lean on me › haechan

By minsyeuga

❝ Lean on me... while you still can. ❞ two sick teenagers, one hospital garden, and a disease he wished he ne... More

I N T R O
❀ ONE
❀ TWO
❀ THREE
❀ FOUR
❀ FIVE
❀ SIX
❀ SEVEN
❀ EIGHT
❀ NINE
❀ TEN
❀ ELEVEN
❀ TWELVE
❀ THIRTEEN
❀ FOURTEEN
❀ FIFTEEN
❀ SIXTEEN
❀ SEVENTEEN

❀ EIGHTEEN

9.5K 652 637
By minsyeuga

JUNE 6, 2017

Misun sat at her usual spot. At the hospital garden on the wooden bench as she looked up at the skies. She let the thin breeze blew past her, her heart tightening the more she thought about it.

"Happy Birthday my Sun," she whispered softly as she intertwined her fingers together.

"I love you so much..." she trailed off and took a deep breath.

"Misun? Are you ready to go?" Hyunjin tapped her shoulder lightly and she nodded. Hyunjin hoisted her up and placed her onto the wheelchair.

Moments like this made her reminisce of her childhood days stuck in the hospital. As Hyunjin pushed her wheelchair down the hallway, Misun could see the little her in the same hospital wheelchair as Donghyuck pushed her through.

Once they reached the exit, stood there was Hyemin, Dayeon, and her nurse giving her a warm smile. "Finally get to go out of the hospital, hmm?" Hyemin tilted her head and ruffled the girl's hair.

"It would've been better going out with him," she mumbled but returned the smile.

"Get well soon, Dayeon."

Dayeon gave her a wink, "I'm as strong as you, Misun!"

Indeed. Indeed was Misun so strong for being able to go through a lot during her times in the hospital. Despite having thoughts of giving up and just ending it- she still fought through.

Misun looked down at the little note they had found on Donghyuck's bedside table.

"Dear my sunflower, if you ever feel lost and I'm no longer with you- just look at the Sun you'll find me. And if you can't sleep thinking the same thing, close your eyes and pretend that you're leaning onto my shoulder while I sing you to sleep.

Love, your Full Sun"

Donghyuck was supposed to leave the hospital with me.
Donghyuck was supposed to carry me home.
Donghyuck was supposed to push me down the hallway in my wheelchair.

Donghyuck... was supposed to be the one leaning on my shoulder... because the truth is...
he's was the sick and tired one- not me.

Misun sat at the back seat of the car, peering out of the window from time to time. She felt a little weight on one of her shoulders making her smile.

"You're not tired anymore, Hyuck.
Don't lean on me-
You're already free."

• • •

THE END
man- the way I ugly cried tho
can't believe i wrote this dhskshsjs

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

781K 19.4K 65
❝I'm pretty, you're naughty. Together, we'd be... pretty naughty.❞ ©DONGHYUQUE , 2019
18.3K 1.1K 22
The universe wasn't meant for us and I couldn't promise her tomorrow. ▬▬ status: completed ✓ nct | mark short story. © minsyeuga 2022
4.1K 48 5
Some sweet and sour Markhyuck one shots #Markhyuck #Mark #Haechan #MaHae Slow update, can drop a plot if u want naa! ^^ Happy ending ONLY!
15.5K 576 33
« living in a place that things changes in just a swift is not hell, it IS hell. » ❍ ꜱᴜᴘᴇʀɴᴀᴛᴜʀᴀʟ ᴀᴜ ❍ ‼️ 𝘁𝘄 // 𝗯𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗱 , 𝗴𝗿𝘂𝗲𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝘁𝗵...