Emerald Rain

OhNoMySphaghettiOs tarafından

Ever wonder how the events in Fire Emblems Three Houses would have unfolded if Byleth had never been offered... Daha Fazla

The Beginning:
Three Houses:
The Blue Lions:
The Mock Battle:
A Day of Monastery Life
Eliminating the bandits:
Garland moon:
Castle Gaspard:
The Holy Mausoleum:
The Rite of Rebirth:
The Crest of Flames:
Into the Abyss:
The Chalice of Beginnings:
Verdant Rain Moon:
Conand Tower:
Vanished:
Horsebow Moon:
The Battle of The Eagle and Lion:
Zanado Canyon:
Remire Village:
The White Heron Cup:
The Ball:
Fate:
Awakening:
The Holy Tomb:
Path of Thorns:
Reunion at Dawn:
The one-Eyed Beast:
Protecting Garreg Mach:
The Beast:
Ailell, The Valley of Torment:
The Master Tactician:
The Great Bridge of Myrddin:
Great Tree Moon:
To Gronder Field, Part One:
To Gronder Field, Part Two:
Gronder Field, Part One:
Gronder Field, Part Two:
The Aftermath of War:
Preparing for Derdriu:
Alliance in Peril:
Protecting Derdriu:
On Trek to a New Dawn:
The Sealed Forest:
The Baron Dominic:
Strategy meeting:
Preparing for Fort Merceus:
Deception:
The Battle at Fort Merceus:
Javelin of Light:
To Garreg Mach Monastery:
Jeritza Von Hrym:
Enbarr Strategy Meeting:
A Day at the Monastery:
To Enbarr:
Enbarr the Imperial Capital:
The Fall of the Adrestrian Empire:
Heavy is the Head That Wears the Crown:
A United Front:
The Dragon that Lurks in the Shadow:
Two Sides of the Same Coin:
The Church of Seiros:
The Princess of Brigid's request:
The Foreign Land and Sky
A Prince's Proposition:
Arianrhod Part One:
Arianrhod Part Two:
Love and War:
The Cool Before the Storm:
Tailtean Plains
Reclaiming Fhirdiad:
The Beginning of the End:
One Year Later:
The Return:
Those Who Slither in the Dark:
For the Freedom of Fodlan:
The End!

Rumors of a Reaper:

321 11 3
OhNoMySphaghettiOs tarafından

Dimitri:

The following evening both armies set back out to return to Garreg Mach, Dimitri had wanted them to set out in the morning but... He had failed to realize how many of his companions would be hungover from the previous night's endeavors. So, he had to settle for later in the day.

Once evening hit Claude and Dimitri led the armies back to Garreg Mach, the whole trip Dimitri had been contemplating what Byleth and Claude had said about Arundel. Could it be possible that he really isn't who they think, rather someone who worked alongside of Solon.

It made Dimitri nauseated thinking about it, what if that is true then does that mean that the whole time, he was in the Kingdom he was planning a nefarious scheme? It would make sense, especially since Dimitri believed him to be involved in the Tragedy of Duscar.

He made a note in his mind to ask Gilbert. Surely if anyone would know anything it would be him, as Dimitri sat riding on his horse, he tried to think of any other people who might have coerced in the plot with Arundel. Only one other person came to mind.

Cornelia.

Not only did she kill the Rufus, Dimitri's Uncle, and frame Dimitri to sentence him and his companions to death, but there was also that sudden shift in her personality that Dimitri remembered as a child. Didn't Cornelia also originate from the Empire as well... Just how infiltrated is this group in the political sphere in the Empire.

Dimitri knew that Edelgard had been working with questionable forces, that was undeniable, but... It made him wonder did she really have a say in it?

"Ha, pathetic" Glenn sneered "I knew you didn't have the resolve to do it you coward" he spat. Dimitri ignored him, and that angered Glenn even more. "You're a disgrace to the Blaiddyd lineage" Glenn shouted, "I can't believe we had to die, while a weak-willed boy like you got to live" he said.

