.

     "Mommy's going shopping, but I won't be gone too long. Papa's going to watch after you and baby girl. You'll have so much fun, trust me." She tells him with way too much confidence. He raises an eyebrow up at me dubiously. I try to smile at him reassuringly.

     Keifer doesn't complain, which is a miracle, maybe I'll have at least one behaved child today. I glance down nervously at Rain, walking my mate out the door. Hendrix supplies us each with a new round of kisses and hugs before disappearing into Savannah's suburban in the driveway. The vehicle is is packed with females.

      My Beta gives me a grin, and a little salute, before pulling out of the driveway and taking away the Mother of my children with her.

      I stand on the porch for a while, staring at the road that they took. I don't know how long I've been standing here for, but I'm jolted out of my hazy state by a little hand tugging on my pants.

      I look down to see Keifer staring at me with determination.

     "Papa, I'm hungry." He grumbles, his little raspy voice filling my heart. I put a hand on top of his shaggy head. Maybe this won't be so bad after all.

     I bring the kids into the kitchen, rummaging through the pantry and wishing I had help through this. Ezra is watching his own children while his mate joins the shopping trip, and Ryk hasn't left his house since his son was born a few weeks ago. I haven't even heard from him very much.

     So I'm alone, well, so to speak. Keifer climbs on the counter, which Hendrix despises. She's convinced that he's going to fall and hurt himself. I always roll my eyes at that. He's a lycan. She needs to learn that he's indestructible, not made of glass.

    I pour Keifer a bowl of cereal with Rain laying in one arm as her big brother begs me for pancakes. Hendrix has been spoiling him. I would give in, that is if I even knew how to make pancakes.

      You would think with how old I am, I would know how to cook everything on planet earth. Apparently I've been too busy with other things.

     Despite his disappointment in not being able to have his breakfast of choice, Keifer eats his cereal with no complaints.

     I gently rock my daughter who seems to be dozing off, her eyelids getting droopy as she stares up at me. Keifer and I both watch her while she falls asleep, adoring every moment as she grows and discovers the world. It's amazing to watch every little thing that she does. I'm enamored with her.

      When I think of how dangerous this world is, I want to protect Keifer and little Rain from it at all costs. I stare down at the chubby infant in my arms who is completely oblivious to any danger. She has no clue how at risk she was when I was across the country, when it was just her and Hendrix. How close I came to losing them. Without my mate, I wouldn't have this family. I wouldn't have Keifer. I wouldn't have Rain. I wouldn't have my Queen.

     Hendrix came too close to death, and I won't let it happen again.

     My thoughts are interrupted when a shrill cry slices through the air. I startle, noticing Rain's very upset, scrunched up face. She's not happy, and she's making it known. Her mouth is open as she gasps for air, wriggling and straining against my hold on her.

     Despite my panic, I'm quick to act, placing the baby in a Moses style basket in the living room. I check to see if she's hungry, putting a warm bottle in her mouth, but she won't take it.

     Rain's gums bite down angrily on the nipple, before spitting it out and screeching even louder. I hear Keifer giggle behind me, completely at ease.

      I wonder if she's too used to Hendrix feeding her from her boobs? Or maybe her diaper is dirty?

      I've changed her diaper plenty of times, so I lift up her little dress from the hem to check if she needs a change. Rain's short, chunky legs kick around as she screams. Her diaper is clean, and dry as can be.

      She's not hungry, and she's not in need of a change, but she's still wailing. I can feel my face growing red as nerves take hold of me. Should I call Hendrix? What if she doesn't stop crying? What if something's wrong with her?

     I immediately pick her up at the thought, looking her over for any external injuries or signs of hurt, but everything seems to be in order. Should I take her to Doctor Melbourne just in case? I turn to go to the door when Keifer steps in front of me, a pink pacifier in his hand.

      "She likes her binky. Mommy says it helps her to sleep." He informs me, and I raise my eyebrows at him, shocked that I couldn't remember a pacifier through all the chaos. I take the pink binky from my son's hand, murmuring a thank you.

