❖ five ❖

liv walked onto the porch of the chateau with jj. they both saw the notice from dcs on the door, jj nudged liv a little bit. 'hey, watch this.' he smiled.

jj banged on the door a few times, 'dcs! i know you're in there!' he yelled. jj waited a second and jumped in front of the window, then started laughing. 'gotcha slick.' he laughed. 'you should've seen your face, your face was like ahh!' he laughed.

———————————————————————

liv sat in the back of the van, while jj sat in the passengers seat, and john b was driving.

'look, i'm just saying. i don't understand why you don't at least try with kiara. she clearly likes you. she's like oh john b.' jj said.

'is that what she does?' john b asked.

liv rested her arms on the passenger and driver seats. 'hey, for once in his life. jj's got a point. i know damn well you like her.' liv said.

'exactly.' jj added. 'she's sketchy about you diving, then she kissed you.'

'she kissed me on the cheek.' john b said. 'it's not like we were making out or anything.'

'low hanging fruit bro, don't pretend that you don't notice man. i can see it in your eyes. you're like, i kinda like that and you start blushing and shit.' jj argued.

'i blush?' john b said.

'yea. you do.' jj and liv said.

jj reach forward and grabbed the compass off of the dashboard. john b tried to reach for it, but jj pulled it away.

'i gotta admit, your fathers compass in scooters boat, that's freaky.' jj moved the compass around and looked at every inch of it.

'yea. that's why we're going to talk to ms. lana, figure this whole thing out.' john b said.

'yea. i'm sure she would just love to talk to us. it's not like her husband just drowned or anything.' jj said.

john b parked the twinkie and got out with jj and liv.

'you know what this house looks like? whoever lived here smokes too much weed.' jj said.

as they got closer to ms. lana's house, jj, liv, and john b started to walk slower as they started to hear glass breaking and men yelling.

'maybe we should come back.' jj said. 'it's a little too soon.'

'jj just shut up. no way ms. lana's doing that.' liv whispered.

they all ducked down when they heard ms. lana scream.

'shut up. come on.' john b whispered.

as they yelling and screaming got louder, john b and liv walked closer to the house, then jj pulled them down.

'the compass wasn't in the boat!' a man screamed.

jj grabbed liv's hand and squeezed it. then she looked at jj in fear.

the entire house shook, causing flakes of paint to fall into their hair.

'is that paint.' jj whispered.

'yes it's paint.' john b whispered back.

john b pushed jj back. 'shut up. shut up.' he said.

the three each looked around the corner to see two men walk out of ms. lana's house. they then climbed into a boat.

'dude. those were the guys that shot at us.' jj whispered.

'go back go back go back.' john b shuffled against the side of the house until he saw the boat drive away.