β€’ the dragon of the court β€’ |...

By giubrick

Isabelle Aizawa, third year student in Shumizen Academy, captain of the most known girl's volleyball team in... More

0.0
0.1
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
Author's Note!

31.

904 24 5
By giubrick

Tokyo Metropolitan Gymnasium
9th January, National Tournament, Semifinals

«Good luck for today, Aizawa-san and thank you again for everything» Sawamura says, shaking my hand.

I'm currently saying goodbye to Karasuno before my match starts and seeing Hinata, Noya and Tanaka in tears is not really helpful.

«WE'RE GONNA MISS YOU SO MUCH, AIZAWA-SAN!» Tanaka and Nishinoya push me away from Sawamura and hug me crying while I pat their back.

«I'm gonna miss you too, guys!»

Sawamura and Ennoshita take them away by their collars and scold them for being too clingy. I smile and thank them.

«Thank you for your help, Isabelle-san» Kageyama bows his head a little and I do the same.

«S-sensei, I...» Shoyō gets closer but I stop him and hug him tight.

«I'm proud of you, Greatest Decoy!» I say, taking a step back and giving him a big smile «But I really have to go, guys, today is gonna be hard»

They bow all together and scream a loud "Thank you" that gain the attention of the people around us.

I wave at them one last time before running back in the gym where my girls are waiting.

Sorry guys, I don't want you to see me crying, you need to stay strong.

«Are you ready?»

«Honestly? No» I answer to Bokuto, who comes with Akaashi to see the game.

They will play this afternoon the man's semifinal and apparently all the three best aces — and also the fourth — of Japan are out of the game so Bokuto is the only one who keeps playing in this Tournament.

On the other hand we're against Ameban's girls, our dear friends. I know this time would come but today I'm even more heartbroken.

Bokuto hug me tight, squeezing me in his strong arms «I know that you're sad now but you have to win also this. In my eyes your the brightest star out in the court, I know you can do it»

I hide my face in his chest, drowning in embarrassment and cuteness «How can you say something like that out loud?»

He takes my shoulders and push me back a little to look at me in the eyes «I want everyone to know how I feel about you!»

I shake my head, smiling «You're the best boy in the entire world» I press my lips on his and he gently kiss me back, sliding his arm behind my waist to pull me closer.

The kiss lasts only a few seconds before I break it «I'm happy you're here» I turn my face to Akaashi, who's pretending to be focused on something on the court to don't look at us «same goes for you, 'Kaashi!»

He looks at me and smiles «Anything for a friend»

I take his arm and force him in a group hug, to which Bokuto happily agrees «I love you guys! Now, let's go!»

I jump over the barriers that divide us from the court and the benches, where my girls are impatiently waiting for the opponent to arrive.

They're sit down, looking dead, so I kneel in front of them and clap my hands «I know how much this is hard, we know Nakamura and her team really well and after yesterday it may seems even more difficult but trust me, this is not the last time we will see them» I try to cheer them up «and this not also the last time we will play together as a team» I add.

Now I have their total attention.

I sigh «Don't think even for a seconds that this will be our last game together. We will have tomorrow and the day after and the months after and the years after. I'm not going to forget you and everything you gave to me. We created a family together and this can't be erased, am I clear enough?»

Some girls are crying while other are trying to don't break down in front of me. Some TV crews and journalists applauded to my words and only right now I realize that we're in public.

I smile and stand up, turning to the door «Now, wipe your tears and stand up. Their coming»

We can't let them see us cry...wait what?

Nakamura runs into the gym and right into my arms, sobbing «Ooooh, Isabelle! How can this be our last game together? I'm soooo sad and emotional! I need tissues!»

I hug her and caress her back «Nakamura, for God sakes! Don't cry, please! I don't have time to do another motivational speech but I can promise you this is not our last game together, alright?» I turn to Risa «Risa! Tissues! Tissues! Fast! I can feel tears everywhere!»

Nakamura let out a sad laugh and step back, letting me go «I'm sorry, honey! I didn't want to cry all over you!»

I wave my hands in front of her «Don't worry, let's focus only on today's game, okay?»

She nods and take the tissues Risa is handing her «Thank you, Mori-san!» she thanks her, blowing her nose «And you're totally right! Let's have a good game, then!» she smiles and return to her team.

«She's like...»

«Kōtarō?» I end up Risa's sentence «Yes, she is»

She sighs and pats my shoulder «I've already seen too may tears and it's only 10 in the morning, I hope that the next crying sessions will be for the happiness to play in the finals»

I chuckle and hug her arm «Don't worry, we will make this happen!»

Of course we will.

«Shumizen's team don't let go! They lost the first set but absolutely destroy Ameban in the second one, scoring 25 points against 17! Wow, this girls are unstoppable! Let's go with the third set right now! Good luck to everyone!»

I wipe the sweat on my forehead with the back of my hand. After losing the first set we fought like crazy in the second one and now we're about to do it again in this last set.

«Ishikawa is serving right now aaaand here it goes her perfect jump serve who immediately scores a point! Great start for the Shumizen!»

Mina sends her a thumbs up and me and Moto points at her, without turning our head, screaming «ANOTHER ONE!»

And she did, another point. At the third serve the opposite libero manages to receive it and they attack. Me, Moto and Konishi are now in the front so we run towards their win spiker and at Moto's signal we jump as high as we can, touching the ball.

«ONE TOUCH!» Konishi warns the girls behind us. I touch my index and the girls know what time is it: a synchronized attack is beginning.

Ana run under the ball and get ready to toss while we all start running to the net. But then our amazing setter surprised us all once again by spiking the ball from outside the court, scoring a miraculous point.

When we all turn on the floor we turn to Ana, shocked.

«What the fuck?! THAT WAS NASTY! I LOVE IT!»  Mina screams and Risa trows a towel on her face, telling her to shut up.

Ana sending her a dead glare and try to hit her but Ishikawa steps between them, stopping any kind of violence.

«Ana-san! I thought we were friends but that was a crappy move!» Nakamura screams from the other side of the net and Ana try to run to her but this time I stop her, jumping on her back.

«This girls never fails to surprise us with their amazing relationship and teamwork! They can also make us laugh with this little pause during the game! Ha-ha-ha! Amazing!» the speaker says between laugh.

At least he found this funny.

«MINA! THE BALL!»

Ana did the first touch and pass the ball to Mina, who jump before the line and toss it to me. I spike it as strong as I can with my left arm and score a point.

The stands explode in scream and I look at the board: 26 at 25. Only one point.

Ana serves and one of wing spiker receive it with some difficult. They pass at the attack as quick as they can but our amazing libero save our asses.

Mina slides literally out of the court, hitting the benches and sending the ball in a strange direction «FUCK! I'M SORRY! COVER!»

The ball is still in the air and I run to it «Ishikawa, be ready!» I say to her. I run as fast as I can but the ball is falling down right in front of me.

An idea popped into my mind: I jump and kick the ball like only football's players do, falling on my back.

This fucking hurts, I thought, rolling on my abdomen to see our second year scoring the last point.

«CAPTAIN!»

Before cheering our victory the girls run to me and crawl beside me, asking me if I'm hurt.

I smile and sit down «I'm okay, don't worry»

They help me stand and only when I am on my feet the stands, the benches and everyone on our side start screaming and singing, happily.

I smile and hug them one by one «You did it great!»

Then I turn to Nakamura and her team, who are smiling sadly at us.

We go to them and shake their hands, passing under the net to hug each other and cry a little bit more.

«And also this year you're the best» she whispers to me, caressing my hairs.

I snuggle on her shoulder «Don't say such things! I'm not the best until tomorrow!» I joke, laughing.

When she let me go I take a moment to look at her lovely face.

I really hope we will meet again, Nakamura.

«KŌTARŌ, YOU'RE THE BEST ACE! WO-OH!» I scream to my boyfriend who's playing the last set of the day.

Fukurodani is winning and I can see that they're all feel really good today by the way they're playing. The receives are always on point and Akaashi's tosses seem more calculated than usual. Bokuto's emo mood is totally erased when he's very focus like now, working hard on score with every spike.

Looking at him playing is always a pleasure for me. I love to see how much he cares about this sport and his teammates and I also like the way all his boys carry him during the game when he's not at 100%. It's a perfect relationship: when someone is lost there's always someone else who's going to find him and help him out. Of course it's not easy but this is what makes Fukurodani the strong team it is.

With an amazing line shot they end up the game, winning two set at zero, passing at next — and last —turn.

«NICE KILL, BOKUTO!» Ana and Mina cheer, giving me two high-five.

After the formality the team run to us, cheering and giving us high-five, hugs and sending kisses. I hug Bokuto and Akaashi, filling my jacket with their sweat.

«You did it great! You're great!» I kiss Bokuto on the lips and smack a kiss on Akaashi's cheek «I'm so happy for you, guys!»

«I know! I'm the best! HEY HEY HEY!» Bokuto let us go and dry some sweat with the towel he has around his neck.

I lift an eyebrow «Kō, I wasn't talking only about you...» I mutter, making Akaashi chuckle.

He pouts «So I wasn't the best?»

Me and Akaashi share one brain cells in moments like this «NO! YOU ABSOLUTELY WERE!» we say together, making Bokuto smiles and jumping around.

We sigh and keep watch Bokuto do his show until I feel a tap on my shoulder.

I turn my head and found Koko looking down at me «Holy shit, you look like a zombie»

She's sweating like she has run a marathon so I assume she just finish her match.

She hits me with her wet towel «Shut up, stupid dragon! I was playing until some minutes ago!»

I smirk «You won?»

She smiles brightly «Of course and I know you beat Nakamura»

I nod «Yes, we did it»

Koko looks behind me and wave at the boys «So tomorrow is our turn»

The finals. We're here again like last year with the only difference that this is our last Tournament.

«I know what you're thinking, you should stop, really, I hate that kind of thoughts» she keeps saying, karate chopping my hips and almost knocking me on the ground.

I grab my hip in pain and kick her butt «That was painful!»

She massages the spot I hit before and tries to hit me again, starting a karate competition in the middle of journalists and TV crews.

Then Sanada grabs me and Koko, dividing us by pushing us on the ground «Are you really third years? Then calm down»

Her dark aura make us shut up and jump as far as we can from her.

«We will end this tomorrow on the court!» I point at her with my finger.

She does the same and grin «Oh yes!»

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5M 108K 105
𝜊𝜊𝜊.γ…€ π™π™π™Šπ™Žπ™ π˜½π™„π™π™€ βœβ €β«β €β”€β”€β”€β €β πš‘πšŠπš›πšπš πš˜πš›πš” πš’πšœ πš‹πšŽπšœπš πšœπšŽπš›πšŸπšŽπš 𝐜𝐨π₯𝐝. ❞ γ€€ γ€€β–°β–° β€· ❄️ Λ“ βŠΉοΉ…Λš. β€Ή a 𝙠𝙖𝙩𝙨π™ͺπ™ π™ž 𝙗𝙖𝙠π™ͺπ™œπ™€π™ͺ fa...
11.9K 358 22
OC, named Ireen, is another childhood friend of Eren, just a year older (or so what they thought). Living in a forest separated from the main town of...
17K 506 8
Inoue Hotaru, a 28-year-old novelist, reluctantly returns to her hometown for her best friend's wedding. Amidst the charming kaleidoscope of familiar...
18.3K 219 7
"You don't understand what I did for you, Aryan. You don't know what I did to protect you. I- I stayed at that house longer than necessary so I could...