Falling for Him

By flowergirl2o2

"Did you love her?" I looked down not wanting to see the expression in his eyes. His warm hand gripped my ch... More

Welcome to my cliche world!
~Preperations and Betrayals~
~Wedding and First looks~
~New home and first nights~
~Morning and Family breakfasts~
~Misconceptions and Apologies~
~Regrets and Guilt~
WE ARE EQUAL
~Silent Treatments and Care~
~Small talks and Jet lag~
~Lost and Found~
~Anger and Understandings~
~Unexpected Moments and Fancy restaurants~
~Racing hearts and Flashbacks~
~Job hunt and Intense moments~
~Jealousy and First Kiss~
~Kisses and Friends~
~Cast~
~Teasings and Marks~
~Talks and Business trips~
~Outings and Rumours~
~Emotions and Reunions~
..21..
..22..
..23..
..24..
..25..
..26..
..27..
..28..
..29..
..30..
..31..
..32..
..33..
..34..
..35..
..36..
..37..
..38..
..Epilogue..
..THANK YOU SO MUCH..
..Bonus Chapter 1..
..Bonus Chapter 2..
..Note..
..Bonus Chapter 3..

~Trust and Flashbacks~

8.9K 499 22
By flowergirl2o2

.....
Hey ya all!
Double update alert! So I'll probably be doing a double alert today, hopefully. Also we have almost 1k reads and I'm pretty excited.

But anyways, also a huge thanks to Afroja1810 and ArtisticZenith for supporting my book, I appreciate it alot:)

Be sure to vote and comment if you're enjoying this story. And now let's move on to the chapter.
.....

Inaya's POV:
"Why do you look like you've seen a ghost?" Afet called out as she placed a tray filled with food in front of me. I no longer felt hungry, and my hands were itching to call Zayaan. I silently showed the article to Afet, who stared at it with wide eyes. "Did he -"

Before she could continue further, I stopped her. "No, I trust him. I know there would be an explanation behind this." I pointed towards the article, and she nodded.

"Yeah, you're right." She nodded, and I gave her a small smile.

"You can ask him about it later, but come on, right now, the food is getting cold."

I started eating slowly with my thoughts stuck on the picture. I shook my head as I tried to focus, but it was useless. Once we were done with the food, i stood up. "Don't you want to roam around?"

I shook my head. "No, I think I want to go back." I pleaded, and she nodded in understanding.

"Don't worry, everything will be alright."

"Thanks, Afet. I don't know what I would have done without you." I smiled warmly at her. "Probably bawled your eyes out." She smirked, and I chuckled.

"Let's go."

Half an hour later, I was back, and I immediately collapsed onto the bed. It was only 8 pm, so i knew Zayaan would still be busy. After changing, I made my way to the lounge and dialled Dania's number. It had been so long since we had talked and I was missing her lately.

"I was just about to call you." Dania's frantic voice reached my ears, and I chuckled. "Assalamualikum to you too."

I heard her laughing before she greeted me, and I replied with a Walaikum salam. "So tell me, what was so important that you finally thought of calling me?" I teased, and I felt her taking a deep breath. "I read the article." She muttered, and I felt myself freezing. Surely, she wasn't talking about THAT article.

"Which article?" I asked just to make sure.

"The one regarding Zayaan bhai."

I took a sharp breath as I massaged my head. "I- it's just an article, Dania. You know how rumours are. We can't just keep on believing in everything."

I could feel her nodding on the other side. "You're right. Did you talk to him?" She asked, and I shook my head, then remembered she couldn't see me. "No, he's usually busy at this time. I'll talk to him at night."

"Anyways, I have some good news." I could feel her excitement through the phone, and so I knew it was something big. I straightened up as I listened eagerly.

"I'm getting married."

"WHAT?" I screamed out, and I could hear her laughing. "What, when, how?" I fired each question at her. "I knew you would ask that." She chuckled, and a huge smile broke out on my face.

"I need all the details."

"Ok, so you know how my parents were looking for suitors? It turns out that one of the proposals turned out to be of Ahad from our university."

"Wait, isn't he the same Ahad you had a crush on?" I squealed out, and I could feel her smiling.

"Yup, I met up with him, and he confessed that he had feelings for me too. My parents did a bit of background check on him and it turns out his family runs his own business of phones, and they're pretty well off."

"Oh my god, I'm so happy for you!" I shrieked out.

