Ashes

By Nickey0398

•~BOOK THREE•~ Sequel to Bastard Child and Phoenix Mackinzy McCall and her friends thought life couldn't get... More

Ashes
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Voting for Book Four

Chapter Eight

857 14 1
By Nickey0398

Chapter Eight

Mac's POV

"I hate tests." I groaned as I stood in line to take the PSAT's. Scott, Stiles, Issac, Kira, Malia, and I all stood in the hallway of Beacon Hills, waiting for our turn to check-in.

"Where's Lydia?" Kira asked.

"She took it her freshman year," Stiles informed us. Stupid genius, not having to take this stupid test.

"Does that mean I could have taken it some other time?" Maila asked and I felt that in my soul. 

"Malia, you studied harder for this than any of us." Scott reminded her.

"Doesn't mean I'm gonna do good." She said, nervously.

"Well." Stiles corrected.

" Well, what?" She asked him. 

"It's 'do well', not good," Stiles explained.

"Oh, God!" She exclaimed.

"You're doing this because while we're trying not to die, we still need to live. If I survive high school, I'd like to go to college. A good college." Scott encouraged.

"It's only three hours. We can survive for three hours." Kira said with a smile.

"Yeah, If I don't die of boredom first," Isaac said, putting his head against the locker.

When we filed into the room, we stamped our thumbs, picked up a test booklet, pencils, and turned in our phones. The room was filled to the brim, with Ms. Martin and some other guy as our proctors.

"Please do not open the test booklet until you are instructed to do so. This test is two hours and 10 minutes. There will be two 25-minute critical reading sections, two 25-minute math sections, and an essay writing portion that will last 30 minutes." The guy informed us. "There are supposed to be two teachers monitoring this exam." He said to Ms. Martin.

"I know. It's Coach. He's not exactly punctual. Um, let me just try him again." She said and walked out of the room. She came back in a few minutes later "I can't find him, but Mr. Yukimura is upstairs grading papers. Do you want me to try him?"

"We have to start. We can ask for his assistance during the first break." He informed her and turned to look at us. "You may now open your test booklets and begin."

When I opened the booklet, I started reading the questions. I skipped over the ones I didn't know and made a mark on my answer sheet to go back. I was good with English, so this first reading section wasn't so bad. It had only been a few minutes when there was a thump from the back of the room. I turned to see a student, Sydney, on the ground.

"Sydney!" Ms. Martin gasped and rushed over to the girl. "Are you all right?"

"I'm okay. I just got kind of dizzy." Sydney said. Ms. Martin looked at her arm with curiosity.

"Sydney, how long have you had this?"

"I don't know," Sydney said.

"Ms. Martin, do I need to stop the test?" The proctor asked.

"No, um, it's fine. Everybody stay in your seats. I'll, um, be back in a minute." She said, grabbing her phone to leave. She turned and looked at the guy. "Nobody leaves the room."

We all went back to our test when we heard Ms. Martin yelling from the hallway. "Get back! No! Do not come in here! Get back outside!" The whole class rushed to the hallway to see what was going on. "Back to your seats."

What the hell is going on? Scott, Isaac, and Malia had frowned on their faces, looking toward the door to the hallway.

"What's going on?" I asked Isaac who was sitting next to me.

"She's calling for the C.D.C." He whispered back.

"Wait, what," I asked confused. The C.D.C? "Like The Center for Disease Control, C.D.C?"

"Yeah." He whispered back. Okay, seriously. What the hell is going on?

With the test stopped, we all waited, walking amongst ourselves. It wasn't even 10 minutes later when people in big yellow space-like suits started walking the halls. They started setting up the school, quarantining us in. It looked like a sci-fi movie.

"Bet they're thinking smallpox," Stiles said. Scott left the room with Sydney and Ms. Martin. The rest of our little pack were grouped by the front of the room.

"Not likely. Smallpox was eradicated worldwide in 1979. We've only managed to completely eradicate two viruses in history. The other was rinderpest. It killed cows." The proctor, whose name I learned to be Mr. Simon said.

"So we should be comforted by that, right?" Stiles asked.  

"Unless it's something worse." He said. Okay, he's creepy.  

"Whatever it is, they're taking it pretty seriously. They're a lot of cars and trucks out there." Malia said.

"Your dad's with them," Isaac said.

"Hey, I should probably call him." Stiles went over to grab his phone from his assigned phone envelope.

