summertime sadness| jj maybank

By 1-800-scooter-ankle

they grew up in the cut. the pogues. the most neglected and ignored people in all of outer banks. here to h... More

❖ introduction ❖
❖ one ❖
❖ two ❖
❖ three ❖
❖ four ❖
❖ five ❖
❖ six ❖
❖ seven ❖
❖ eight ❖
❖ nine ❖
❖ ten ❖
❖ eleven ❖
❖ twelve ❖
❖ thirteen ❖
❖ fourteen ❖
❖ fifteen ❖
❖ sixteen ❖
❖ seventeen ❖
❖ nineteen ❖

❖ eighteen ❖

394 6 1
By 1-800-scooter-ankle

liv woke up to see jj leaning against the door to the wreck, watching all the police cars drive by.

liv sat up and stretched, her back hurting from sleeping on the counter the night before. she walked over to jj, who wrapped his arm around her.

'do you think they got him?' jj asked.

'no, they wouldn't be out patrolling if the caught him.' liv replied.

'let's hope.' jj whispered.

'you know, we were in that car. they're probably looking for us too.' liv and jj turned around to see pope and kie walking towards them.

'well, if we're outlaws, we might as well help john b.' pope said.

'so, find him before they do?' jj asked.

pope reached into jj's backpack and pulled out the keys to jj's bike. 'pope?' jj asked.

'i'm gonna get gas for the boat.' pope replied.

'hey, you be careful. ok?' kie said.

pope ignored kie, and turned around to liv and jj, 'meet me at the dock at three. don't be late.' he ordered.

kie ran out the door after pope, 'ok, what is your problem?' she asked.

'no problem, officer. i'm just doing my job.' pope replied.

liv and jj stood right outside the door while kie continued to talk to pope.

'look, i'm sorry that i hurt your feelings.' kie yelled.

pope revved the engine on the bike, 'what was that?' he asked.

'look i didn't mean to!' kie yelled, pope continued to rev the engine over her voice.

'sorry, i can't hear you, what was that?' pope asked again.

'pope i'm being serious! i'm trying to talk to you!' kie yelled.

pope took off on the bike, leaving kie there just to watch him go.

kie started to walk back towards jj and liv, but soon stopped when a helicopter flew above them.

'who the hell is that?' jj asked.

'i don't know, but we gotta hurry up.' liv said.

liv, jj, and kie ran into the kitchen of the wreck, grabbing boxes to fill with food.

'you sure he just wasn't being weird pope?' jj asked.

'wasn't really the kind of thing that needed interpretation.' kie added more food into a box jj had on the counter. 'is that gonna be enough food for them?' she asked.

'it's a couple of weeks worth, and that's all they need.' liv said.

'look, i think i actually hurt his feelings.' kie said.

'look, don't beat yourself up too much. he's completely changed his feels. the past twenty four hours have been like jekyll and hyde.' jj said.

kie held open the door while jj walked down the steps with the box of food in his hands.

'i hate to admit it, but i miss the old pope. at least i knew what to expect from him.' kie said.

jj placed the box of food in the back of kie's car. 'where have you been?' her mother asked.

'i'm fine, i slept here.' kie pointed to the wreck.

'well, we were up half the night, scared to death, looking for you. were you even gonna tell us?' her mother yelled.

'well i'm telling you right now.' kie said.

'alright what the hell are you three up to?' kie's mom asked.

'i'm sorry miss anna, we just gotta go.' jj said.

'no i'm sorry, absolutely not! have you heard what's going on?' her mom yelled.

'mom, i'll explain later.' kie said.

liv and jj got in the back seat while kie slowly got in the drivers seat.

'have you seen the storm coming in? this is not safe!' her mom yelled.

'i'm sorry mom, i have to go!' kie yelled back.

'these cops are armed kiara, you guys are gonna get shot! i'm not letting you do this!' her mom continued.

'i have to go! mom john b needs me!' kie yelled. 'i understand, i'll be careful!' kie slammed the door shut and looked at her mom, 'i'm sorry!'

'stop it right now, kiara, this is not safe, stop!' her mom yelled.

kie pressed on the gas and drove away from the wreck, despite her mom still yelling at her.

———————————————————————

kie stopped the car outside of jj's, 'home sweet home.' jj said.

'i'm coming with you.' liv said.

'no, you're not.' jj ordered.

'yes i am, and you're not stopping me.' liv opened the door and went to get out of the car, but jj grabbed her.

'just stay in here, please? look if my dads in there, he'll try and do something to you. so just please, stay in here.' jj looked liv in the eyes, before kissing her forehead and getting out of the car.

liv sat there, her eyes glued on the door, waiting for jj to come back out.

a light smile appeared on her face when jj walked out, only for it to disappear when she saw how sad he was.

jj got back in the back seat, 'how'd it go?' kie asked.

jj held up his hand with the keys wrapped around it and smiled.

liv held jj's other hand and smiled at him, 'i love you.' she whispered.

'i love you too.' he whispered back.

———————————————————————

'it'll be fine, it'll be fine with the phantom. she'll be out of here quick.' jj said.

'shit, get down.' liv ordered. three police cars drove by them, jj and liv laying down in the back seat.

'they're still looking. that's a good sign.' kie said.

———————————————————————

kie stopped the car outside of the garage, jj jumping out and running over towards the door.

'there she be!' jj said. he reached up and pulled a sheet off the front. 'hey girl. a 1983 formula 402 sr1. the phantom. the first boat to make the run to bermuda in under sixteen hours, ladies. forty years old, forty! and still the fastest thing kildare's ever seen.' he smiled.

'it's kind of a junker.' kie said.

'really, shes right there, kie? she can hear you. let's just put it this way. you would not be smoking weed right now if she never existed, ok? ' jj said.  

'let's just hope it runs.' liv sighed.

'oh, she runs alright. she's faster that any of the cutters the boys in blue got.' jj smiled.

kie heard the tires from jj's bike squeal. 'pope, finally!' kie yelled.

'yea it's about time.' liv said. she started walking towards kie but stopped.

'hey there, what's going on? jj? how you guys doin?' rafe asked.

'shit.' liv mumbled.

liv and jj turned around when they heard whistling behind them.

'well well.' barry smiled.

jj grabbed liv's hand and slowly backed up, until barry cocked just gun and held it in jj's face.

'see, don't think i forgot about me and you on the side of the road. i'm here because i want my motherfuckin money!' barry grabbed jj and threw him to the ground.

'jj!' liv yelled.

liv watched rafe pick kie up and move her, 'wheres john b?' rafe asked.

'i don't know!' kie yelled, then slapped rafe.

barry kicked jj over with his foot, 'stay down boy.' he growled.

liv ran to jj, but barry picked her up and threw her to the ground.

'i really wish you didn't do that.' rafe said.

'i know what you did!' kie yelled.

'what? what did i do?' rafe questioned.

'you murdered peterkin!' kie yelled.

rafe grabbed kie by the throat, 'don't you ever say those fucking words again. understand?'

'rafe!' kie cried.

'do you understand? where's john b?' rafe yelled.

barry picked jj up off the ground and started punching him every chance he got.

'jj!' liv yelled. 'leave him alone!'

liv stood up and grabbed barry, but he threw her down again, then threw jj down next to her.

'i said stay down!' he yelled.

liv tried to stand up again, but barry hit her in the face, causing her to fall back to the ground.

'livvy.' jj groaned.

liv put her hand over her face where she had previously been hit, but when she looked back up, she saw pope beating the shit out of rafe.

'hey!' barry yelled. he started to walk towards pope, but jj grabbed his leg, causing him to fall and the gun slipped out of his grip.

'kie! kick it!' jj yelled.

liv and jj got up, jj grabbing onto barry while liv ran to kie.

'are you ok?' liv asked.

'yea, yea, i'm fine.' kie was still trying to catch her breath. 'are you?' she asked.

'i'm ok, i'm not bleeding, i don't think.' liv looked behind kie to where pope was still beating the shit out of rafe.

'pope!' she yelled.

'pope stop!' kie screamed.

jj ran over to them, 'he's had enough dude!' jj yelled.

pope let rafe fall to the ground, 'he's good!' kie yelled.

pope wrapped a cord around rafe's neck and started to choke him, 'hey snap out of it dude!' jj yelled.

'pope stop!' liv yelled.

'pope that's too much!' kie screamed.

'dude, come on! stop, stop!' jj yelled. he wrapped his hands around pope and tried to pull him away from rafe, 'stop! stop!'

'look at me!' kie yelled.

pope finally dropped the cord, letting rafe fall to the ground, gasping for air.

