Castle | ✔️

KittyKash92 által

(DARK ROMANCE THRILLER) Millicent Davis hates her life with her uncle and jumps at the chance to work for the... Több

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

Chapter Fifteen

19.6K 1.5K 186
KittyKash92 által

It was a late Friday afternoon, which was usually time to read Castle some books. I'm not sure if he understood what was being read because most of his attention was fixated on my breasts, not that I had a problem with that. Reading books for him was part of my job and I enjoyed doing it.

I didn't understand why I was being summoned into Devin's study so suddenly. It was usually the last place I wanted to be.

He sat behind his desk, wearing a beige shirt with a few buttons undone from the top, and emerald eyes that were haunted by horrors of this mansion.

"How are your legs now?" Devin asked me, cheerfully, as if he hadn't witnessed his sister beating the shit outta them and he hadn't just locked me up in the basement after that.

"They are fine." I said, "all thanks to your perfect medical care." I added sarcastically.

Devin laughed, running his hand through his hair. "we take teaching our lessons to the rebels very seriously, but I'm genuinely glad that it worked out, Millie. You seem to have adapted to your life now."

I just smiled in response. If I had a gun, I'd be happy to put a bullet in his handsome face.

"Well, the reason I asked you to come here is because of a party invitation that we received. It's at Beckett's house tomorrow evening." He said, "The Beckett's are an influential family, much similar to ours, and my father used to have a good relationship with them."

"I will stay home with Castle. Don't worry."

Devin shook his head, "the invitation specifically asked all family members to come for the party. They obviously do not want Castle to be left out because he is the oldest son of this family and they knew him since before he lost his memories. He's expected to show up." He continued, "That's where you come in. Winston will deliver a dress and a pair of shoes for you this evening. I need you to wear it tomorrow and look presentable. Penelope can help you with anything else that you may need. Your job at the party would be to keep Castle company. He doesn't do well at parties, especially where there are many people."

"I understand," I said.

"Great." Devin smiled like he was an angel with the halo on his head, but in reality, he was a spawn of Satan.

"I would like to leave, if that's all. Castle is waiting for me in his room, as it's his reading time." I climbed to my feet and made my way towards the door.

I just needed an excuse to get away from Lucifer.

"Wait a minute, Millie," Devin called out to me again.

I stopped short and turned.

"If Castle does any drama at the party, I'm going to hold you responsible for it. Explain to him the kind of behavior that is expected of him during the gathering. Drill it into his brain, if you have to."

"I'll make sure he's on his best behavior," I assured him.

"Oh, and one more thing, Millie."

Now, what asshole?

"I should probably just warn you. If you try to devise any plan for escaping, I'll know. And the consequences of your actions shall be dire."

"I won't try to escape, Devin, because I really want to help you with Castle. I'm taking responsibility as his caregiver very seriously."

Devin looked shocked for a minute. "I'm impressed. Keep that up, Millicent, and I'll give your phone back. Hell, I'll even take off the anklet."

"If that's the case, Devin, I promise you, I won't cause any trouble."

"Good. Off you go then."

I passed him a smile before turning around to leave. The smile turned into a smirk by the time I was out of the study.

It was true that I wanted what was best from Castle and I wanted to help him with his condition. Only, I was playing a double game. Flushing Castle's medications down the toilet would bring his memories back and serve my purpose. I would act docile, follow the twisted rules, and finally get what I want. When Dayana had broken my legs and the time I'd spent locked in the basement down below, I had only one thought that forced me to live through that situation.

I wanted the Montgomerys to pay the price for their sins.

And I wouldn't rest until I'd witnessed it happen.

* ~ *

I tried to remember the last time I'd worn something so beautiful and couldn't recall a single time that I had.

It was a long royal blue velvet dress, off-shoulders with a V neckline. I didn't have huge breasts, but I had decent curves. I've had men turn around for a second glance at me when I walked down the streets during the time I wasn't a captive employee at the Montgomery household and so that proved I was attractive, at least.

A glimmering studded necklace adorned my neck; the sapphire gemstone in the center was beautiful, and it matched my earrings. If I hadn't been their captive, I'd probably be tempted to steal the necklace, but of course, I didn't possess a stealing streak in my body. This necklace would feed a poor family for years. The Montgomerys had far too much wealth. It was old money, passed through generations.

The gown's length swept on the floor of the black limousine as I wondered if Devin had ordered this particular gown for me on purpose, so if I planned to run away during the party, I would likely trip and fall.

