The Prince and His Slave

By luckycharms

Arius is the Prince of Egypt, the future Pharaoh. Everyone knows how great of a young man he is and he is res... More

Arius - [My Father, the Pharaoh of Egypt]
Chione - [I'm a Slave]
Arius - [The Green Eyed Girl]
Chione - [Clumsy Me]
Arius - [Ignorant Fool]
Chione - [The Throne Room]
Arius - [Names]
[Pharaoh In Training]
[The Banquet]
Chione - [The Doctor]
Arius - [Rudeness]
Chione - [The Garden]
Arius - [Reflection]
Chione - [The Ring]
Arius - [Respect]
[Happiness]
[Dancing]
[Realization]
Arius - [Brothers]
[Perfect]
Arius - [The Return of the Pharaoh]
Chione - [The Prince's Chamber]
Arius - [The Son of The Pharoah]
Chione - [My Mothers Name]
[Sleep]
Arius - [Die]
Chione - [The Queen of Egypt]
Arius- [Birthday Present]
Chione - [Crying Make Everything Better]
Arius - [Emerald Eyes]
Chione - [The Beautiful Beggar Boy]
Arius - [The Truth]
Chione - [Sword Fight]
Arius - [Another Birthday Gift]
Chione - [Frustration]
Arius - [Reputation]
[The Expected, but Unexpected Guest]
[Rumors]
Tabia - [Oh My Dear Ra.]
[Hidden]
[Unrequited Love]
Arius - [Family Reunion]
Arius - [The Good People Always Die]
[Execution]
Arius - [Punishments]
[No Time for Jokes]
Arius - [Faceless Figure]
Arius - [Emptiness]
Arius - [It's Back]
Arius - [Unexpected Guest]
[All of Egypt is watching]
Arius - [A Birth and a Death]
Tabia - [It's Perfect]
The Prince and His Slave - REWRITTEN

[Imaginary Knife]

30.9K 594 73
By luckycharms

[Chione]

            Saia and I walked together to the slave quarters for lunch and she had a lot to tell me. “It was just smiling at each other at first, but this morning he came up to me and said ‘hi beautiful.’ Isn’t that so… amazing?” Saia asked jumping up and down.

       I laughed, “I think he’s flirting with you, Saia!”

       She laughed with me, “I know! Isn’t it amazing? Isn’t it? Who knew someone would flirt with me!”

       “Why wouldn’t they Saia? There’s no one in this world that’s like you! You’re the cutest girl ever, and you have an amazing personality!”

       “Thanks Alexandra! You’re so nice to me!” She said as she hugged me.

       I laughed.

       As always, for lunch we ate some sort of soup and a piece of bread. Saia and I finished quickly and then left. “Hey, have you seen Tabia anywhere?” Saia asked.

       “No, she left somewhere with Lord Khafirin while Arius was ill, and still hasn’t returned.” I said,

       “I wonder where she went.” Saia asked. She then started to smile. “Oh, look who it is!”

       I followed her gaze to see Arius and I began to smile too.

       “My Prince!” Saia called for me.

       Arius turned his head and smiled. “Good afternoon.” He said. Though he was smiling, I saw that he seemed stressed.

       “I thought the doctor told you not to stress yourself out!” I said smiling.

       He laughed, but a little hesitantly.

       I looked at him, confused and then realized why he was acting strangely.

       A beautiful girl stood by his side. You could see her thin frame in her long flowing red dress; it had flower designs all over it and had a gold border at the bottom of the dress. Her hair was long and black; it was loosely braided and had what looked like pearls clipped in her hair. Her eyes were brown; her skin was light and had no blemishes at all. Her lips were thin and you could see her cheek bones too. Overall, she was absolutely beautiful.

       “Are these your slaves?” She asked Arius, she had a strange accent in her voice.

       “Um, yes, they are.” He said. “Alexandra, Saia, meet Princess Kiana of Syria.”

       The Princess smiled at us.

       Saia and I bowed.

       “Have you memorized the names of all the slaves?” She asked Arius,

       “No, I haven’t.” He paused, “These two are special friends of mine.” He emphasized the word ‘friends’.

       The Princess nodded her head, “Ah, I see.”

       I looked up at Arius, who was sweating like crazy. “My Prince, is something wrong? You are sweating oceans.” I said as I put my hand on his forehead.

       Arius smiled, “I’m fine, thank you.” He took my hand and held it for a few seconds and then let go. “Well, you two might have some work to do so I’ll be off.” He said as he turned around to leave.

       “Wait, my Prince.” The Princess called. “You told me that these two were special friends of yours, why have you not told them the wonderful news?” She asked him.

       Arius froze; with his back turned from us and the Princess giggled. “No need to be shy!” She grabbed his arm and pulled him towards us.

       I think I twitched.

       Arius looked at the ground, with a strange expression.

