Students react to: Haikyuu!!

By GoldenFang17

After their mission as pilots, the Squad 13 suddenly reincarnated as students of the Shuchiin Academy and liv... More

A New Day
The End and the Beginning
Karasuno High School Volleyball
A Formidable Ally
The View From The Summit
A Wimp's Anxiety
Versus The Great King
The One They Call "Ace"
A Set For The Ace
The Dreaming
The Decision
The Cat and Crow Reunion

An Amusing Team

1.2K 24 20
By GoldenFang17

"Sorry! I'm so sorry, Tanaka!" Hinata said while bowing after puking out on Tanaka's pants. The team can be seen arriving in the Aoba Jousai school.

"I told you not to worry about it. Forget me, are you all right?" Tanaka asked after tightening the plastic bag.

"Lying down helped. I feel fine now that I'm off the bus." Hinata said.

"That so? Good. Our match today rests on your shoulders, after all. Let me spike freely as you did in the three-on-three." Tanaka said while patting a nervous Hinata's shoulder.

"Hey, Tanaka! No pressure!" Sugawara whispered.

"Huh?" Tanaka said.

"I'll... I'll do me... I-I need to use the bathroom." Hinata weakly said.

"First the top, now the bottom? Never a moment's rest for you, huh?" Tanaka said.

"Not again. Pathetic! Time to beat him into shape." Kageyama in a pissed tone said while he prepares his right arm to beat Hinata but Sugawara stops him.

"What are you saying? You know that won't work on Hinata!" Sugawara said.

"We won't know until we try." Kageyama said.

"Tanaka, help me stop this fool!" Sugawara said.

"Okay! Knock it off!" Tanaka replied. Daichi looked at his teammates and was worried about the situation they're facing right now.

"This is bad for Karasuno. And funny for us to see their situation." Ishigami said.

"I felt that the way Hinata carries the pressure on his shoulders like he was carrying an anchor on his back." Kaguya said.

"And a cold one, since he shakes like crazy!" Miku said.

"Maybe he'll die if he can't overcome the pressure, I guess?" Mitsuru said.

The screen shows three crows on it and the title "An Amusing Team" on it.

"So... We're playing Karasuno today, right? Doesn't he go to that school? The King of the Court, I mean. Didn't you two go to the same junior high, Kindaichi?" A player of the Aoba Jousai known to be Yahaba said.

"Oh, you mean Kageyama? He's not all that special. Sure, his individual skill may've been off the charts, but he has no clue what it takes to succeed in a team sport. He's too egocentric." Another player of Aoba Jousai named Kindaichi replied.

"Oh? Not like it matters now that he's gone to Karasuno. They may've been a strong team in the past or whatever, but right now, all that comes to mind is that their manager's a real hottie." Yahaba said.

"Yeah. She's got this sultry look to her. Oh, they also have this punk on their team. A cueball with a real mean look. He looks completely retarded." Yahaba said. He didn't notice that Tanaka from the other side of the wall heard him and gives him a scary look.

"This is why you should never backstab someone when you are in an open space. You can't even realize that he was already there listening. And it may end up to a fight." Miyuki said.

"But someone will stop them, right?! Like, I won't allow such things like that!" Iino said.

"Are you sure that they'll really fight?" Ishigami asked.

"Tch!" Iino said.

"Oh?" Tanaka said, making the two shock. The other Karasuno players walked behind Tanaka and stopped.

"Uh..." Yahaba uttered.

"Keep looking down on us... and we'll eat you alive." Tanaka coldly said as Tsukishima and Kageyama also looked at the two with cold gazes, making the two shiver.

"You shouldn't threaten them like that, Tanaka. Look, now these poor elites are shaking in their boots. Don't you feel sorry for them?" Tsukishima said with a teasing look.

"L-Like hell we are!" Kindaichi angrily said.

'Who's the four-eyes? I don't remember Karasuno having such a tall player.' Yahaba thought.

"I guess. Gotta limit the bullying to the match proper, right?" Tanaka asked with a smug.

"Elites are really scary. But these guys, they aren't afraid of them." Miyuki said.

"They're just normal humans, Miyuki. Dressed as an elite players." Ishigami said.

"Good thing Tsukishima uses his kind of personality to the other teams like to those two." Hiro said.

"You guys! Can't take my eyes off you for a second! We're sorry!" Daichi scolded as he pushed Tanaka's head and both of them bowed.

