Married to The Job

By itsandreasachs

#WATTYS2020 Working for years in the Blue House as a staff in the crisis management department, Son Yejin kne... More

Prologue : The Wed Job
Amethyst
State Banquet
Illusion of Truth
Bewildered
Testing the Waters
Lago di Como
Bath Bombs
Safety Net
Vulnerable
The Revelers
Gentlemen's Enigma
Long Awaited (7th)
Bliss
Family Tree
On Edge
When The Chips Are Down
Ace in The Hole
Bon Voyage!
Face-Down Blackjack
Granada and The Council
Perfect Storm
Star Crossed
The Elevation Between Us
No Rush, Slow Touch
Indecisive
The Shopwoman
Gallivanting
Sweet Nothing
Recipe for Disaster
Without a Backward Glance
Epilogue : The Next Job
Wattys2020

Kissing The Bride

4.3K 258 220
By itsandreasachs

Hyun Bin POV

"Mr. Hyun, your wedding vow, " Mr. Park handed me a card, written on it was arranged beautiful words for my wedding vows.

Surely he had no idea that I started to like my bride more than I should. At some point I was not sure, was it love or was it my competitive side. Since I knew that Choi Youngjae wants Son Yejin as more than a friend, I felt the urge to have her, all of her, just for myself.

In these 28 years of my life, not once I became exclusive for just one girl. I didn't like being attached to one, no strings attached. I also didn't mind if my previous date was dating another person the next day.

This time was different. Those four words I thought would never be said. I don't want to share when it comes to her, Son Yejin my bride. I didn't know what was different, or at least how to name it. Attracted? Yes. Love? Maybe too soon. Lust? Don't ask that's definitely.

"Mr. Park, thank you. Does she get a prepared vow as well?"

"Yes, she wrote it by herself. This is written by me, just for reference, Sir. In case you haven't think of one. Your vows will be quoted by the media. I'll see you on the aisle, Mr. Hyun."

I stood next to the priest at the end of the aisle, waiting for the bride. Dad and Mom looked very happy, as they were sitting on the first row. VIP guests from all over the world attended the matrimony that will be followed by an estate dinner.

Dad stood up and patted my shoulder.
"Nervous, son?"

"Yeah, this is my first time, Dad."

"No need to nervous, you know what's the purpose of this wedding. You'll divorce her once I elected."

"Dad. This is just me asking...what if... I refuse to divorce her? Maybe I will love for her for real in the process?"

"How about the prenup?"

"I haven't signed it yet, Dad."

"What? Why?"

"I feel like the prenup was too unfair for her. What if she gets pregnant in the process? I mean like we're adults, Dad, maybe at some point we'll reach that level and she gets pregnant, the baby will be your grandchild. Are you going to throw them away?"

"If that's your child."

"Dad?"

"She was being assigned to be your wife to keep your good image, she was not obliged to sleep with you, let alone to bear your child. Keep your distance, no intimate intercourse. If you can't hold it get another woman. Or just use protection. She can't get pregnant. That prenup was not made for nothing."

"What's this? A few days ago Mom was mad because she refused to sleep with me and now you suggest me to sleep with another woman? Honestly, this is so weird, Dad. Do you have a different plan against Mom's?"

"You misunderstood your Mom. We want you to have a good image as a married man, have a wife with clean records and we expect her to be able to help you keep your image during my campaign. You have a long list of scandals and in the campaign time, your ex-girlfriends will likely be used by my opponent to attack me. I have calculated that. Some of them may come up and make a false statement for carrying your child, and I'm sure Miss Son knows well how to face it in the first place. You and your little hobbies aren't helping me. Once I was elected, she's done. You'll divorce her. It's simple."

"Then what about me? About her? I have a heart too, Dad."

"You like her?"

"I'm starting to think that it's more than that."

"Whatever it is, just don't get her pregnant, or you better sign that prenup right after this."

"Would it be better for you if I knock up a random girl instead of my own wife? Something doesn't make sense here. What are you hiding, Dad?"

"We always solve your random girl with money, after all, no one was really carrying your child. We will talk again later. Miss Son is entering the church."

"Fake or real, she will be my wife, Dad. Even this wedding actually feels like to maintain your image, not mine. It's always you. Seriously Dad, do you think that the world moves around you?"