       Kiana smiled her perfect smile. “I’m your dear Prince’s fiancée!”

       My heart stopped. It was quiet for a few minutes. My eyes never left the face of Arius, who didn’t dare look up at me.

       “My Prince, are you still shy?” The Princess asked and then she looked at me; it almost looked like she was glaring, “Are you happy for your dear friend?” She asked.

            I looked at her and smiled, “Congratulations.” I said and Arius finally looked up at me. I bowed, turned around and walked away. I could feel the stare of the Princess, Saia and Arius but I didn’t stop, I couldn’t. I wrapped my arms around myself and began to run. I held back the tears that were trying to escape. I thought I heard him call me, but I didn’t stop.

[Arius]

  My heart stopped. Perfect, I thought, absolutely perfect!

“Are you happy for your dear friend?” Kiana asked as she tightened her grip on my arm.

       I wanted to shout: No, this was not my choice! But I couldn’t. I felt like I was going crazy, what was Alexandra going to say?

       “Congratulations!” She said and my head shot up. I saw the pain in Alexandra’s eyes, and as soon as I did that pain hit me a hundred times harder.

       She bowed and then walked away.

       I looked at Saia, who stared at me in disbelief.

       Alexandra then began to run and it felt like she was leaving me, leaving my heart. I shook my head and then pulled away from Kiana.

       “My Prince?” Kiana asked.

       I put my hand on my head and then looked back at the disappearing Alexandra. I shook my head again and then ran.

       “My Prince!” Kiana called but I ignored her. I ran after Alexandra, calling her name but she didn’t turn.

       Then I heard someone else call her. “Chione, dear!” Alexandra stopped, an elderly slaves walked up to her.

       I stopped running and began to walk slowly.

       “If you don’t mind, might you please come along to the market with me to get some things?” The woman asked her.

       Alexandra nodded her head and took the large basket from the woman.

       I closed my eyes. No. I thought. Please don’t leave! When I opened my eyes again, she was gone.

       I sighed, turned around and walked away.

       There was only one person I wanted to see right now. One person I wanted to talk to and as unbelievable as it was, that one person was Tabia. I rushed through the halls and asked almost everyone I saw if they had seen her.

       I then saw Lady Akila, walking with her two boys.

       “Lady Akila, have you seen Lady Tabia anywhere?”

       “No, my Prince, she left a little while ago with Lord Khafirin. I don’t think they have returned.” She told me.

       “Thank you.” I said as I walked away.

       “My Prince?” She called.

       I turned around. “Yes?”

       “Is there any problem?” She asked me.

       I shook my head and smiled, “No.”

       Lady Akila nodded her head and smiled. “Please don’t hesitate to talk to me if there is.”

       “Thank you… I’ll keep that in mind.”

       She nodded, bowed and walked away.

       Great. I thought. When I actually need Tabia she’s gone.

       I wandered through the hallways feeling hopeless.

       “Brother!” I heard Akhen call.

       I turned around, “Akhen, what’s wrong?” I asked as I heard the worry in his voice.

       “I wanted to ask you that, brother! I heard the news, about the Princess.” He said, and I nodded my head. “But, what about Alexandra? You can’t just forget about her!”

       “Of course I’m not going to forget about her! How could I? This was all fathers doing! I had no say in it at all.” I felt the anger inside me grow.

       “Why don’t you tell the Princess that you aren’t interested in her?” He asked,

       “It’s not as easy as you think it is, Akhen!”

       “Does Alexandra know?”

       I nodded my head. “Yes, she does.”

       “What did she say!?” He gasped.

       “Congratulations.” I replied, feeling like an idiot.

       My brother didn’t say anything else.

       We stood there silently for a while. “Did you talk to Tabia?” He finally asked.

       I shook my head, “She’s gone somewhere.”

       My brother put his hand on my shoulder, “Don’t worry brother, everything will be fine” He said.

       I nodded my head, wishing that I could believe him.

       That evening I wandered back to my bedroom miserably. Nothing seemed to be working out well. I pulled off all the jewelry and changed my cloths and slowly went to my bed. I just sat there for quite a while.

       I finally got up and walked to the balcony. I looked outside at the moon and took a deep breath. I then looked down at the spot where I had first spoken to Alexandra. I remembered what she told me that night, “I am but a filthy slave, you seem to be of high class so for your own sake, you should keep away from helping us.” I smiled to myself; it seemed that I have fallen in love with that ‘filthy slave’… and she knew that.

       I took another deep breath and then returned to my chamber, closing the balcony doors behind me. I had decided that tomorrow I was going it find Alexandra and tell her what happened, that this wasn’t my choice.

       I fell back on my bed and closed my eyes; I wanted tomorrow to come as quickly as possible. When I was just about to doze off, I was interrupted by knocking on my door. The first person I thought it was, was Tabia. I jumped up from my bed and rushed to the door, I flung it open and then I was very disappointed.

