What These Bruises Say ›› n.h

By anchorsahoy

Scarlett is abused. Abused by the only person she has left. She turns to music to help her enjoy life. But wh... More

Fights, Running, and Niall Horan
Sleepovers, Boys, and Niall Horan
Stories, Songs, and Niall Horan
Questions, Clones and Niall Horan
365 Days, Breaking Windows, and Niall Horan
Food Fights, Flights, and Niall Horan
Songs, Reminiscing, and Niall Horan
Nicknames, Blood work, and Niall Horan
Important
Ginger Jesus, Pillow Fights, and Niall Horan
Vampires, Closets, and Niall Horan
Pepsi, Pizza, and Niall Horan
Dreams, Scars, and Niall Horan
TWITTER
Taken, Hate, and Niall Horan
Ksvideos97
Hostage, Despising, and Niall Horan
Searching, Surprises, and Niall Horan
Posters, Wishes, and Niall Horan
Broken Promises, Tests, and Niall Horan
Cops, Results, and Niall Horan
Reality, Letters, and Niall Horan
Mail, Dreams, and Niall Horan
Scarlett
Contest!

Nightmares, The Tommo, and Niall Horan

75.1K 1.5K 212
By anchorsahoy

Chapter 11

"Hey, I'll call you back. It sounds like something is going on in my house." I said into the cell phone as I walked up my driveway. 

"Okay! Congrats on the lead! Talk to you later!" Sarah chirped. 

"Thanks! Bye." I clicked end, and slipped the cell phone into the back pocket of my jeans. 

As I neared the front door, I could hear things smashing, and crashing. Screaming and grunting. I rummaged through my bag and pulled out my house keys, putting it in the lock, I gave it a twist. I pushed the door open and my father came into view. The house was an absolute mess. Lamps were strewn across the room, the TV was off it's hinges, empty and broken beer bottles were everywhere. Then there was my father, who was midway through smashing picture frames. 

"Father! What are you doing?!" I screamed, my mouth agape taking the room in. His face contorted into a scowl and he stormed up to me. 

"Where were you?!" he growled. I took a step back. 

"I had tryouts for the school play. I told you that yesterday at dinner." I answered calmly. "I think you've had enough to drink, let's get you to bed." 

I gently grabbed his forearm and gave it a small tug, but to no avail. He stayed in place, staring at me. His face was getting redder by the second, and soon enough he whipped his arm around and pushed me to the ground. 

"You were late! All because of a stupid play?! You are not allowed to stay after school, you are to come home and do your homework, make dinner, and sleep!" he snarled. 

"But Father! I got the lead role! I have to be in it!" I exclaimed from my spot on the ground. His hand lifted up and came crashing down on my cheek. 

"You are to quit, got it?" he spit. I nodded my head, tears pouring from my eyes. "Go to your room, don't come out for dinner." 

I scrambled to my feet and ran to my room, shutting and locking the door behind me. 

"Who was that man?" I whispered to myself. 

~

I sprung from the bed, sweat sticking to my shaking body. I looked around me, this wasn't my room. If anything, it doesn't even look like I'm in London anymore. Slowly emerging from my mattress, I looked out the window. Looking at the view of the Empire State Building, everything came flooding back to me. I ran away. Niall Horan found me. I'm touring with One Direction. And my maniac father is after me. 

And he won't stop until he gets me. 

I glanced at the alarm clock sitting on the table next to my bed. 4:49 am. I groaned and walked to the kitchen. I can honestly say, I was paranoid. Father could come out from behind the couch and attack me right now for all I know. Staying close to the wall, I tip toed into the kitchen. 

"Scar?" Niall's morning voice made me jump. "Why are you up?" 

I didn't answer. I just shrugged and spread some Nutella on a piece of bread. 

"Wow, you're shaking like crazy. What happened?" he asked, pulling me away from the counter and into his chest. 

"I had a dream, that I was back at home. It was the first time he hurt me, Niall. The first time I noticed my life changing before my eyes. I don't want him to find me!" I cried. Niall's arms wrapped tightly around my body. 

"I won't let him get you. I promise." he whispered, holding up his pinky. I hooked mine with his and gave him a soft smile. "Want to sleep with me in my bed for the rest of the night?" 

"You don't have to do that." I mumbled. 

"But I want to. Come on, it's too early to be awake and we have a sleep in day." he said, pulling me to his bedroom. 

"Thank you Niall." I smiled as I got into the bed next to him. He pulled me into him and kissed my forehead. 

"Anything for you Scar." 

~*~

"Scarlett?! You ready?!" Simon called. I took one last look around, making sure I didn't forget anything, then skipped down the hall to where Simon, Niall and Zayn were gathered. 

"Yep! Let's go to Jersey! We should go to the beach and see the Jersey Shore cast! I have to hug Vinny and Pauly, I love them!" I squealed and dragged Niall and Zayn into the hallway. 

"That can be arranged." Simon winked and strolled past us. I smiled widely and did some little squeak noise thing. 

"What the hell was that?" Zayn questioned, looking at me amused. 

"I don't know! I'm just excited!" I squeaked. Niall laughed and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. 

"You really are something, Scar." he chuckled. We walked outside to the Tour Bus sitting in the car park. 

"HEY LOU!" I called to the Doncaster boy walking ahead of me. He turned around to look at me. "NICE ASS!" 

"Shut up!" he whined. I giggled and ran up to him, jumping into his arms. 

"You know I love it." I whispered, kissing his cheek. He blushed and looked away. 

"So when am I getting that clone of yours?" he winked. This time I blushed and wriggled out of his grip. I laughed and shook my head, walking ahead of him. I looked up and around the car park, glancing at the scenery. Behind the hotel was a parking garage, and there something caught my eye. A man, a very familiar man, was sitting on the top garage with binoculars. Focused on the boys and I. My eyes widened in realization, and I ran onto the bus. 

He's going to follow us. I know it.

"Scar? What's wrong, love?" Niall asked as he climbed onto the bus. 

"I saw him." I muttered, out of breath. 

"Who?" 

"Father." 

Somehow, I really doubt I'll be making it any farther than New Jersey...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Short chapter, sorry! Happy late Thanksgiving Peasants! I'm thankful for all of my fans out there! 

Oh, and One Direction (;

Thanks for helping me get 27,000 reads and counting on Hiding The Truth! This story is about to get dramafied! ;) xx

Vote and comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

237K 4.3K 31
((This story was written and completed in 2012)) I was 15 when I met him. The curly haired, cheeky flirt himself found his way into my life. He stole...
10.3K 127 24
Lucy Hale is a hardcore Directioner with front row tickets to see the boys. However, her dad ruins her chances to meet the boys of her dreams when he...
74.2K 558 20
When Ella Benson finds her self running away from the past she finds her self falling in love with a teen popstar. While her mind is still stuck in h...
29.3K 706 41
You and Harry have been best friends your entire life, and have secret feelings for eachother. After Harry leaves for the X-Factor everything seems t...