❖ one ❖

'and that's liv, jj and i's best friend since the third grade. she's pretty tough, i gotta admit. but sometimes she's one of the nicest people you'll ever meet in obx. she always has something to say, and trust me, she'll make sure you hear her. and i've only met liv's dad once in my entire life, and i regret it entirely, but hey, that's life, right? full of regrets.'

———————————————————————

everyone watched john b as he stood on top of the roof holding a beer in his hand. olivia and jj were sitting on opposite sides of the scaffolding, watching as john b dangled one of his legs over the edge of the roof.

'that's what, a three-story fall to the deck? i give you about a one-in-three chance of survival.' olivia's eyes turned down to pope, who was standing on the deck holding a drill in his hand.

john b looked down at pope, 'should i do it?'

'yea, you should do it, i'll shoot you on the way down.' pope aimed the drill up at john b.

'you'll shoot me?' john b questioned. he made a gun with his hand and pointed it at pope. 'pow!'

everyone's eyes turned to kiara as she walked under the scaffolding. 'they're gonna have japanese toilets with towel warmers.'

jj took a sip of his beer, 'of course they are, why wouldn't they?'

'this used to be a turtle habitat' kie said. 'but who cares about the turtles, i guess'

olivia held her empty beer can up towards the sky, 'hey! i care kie.' she smiled.

'i can't have cold towels.' jj said, olivia giggled at jj's comment, he turned up to look at her and smiled.

kiara looked up at john b standing on the roof, 'can you please not kill yourself?' while kie was worried about john b's safety, jj was more worried about the safety of the beer in his hand.

'don't spill that beer, i'm not giving you another one.' as of on queue, the beer slipped out of john b's hand and hit the deck below. 'oh, shit!' he yelled.

'of course you do, idiot.' olivia smiled up at john b, who was now sad over the loss of his drink.

'a-plus' pope said.

the four teenagers turned to pope after they heard a man yell. 'hey security's here.' pope clapped his hands. 'let's wrap it up!'

'let's go boys' kiara and olivia smiled at each other after they said the words in sync.

olivia grabbed her backpack, her and jj both then climbed down the scaffolding, 'gary is that you?' jj yelled. 'gary, good to see you man!' everyone started laughing as they ran inside the house. olivia followed jj down the steps, he grabbed her hand, 'let's go livvy!' liv smiled at the nickname that jj had given her a few years ago, and for some reason, he was the only one who called her that.

jj immediately turned the other direction when gary got close to him. 'get em, they're coming your way!' gary yelled.

olivia stopped once she saw the security guard grab jj, but he wiggled out of the guards grasp. 'not much of a hugger man!' jj yelled.

pope jumped over the fence in front of olivia and hit the ground hard. 'come on pope, we gotta go!' she yelled.

'yea fatso's comin!' jj added.

liv pulled pope off the ground, she turned around and let out a laugh when she saw the security guard unable to jump the fence.

the horn of the twinkie honked. 'bus is leaving!' john b yelled.