Queer 'n Crazy (Sanders Sides...

By AwkwardLittlePringle

To say Virgil hasn't had the easiest life is an understatement, but that doesn't mean he enjoys being used as... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Author's Note (not necessary to read)
Chapter 28
TAGGED (NOT A CHAPTER SORRY)
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52

Chapter 24

511 39 20
By AwkwardLittlePringle

Hello, fellow fanders!

...I'm sorry I didn't update.

WARNINGS : Swearing, having your crush kind of exposed, I think that's it.

............

"C'mon, Emo, it's halloween! Dark, gloomy... shouldn't you love it the most?" Virgil rolled his eyes at the comment, moving his queen three spaces to the right.
"I love halloween, but I do not like parties, Princey." He sighed. Roman hummed and placed a chip in his mouth before moving his pawn forward two spaces.

"Are you sure you don't want to go, Virge? I mean, I'm not particular either, but at least there'll be candy." Patton pointed out.

Virgil sighed.

"I'm not going. I'm not gonna stop you guys, but I'd rather just stay in." he captured Roman's bishop.
"Charles!" he cried.
"You named your piece?"
"Uh, yeah?"

"Hey, Virge, when's Logan coming back?"
"I dunno. He left in the middle of calc."

"Why do you take that class anyway?" Roman knocked one of Virgil's pawns over. "I thought you hated math."
"No way I hate math. At least everything makes sense there." said Virgil with a glum expression. "But it is harder than I gave it credit for."

"But then he's been gone for ages!" whined Patton. "What is he doing in there?"
"Do any of you actually know where the office is?" Patton frowned.
"No, actually. We weren't showed it at orientation, were we?" Virgil shrugged.
"He should be back soon anyway." said Virgil, taking another one of Roman's pawns.

"Stop that!"
"Not my fault you suck."
"Before you berate Roman's skills, you may want to notice that he's a move away from taking your queen, Virgil."

Virgil glanced at the board and his eyes widened. Roman swore as Virgil moved his queen away, before turning to glare at Logan.

"C'mon, Specs!"
"As Virgil said, it's not our fault that you 'suck'."
"You didn't have to help him though!"
"Thanks, Lo." sighed Virgil. "How the hell did I miss that?" He muttered.
"Logan! You're back! And no swearing, Roman."
"Yeah yeah."

"How was it? What'd they want?" asked Virgil turning away from their game.
"It was about the medicine thing." sighed Logan, dumping his bag the floor before collapsing next to Patton.
"I should have guessed that." replied Virgil moodily as Roman took another one of his pawns. Logan squinted at the chessboard.

"Both of you really are terrible at this, aren't you."
"C'mon, Lo! Be encouraging!"
"Patton three out of the last four moves have resulted in captures. Surely that says something."
"...Isn't capturing the whole point?" Logan exhaled in disbelief, rubbing his temples.
"Forget I said anything."

"Anyway, what'd they ask?"
"Just the basic stuff. Did I know what the pills looked like, did I know if anyone had done this before, that sort of stuff. They might call you in as well, Virgil. I mentioned that you were the one who noticed the switch." Virgils' eyes widened, and he curled in on himself.

"Why the hell would you do that?!"
"...Because you were the one who noticed the switch?" Virgil groaned, shoving his hands into his pockets. Now I'm going to be questioned. Great.

With his luck it was plausible that they'd find some way to make it seem like he was guilty. He could hardly speak to his art teacher - the one he liked the most - how on earth was he going to speak to the vice principal? He was diagnosed with anxiety for a reason goddamn it!

"How is the vice, by the way? We saw one of them at that assembly... Was it her?"
Logan shook his head, watching Patton as he slipped his needle through the fabric once more.
"No. She had different hair. If I'm being honest, I don't like her at all." Patton frowned.
"C'mon, Lo. It was just the first meeting! All the teachers here have been great so far, how could she be the vice if she wasn't?"