      As soon as the pacifier is in her mouth, Rain's screaming stops immediately. Her wide, red eyes droop, and she falls asleep with a small hiccup. I glance down at Keifer, who seems to be very pleased with himself.

      Maybe this whole Father thing won't be too hard after all.

✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰

Hendrix POV

     "I'm home!" I call, closing the door loudly behind me, anxious to see my babies and mate after the hours of separation.

      I thought it would be a nice relief to be away for a while, and it was for awhile, but then I started to miss them too much. I missed Rain's little face and black hair the texture of feathers, and Keifer's curiosity and sweetness, and Cedric's quiet observations and protective nature.

     But Red Lodge was beautiful, the town surprisingly full with tourists and people walking around the shops. I got lots of cool things, had some amazing food, and got to know my new home a little bit more. It was a great time, and I loved hanging out with my friends. I've hardly seen them in the last few months.

      Although I was ready to be home after an hour.

     I expected hugs and greetings when I walked through the door, not complete and utter silence. I frown, laying my shopping bags by my feet and walking into the house to see what's going on. I wonder if everything's alright, paranoia creeping in. Where are they? Why can't I hear them? Where's Cedric?

     I hear a snore before I even find them.

     Cedric is fast asleep, curled up on the couch, an arm and a leg hanging off the edge since it won't accommodate his massive size. On his chest lays Keifer, sleeping noiselessly. Cedric's arm is wrapped tight around our son, his other hand rests in the basket on the ground. His long fingers are draped across our little Rain, who is also content to sleep the day away.

     I put a hand to my mouth, overcome with so much emotion. I can't believe how well suited Cedric is to this life. Seeing him so gentle, so loving towards our babies, it warms my heart. My insides have turned to mush. I want to make myself part of the picture, but I also want to cherish the sight.

     Stepping into the room, I try to be as quiet as I can, only wanting to enjoy this precious moment. I'm not silent enough.

     Cedric's eye's flick open wickedly fast, and I see alertness in his gaze. He appears dangerous at this moment. His arm tightens on Keifer, his eyebrows scrunching harshly. He looks feral. Like a predator.

     I see him as the lycan he is, protective of his new children.

     As soon as he realizes it's me, he visibly relaxes. His eyes turn soft. A smile curves his lips. He's happy, relieved that I'm back. I can see it as plain as day on his handsome face. I laugh, despite the electric shock that goes through me when I realize how much he needs me, how much he wants me. It's humbling to know that someone so great needs someone like me. Cedric holds a hand out, motioning for my presence. I walk over to him, happy to make contact with the one I love.

     Our fingers brush, causing a ripple effect of warmth to flood up my arm. He lifts my hand to kiss the back of my hand.

     "Thank the Goddess that you're home." He murmurs, and I chuckle at him, grinning down at my mate.

     "Looks like you were doing just fine on your own, Cherry. But I'm glad to be back too. There's no place I would rather be."

✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰

If you're reading this, you're a beautiful person:)

Hey y'all! Thanks for sticking with me, I started my new job last week and also started my new book, Beyond Midnight. If you haven't read my other book series, you should definitely check it out!

Don't forget to vote and comment! I love to hear from you.

Next chapter will be up soon! Love y'all

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

3.3K 301 14
In this world of supernatural beings, power, and greed act as a catalyst for violence and war. Humans are subordinate in every sense and reside at th...
17.1K 746 10
Witches. Most were eradicated during The Big Cleansing years ago. Those alive now hide amongst the monsters of the world: vampires, werewolves, and t...
5.6M 260K 69
"I'm a psycho at the bottom of the pack, and you're a warrior built to kill. Isn't it a weird mix?" He shrugs, a wicked grin plastered to his face. ...
53.5K 2.6K 9
Everything I ever had and known was taken away from me. My family, my life, my identity, everything. Alpha Kannon was the main reason for it. He tort...