Scarred Avatar

By Ben_Fakename

This is an au where Aang died with the other airbenders. The avatar had reincarnated, but they never knew the... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11

Chapter 1

1.9K 55 50
By Ben_Fakename

*Zuko*

I grumble, standing on the deck of my ship. We're close to the South Pole. I've been searching for three years to find the Avatar.

Uncle is sitting at a table with his tea, playing his game.

I look up at the sky. The clouds get darker. Uncle gets up. "Zuko, we should go inside."

I growl "I have to keep looking."

He moves closer, holding a cup of tea. "Why don't we go in and have some calming jasmine tea? It's very dangerous to be on deck during a storm."

"I don't need your tea. I'll be fine."

He tries convincing me to go inside while the wind gets worse, but I stay out. He goes inside, but I can tell he's watching through a window.

I grip onto the railing tightly as the storm worsens.

Maybe I should have gone in..

A massive blast of wind and rain knocks me off the deck. I then feel the air push me back up onto the deck. I grip the railing and make my way inside.

The wind was strong enough to knock me over, so it threw me back up, right?

I get inside and close the door, leaning on the wall.

Uncle helps me walk to my quarters, then hands me a towel to dry off better.

He leaves. I sit down on my bed and start drying off.

The ship is rocking from the waves. There's a slight draft in here.

I look at my flag on the wall. It's moving.

I sigh. It must be from the ship rocking.

I go to continue drying, when I realize that I'm already dry. I toss the towel away, changing into my sleep wear.

I lay down on my bed and stare at the ceiling. I really hope this search will come to an end soon.

I pull my blanket over myself and fall asleep.

I'm standing at the entrance of a dark cave. I walk inside, expecting it to stop at some point. I hear people.

I hide behind a rock and peek over the edge. Airbenders.

It's a small group of them.

They're practicing their bending. There's a huge bison with a saddle eating some cabbages.

None of them can be the avatar. He was killed a hundred years ago, which is why I'm looking for an old waterbender, or an earthbender.

Suddenly, they all look at me.

I take a step back.

The oldest smiles "Come, sit by the fire."

I hesitate, but sit down. The kids giggle and airbend a ball between them.

The elder gives me a cup of tea, then says "I'm glad you have found us. The other two couldn't find us."

I'm very confused.

I wake up. I look around, only to see that I'm still in my room.

The flag rustles. The boat isn't rocking. I must still be half asleep.. Only an airbender could make that flag move.

I change out of my sleep wear. I walk into the deck and look around at the ice.

There's a loud cracking in the distance. I order the crew to go towards the sound.

When we reach it, we see two people standing on a sheet of ice. There's a broken iceberg that they're looking at.

They look up and see me staring down at them.

The guy grabs the girl and says in a loud whisper "Waterbend is out of here!"

The girl starts waterbending them away.

I look through the telescope and see their village. It's small and sad.

We start heading closer to the village.

I hear something and duck as a boomerang flies past my head. I grip the railing and glare at the guy.

Suddenly I get hit in the back of the head.

I fall off the ship, crashing into the freezing water.

I swim up to the surface and cling to a sheet of ice, shivering.

I try to heat myself up, when the waterbender moves me away from my ship. I crawl onto the ice sheet, but I still get hit in the face with water.

I keep trying to warm myself up without melting the ice I'm on.

I look up and glare at the two.

The guy starts paddling away.

Suddenly, the current picks up. All of us are swept away, crashing into other sheets of ice. Eventually we crash into each other, then crash onto the shore.

The guy gets up and points a spear at me. "What are you doing here?!"

I growl and get up. "I'm here to find the Avatar! Don't get in my way!"

He growls "Well, there's no Avatar here, so leave!"

He gets the spear closer to me, so I hit it away with my arm. It lands in the snow.

I quickly pick it up. "The Avatar could be hiding here. I need to find them."

The guy says "We cant let you search the tribe! You're Fire Nation!"

The girl is trying to waterbend her clothes so she's dry.

The guy takes a step forward. There's a cracking sound.

He looks down. "That's not good-"

I step back. The guy steps back as well.

The girl throws some water where the cracking was, freezing it. The water hits my feet. I'm stuck. I start trying to get out.

The guy gasps "We can take him as a prisoner!"

The girl asks "Why would we do that?! It's so unnecessary!"

The guy shrugs "What else can we do with him? Let him go so he can attack our village later?!"

The girl looks down, then uses waterbending to keep my hands behind my back.

They take me to their village, while I try to get out of it.

They put me against the wall, the girl struggling a bit to waterbend ice to trap me against the wall.

The guy says "I'll go get something stronger."

One of the kids walks over. "Katara, who's this?"

The girl, Katara I assume, replies "Sokka decided he's our prisoner."

The kid looks at me. "Oh.. He looks mean."

I'm slowly heating myself up. I can feel the ice melting.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

331K 18.2K 92
Saving the life of the infamous rookie pirate, Captain Ruben Kirk, catapults Jessica Red into a sea of magic, jewel heists, and world-saving adventur...
4.9M 133K 28
This is the original, unedited version of Light as a Feather, Book #1. This book was the inspiration for the Hulu Original Series. The revised versi...
79.3K 5K 28
A desperate new mother must piece together her memories from the most violent night of her life - and confront the truth about the ghosts that have b...
2.2M 76.6K 26
BOOK ONE OF THE GOLDSTREAK TRILOGY They found her in the middle of the street, small hands woven into short, dark hair, bent over on her knees, sobbi...