"D-Don't be." Yahaba said. The Karasuno players are about to leave when Kindaichi saw Kageyama and greets him.

"Long time no see, King. Show me what kinda dictatorship you've put in place this time. I can hardly wait." Kindaichi said. Tanaka is about to prepare his right arm but Daichi stops him and Kageyama raises his head.

"Sure." Kageyama replied and now walks away.

"What was that for? You've grown up, eh?" Kindaichi uttered.

"Hah! Do you think Kageyama will be the same like before? You're wrong!" Fujiwara said.

"He has changed and you will all lose because of your belief in his personality!" Kokoro added.

"So he thought that people don't grow up? What's wrong with him?" Goro said.

The Karasuno team now enters the gym of Aoba Jousai and it is bigger than their gym back to their school.

"M-Massive! B-Both the gym and the players!" Hinata uttered.

"Let's have a good match!" The players from Karasuno greeted with a bow.

"Let's have a good match!" The Aoba Jousai players greeted back with a bow as well.

"Aoba Jousai is a team whose players are all extremely good at both offense and defense. It's full of guys who would be the star player on any other team." Daichi said.

"Plus they're famous as being great blockers." Sugawara added.

"What?! So this team is that much powerful?! There's no way Karasuno will win against them!" Kaguya said.

"Hmmm. But that doesn't mean they can't do mistakes, Kaguya. There are times that team struggles. So, just assume that Karasuno will have a chance of winning this one, and also, think that Hinata and Kageyama's combo might blow them away." Rize said.

"I-I see." Kaguya said.

"What's gotten into you two? We've got Hinata here to throw a spanner in their works! Right? But we know that you suck, so we've got your back." Tanaka said. Hinata looked calm and this made Daichi and Sugawara look at him.

"Oh, but you'll be on your own while serving. Don't you dare screw up. Hahaha! Just kidding! Who cares if you mess up a serve here and there? You don't have to worry about a thing. Just-- Where'd Hinata go?" Tanaka asked as he noticed that he was talking to no one.

"To the bathroom." Yamaguchi replied.

"Not again!" Tanaka yelled.

"They've told him not to pressure him. But he still did. What a punk." Futoshi said.

"And do you even know what you're saying? Be careful of your words, Futoshi... What's your last name?" Iino asked. Kobachi whispered something to her and this made her feel uneasy.

"I-I'm sorry if I asked you about your last name!" Iino apologized.

"No, it's okay." Futoshi said with a nervous chuckle.

"Ugh, this is bad." Hinata uttered as he walks out of the bathroom.

"The hell's Karasuno's problem? Acting like they're hot shit." Yahaba said.

"Yeah." Kindaichi said. He stopped as he saw Hinata peeking at them.

'This guy... He was the one standing next to Kageyama when I faced him in junior high. I remember his turnip head.' Hinata thought.

"Are you a first-year at Karasuno?" Kindaichi asked.

"Yeah. What of it?" Hinata asked.

"How do you like playing with Kageyama, our king? He still seems to be up on his high horse." Kindaichi said.

"You've gotta be kidding me! It goes way beyond that! Under the iron-fisted rule of Kageyama the Great, plebians like me are cruelly oppressed, our lives filled with suffering!

He acts like he's God's gift to humanity just because he happens to be kinda good!" Hinata said.

"See?" Kindaichi said on Yahaba.

"He sure does hate the guy." Yahaba said.

"He is pretty good at receiving, blocking, and serving." Kindaichi said.

"Yeah. It's enough to piss you off." Hinata added.

"And he's amazing at setting."

"But he's awful at setting." Hinata and Kindaichi both said and this leads them to confusion.

"At setting?" Kindaichi asked.

"He's amazing." Hinata said.

"Well at least in the last statement, both of them have different views on Kageyama's style of play." Zero Two said.

"But it is funny to think that Hinata shares his worst experience to one of Kageyama's former teammates." Nana said.

"But what was funny is that he called Kindaichi "Turnip." Ichigo said.

"Oh, I know. You've never spiked his sets in an actual match before, have you? They're awful. "Difficult to spike" is an understatement." Kindaichi said.

"Really?" Hinata asked.

"He's called the egocentric king for a reason. He fails to do the most obvious thing that's expected of him as a setter: helping the spiker hit the ball. What he finds essential are pawns that'll move according to his will. And he throws away anything he doesn't need to win." Kindaichi said. Tanaka laughed at his statement as he can be seen standing behind them.