"Don't bother. They would have shut off any access to all outside communication by now. No cell service, no WiFi. No-one starting a panic. Looks like we're all just going to have to wait here and see what happens." Mr. Simon said. Stiles walked back over to us.

"Anybody else getting a creepy vibe from him?" I whispered because he was obviously listening to our conversation.

"Here, here sister," Isaac whispered back.

"Stiles, Isaac come with me please." Kira's dad walked into the room. The boys gave us a worried look but followed him out.

"What do you think that was about?" I asked Kira who shrugged.

"Who knows."

Soon after, the rest of us in the class were led out of the room to have our blood drawn for testing to see if we were infected. I started feeling a little warm but I shook it off.

"Do you ever get the feeling that Scott and Stiles aren't telling you everything?" Maila asked I locked eyes with Kira briefly.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Like they hide stuff." She said. Does she know they are hiding the truth about her birth father?

"I think if they did, they'd probably have a pretty good reason," Kira said nervously.

"Do you know what they're hiding in the bag under Scott's bed?" Malia asked.

"What? No, I've never been under Scott's bed. Or in it. Just on it... Wearing clothes." Kira rambled, turning red.

"Kira Yukimura." The C.D.C doctor called. It was Kira's turn to give blood. Malia turned and looked at me.

"Do you know?" She asked.

"No clue, though I've been wondering about that too," I responded. I wanted to ask but never get the chance. We stopped talking and watched as the doctor poked Kira with the needle. Electricity shot from Kira. The doctor dropped the needle and backed away. The doctor rushed to the door.

"Kira," I said, trying to snap her out of her shocked state. 

"Kira!" Maila called and pulled her away. I followed closely behind. We made our way to the boy's locker room where the boys were with Mr. Yukimura.

About 20 minutes later, Malia, Isaac, and I lost control of our abilities. Malia's claws were stuck out in the open, Isaac's fangs were showing, and my eyes were bright orange.

"It's still happening." Kira's dad told Scott who was trying to turn his Alpha eyes off with no success.

"I can't make them go back," Maila said, showing us her claws.

"Me either," Isaac said, pushing on his werewolf fangs.

"Obviously the virus is affecting the four of you in a way it won't hit any human being." Mr. Yukimura stated.

"You guys have to stay out of sight. We have to quarantine you from the quarantine." Stiles said.

"Yeah, but where? I mean, what if they get violent? Like on a full moon." Kira asked.

"We shouldn't stay in here. Not in the locker room." Scott said.

"A classroom is not going to hold us." Malia pointed out.

"What about the basement?" Kira asked.

"Too many ways out," Isaac said, wiping sweat from his face.

"We need something secure. Somewhere nobody can find us." Scott said.

"The vault," Stiles said suddenly.

"The Hale vault. The Hales always have an escape route. Like their house. There has to be another way in." Scott said.

"What about me? If I lose control, I could set you all on fire." I reminded.

"We'll deal with that if we get to that," Stiles said. We went into Coach's office and looked at a blueprint of the school.

"This is where the school sign is, so the vault's got to be right about here." Stiles pointed to it.

"I suppose if there's a second entrance, it would probably be accessible from the basement." Mr. Yukimura said.

"It's probably somewhere in this hallway. West corridor." Stiles then lost his balance, getting dizzy. He flipped his arm around and we saw the bubbling skin on him.

"It's happening to you too. You're getting sick. You all are." Mr. Yukimura said, looking at all of us.

"I don't feel sick," Kira stated.

"I think it's affecting you differently, neurologically. I found your test answers here in a pile with the others." Her father responded and set her answer sheet on the desk. All of the answers were bubbled outside of where she should've answered.

"To the Hale vault, we go," I said with a sigh.

————————

This is one of my favorite episodes from this season.

Let me know what you think?

1579 words

#BlackLivesMatter

Remember Like, Comment, Share, ETC.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.7K 269 14
Almost everything is how it was in the series. Only this time, Clary has an older sister and she gets together with Jace. Disclamer: I own only Alys...
58.2K 1.7K 32
With the city in jeopardy, a family reunion is last on Oliver Queen's list, But when Aurora shows up after a tragic accident of her own, the Queen's...
43.9K 898 20
Jane just wants to follow in her father's footsteps. Her first art show is at the same location as a Supernatural convention. Completely clueless, Ja...
4K 56 25
Sofia Petrova, twin of the one and only Katerina. Brave, beautiful and strong. She wasn't supposed to have been born. There was only supposed to be o...