'ok, we gotta go, we gotta go!' kie yelled.

jj grabbed onto liv and looked at her, 'are you ok?' he asked, he searched every inch of her face for a mark of any kind.

'bub, hey hey hey, i'm fine, ok? i'm more worried about you!' liv said.

'don't worry about me, ok? we gotta go.' jj grabbed liv's hand and started running to kie's car.

———————————————————————

'dude where is he?' kie asked.

'give him a second. he'll be here.' pope said.

'he's coming. he'll be fine.' jj said.

'uh, guys.' liv yelled. everyone turned their heads in the direction of the police car driving towards them.

'get back on the boat, get back on the boat.' jj yelled.

'shit!' kie groaned.

they all stared at the cop car as john b climbed out. 'wait. no way' jj said.

'no effing way.' pope said.

'holy shit.' liv laughed.

'i'm sorry?' kie said.

'you've gotta be kidding me.' jj laughed.

'shoupe let me take it for a spin!' john b laughed.

'ok, that's believable. i'll buy that for now.' kie smiled.

liv jumped off the boat, giving john b a hug, before he stepped onto the boat.

'it wasn't easy bro. but i got the phantom for you, and she runs like she was made yesterday.' jj smiled, throwing the keys to john b. 'you ready to go?'

'where's sarah?' john b asked.

'she's not with you?' kie asked.

'no no, we got separated in the swamp. she said she was gonna meet me here.' john b replied.

'no, we haven't seen her man.' pope said.

'ok well, i'm not leaving without her.' john b said.

'john b, look at me. i know you feel bad for leaving, but there's no time man. you've got plenty of gas, plenty of food. once you get around that point, it's a straight shot across the sound to dismal swamp, ok? once you get there, lay low, alright? hang out for a couple of weeks and then go overland, cross the border at brownsville, you got that? brownsville. hey, you got that!' jj said

'yea yea. brownsville.' john b said.

'alright, saddle her up, saltwater cowboy. let's do this.' jj said.

jj, liv, pope, and kie all put their hands on the boat, ready to push it off.

'hey hey hey.' john b said. 'i'm sorry for basically, throwing us off a cliff with this whole treasure hunt thing.' the tears slowly ran down his face.

'hey, john b, yo, we were bound to run off a cliff at some point, right?' jj asked. everyone let out a small laugh.

'yea.' john b smiled.

jj, liv, pope, and kie wrapped their arms around each other, 'at least we did it together though.' jj sniffed. 'pogue style.'

'pogue style.' john b whispered.

'get out of here, please.' kie said.

'now.' pope added.

'we'll see you in two months down in mexico.' liv smiled, despite the tears welling up in her eyes.

'love you.' jj said.

'hey, wait a second. tell sarah i said goodbye, ok?' john b asked.

'don't forget, cross the border at brownsville, ok?' jj yelled.

'got it.' john b said.

everyone went back to their places and gave the boat a push farther into the water, all of them finally letting out loud sobs after john b drove away.

———————————————————————

only one more chapter left!

don't forget to vote for the final chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.3K 692 50
❝Oh, the secret night we promised never to speak of, Lai? That night?❞ ❝Could you at least try to focus, JJ? We're looking for water, not testing the...
Hidden By Ash

Fanfiction

1.5K 2 48
Y/N and her two older brothers wanted to get as far away from their father as they could. Her brothers swore to protect her at all cost, they moved h...
466K 6.2K 47
Lᴏᴠᴇ ᴡᴀs ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴏɴ ᴇʟʟɪᴏᴛᴛs ᴍɪɴᴅ ᴛɪʟʟ sʜᴇ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴄᴏᴍꜰᴏʀᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏʟᴅᴇʀ ᴄᴀᴍᴇʀᴏɴ sɪʙʟɪɴɢ, ᴀ ʙʟᴏɴᴅᴇ ʙᴏʏ ᴡʜᴏ ᴅɪᴅ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ʙᴜᴛ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ʜᴇʀ ʜᴀᴘᴘʏ. Tʜᴇɴ ʜᴇ ᴛʜʀᴇᴡ ɪ...
152K 2.5K 94
Grace Cameron was a Pogue. Always has been. Sure her dad and half-siblings were the Kookiest a Kook could get but her mom had grown up on the Cut so...