Only, I didn't plan on escaping, no matter how badly I was tempted.

Castle sat in the limo facing me. He wore a tailored black tux, his hair ruffled, and his face having a five o'clock shadow. When I'd first went to his room to help him dress up, I couldn't stop thinking about his hands or the innocent way he would keep stealing glances at me with mesmerizing golden-brown eyes. He was drop-dead gorgeous, and I felt a twinge of jealously for any woman he'd been with before his accident. If Castle was normal, I was sure he would have reeked of power. He seemed like the type of man who would be honorable, fair, but also strict when he needed to be. I enjoyed guessing what Castle's real personality would have been before the accident.

The Beckett's mansion was enormous, but if I should admit, the Montgomery's mansion would put this one to shame. Marble floors, beautiful chandeliers and long hallways led us to the ballroom where the party was taking place.

Dayana introduced me to the owners of the mansion, Mr. and Mrs. Beckett, an elderly couple who seemed warm and receiving. I didn't miss how Dayana said I was 'Castle's date' and when I looked at her in confusion; she smiled politely and kicked my foot.

I knew I needed to play along.

The more I stood there looking at all the people, the more I realized I didn't belong with them. My life two months ago was nothing like this, and now I was dropped headfirst into a web of lies, deceit and manipulation. I hated it, but I also hated my old life with my uncle, where my wings were clipped. At least with Devin, I knew where I stood. If I pretended to play by the rules, he wouldn't hurt me.

Castle was settled at a round table with Chandler seated next to him. The two brothers were drinking something.

"Miss. Montgomery?"

I turned to find a handsome gentleman standing near me; a strange look was on his face. He was blond, with blue eyes and sharp features.

"Oh, I'm not related to them." I said quickly, "My name is Millicent Davis."

"My bad. I thought you were Devin's cousin," he chuckled. "I'm Jett."

He offered me his hand. I took it, "Call me Millie." I picked a cup from the table and started pouring a deep orange liquid into it.

"A little warning, Millie, that punch you're about to take. It sucks." He grinned.

I laughed, "Thanks for warning me." I emptied the contents of the cup back into the bowl and poured myself some red wine instead.

"The meatballs suck big time, too. The rest all should be good," Jett said with good humor.

I rolled my eyes. "How do you know so much about the food quality here? Did you do a secret taste test?"

Jett flashed me a grin. "This is my house."

I choked on my wine, laughing, "Jett Beckett?"

"The one and only,"

I couldn't hide my amusement. "I met your grandparents earlier, and they were talking about you, but never mentioned your name. That's why I didn't know who you were."

"I bet they tried to set you up with me." Jett said jokingly, "I wouldn't have any qualms if they had."

Jett was a flirt. A big one. He was the type of guy who was charming and hard to turn down.

"Not really. They knew I came with Castle."

Just then, I felt a little nudge on my back. "Millie..."

Jett's expressions were unreadable as he stared behind me. Castle was standing by my side, brushing his fingers lightly over my elbow. "What is it, Castle?"

Castle glowered at Jett silently, but that quickly faded as he turned to focus on me. "I want to leave."

"But sweetie, we just came to the party," I said, squeezing his hand.

The way Castle seemed upset, something seemed wrong. I leaned in a bit and could get a whiff of liquor on him. Was he drinking alcohol all this time?

"My head...my head feels woozy." He complained, rubbing his head harshly and his breathing turned heavy.

"Are you feeling ill?"

He ran his hand through his hair, "Millie...let's go."

I looked at Jett. "If you'll excuse me, Mr. Beckett. It was nice meeting you."

Before he would answer, Castle got a tight grip over my hand and dragged me out of the ballroom. 

* * *

I would appreciate if you could LIKE and COMMENT your thoughts below. 

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

40.3K 4.1K 35
When men vanish around the city, a young, paraplegic detective takes it upon herself to uncover the truth and soon realizes the culprit might be a lo...
LOVESICK Rosél által

Rejtély / Thriller

427K 11.7K 63
[previously Named Yes Master] [Also I wrote this book when I was 15, I'm 21 now and it kind of embarrasses me (writing issues) but have funz!] Afte...
4.4K 612 72
"They say sometimes the road of life takes an unexpected turn, and you don't have no choice but to follow it and end up in place where you are suppos...
17.6K 2K 32
(Ranked #1 in Adult in 28K stories) #Wattys2020 🥇(1st place) Romance- The Platinum Awards 🥈(2nd place) Chicklit - 2023 Rose Gold Awards 🥈(2nd pl...