My Forgotten Crush

By abfanchal

Trisha Bhatt, a strong and independent woman, famously known as Doyenne Queen in the business market is a suc... More

My Forgotten Crush
Dreams and Coffee
Meeting Encounter
Dinner Payments
Lift and Fight
Practice Surprise
Tease and Party
Snuggled Crash
Hospital and Thunders
College
Crush
The Talk
Confession
Flight Adventure
Saving lives
Meeting the Family
Food love
Bully
Sparring
Window Seat
Accident
Cheated
Luggage
Moonlight Dinner
No Plus One
Interviews
Drunk in Love
Ugly Truths
Kidnapped
Struggle Fights
Wounded Truths

The Dance

688 37 0
By abfanchal

People were enjoying the party. I met some of my old partners with whom I worked directly.

I went to my parents. They were eating and I tasted something from their plates.

"I am so proud of you Ladoo, you didn't break the flow of your speech" my father laughed.

"Thank you, papa," I replied in complete mockery.

Now because of my speech, people were coming to me instead of going to Maya or Kriti as now they know my face.

They are approaching me now. That's why I hated these kinds of things.

No time for myself.

"It was almost 11:45, Trisha, your father needs rest, so we are leaving. Are you coming with us?" Mumma said as I came back to our table.

"Maa, are you worrying about extra charges for the driver?" I said to her as I knew that's the main reason.

"Yes, that too but he put a lot of stress while chatting with your co-workers and partners and he danced too," she said looking at Papa as if he was talking to somebody.

"Okay, but call me when you reach home" I went to Papa and maa called Priyam and I hugged them bye and they went home.

I came back and joined my friends' table "Uncle and Aunty went home, that early?" Kriti asked.

"Yep, I'll be going soon too" We watched Mann and Maya dancing along with other couples.

Saarthak was dancing with someone too; I think I have seen her somewhere.

Oh gosh, why can't I remember faces?

"What? You didn't even enjoy anything, you know dancing and all" She wiggled her eyebrows as she finished her sentence.

"Don't tell me your sole purpose of taking charge of this party was to fulfill your dream of being asked for a dance?" I asked her in disbelief.

"Well, a girl can dream! And, don't tell me watching all those movies, you never wanted a man to ask you for a dance?" she asked me, raising an eyebrow.

I took a drink from the nearby waiter.

"Sure yeah, I always wanted to have that experience, when someone locks eyes with me across the hall and approaches me for a dance. But you know what, firstly, we live in India, secondly, I always have a resting bitch face and thirdly I don't know how to dance" I said sipping my drink, which was some mocktail.

"Agreed on that, I seriously wish for a prom kind of party to happen here but on the other hand, I second guess it, because no one will even dare to ask us because we are kind of unapproachable, totally agreed" She drank something too.

"Why are you thinking like that, you are one of the most beautiful girls I have ever seen, and bonus point you don't have a resting bitch face," I said as I tried to cheer her up.

"Agreed, you do have the resting bitch face, Trish, and because of that I thought of being friends with you." she said and we both laughed.

Madhav popped out of nowhere.

"Ladies, I don't think you are unapproachable, instead, I feel you are way too strong for these shitheads. That's why they think you are too much"

"Spoken like a gentleman" I raised a toast to him.

Just then Tarun, Ranveer, and Ranveer's assistant came to sit with us.

Just like me, Akash doesn't like to attend these parties, I wish he was here, I could have finished some work.

While Tarun asked Kriti to dance, as they went.

"Real smooth buddy, real smooth," Madhav said looking at them. I looked at him, raising my eyebrows. He shrugged.

"I never thanked you properly for kicking his ass." Madhav spoke pointing towards Ranveer.

I looked at Ranveer, who was behaving oddly I guess, for some reason.

"Oh that, never mind. It's okay" I shrugged as I told the waiter to bring me another mocktail.

"No, it's not. I'll take you to lunch. How about that?" he asked.

"Food it is" I smiled at him.

"Okay, I am not wasting my smart looks and this beautiful party by sitting here. So Miss Neha would you like to have a dance with me?" she nodded and went with him.

'Wow,' I said to myself as I drank my mocktail as we sat silently and awkwardly on that table.