"Decide whether Kageyama's still the same as he was in junior high after you've watched him play, turnip head. Right, Hinata?" Tanaka asked.

'He throws away anything he doesn't need to win, huh? If I mess up in front of Kagayeama...

"Get outta here! You're useless!"

...I'll be subbed out!' Hinata thought.

"My tummy hurts!" Hinata uttered and goes back to the bathroom.

"Okay, then. I'm looking forward to it." Kindaichi said with a grin.

"Oh, man. I thought Hinata will be fired up this time. But the outcome was worse." Ishigami said.

"If I am Hinata right now, maybe I should've headed home or what." Zorome said.

"You're trying to say that he can't compete with those guys? Pathetic." Giyu said.

Hinata now returns to the gym and Daichi approaches him since Hinata looks nervous and pale.

"Don't be so nervous, Hinata. Relax." Daichi said.

"Right! I'll do my best!" Hinata replied quickly.

"Hey, could you say something to cheer that first-year up?" Daichi asked Shimizu.

"Could I talk to you for a sec?" Shimizu asked Hinata. She places her hand into Hinata's shoulder.

"I have high hopes for you." Shimizu said. Instead of calming him down, he blew his head once again.

'She finished him off! Forgive me, Hinata!' Daichi thought with a hopeless face.

Everyone laughed at this scene where Hinata blew his head once again. Ishigami facepalms after seeing Hinata self-destruct.

"The practice match between Karasuno High and Aoba Jousai High will now begin."

"Let's have a good match!" The two teams greeted each other.

"That midget's playing middle blocker? You can't be serious." Kindaichi said.

"It really is Kageyama. What's he doing at Karasuno?" Aoba Jousai's ace player, Iwaizumi said.

"Beats me." Yahaba replied.

"Pull yourself together, Hinata!" Daichi said.

"Okay! I'll do my best to pull myself together!" Hinata said.

"Look, just calm down." Daichi said.

"Hey, Hinata! You get it, don't you? Play like you did during the three-on-three." Kageyama said.

"I-I get it!" Hinata replied.

"Do you?" Kageyama asked. The whistle now blows as Aoba Jousai does the first serve.

"Give us a good serve, Matsukawa!"  Kindaichi said as Matsukawa serves the ball.

"Okay, I got this!" Daichi said but Hinata suddenly received the ball.

"Are you retarded? That clearly wasn't yours!" Kageyama scolded.

"I'm sorry!" Hinata cried.

"Take care of it, Ennoshita!" Daichi said.

"Tanaka!" Ennoshita receives the ball and passes it to Tanaka.

"Got it!" Tanaka replied as he spikes the ball but was blocked, making Aoba Jousai have the first point.

"That's one down." Kindaichi said, making Tanaka angry.

"And here they are. Getting blocked all because of Hinata." Mitsuru said.

"Please don't be bitter towards him. He's trying to shake things up from his mind about the game. So stop thinking bad thoughts on him." Kokoro said.

"That brat..." Hayasaka uttered in a pissed tone.

"Don't worry about it. Hinata, calm down and look around you." Daichi said.

"I'm sorry!" Hinata cried.

'He's totally overwhelmed.' Kageyama thought. Hinata continued to cause trouble for the team and even crashes the referee from his stand.

"Just calm down, okay?" Daichi said. Karasuno gets a point made by Tanaka.

"Hell yeah! That was lucky!" Tanaka exclaimed.

"A net foul, huh?" One scorer asked.

"Karasuno finally scored a point." Another scorer said.

"Enough with the nerves already, damn it!" Kageyama angrily yelled at Hinata.

"Yeah, he really isn't all that special." Kindaichi said.

"He hasn't changed one bit." Kunimi added.

"All right! Let's make a comeback, one point at a time! Who's serving next?" Daichi asked and he stopped as he saw who will serve next.

'This is the worst possible timing. Hinata has to serve now?' Kageyama thought. Aoba Jousai needs one more point to win the set.

"Oh, crap." Everyone said on the gym and this made Rize laugh.

"Hahaha! Look at those sorry faces, Giyu!" Rize said but Giyu didn't give a care.

'Such dense from this guy.' Rize thought.

'A service error means the opposition score. So if I mess this up, they'll win the first set!' Hinata thought.

"Kageyama, I don't think he's breathing. Is he gonna be okay?" Tanaka asked.

"Don't ask me." Kageyama said.