Dimitri flinched at Glenn's words, he had to fight the urge to submit to the needs of the dead. To go back on his word and promise them Edelgard's head, but... Would that truly appease them? Not only that but could Dimitri live with himself after it was over and done with?

Sure, Dimitri had done bad things, really bad things but... Killing the last of your family, was that really something he could do now?

The dead will always be a part of him, Dimitri knew that as much. But... He also owed the living, for everything he'd done to them, all the senseless lives he took in pursuing Edelgard's head. He was so blinded by his own rage and violence he didn't care how depraved he truly became, and because of that he lost what little he did genuinely care about.

No, Dimitri knew he couldn't give into Glenn's foul words, no matter how much he wanted to. He needed to see this through, try to carve a path in which both him and Edelgard can coexist with one another.

"Are you alright there, kid?" Dimitri turned his head and saw Jeralt had rode up beside him.

Dimitri nodded, "Yeah... I've just been thinking over some things" he replied.

Jeralt said nothing in response to that, and Dimitri knew he could see right through him, Jeralt sat atop his horse just watching Dimitri, trying to figure out what it was that had him in a mood.

After a few minutes of silently observing Dimitri, Jeralt finally spoke up "So, you're really going to go through with this whole sparing Edelgard thing?" Jeralt asked.

Dimitri nodded, "Yes, this is something I must do" he said "I owe it to all the lives I have taken to try to find a way that leads in less death" he added.

"Are you ok with giving up your revenge?" Jeralt asked.

Dimitri sighed, "Yes and no" he replied "Part of me still believes that killing Edelgard is something that I must do, I owe it to the dead, but... I also must repent for what I have done to the living, all of the harm I caused, and lives I took in pursuit of revenge" he said "I need to make up for it, and if to do that I must give up her head" he added. "Not only that, but as I said before our goals align" Dimitri sighed, "As much as I hate to admit it, having her help in fighting back against the Dukedom and Church of Seiros is ideal" he added.

Jeralt smiled and nodded, "It is strategically smart" he said "Heh, I'm glad that your head has cleared a bit kid" Jeralt added.

Dimitri nodded, "Me too" he replied.

It took four days of traveling before both joint armies reached the monastery.

As soon as they reached the monastery Alois was waiting at the gates for them and took Byleth and Claude off somewhere to speak with them privately, it seemed like whatever was bothering Alois had to be important if he dragged them off before they had even settled back in. Naturally, Dimitri followed behind them, to see if there was anything he could assist with.

"You know Dimitri your stealthiness really needs improvement" Claude called out.

Dimitri picked up his pace until he was beside the Byleth and Claude, "I wasn't trying to be stealthy" he retorted.

Claude shook his head, "How typical of you to be following the two of us then" he said with a laugh "I assure you, we aren't up to anything" he added.

Dimitri frowned, while he knew whatever they were going to be doing right now wasn't anything they've done, he had a hard time believing that the pair weren't up to anything. He was certain there was a lot of information that he was being left out on, probably due to their fear that he might revert back to his former state, Dimitri felt jealousy clawing its way through him at the thought of Byleth and Claude having so much un-shared information between them. The other night he was certain that was only a small part in whatever it was that they knew.

"Right" was all Dimitri managed to say, he glanced over at Byleth, she had still yet to speak to him since the night she had told Dimitri about his Uncle. Many moons ago after Dimitri had yelled at Byleth, Felix had stormed into the Cathedral and yelled at Dimitri to cease lashing out on Byleth, that there might come a day that she wants nothing to do with him.

Dimitri feared he had reached that day.

Alois led them to them to the Cardinals room, once inside he began debriefing them on everything that had been going on in the monastery since they left.

"Alois, I'm not going to lie I thought something more urgent happened" Byleth spoke up after a while of Alois giving his run down, "All of the things you mentioned, are normal occurrences her" she added.