"Maybe she helped start it up or something." sighed Logan, his eyes fluttering shut. Virgil found himself staring at the way that his bangs cast faint shadows across his face in the weak october light. Virgil wanted to see his eyes. He couldn't see his eyes.
"Well, your instincts have been spot on so far." sighed Virgil. "Are you sure they'll call me in?"
"I'm not sure." said Logan leaning forward onto the table. The youth room was filled with a quiet evening chatter. It was a Friday, and halloween was just around the corner, on Monday to be precise.

The staff had said that Monday would be an off day, and school started half an hour late on Tuesday, so a couple of kids from Scutum had decided to through a party. Sure they were mentally ill teenagers, but they were still teenagers. Roman had delighted in gossiping with everyone about it, and by the end of the day Virgil felt like he wanted to throw up.

Roman sighed dramatically, flicking Virgil's bishop off the board with a funny look on his face.

"Well, if you really don't want to go, I guess it can't be helped." he grumbled with a pout. He looked up at Pat. "What about you?"
"If you're going, I'll come too." he replied, looping yarn around his needle. Roman looked at the other boy deadpanned, before rephrasing.
"I mean, do you want to go."
"My statement still stands." he hummed back, laying his knitting down in front of him.
"Pat."
"Yes?"

"If I wasn't going, would you go?"
"...I would stay with you."
Virgil grinned as the tips of Roman's ears turned a faint pink.
"Patton! Do you want to go to the party! Yes or no!"
"...Not really, but if you're going-"
"Yeah yeah, I heard you the first three times, bud." Roman said with a raised eyebrow. "I'm assuming Logan's not interested?"
Logan's eyes widened slightly. "Uh... No I am not. Sorry, Roman." The other boy merely laughed.

"Don't worry about it. Parties are only ever fun if your friends are there anyway." His eyes lit up. "We should have a night in!" Logan blinked.
"...I thought that was a given? We're not going out anyway."
"No, Lo! Like, a sleepover night in! Right, Roman?"
"Spot on, Padre." nodded Roman. "We could all spend the night in my dorm-"

"What about your roommate?" asked Virgil, feeling a little out of water at the turn of events.
"They're going to the party, and then spending the night in Pat's dorm." said Roman. "I dunno where Pat was going to go, but yeah."

"That's kind of intrusive." said Logan, furrowing his brows.
"But that's beside the point." said Patton, waving his hand. "Do you guys wanna do it? C'mon, it'll be so much fun!"

Virgil bit his lip. It was definitely better than going to a party, and he did enjoy Pat and Roman's company, but he would be stuck with them overnight. In the same room. In plain view. With no conscious knowledge of what he was doing. What if he did something really annoying when he was asleep? Like started snoring? What if he had a nightmare? What would he do then? He would probably end up being a nuisance...

Why did they want him there anyway? Would it really be so bad if he said no? Sure he'd enjoy it, but still. With his luck there was like a 50 percent chance he'd do something stupid. Maybe he could-

"Virge!" Virgil whipped his head around to face Logan, who was staring at him with his lip quirked upward.
"Yes?"
"Calm down. I can practically hear you overthinking." Virgil spluttered.

"I am not!"

"Yes you are." he said with a slight chuckle. "You stared at the table for over 10 seconds."
"I space out all the time! You know that."
"Yeah, but when you space out you stop bouncing your leg up and down. If you're stressing yourself out, however, you tend to start biting your lip, and fiddle with your fingers in your pockets."

Roman and Patton fell silent as Virgil squinted at Logan, who held his stare with a raised eyebrow. After about 15 seconds, he conceded.

"Yeah okay fine."
"That's another point to me." he replied smugly as he flipped to the last page of his notebook and added another tally mark to his side. Virgil groaned, shunting his pawn forward another square.

"How far behind am I?"
"Only by four." His eyes widened.
"Four?! Seriously?" Virgil's eyes narrowed suspiciously. "Are you messing with the marks?"
"I'm not a cheat, Virge."