"Did they decide on a date yet?" I prodded further. "Yeah, the wedding date is settled for a month later." She confessed, and I gaped at the phone.

"And you're telling me NOW? There's so much I want to do at your wedding." I whined.

"Girl, you better catch the first flight home." She spoke out, and I chuckled. "Well, now I have to." I rolled my eyes.

We talked for an hour when a yawn broke out through me, and I realized how tired I was. I also had to go to work tomorrow so I needed my beauty sleep.

We finally said our goodbyes, and I trudged back to the loneliness of our room. I sighed as I sat down on Zayaan's side. Every night before sleeping, I always made sure to lock the door of our room, afraid that someone might break in.

In Pakistan, whenever my father would leave I always had my mother and sister so I never really felt lonely but here I realized, all I had was him and now that he was gone, I was truly alone. Tears clouded my eyes as I looked around the big room. My phone buzzed on the side table, and I wiped away my tears before answering it.

"Assalamualikum." I greeted softly.

"Walaikum Salam." Zayaan's deep voice replied, and my heart ached even more. I could hear noise in the background, but I ignored it. "How are you?" He asked, and I sighed. "I'm fine." I breathed out, not able to control my emotions. I was itching to ask him about the article.

"Inaya." He called out.

"Yes?"

"Are you ok?" His soothing spoke through the phone.

"I read the article." I stated and heard him taking a sharp breath. "And?" He finally asked a few seconds later. "I didn't believe it." I muttered.

We stayed silent for a few moments just hearing each others breathing.

"Zayaan?" He hummed in response. "I trust you." I don't know why I felt the need to say that, but I did. There was silence on his side, and I wasn't sure of exactly what he was feeling. Suddenly, a feminine voice called out on the other side. "Inaya, I need to go." He spoke urgently. "Wait -"

But before i could say anything further, he cut the call. Too frozen to do anything, I didn't realize I was still holding the phone against my ear. Different questions swarmed my mind. Who was that girl? Why did Zayaan sound so stressed? Pushing the questions to the back of my mind, I walked to the balcony as I stared at the sky full of stars.

A small smile formed on my face as I gazed at the dark sky. There was something about the sky that I always found fascinating.

Flashback:
I stared at the sky in fascination as wind ruffled through my hair. I felt a shawl getting draped around my shoulders as I felt Zayaan standing beside me. I gave him a grateful smile and then turned back towards the sky.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" I muttered. "It is." I frowned as I turned towards him only to find him staring at me. A blush took over my cheeks as I realized that he wasn't talking about the sky. "You really know a way to a girl's heart, don't you?" I teased him, and he chuckled.

"I don't know about other girls, but I sure do know about my wife, and she's not that easy to please." He joked, and I lightly smacked his arm. "I'm not that hard to please." I rolled my eyes, and I felt him placing an arm around my shoulders as he pulled me in and placed his chin on my head. I snuggled into his warmth, enjoying it.

"You're cute when you're angry."

"And you're crazy."

"Only for you." His voice was way more serious, and I looked up only to find his dark gaze staring at me, making me nervous. Breaking my gaze away, I decided to change the subject. "Zayaan?" He hummed in response. "Have you ever been in love before?" I felt him stiffening beside me as he took a sharp breath.

I stared at him curiously as he stared in distance. "We should go inside. it's getting cold." He smiled, completely ignoring the question. I sighed as I nodded, following him inside.

My heart warmed up at the memory. He never really answered my question. Did that mean he had been in love before? It wasn't like I would have said something, but It was something I had been curious about. I shrugged as I retired to my bed, letting sleep consume me.
.....
Thoughts? Also for those of you confused, dont worry I'll be clearing everything in the upcoming chapters:) also I might also write a POV from a third persons view to make everything even clearer but for now let's see what happens next:)

Hope ya all enjoyed this chapter:)

Until then
Peace<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

169K 5.7K 24
"I love her. I know my Priya will come back to me. My Piya-" "She is married" Irfan's words felt like a stab in my heart. As he stated the fact, it f...
4.8K 82 8
"I don't care. I don't care if you wear a scarf over your head. Or if you prefer to wear long sleeves and pray five times a day", he inches closer. "...
14.6K 1K 18
This is not the usual love story where the girl or guy fall for the other at first sight nor a marriage with love. will it be like an arranged marria...
831K 36K 52
{Book One: Abdallah series} "I'm sorry jawad" I stammered feeling his warm breath fanning my face, and his dark eyes boring into mine, with hate evid...