Shelved Love

By earc_iiso

This is the story of a young lady who didn't believe in love, until she feels it. This is the story of a youn... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Twelve

1.2K 82 28
By earc_iiso

It was the first Saturday since Bin and Ye Jin were "officially" dating.

They had spent some time together, but work limited that time, so they were both looking forward to the weekend since it meant they could do something together.

Ye Jin had done her school work during the whole morning and part of the afternoon so she can visit Bin at Author Attic that night.

She was opening the bookstore's door when she heard some voices in the middle of an argument.

Bin and that beautiful woman, Young-min, were so deep into their words exchange that none of them noticed her arriving.

"Please, stay away from her", Bin told Young-min.

"Why, Bin? Why can I be her friend? She needs a mother figure in her life. I'm just trying to help, why can you see that?", she replied.

To Ye Jin that seemed to be a personal conversation. She didn't want to be a busybody, she should turn around and let them solve their problem but an invisible force seemed to hold her there.

"She doesn't need any...", he stopped his words and ran his hands over his face in frustration. "Young-min, I appreciate your attempts to help us, if you're doing it for the right reason", he was calmer, "but you really don't have to. Hee-young and I are ok".

"What does 'the right reason' supposed to mean, Bin? You perfectly know why I'm doing this".

He closed his eyes and let out a frustration sigh.

"You have to stop, Young-min".

"I made a mistake, Bin, I know that, but how many times do I need to tell you that I'm sorry for you to forgive me?", her voice was getting louder.

Bin placed his hands on her shoulders.

"That's what I'm trying to tell you. You don't have to say you're sorry anymore, you don't have to do anything. We are ok, we even can be friends, but nothing is going to happen between us anymore".

"But why not? We can go back in time", her voice was weaker this time.

"No, we can't", Bin slowly shook his head.

Ye Jin stepped back and she was about to turned around, but her moves caught Bin's attention and their eyes met.

His eyes widened and her cheeks blushed in embarrassment.

"I'll come back later", she said pointing at the door with her thumb.

"Ye-jin, wait", Bin said trying to stopped her. He was concerned that she had misunderstood the situation.

"It's ok, Bin", Ye -jin assured him with a tiny smile. "I bet you have a lot to talk about", she turned her gaze to Young-min, who was looking at her with disdain once again.

"Yes, we have", the woman said with fury.

"No, we don't. We have already finished our conversation", Bin said to Young-min, who widened her eyes in realization of something happening between Bin and the newly arrived.

"Is it because of her?", her mouth opened in disbelief. "She's just a kid, Bin. She will never understand what you and Hee-young need".

Ye-jin was muted as she was feeling uncomfortable now that the conversation was about her, especially since she didn't know exactly what Bin was expecting from their relationship.

"You mean, as you did in the past?", Bin asked her slowly.

The expression on Young-min changed as she realized that had choose the wrong excuse for Bin to end his relationship with Ye-jin. She turned to the door with a snort and walked straight to it, hitting Ye-jin's arm in her path.

Ye Jin was still looking at the door, confused by what had just happened, when she felt a warm hand gently caressing her aching arm.

"Are you ok?", Bin asked her.

She nodded.

"I'm sorry about that".

"Don't worry. I'm as strong as a rock", she said smiling at him, trying to lighten the mood.

But he didn't smile back, he was just looking at her in silence.

"So, I have something for you", she told him after a while.

He finally realized that she was holding a little box in her other arm.

"It's not a big thing, but since you are a potterhead...", she shrugged his shoulders. "C'mon. Open it".

Bin found a captivating booknook inspired by the Diagon Alley inside the box.

"Do you like it?", she asked.

"I love it. It's beautiful".

He finally smiled.

"Did you have dinner already?"

She adorably wrinkled her nose and shook her head.

"You know, it is depressing to cook a whole dinner for one every night".

"Lucky us. We are three".

And they left Author Attic to cook a whole dinner for three at his house.

Surprisingly for Bin and Ye-jin, Hee-young had took the news about their relationship with jubilation. The ten years old had no problem with letting them know that she was happy for the both of them.

As far back as she could remember, Bin had never introduce a girlfriend to her. It was sad to know that she was the reason why many woman didn't want to establish a serious relationship with her older brother. Having to deal with child who wasn't their own, was not something young women wanted to do.

He had tried to go on dates, but every single time happened the same, the relationships were over before they started. Eventually, he had stopped trying.

He had given up many things because of her: his dream job, a family of his own and his freedom. He was spending his best years trapped on an island to take care of his little sister.

Even so, Bin had never made her feel like a burden. He had always made her feel so loved.

He always cooked with her, played with her, tickled her and read for her every night. That was the reason his love for books had spread to her.

Their life together was a constant trial and error, but Bin was always trying his best to raise her well. He was the only parent she had ever know.

That was why it was a relief to her that he had finally met someone who was ok with him having such responsibilities. No doubt, Miss Son was a truly sunshine for both of them.

"Do you know what would be so cool?", Hee-young asked in the middle of the dinner

"What?", Bin said.

"To build our own drive-in theatre at home!", the girl said with excitement.

The night before, the three of them had watched Twister, the 1996 movie by Jan de Bont, and Hee-young had been amazed by a scene in which a tornado had ripped through a drive-in movie theater.

"That'd be really cool, yes".

"So, can we do it?", the ten years old asked.

"Finish your food and we'll see".

The girl clapped and hurried her food.

After dinner, Bin and Hee-young followed Ye-jin's instructions to build the drive in Movie Theater. They hung up a white sheet from two trees in the backyard, Hee-young added some Christmas lights, Ye-jin installed the projector and Bin parked his Willys Jeep in front of the big screen.