"Uh... What marks exactly?" The roommates turned to the other two. Virgil had almost forgotten they were there.
"We keep trying to call each other out using observation. Once Virgil was contemplating whether or not pizza rolls were more like taco's or spiral cake-"
"No I wasn't!"
"Yes you were you admitted it afterward." he shot back with a glare. "And I noticed that his nose was wrinkled, meaning he was thinking about something stupid."
"Okay, for the record, I picked that habit up from you-" he pointed almost angrily. "-and second he was the one who started it."

The two of them stared at the pair for a while, before bursting into grins.

"Aw, that's so sweet!" Virgil blinked. What? "You guys pick up each other's little quirks!" Virgil felt heat rise up his neck, and stared at Patton, shocked.

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?!" Virgil stared at Logan, shocked at how red the boy was.
"Hey! No swearing, loverboy!"
"ROMAN!" Virgil turned on the other boy with a glare that could kill, but Roman just smirked and stuck his tongue out. Oh it is on.

"C'mon, Virge! You can't deny it's sweet!"

"As sweet as trying to commit an entire cookie recipe to memory just cause someone likes it?" Patton's mouth snapped shut, and he slowly turned red.
"And what about taking a picture of someone in every sweater they own, just to make sure that you don't get them one they already have?" Virgil grinned at Logan's addition, watching as Roman started to splutter.

"I- That's not-"
"I didn't hear about that one, actually." said Virgil with mock interest as he turned to Logan.
"And I didn't hear about the cookies. Would you like to further this conversation at a later date?"
"Deal."

"You little shit!" Roman cried, flipping Virgil off. Virgil merely grinned, returning the gesture in double.
"Roman, language." said Patton, his voice muffled from behind his hands.
"Yeah, Ro. Listen to your boyfriend." Patton let out a startled noise, his glasses starting to fog back up.
"LOGAN I SWEAR TO FUCKING GOD-"

Virgil cackled as Roman started picking chess pieces off the board and pelting them at Logan, who yelped and used his notebook as a shield.

"Waitwaitwait, you like me back?" The three of them stared at Patton, who was watching Roman with red ears.
"Uh... Yeah?"
"Oh." Virgil bit his lip to hold back his excitement.
"Would you like to maybe go on a date sometime then?" asked Patton slowly. Roman smiled.
"It would be my pleasure."

"Now that, ladies and gentlemen, is how you ask someone out." grinned Virgil in a mock-announcer's voice.
"Took you two long enough, honestly."

The new couple stared at Logan and Virgil with disbelief.

"US? You two have been dancing around so long that you've committed each other's ticks to memory!" shot back an incredulous Patton. "We haven't been roommates! Virgil' been pining twice as long anyway!" Virgil spluttered.
"No I have not!
"Yes you have!"
"Well even if I have been, Logan knows anyway!"

The four of them fell into silence. Roman looked at Logan surprised.
"...You do?" Logan blushed even deeper, and Virgil felt his heart stop. Had he been wrong?

"Well, I suppose I do." he mumbled from behind fogging glasses. "I knew Virgil had taken a liking to me a while ago, but I didn't know it was a full-on crush."
"Uh, you could label it that way I guess." replied Virgil, noting his lack of reply.
"I definitely like him back-" rushed Logan, guessing Virgil's thought pattern. "But we were kind of just, doing our own thing."

Roman sat back, obviously not satisfied, but sighed nonetheless.

"You two are ridiculous, honestly." Logan snorted.

"At least I didn't wax poetry about Patton's eyes for 10 minutes."
"ShUT uP-"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

356K 5.9K 78
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
797K 48.5K 113
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
1.2M 51.2K 97
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
351K 15.2K 39
જ⁀➴ᡣ𐭩 hidden, various hazbin hotel characters x female reader જ⁀➴ᡣ𐭩 𝑰𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 we follow an angel named y/n, who had her bes...