"So how was the interview?" Ranveer broke the silence

"It was tiring, they kept asking about you, I mean can't a person share a ride in here? Wow, didn't mean to say it out aloud" Is this seriously a mocktail? He chuckled.

"Wow, that much stress huh!"

"Stress would be a very strong word, I would say tired" I shrugged as I sipped my drink.

Ranveer excused himself for something. I finished my drink and ordered one more.

Some guy came and did small talk, oh god, please don't ask me to dance,

Please...Please leave.

He continued his conversation when Ranveer interrupted.

"I am sorry to interrupt but, Miss Bhatt, you promised me a dance, shall we?" I was confused when he winked at me.

"Yeah, wait a second. It was a total pleasure meeting you Mr.......Aggarwal" I smiled and took Ranveer's hand as he led me towards the stage.

I forgot about his name while talking to him. Ughh!!

"Thank you so much, for saving me from that guy" I whispered to him.

"But I am sorry I can't dance" as he was taking me towards the area for dance.

"Why not Miss Bhatt?" with his tone I could sense he was a little angry. Why is he angry?

"Well Mr Ranveer for starters I am in a saree, secondly in heels and I don't know how to waltz, Wait! What kind of dance are they doing?" I spoke as I observed the people dancing.

He just laughed, mood swings.

"Well, waltz would be way too tricky, it's ballroom dancing. Don't worry Trisha, you'll have a great experience, so shall we?" he asked again with all hopes in his eyes.

"Fine, but if my heels land on your shoe, then it's your fault, agreed?" he chuckled and nodded.

He took my hand and led me in the area and he turned me to stand in front of him as he took my hand slowly.

He placed it on his shoulder and with the other hand he held my other hand. With his free hand, he placed his hand on my waist.

Shit! Skin contact. Shouldn't have worn the saree.

The contact sent a shock to my whole body, the look may be seen clearly on my face. He pulled me a little closer as he held me by my waist and leaned in.

"Calm down, don't be too stiff and feel the music and follow me." I took deep breaths and focused on his head, and concentrated on the song, it was soft music, but I never heard this song.

"I am sorry" as I placed my heels on his shoes. I almost stabbed him 7times in just 5 minutes.

I think he is gonna lose his temper and leave me here. Everyone is staring at me as I make this man miserable.

"I should quit it" When I tried to back out a little.

He grabbed my waist as he stopped me and pulled me close to his chest and said in my ears.

"Miss Bhatt, look me in the eye" I was way too shocked and embarrassed at this moment to make eye contact.

"Look up Trisha!" he said softly and I looked at his beautiful face.

Wow, the eyes of this man are surely something.

"Now, deep breaths and follow my lead, and just look at me and no one" This time, the song was Aaj Jaane ki Zid Na Karo

I neither stumbled nor stabbed his feet.

I was having fun, finally.

"Thank you," I said to him and suddenly the song changed into something very slow and soft music.

We stood there staring at each other and moving slowly with the flow of music.

He stared into my eyes. I look at his lips when he suddenly licks his lower lip and bites it. As if he is trying to suppress something I look back at his eyes, it feels like the atmosphere is changing.

His hair is ruffled now just like in college times, he just looks mesmerizing. If he approached me back in college, things may have been different, I guess.

"Why didn't you ever approach me, I mean in college?" I asked him, is this what we call liquid courage?

He looked shocked, it's hard to guess.

"Well, I didn't know your name or stream," he shrugged.

"Oh god, really, this excuse. Because one of your friends did know me enough, what I like in the canteen menu the most. So don't give me bullshit about not knowing the names and things. Just say it to my face so that I can have closure" I said as I stopped dancing.

"Well yeah, that was a lame excuse but the thing was at that time, I thought you were way too bold and strong. I respected you though, and also I was focusing on R.V.," he said, explaining and I just smiled.

"Thank you, for this dance Mr Ranveer. excuse me" I went to the restroom. I looked at myself in the mirror, why that felt like a stab in the heart,

'Stop throwing yourself at him, get over him, Trisha'

I washed my hands and went straight to the bar.

"Can, you give me something strong to get me over the edge".

That girl glared at me, WOW! When did I piss her?