Alois frowned, "Oh, really" he said "Then I suppose the Death Knight wandering around the outskirts of the monastery is normal?" he asked.

Byleth rubbed her forehead, "Alois why didn't you start with that" she said in an irritated voice.

Alois laughed, "Why to build suspense of course" he said.

"Alois, I love building suspense as much as the next guy, but it really would have been best to tell us this right off the bat" Claude groaned.

Byleth shook her head, "Anyways how long has this been going on for?" she asked.

"The past few days, we have only had sightings of him, no encounters" Alois replied.

Byleth nodded, "Do you think maybe they're planning an attack?" she asked.

"I don't know, it seems like they are just watching" Alois replied.

Claude rubbed his head, "Dammit, ok" he sighed "We need to figure this out quick, we have increased patrols monitoring around the monastery for now on" Claude said.

Byleth nodded in agreement, then stood up from her seat "If that's all, I'm going to get going and check on how everyone is faring" Byleth said and began to head for the door.

Dimitri stood up from his seat, "I'll help you" he declared,

Byleth turned and looked at him "That's not necessary Dimitri" she said.

Dimitri shook his head, "I insist" he said and walked over to the door and opened it.

Byleth frowned at him for a moment, then sighed and walked through the door.

Dimitri followed behind her, with a small grin on his face.

Byleth:

The Death Knight is stalking the monastery.

Those words rang through Byleth's head, did Edelgard send him or is it of his own volition. To come and remind them what they're up against.

"Dammit, ok" Claude sighed, Byleth drew her attention back to the meeting. It no longer felt like it was all that important, especially now that the looming threat that is the death knight was brought to light. "We need to figure this out quick, we have increased patrols monitoring around the monastery for now on" Claude said.

Byleth nodded and stood up from her seat and turned towards Alois, "If that's all, I'm going to get going and check on how everyone is faring" she declared and began to head for the exit, she was certain these rumors of the Death Knight reappearing would have caused some up stir, no doubt.

What Byleth hadn't expected was the brooding Prince to, offer his assistance in the matter. "I'll help you" Dimitri called out and jumped up from his seat.

No, dammit.

Byleth wasn't in the mood for babysitting, "That's not necessary Dimitri" Byleth said coolly

Dimitri shook his head and walked over to the door, "I insist" he said as he opened it and waited for her to walk through.

Byleth frowned at Dimitri, but she knew there was a time and a place to argue, and this was neither of them, so she sighed and exited from the Cardinal room with Dimitri following behind her.

Byleth attempted at walking at a brisk pace, hoping maybe that he'd get the message that his presence was unwelcomed, but she failed to keep in mind that Dimitri's legs were significantly longer then hers and had no trouble keeping up with the set pace.

"So, what are we going to do?" Dimitri asked after they had been walking in an awkward silence for a couple of minutes.

"Find out more about the Death Knight sightings" Byleth replied, "You don't need to help, I can manage it on my own" she added.

Dimitri didn't respond to her comment, he remained silent and continued following Byleth to wherever it was that she was leading.

They went around the monastery and asked around to try to dig up any information on the Death Knight and where he was showing up, but no one really knew anything on the matters well at least Claude is setting up a patrol for that matter. Byleth turned to Dimitri it was about time to call it quits, this investigation was going nowhere.

"Byleth" A voice called out and she turned around, it was Gilbert, "Ah hello, Your Highness" he added and bowed to Dimitri.

"Hello Gilbert" Dimitri said with a nod.

"Oh, right Byleth I meant to ask, do you have a moment?" Gilbert questioned.

Byleth nodded, "Of course" she said.

"I would like to hear your opinion on our situation" Gilbert said, "Given our current fighting power, what sort of challenge do we pose to the Empire?" he asked "If the plan for co-existing with the Empire fails... Do we have any hope for victory?" Gilbert questioned.