The three of them sat in the backseat with some blankets and popcorns and, even when it was uncomfortable for Bin's big legs, the warmth in his chest, every time his stolen glances met with Ye-jin's over his little sister's head, was worth it.

Hee-young fell asleep in the middle of the movie, so Bin and Ye-jin left the whole seat for her to lay, and took the front seats. At this point, the movie wasn't been watched for a while, their old souls enjoyed the most a pleasant chat and the chance to know each other better.

Bin laughed at Ye-jin's story about how, at 4, she pretended to be a sleepwalker when her parents caught her stealing chocolate cookies from the kitchen.

"I don't know what I was thinking, really", she said amused and embarrassed by what she had done.

"And what did your parents do?", Bin asked.

"They were just trying so hard not to laugh in front of me".

"It seems like you were a rascal back then".

"I had a funny childhood for sure. I'm grateful for all those years, that's why I'm trying so hard to mend my relationship with my father".

"And I'm happy for that", he smiled at her. "You know, my greatest wish is that Hee-young can grow up happily too, even when she only has me", he added in a more serious tone.

"I don't know how hard it was for you to take responsibility of everything when your parents died, I really can't even imagine it, nor how hard it still is for you to be a single parent, but I can assure you that you are doing awesome.

You have raised an amazing human being. Hee-young is not only a smart and dedicated student, but she always shows concern for others. She is kind, considerate, generous, enthusiastic and genuine. I knew that she was a unique child the moment I met her.

Besides she's so proud to have you as brother, she looks up to you because you make her happy.

In a perfect world you would never have had to lose your parents, but family is family, whether a family with both parents, a single parent, a grandparent or a brother. At her age, all she needs is a roof over her head, food and lots of love, and I've seen you around her, you love her as much as she loves you. So never again doubt you are enough", she squeezed his hand to comfort him and laid her head on his shoulder.

"Ye Jin, about earlier, at the store...", Bin said slowly after a while.

"You really don't have to tell me anything".

"But I want to", he said with determination. "Young-min was my longtime girlfriend back then. I thought she was the one and I was ready to take the next step in our relationship when everything screwed up..."

10 years ago.

Baby Hee-young couldn't stop her crying and Bin didn't know what else to do, he had change her diaper, he had feed her with her formula and already had done everything the nurses had told him.

At that moment, a car parked in front of his house, it was Young-min for sure.

She entered the house without knocking at the door as it was usual for them, after all, they had been a couple since their senior year at high school.

"Hey", he greeted her.

"Hey", she said in a strange tone. "Can I talk to you?", she asked looking at the tearful Hee-young.

"Sure. What's wrong?", he asked as she turned her face back to him with tears in her eyes.

"I don't think I can do this", she said.

"Do what?"

"This. Take care of a baby".

He was puzzled.

"I'm 27, for god's sake. I can barely take care of myself! Besides, my professional career is just taking off", she added.

"Young-min, I would never...", he was speechless.

"This is not easy for me, Bin, but I've been thinking carefully about this. We need to break up. It's for the best".

And just like that, she left, leaving behind two tearful Hyuns.

"And now she's been trying to get back with you", Ye Jin concluded.

Bin nodded.

"She's using Hee-young for that. Thank God my sister is smart, she doesn't trust Young-min intentions".

"And, would you consider...?"

"Absolutely not", Bin assured her.

"But you almost asked her to marry you"

"Yeah, our relationship was beautiful and I care about her, but we really are not meant to each other".

"Is it because she left you?"

"No, that's all forgotten. Not that I can blame her for no wanting to be dragged along with me and my responsibilities, tho".

"Then, why?"

"Do you really don't know?", he asked with a smile. "It's because of you. You are my true love, Ye Jin", he confessed.

Their mouths found each other in the middle of the dance floor once again. Their dance was as slow and sweet as a waltz, it was a dance they already knew very well, but the both of them were ready to get out of their comfort zone.

Soon, the dance became a sensual and passionate tango, so unlike anything they had ever danced before. Ye-jin stumbled, but quickly regained her pace under Bin's guidance.

It was just the two of them at the dance floor.

His right hand came down to Ye-jin's waist and his fingers made contact with her smooth skin, right in the place where her clothes could not cover. Slowly, Bin began to raise his hand under her blouse, caressing every inch of her.

It was then that Hee-young moved in the back seat, still asleep.

With swollen mouths, Bin and Ye Jin had no choice but to take a safe distance.

"Wait, you...", Ye-jin shyly rubbed her thumb along his lips.

"Thanks".

They stared into each other's eyes before breaking into laughter.

"We should be more careful, don't we?", he asked.

"I think so", she nodded.

"What are you doing tomorrow night?"

"I don't know, you tell me".

"What about dinner?"

"Is it ok at 7 in my place?"

"I'll ask Chung-cha to babysit Hee-young"

"Okay"

"Ok. It's a deal"

And they shook hands to mark the starting point of their untold agreement.

AN:

I know. I'm the worst. Please forgive me for the delayed update.

Also, thank you so much for the votes and comments on the last chapter. You made me so happy.

Love, Eymi.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.6K 2.9K 50
Jisung wanted someone to love him and when all hopes seemed to have vanished, he simply had to try it online. Nothing could go wrong, right? ~The sto...
17.4K 1.1K 54
"What's mine... Is mine! If I want it, definitely I will get it! No one can ever touch my woman..." - Min Tae Gu "I believe in fairy tale love story...
134K 7.2K 34
#WATTYS2020 Working for years in the Blue House as a staff in the crisis management department, Son Yejin knew very well how to handle a crisis effec...
27.2K 2.2K 25
Two people who have been heartbroken by their past relationships met in a certain place in Switzerland. Will they accept each other's past and try lo...