She gave me vodka or something because I drank that in one gulp.

"Easy tiger" This time Mann was standing beside me.

"Yeah...Yeah I know, I can't handle my liquor but you are a gentleman, aren't you? you won't tell Maya about it" as I ordered one more and instantly gulped it down.

"What he won't tell me?" Maya came beside him as she saw me.

"You drank something, didn't you? That's why you want to cover it up. Wait what happened when we went for some fresh air" I ordered one more drink.

"Oh she danced with Ranveer and it was not some dance, it was like... ugh you missed it, dude, you should have seen her," Kriti said as she came with Tarun.

She made a face which gave Maya the idea.

"Yeah, they were amazing, well I have seen him dancing but this time. It was like we could feel the change of atmosphere," Tarun said gesturing like he was feeling way too hot.

"Seriously!" I said to Kriti and Tarun.

"Yeah seriously, I have only been gone for 10 minutes. And you are saying I missed all the fun," Maya said to Kriti, getting all excited.

"Don't you worry someone has made a video, you might see it online" she winked at her.

"You know what, I am going home" I finished the drink and went out.

They called my name several times but I showed them the finger and went outside.

I sat on the stairs, shit how much did I drink?

"Ma'am, your cab is here!" some guy said to me.

"Weird, I don't remember booking one, sure I had a lot of drinks" I stood up.

"Wait" I took my heels off.

"Let's go, and where is the cab?"

"There it is" I stood up and started moving when he called.

"Trisha, where are you going?" Without turning I replied.

"I am going home Ranveer, see strong enough to go home alone" as I open the cab's door.

Before getting in I opened my purse for the phone as I have to share the OTP, just to confirm it was my cab.

Ranveer closed the door and looked at me.

"You are drunk and I am taking you home" and took the purse from my hand.

"No need, I can take myself home. Mr Cabbie, let's go" I tried to open the cab's door but Ranveer didn't let me open it.

"Trisha, I am taking you home" he growled.

I was shocked and surprised at his sudden outburst.

"How dare you shout at me, do you know who I am? I can kick your ass this instant but I am wearing a saree right now" I shouted at him as I cried in frustration.

"I am sorry but will you go with me please?" he said.

I can't stand anymore, my legs are in pain. I sat down and I cried a little more.

"Seriously, I didn't mean to be rude, please get up," he said as he sat in front of me.

"I can't, my legs are in pain" I pouted.

He chuckled a little and stood up as he picked me up from the road and took me in his embrace. I tried to protest but I don't know why I feel at ease as I snuggle more as the smell makes me relax.

Someone is calling me.

"Trisha... Trisha... change your clothes before you go to bed" I nodded and started unwrapping my saree.

"Wait... wait... you're testing me, aren't you?" someone said, the voice felt familiar.

I felt nauseated, I stood up, and with my eyes closed I tried to go to the bathroom but crashed into the wall.

The wall patted my head and held me steady as it gave me a dustbin to puke.

"Thank you... wall" with closed eyes. I tried to touch the wall, wow muscles.

"You are very mus....muscley... wall like that my neigh...neighbourrrrr, do you know, he was my curse, No what it iz...my... my crush... My crush in my college." I poured my heart to the wall as I continued.

"I thought he was different from others, I thought he was strong too but he is just like everyone else. Wait!...Shhhh... don't tell anyone because somehow he knows everything" I am very sleepy, I yawn.

"Good night, Mr wall" I smiled and kissed Mr. Wall good night and held him tight.

"Good night, beautiful," Wall replied.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

859K 31.1K 111
"Listen Dev. I..I am sorry. Please let me explain" I pleaded while taking my steps back. "Sorry? Really? Ms Aasha Sharma" he asked with a smirk. Now...
25.3K 2.2K 12
"You can't heal a heart that is dead." Advira says with a blank face. "Love can heal everything, a dead heart too." Dylan lets out with determination...
242K 18.4K 55
Archana have everything that a girl could wish for, studying in one of the top universities of India, she have everything a human ever need, loving p...
6K 658 30
"I thought you hated hugs" , I voiced out as he wrapped his arms ever so gently around me. "I still do, but hugs from you are an exception", he pull...