Byleth frowned, "Given the circumstances with Gronder, and the Alliance having lost a lot of soldiers when the Imperial army swept through, if we aren't able to sway Edelgard... The probability for victory is low" Byleth admitted, it stung a bit to have to admit that, with all the power Sothis gave to Byleth there was only so much that she could do in the end...

Gilbert sighed, "So, we agree. Perhaps to strengthen our forces we could-" Gilbert began but a loud crash and a shriek cut him off.

Byleth looked over in the direction of the noise and saw none other than Annette, who had tripped over a barrel. "Aaaargh! Ugh, why would anyone put a barrel here?!" Annette groaned as she lifted herself off the floor, she walked over in the direction of Byleth, Dimitri, and Gilbert. "Ow, that really smarts..." Annette murmured, she looked over at Gilbert "Oh. Hello, Father" she said dryly.

Byleth looked to Gilbert in shock, did she hear Annette right? "Father?" Byleth recited in a confused tone, she glanced at both Annette and Gilbert's faces and realized she should have shut up.

Gilbert was silent for a moment, "Another stupendous fall" he said to Annette.

Annette scoffed, "As though you care about my well- being" she retorted, and shook her head "Anyways..." she sighed and turned to Byleth "Byleth, Your Highness, I'm heading out for a bit" Annette said.

Byleth nodded, "Where are you going?" she asked.

"I was thinking of going to go visit my Uncle" Annette replied.

Gilbert shook his head, "To see my Brother? Why is that Annette?" he asked.

"I wanna ask him to entrust me with the Hero's Relic of House Dominic" Annette declared, "The fight from here on out is going to be tough, and I need to do whatever I can to get stronger" she said "The best thing we can do, as far as I can tell, is to have another Hero's Relic at our disposal" she added.

Gilbert nodded, "You're not wrong, yet it will not be easy" he said.

Byleth furrowed her eyebrows, "Why is that?" she asked.

"Under pressure from Cordelia, House Dominic is maintaining a pro- Imperial stance" Gilbert responded, "That makes us his enemy. Brother or no, he will not hand over a Hero's Relic to us" he added.

Annette shook her head, "But he's not a bad person... And we'll never know unless we ask, right?" she said "And Mother might be there too" she added.

"The Dominic region is, at present, enemy territory. There is no guarantee you can see them safely" he said sternly.

Annette frowned and shook her head, "Fine. Be that way" she stated, "It's not like I was planning to ask for your help, anyway" she added icily and turned to Byleth and Dimitri, "Don't worry about me" she said. "I'll be back soon, and with a Relic, no less!" Annette declared then stormed off.

Concern fell over Gilbert's face, "Annette! Wait!" he shouted and shook his head "She never listens. So frustrating" he sighed and paused for a moment "However, if she were able to retrieve the Hero's Relic, it would prove to be a great boon to our forces" Gilbert said, "Perhaps I should prepare myself for the worst. I shall travel with Annette to see my Brother" he sighed. "Byleth, Your Highness, might I ask that you both take on a task for me?" Gilbert asked "It is entirely possible that we shall be captured in the Dominic region. In anticipation of that..." he began "I would ask that you wait outside of the region, with an army at your command" he said.

Byleth was a little hesitant since House Dominic will be in the Kingdom territory, but Annette was right if they had a shot at another Relic, it would be smart not to let the opportunity pass. "Of course" Byleth said with a nod of her head.

Gilbert looked down, "I cannot say with confidence that we will be able to bring back the Hero's Relic without issue" he said softly "While it pains me to ask this favor of you, I must also thank you for accepting" Gilbert said with a bow and chased after Annette.

Byleth stood there for a moment, "Should we gather forces and head out now?" Dimitri asked.

Byleth shook her head, "It's best you don't go Dimitri" she said "Being there puts you within Cornelia's grasp, we need to avoid that" she added.

Dimitri frowned, "Well if that's the case, then you shouldn't be going either" he said "Being in Dominic territory will have you within Rhea's grasp" he added.

Dammit, he's right.