'Don't screw up. I'll get subbed out if I do! Calm down. It's okay. It's all right.' Hinata thought. The whistle blew and this made Hinata spike the ball in surprise.

'Shit! I didn't hit it cleanly!' Hinata thought. The ball new flew and hits the back of Kageyama's head. The game was over in an instant as this happened.

"Three, two, one. Go." Giyu said as he covered his ears with headphones as everyone laughed at what Hinata did. The new students of Shuchiin don't know if they'll laugh or not.

"He messed up right there." Zero Two chuckled.

"Now they lost the first set. Thanks to Hinata's senseless mode." Mitsuru said.

"Mitsuru is now back to his cold thoughts eh?" Goro said and Kokoro shook her head in grief.

Everyone looked at Kageyama as he emits a very angry aura at Hinata. Tanaka and Tsukishima start to laugh after what happened.

"Hahaha! Hey, is your head okay?" Tanaka asked

"Boom, headshot!" Tsukishima added.

"Quit adding fuel to the fire!" Sugawara warned.

"Knock it off, you guys!" Daichi scolded. Hinata can be seen with an amused face after what he did

'Now I've really done it.' Hinata thought. Kageyama turned around and walks into Hinata.

"Hey, Kageyama..." Daichi said.

"Run! Run! Run!" Fujiwara yelled.

"There's no way he'll run away, Fujiwara!" Miyuki said.

"And he's done." Ishigami hummed.

"W-Wait! Let's talk this out! Kageyama! Hey..." Hinata cried as the setter continued to walk towards him. He now stands in front of him and gives him a death stare.

"You know..." Kageyama said.

"Yes?" Hinata asked with an ugly face.

"What is it that's making you so nervous? Is it our opponents' size? Or because it's your first practice match? There's something you find scarier than hitting a serve into the back of my head. What is it?" Kageyama asked after slapping the back of his head and gives a scary look.

"I can't think of anything." Hinata replied.

"So there's no reason for you to be nervous anymore, is there? I mean you've already gone and done the worst thing possible. In that case... hurry up and go back to normal, dumbass!" Kageyama yelled.

"Huh? I got away with that?" Hinata asked, expecting to be smacked by Kageyama.

"What are you talking about?" Kageyama asked.

'If I got away with that, I could've gotten away with anything! What the hell? That damn turnip head had me scared for a moment! But we just lost the first set because of me. Kageyama may've forgiven me, but...' Hinata thought.

"Hey, Hinata." Tanaka called in a serious tone.

"He may be done against Kageyama. But how about Tanaka?" Goro chuckled.

"He'll die for sure." Hachi said.

'Eek!' Hinata thought.

"Say... D'you think you have to play as well as the rest of us? Like you're good enough?" Tanaka asked in a serious look.

"But I'll get subbed out if I don't play well... I wanna play till the end!" Hinata replied.

"We're well aware that you suck, man! Daichi put you in the lineup despite being aware of that! As for getting subbed out... Cross that bridge when you get to it!" Tanaka said.

"Shouldn't you stop him?" Takeda asked.

"Oh, yeah. I think we're good." Sugawara said.

"Listen up. In volleyball, everyone on your side of the court is your ally, without exception! So what if you suck? Go ahead and cause trouble for us! Hold us back! Making up for all those things... is our job as your teammates and upperclassmen!" Tanaka exclaimed. This made Hinata amazed by his words and now back to normal.

'Now show me some respect." Tanaka said.

"Yes, sir!" Hinata replied.

"Hahaha!" Tanaka laughed.

"I bet he just wants to be called "sir." Sugawara said.

"Yeah, but he's being a huge help. A speech like that is only effective when delivered by someone who always speaks his mind. The second set is about to start.

"Hey, teach me how to hit a serve at someone's head after the match." Kindaichi whispered on Hinata.

"Me too." Tsukishima added.

"Give us a good serve, Ennoshita." Daichi said as the ball now was served by Ennoshita.

'Do the same thing you did in the three-on-three. Run as fast as you can to an area they're not marking, jump as high as you can, and swing your arm as hard as you can. But be careful not to run into the other spikes.' Kageyama narrated before the match.

'Okay.' Hinata replied.

"Kunimi!" The ball was tossed to Kunimi who goes for the spike but Tsukishima receives it.

"Take care of it, Kageyama!" Tanaka said.

"Okay." Kageyama replied.

"Set it to the left!" Tanaka yelled.

"Right!" Daichi said.