"This conversation is over. Head up high, my son. The whole nation is around you now."

Yejin held her father's arm and a flower bouquet, as they were walking down the aisle. She wore a simple white gown and a white lace veil was covering her face. I couldn't see her face clearly but I saw a smile was performed underneath it.

Mr. Son opened the veil and got a kiss on his cheek before giving her away. I couldn't help to stare at her.

She really was, very very beautiful. She avoided my gaze but her red lips let out a small smile. We stood side by side and the priest led the matrimony.

The wedding felt so real, like it wasn't an arranged one, for me. I didn't know about her though. I didn't know what was it but excited.

When it was time for me to speak my vow, I held her hand and stared at her eyes. Then I forgot Mr. Park's written vow that I had memorized before. I lost in her beauty and spoke what's inside my mind as my vow.

"If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together
There is something you must always remember.
You are braver than you believe, strong than you seem and smarter than you think.
But the most important thing is, even if we're apart
I'll always be with you."

My heart felt a pang of pain knowing that this marriage would likely end before I even start it. I secretly hoped that in the process, I will be sure that I wasn't only attracted to her but love her as well, and she would return my love.

She exhaled, closed her eyes for a few seconds, and opened them back, but this time, those were brimming eyes.

"I fell in love with his courage, his sincerity, and his flaming self-respect and it's these things I'd believe in even if the whole world indulged in wild suspicions that he wasn't all that he should be.
But of course, the real reason is that I love him and that's the beginning and end of everything-"

She paused for a moment, choked up, her voice was soft like she was speaking with her heart, though I didn't know for sure.

"I really hope that there is no tomorrow when we're not together."

I instantly felt emotional in her last words. The latest conversation with my Dad has replayed in my head.

"Once I was elected, she's done. You'll divorce her. It's simple."

Soon as I slid the wedding ring on her finger and she slid mine, I kissed her lips without waiting the Priest's most awaited sentence you-may-kiss-the-bride. Sorry Priest, I couldn't wait for anymore.

I thought that she would be stiffed. I felt a salty sensation on my lips. Slowly I opened my eyes and pulled away. I saw her slowly opened her eyes that were filled with tears.

She quickly dabbed them with her hand sock as the guests were cheering us. I pulled her close and kissed her forehead before I took her hand and led her out of the church. This time, as my wife.

The estate dinner reception was following after. She was smiling all the time to everyone, but strangely, she avoided my gaze. She quickly looked downward whenever our eyes met. But she didn't let go of my hand like she was afraid of something, or someone.

Something wasn't right here.

Wedding night. Our bedroom was decorated with flowers. She already spent a few nights here with me but that night, it felt different. She was my wife.

I closed the door behind me and started to take off my watch, suite, cufflinks, and tie. She went to the wardrobe room.

Minutes too long, I decided to step closer and before I could take a peek, I asked her from where I stood.

"Are you okay?"

"I am. Just having a hard time here."

"Do you need help?"

"Not now. I'm trying to do it myself."

Five minutes passed, I heard her sighed then calling me in.
"Mr. Hyun, I think I need some help here if you don't mind."

"Actually, I do mind, Mrs. Hyun."

"Mr. Hyun, is something wrong, Sir?"

"Stop calling me by my surname or Sir."

"Then how do you want me to address you?"

"Babe, but Bin is fine, we can start from there."

Long pause before she answered back, "Would you help me here please, love?"

I grinned at her words and stepped in. She was standing in front of the mirror, struggling to unzip her dress. I moved behind her and slowly pulled down the zipper through her back down to just above her ass. I glanced at her face from the mirror, as I saw her hand was across her chest, holding the dress up to cover her breast.

"Thank you," she whispered.

"How do you want me to call you?"

"Yejin is fine, whatever that you think fits me."

"How about baby? I love to call you baby."

She nodded.

"So baby, why are you crying during the matrimony?" I still stood behind her and pulled off her hairpin. Waves of her brunette hair were flowing down, covering her bareback.

"I was carried away. I was just emotional. It was beautiful matrimony and your vows...weren't what was written by Mr. Park."