Byleth's brows furrowed and she sighed, "I'll ask Claude to go in our stead then" she said.

Dimitri nodded, "It is best that way" he said, Byleth turned around and began to search for Claude, and Dimitri followed behind her.

Byleth stopped and turned to Dimitri, "Dimitri, I'm just looking for Claude, your assistance is no longer necessary" she said.

"Like it or not Byleth, I'm coming with you" Dimitri said sternly.

"I don't need to be followed Dimitri" Byleth retorted

"I didn't say you did" Dimitri replied, and shook his head "Please Byleth stop pushing me away, I want to make amends for all that I have done" he said "But I can't if you don't give me the chance" he added.

Byleth shook her head, "You don't get it do you?" she sighed "You can't just come back in here and demand that things go back to how they used to Dimitri, there are things you've done that..." Byleth began but trailed off. "You've changed, and so have I" she concluded.

Dimitri looked towards the ground, "You're right... My apologies" he said "I know things can never go back to how they once were Byleth, but I won't stop trying to make things right" he added "I have done so much wrong in the past five years, I need to make amends for what I have done" Dimitri said.

Byleth turned back around and began searching for Claude with Dimitri following behind her.

As usual Claude was in the Golden Deer classroom, Byleth and Dimitri entered the room and Claude turned to them. "Hey you two, what's up?" Claude asks as they draw closer to him "Any luck on finding information about the Death Knight sightings?" he questioned.

Byleth shook her head, "No" she sighed then paused for a moment, "Claude, remember how you made me deal with Caspar after Derdriu?" Byleth said.

Claude nodded, "Ah, so the day I have been dreading has finally come" he said "Alright what is it that I have to do?" he sighed.

"Annette and Gilbert are going to Dominic territory to try to receive their Hero's Relic" Byleth said "But Gilbert is unsure, that his Brother will give it willingly, so he asked for back up in case anything happens" she added. "It's best if Dimitri and I both avoid going into any Kingdom territory" Byleth said.

Claude nodded, "Fine" he sighed in an exaggerated tone "I guess I'll go, but If the Death Knight shows up, you guys are dealing with it" he said.

"Fine" Byleth said while nodding, "I call dibs on Hilda staying then, in case he does show up" she added.

Claude groaned, "Damn you" he sighed "Fine, but Lorenz is staying behind as well" he added.

"Ugh, you drive a hard bargain, Claude" Byleth said, "Alright" she added.

It was eventually decided that the group that would be traveling to Dominic territory alongside Annette, Claude, and Gilbert would be Ferdinand, Ingrid, Leonie, Linhardt, Lysithea, Petra, Raphael, and Sylvain.

"Um, Dimitri no offense but are you certain that it's a good idea for me to bring people from the Kingdom?" Claude said, Dimitri flinched a little at his words "They follow you, not me" he added.

Dimitri nodded, "I understand your apprehension Claude, but they are at your command as well" he said "We wish to fight besides you once again, not against" he added.

Claude rubbed his forehead, "Alright, I'll take your word for it Dimitri" Claude sighed and turned to Byleth "Well I guess I'll gather everyone and head out now" he said "I'll see you when we get back" he added.

Byleth nodded, "Thank you Claude" she said, and Claude smiled and exited from the Golden Deer classroom to go and gather the group leaving for Dominic territory.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

1.7K 30 5
The Fall of Garrag Moch Monastery, Year 1180 had been a disaster and full of the unexpected. But lets follow a different flow in the time stream. In...
9.2K 317 66
Fire Emblem Three Houses AU Story: What if Sothis was with Byleth since their childhood days? "If only I could touch the stars." Born sick since da...
42.9K 814 26
Hello and welcome to my pit of boredom - Part Two!! I love all the people that supported me during the making of my first book, and I really hope thi...
39.7K 1.6K 110
Imperial year 1159 a nun of Garreg Mach monastery dies mysteriously during child birth leaving behind her beloved daughter Byleth. In a turn of event...