'They're not gonna do a quick attack. It'll probably be an open shot from the left or right again.' Kindaichi thought. He saw Hinata going for the run and this made Kindaichi hesitate. Kageyama now tosses the ball to Hinata.

'What the? A quick attack?' Kindaichi thought. Hinata is about to spike but he didn't hit the ball.

'Huh? It didn't hit my hand.' Hinata thought as the ball dropped on their floor.

"Eh?! They failed?" One student asked.

"Are you kidding me?" Another student asked.

"This is the first time they'll go for it. But Hinata's not yet ready for it." Fujiwara said.

"Which means, Hinata didn't warm up yet." Kaguya said.

'They can do quick attacks? Or was that just a bluff? Either way...'

"You'd better spike sets like that, lest you incur the King's wrath." Kindaichi said.

"Hinata." Kageyama called.

"Here it is." Kindaichi smirked.

"My bad. I set that too high." Kageyama said. This made Kindaichi shock for the first time.

"Kageyama..." Kindaichi uttered.

"... apologized?" Kunimi finished.

"See?! He isn't the Kageyama you knew from before!" Fujiwara said.

"Too much expectation from these elites. I feel sorry for them." Kaguya said.

"They're taking Kageyama's egocentric way as an overrated one, which ends them put into the wrong assumption." Ishigami said.

"I'll think about forgiving you." Hinata said. Kageyama quickly grips his head and this made him cry.

"Let's take this point!"

"Nice serve!"

"Got it!" Ennoshita now receives the ball.

"I got this." Kageyama said. Hinata now starts to go for a running start once again.

'The right wing spiker and setter are on the move! The left's waiting for it. Who will Kageyama use?' Kindaichi thought.

'Now! This is it!' Kageyama now tosses the ball to Hinata quickly as they made finally their quick attack, making Kindaichi dumbstruck by the attack.

"All right!" Hinata exclaimed.

"Yeah!" Tanaka and Daichi added.

"Yes!" Sugawara and Takeda said.

"YEAAAAH!!!" Everyone cheered as the duo finally made their first quick attack.

"Now that's what I'm talking about!" Miyuki said.

"Let's go!" Fujiwara said.

"Well played, Hinata, Kageyama!" Iino said.

"There it is. The freak set-and-spike." Tsukishima said as the students watching the game were amazed.

"What the hell?"

"That was fast!"

"Hinata, Kageyama. One, two... Yeah!" Karasuno gathered their fists and celebrated for the point they made.

"Wow! It's like we're a team!" Hinata said.

"Like a team?" We are a team." Tanaka said.

"Got it!" Hinata exclaimed.

"Nice set, Kageyama." Daichi complimented.

"Thank you." Kageyama replied.

"That midget can do fast attacks?" Yahaba asked.

"Something's changed since the first set." Kindaichi whispered.

'Okay, are you scared now? You are, right? Keep your eyes locked on Hinata.' Kageyama thought.

"If everyone set their eyes on Hinata, they'll lose focus to the other spikers. And if they try to focus themselves into the others all at once, they may end up weakening their defense and also, falter their formation. This is why Kageyama calls Hinata the greatest decoy. Because he has the ability to destroy their formation and focus their eyes on him." Ishigami said.

"I never knew that this sport is way easier than fighting those Klaxosaurs." Hiro said.

"Way easier? Well, I can teach you how to play volleyball." Miyuki said.

"For real? Thank you!" Hiro said.

"How you can teach them playing volleyball if you also suck at singing and dancing Soran?" Fujiwara asked.

"That's not connected to the sport that I'm offering!" Miyuki whispered.

"Now that Hinata's back to normal, let's stage a comeback." Kageyama said.

Karasuno: 10

Aoba Jousai: 9

"A chance!" Tanaka said.

"Got it!" Hinata replied.

"It's not the least bit scary if we know what's coming!" Kindaichi said as they now jump for the block.

"Say what?" Hinata asked as the ball now tossed to Tanaka.

"Finally!" Tanaka roared and spikes the ball, giving themselves a score.

'Shit. The midget was just a decoy this time.' Kindaichi thought.

"And here I thought it was coming my way!" Hinata cried.

"How'd you like that, turnip head? I told you to decide after you've watched him play!" Tanaka said.

"I went all like, "Say what?" thinking I'd get to spike! So embarrassing!" Hinata whined.

"So he wasn't bluffing out there." Iino said.