"It's spontaneous. You're so pretty, and I was kinda lost of words." I said softly, while I was holding her shoulders together and turned her body to face mine.

She held her gown tighter.

"You were also crying when I kiss you." I caressed her hair that framed her face, "were you upset, my wife?"

"That such a beautiful wedding already has a planned ending. I thought I can handle it but to walk through it...I am not sure if I can. I would be very sad then."

I held her chin, tilted my head, and leaned closer to her lips.

"I know that this is unnecessary, there is no one to be shown off here, this is for me, Yejin, may I kiss you?"

She nodded and closed her eyes. I brushed my nose to hers and slowly captured her lips with mine. I pulled her closer and circled my arms around her.

When I finally pulled off, she looked at my eyes with a softened look. She still held her gown in front of her chest tightly. That kiss was real and willingly. No spectator, just us.

"I'll leave you to change."

"Thank you." She whispered.

I went to the study and turned on my screen to look for some stocks update. I was just starting when I heard the door was opened behind me.

Yejin was on the door frame, wrapped in a lacy silk robe. Her hair was flown down, so beautiful, so mesmerizing.

"Come to bed, love, it's our wedding night."

My eyes were widened of her look and hearing her words. I quickly turned off the screen as I was turned on with her words.

We entered the bedroom and I quickly changed into my pajamas. She sat on the bed and has put the blanket over her body.

I approached the bed and took the empty side. Her eyes were widened of my presence beside her.

"What?" I asked.

"I thought you're taking the couch, Bin."

"Can't I sleep here start from tonight? I'm your husband."

"Mmmm just sleep?"

"Oh, you want more? Just say it."

"Bin, you know I can't."

"Of course you can! Then why did you come to the study?"

"Wouldn't it be another gossip if you spend your night in the study during the wedding night?"

"Ah. I get the point. Okay."

"What's wrong? You look...uneasy."

"Of course I am, uneasy."

"Oh! Are you..."

"Don't ask, you wife, we have to wake up early tomorrow."

She chuckled. "Come here, husband!" She opened her arms and smile lovingly.

I scooted closer and she embraced me in her arms.

"Be patient with me, Bin."

"I will. For you to call me Bin, not Mr. Hyun or Sir even when no one's around is something. Maybe if I were a good boy then tomorrow in Como you won't just call me Bin in our hotel room but moan my name as well?" I raised my eyebrow.

She pushed and hit my arms playfully.

"You think you know me only from the NIS files and what your department knows but wait up, woman, until you know me better."

"Oh really? What are you?"

"A very persistence man."

"Show me, Hyun Bin. Show me that you're not just lusting after me. I'll give you more than just moaning your name in bed."

"And will you resign then? Or will I still be your assignment?"

"I'm not sure about that. Your parents are no ordinary bosses. Even though, between them, there are some points that still against each other. But both repeatedly emphasized the divorce part, to divorce soon after the inaugural ceremony, and don't forget about the consequences that have written in the prenup. It would be really hard for me if we divorce and I carry your child."

"I have my ways to make my own deal with my parents, babe. I'll tell them that Miss Son wants this assignment forever. They can disown their grandchild, but I will gladly tell the world. I don't know what happened to me, Yejin. But I don't want to lose you ever."

"Just...let's take one step at a time, okay, husband? Don't tease me anymore!"

I leaned closer to kiss her lips and this time, she ran her fingers through my hair. This was my first time being with a woman who's very persistent in not directly giving up herself to me. She didn't reject my kisses though.

I whispered between my kisses. "Yejin, babe, I like teasing you because I love seeing how much you want me."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82.3K 4.6K 21
Too glam to give a damn, city girl Son Yejin decides to stay single while her best friends are married but constantly whining about their jealous hus...
38.2K 1.9K 14
Sponsored by a new mayor candidate, Hyun Bin with his influencing blog in was in movement to stop the reopening of a gold mine while the incumbent ma...
27.2K 2K 50
Its been 10 years since Ye Jin's mom remarried to a nice man with a son. Unfortunately never once Hyun Bin, her step brother wanted to meet Ye Jin an...
61.3K 2.8K 17
What if he is her only chance? Her only chance to be free from her father and her brother. Also, a chance for her to pursue her dreams. Being as bril...