"Yeah. I thought he did it so that the opponents will believe him." Miyuki said.

"That's perfectly fine. It's because you jump for real that you lure the opponents in." Kageyama said.

"Is that how it works?" Hinata asked.

"It is." Kageyama replied.

"Shit." Kindaichi cursed

"Don't lose your cool, Kindaichi. We're scoring plenty of points ourselves. Don't let them get you." Iwaizumi said.

"Okay!" Kindaichi replied.

"Even I can tell that they're splitting the blockers up." One student from Aoba Jousai said.

"I had no idea Karasuno had such a strong team." A female student said. Hinata receives the ball by his face and this made them laugh.

"But they mess up a lot too, don't they?" The female student said while giggling.

"Ouch." Hayasaka said.

"Really ouchie." Kei said.

The match ended as Karasuno takes back the second set.

"Huddle up!"

"Okay!"

Hinata looked into his palm that is a bit red due to the spikes he made.

"What's up, Hinata?" Daichi asked.

"Back when I played my first match, I thought I had to do everything all by myself. But now I have played much better than myself around me. So all I can do right now is believe in them and jump, right? There was no need at all to rack my brain." Hinata said and now goes to the bench.

"Still a baby crow. Trying to learn and understand the things from around him." Rize cooed.

"Of course, because he is small." Giyu said.

"Like your girlfriend?" Rize teased.

"Who? That annoying insect?" Giyu said and looks away. Rize smiled at him and blushed.

"You have no idea what an unbelievable weapon that belief and jumping ability is." Daichi said.

"Dude, Kindaichi. Kageyama's nothing like you said he was!" Yahaba said.

"I-I've never seen anything like this either. I can't believe there's a spiker who can keep up with his unreasonable sets." Kindaichi said

"You're mistaken. It seems to me like that number five isn't looking at the ball at all." The coach of Aoba Jousai said.

"What do you mean, Coach?" Kindaichi asked.

"I think Kageyama's making pinpoint sets into the palm of his hand." The coach replied.

"Is that even possible?" Iwaizumi said.

"Kageyama of a people consciously working together with someone?" Kindaichi asked in disbelief.

"That must mean that number five has enough ability to make the supposedly egocentric and prideful Kageyama do that. If you want to know what's really amazing, it's just that he trusts Kageyama's sets completely as he jumps. He's certain that the ball will come to him.

Even if they'll break free of our blocks, make sure to dig it out! We've put out our best available lineup, you know! Show some pride!" The coach said.

"Yes, sir!" The players replied.

"Kageyama's amazing. It's too bad we couldn't get him to join us. We did make him an offer, right?" The manager of Aoba Jousai asked.

"But even if he had joined us, that doesn't necessarily mean he would've still played like that. Maybe it's because he picked Karasuno... because he's playing with the number five that he's playing the way he is right now." The coach replied.

"Maybe he didn't join Aoba Jousai or Seijou for short so that he can avoid his former teammates who for him, suck and can't keep up with him. Or maybe, the other way around." Kaguya said.

"You are right. And also, it seems that Kindaichi also hates Kageyama. So that's why Kageyama never joined their team." Ishigami said.

"There is another reason why he didn't join that team aside from those reasons." Giyu said.

"Eh?" Ishigami and Kaguya asked.

"Chance ball!" Daichi called. Kageyama tosses the ball to Tsukishima and they get another point.

"Yes!" Hinata said.

"Nicely done, Tsukki!" Yamaguchi added.

"Good job, Tsukishima." Tanaka said after slapping his shoulder.

"Your sets are so precise it gives me the creeps." Tsukishima said.

"Maybe I should aim for your glasses next time." Kageyama said.

"Just try it. You'll get thrown out of the gym again." Tsukishima warned.

"I'll do it on the sly." Kageyama said.

"Like hell, you can! Are you stupid?" Tsukishima said.

"He should be happy because those sets are precise." Miyuki said.

"You should know Tsukishima's personality already. He's just testing Kageyama if he can keep up with his schemes or not." Fujiwara said.

'There's probably a better way to put it, but I can kinda see where Tsukishima's coming from.  It's terrifying, but also really reassuring.'

"That's enough. We're in the middle of the match." Daichi said as he taps the shoulders of the two.

"Give us a good serve, Tanaka!" Sugawara said.

"A good one!" The other team members cheered.

"I see. The lineup rotates every time we score and gain the serve. And right now, we have Kageyama, Tsukishima, and Ennoshita in front." Takeda said.

"Yeah. It's the exact opposite of the formation we started the match in." Sugawara said.

"When Hinata plays in front, his distractions raise the efficiency of our offense. On the other hand, when Tsukishima plays in front... we'll have blockers just as overpowering as Seijou!" Takeda said.

"I hear you're good at blocking too, but you'd better know your place." Tsukishima asked with a grin.

"And you'd better make sure you don't get blown away, what with you being as thin as a twig." Kageyama said as the two clashed their forearms.

"Stop fighting, guys." Ennoshita said.

"Hey! Your opponents are the guys on the other side! Watch out! Here they come!" Tanaka warned. Iwaizumi goes for the spike but was blocked by Tsukishima, Kageyama, and Ennoshita.

"Yeah!" Kageyama said.

"Hey, I was the one who blocked that." Tsukishima said.

"Say what? It hit my hand too." Kageyama said.

"Knock it off already!" Daichi roared at the two.

'Serves you two right.' Hinata thought with a grin.

"What are you smirking for?" Kageyama asked as he grips his shirt.

"Stop that, Kageyama!" Daichi scolded. Another point was given to Karasuno after scoring another point.

"Dammit! We're starting to lose our cool." Iwaizumi said.

"The one who said that they shouldn't lose their cool starts to lose his." Ishigami said.

"Indeed." Hiro said.

"And that leads them to their defeat." Miku said.

"Hey, Kunimi! You could've covered foe that, fool! I think we need to stop that number five somehow." The manager said.

"Sure, Kageyama and number five form a formidable duo, but that's not all. Tanaka needs to be a bit more level-headed, but he's a great spiker with tons of power and spirit.

Tsukishima seems a bit too relaxed, but he's a very clever blocker.

And the captain Sawamura, more than makes up for their leaky defense. They have an extremely green player on their team, and their defense is full of holes, but they have a flexible offense built around that greenhorn.

This is what you call toying with another team. Karasuno, huh? A bunch of unsteady misfits, but an amusing team." The coach of Aoba Jousai said as Karasuno takes the second set 25-22.

"Yay! They won!" Miku said.

"So there will be the third set to this one? Karasuno got this!" Kaguya said.

"I hope he won't show up this time." Rize said.

"He? Who?" Miyuki asked.

"Don't be a spoil, Rize." Giyu said.

"They took the set!" A female student from Aoba Jousai said.

"Good thing they don't have anyone who serves like Kageyama." Ennoshita said.

"Yeah. We're not too good at receiving. Thanks." Daichi said as Ennoshita gave him a bottle of water.

"We can't let our guards down. This is just a hunch, but I don't think they're playing their starting setter--" Kageyama was stopped as the girls around the gym squealed as a player of Aoba Jousai finally came to their bench.

"Oh, you're back, Oikawa." The coach said as the player named Oikawa looked at him. And the screen turned off.

"Kyaaah!!" Some students of the Shuchiin Academy squealed as they see Oikawa for the first time. Miku, Ichigo, and Ikuno blushed as they see the new arriving player of Aoba Jousai.

"O-Oikawa? So handsome!" Ichigo said.

"If he was in our world before, maybe I'll pair myself to him!" Miku exclaimed.

"Hah?! What's the meaning of that?!" Zorome angrily asked.

"What, are you jealous?!" Miku smirked.

"Oikawa. Wow, he looks good." Ikuno uttered.

"Let's start the next episode, everyone!" Rize exclaimed.

"Yeah!!" The girls of the Shuchiin Academy loudly replied as they want to see more of Oikawa.

"Is he even that handsome?" Giyu uttered.

To Be Continued...

Tadaima! I'm back! I hope you liked this chapter as always! Thank you for reading and have a great day!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

505K 17.4K 28
accepting coach nekomata's invitation to be the manager for the boys volleyball team wouldn't have been so stressful if you were aware of your charmi...
89.9K 2.1K 47
Kageyama and Y/n studied in the same middle school. Although Kageyama had been madly in love with Y/n since he first laid eyes on her, his anxiety an...
114 9 2
Posted also on AO3. Following the loss of a practice match before their training camp in Saitama, the Karasuno High Boys' Volleyball Club underwent a...
161K 7.1K 23
~~COMPLETED~~ "I'm sorry... I don't know who you are?" Hinata Shouyo; Once happy, energetic and a brilliant volleyball player, loses his memory in an...