       Kiana giggled. “I’m glad you are so eager to see me!”

       I forced a smile out, but didn’t say anything.

       “May I come in?” She asked.

       “Oh… yes.” I said, as I stepped aside.

       She walked right in, and it seemed like she felt absolutely welcome. She walked straight to my bed and sat down, she then called me, “Come on! Don’t be shy.”

       I sighed quietly, closed the door and then walked forward. I sat, uncomfortably on the chair far across from her and I heard her sigh. “You have a nice room.” She said.

       “Thank you, but it was all designed by a crafts man, not me.” I said and she laughed. “I know.”

       We sat quietly for a while and then she finally said, “So, that girl, what was her name again?”

       “Which girl?” I asked, although I knew who she was talking about.

       She put her finger on her chin, “Then one with the green eyes.” She then smiled, “She’s very beautiful, for a slave.”

       I nodded my head. “She is.”

       “She seemed quite upset about something, did you find out what it was?”

       I hesitated, “No.”

       “I see.” Kiana got up and so did I. She walked up to me and put her hand on my bare chest.

       “I hope she feels better soon, she seems like a nice girl.” She said, wrapping her arms around me. I shuddered, feeling terribly uncomfortable. I stood there frozen, I didn’t move at all. I just hoped that she would get the message and leave, I didn’t like her, and I didn’t want to marry her.

       Suddenly I felt a terrible pain. What was I thinking? As much as all my feelings for Alexandra were true, this girl didn’t deserve to feel any pain. I closed my eyes; this was all thanks to my father and his lust for power! My hands clenched into fists and Kiana pulled away.

“Arius?” She asked.

       I opened my eyes, “Sorry, I…”

       She laughed, “You’re so manly! Just as my father promised.”

       I felt my face go hot.

       “To be honest, I am so glad I get to marry you!” She giggled

       It felt like she took a long sharp knife, stabbed me right in my stomach and kept it there.

       She then pushed herself onto her toes and kissed me on my cheek and now, I felt as if she slowly turned the knife.

       “Well, you must be tired now, so I shall leave you to sleep.” She smiled.

       I was then struck with relief.

       I led her to the door and held it open for her.

       “Goodnight.” She said smiling.

       “Sleep well.” I responded as I closed the door. I took in a deep breath and then exhaled loudly.

       I sat down on the floor with my back against the door. “What am I doing?” I whispered to myself. I closed my eyes and remembered what my father had told me about the engagement.

       My father sent Kiana out of the throne room with a maid to have a tour of our Palace. “Father, how could you do this? You didn’t even inform me of this!” The words came out as a growl.  

       “Arius! We must seize such an opportunity!” He said.

       “Opportunity?” I questioned.

       “Yes, my son! Since the king of Syria is quite ill, I came up with an idea and the King of Syria and I came to an agreement. If I marry the Princess of Syria to the Prince of Egypt, our two nations will become one! As soon as the King of Syria passes away, Syria is ours!”

       I stared at my father in disgust. “That is a terrible idea!”

       “Oh?” My father laughed, “Don’t you think she’s pretty?”

       “Your desire for power is making you go way over the line!” I yelled.

       He frowned.

       “Why do you want more land when you can’t even take care of the land you already have? Why do you want more citizens when you can’t even protect the poor and starving that you already rule?”

       The members of the royal court looked at me in a way of warning, but I ignored them. “Do you not accept to this engagement?” My father asked me.

       “No.” I said sternly.

       “Well it is too late now.” He said coolly.

       My eyes widened, “Why?” I yelled.

       “Why is there a problem, Arius?” My father asked, “Is there someone else you are considering?”

       I just looked at him.

       “Well, if not then, there shouldn’t be a problem. Now, didn’t you say you had some work to do?” He smiled at me and then sent me off.

       I crossed my legs and glared at the floor. It was dark and for some reason, I didn’t think I could go back to sleep. I still felt that ‘knife’ inside me twisting every time I thought of my father. I thought of Alexandra then, I wondered if she hated me. I felt another knife stab me, but this time it was at my heart. I sighed and dropped my head in my hands.

I wanted to see her so much. I wanted to see her now. I got up, thinking of leaving but then I shook my head. She was probably sleeping and besides, she probably didn’t want to see me.

       I walked to my bed and tried to sleep, but I lied there for most of the night with my eyes wide open.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 281 82
When the jealous pharaoh Hathset discovers a member of his harem conducting an illicit affair with a scribe he places a curse on them. Little does he...
6 0 1
She can't love him. But would it be so wrong to love someone you're forbidden to love? May Astrid the one and only princess and heir to the Kingdom...
633 0 51
Axar Ires Artemis D'Alarie is the one person you do not want to cross paths with. She is everything that you should be scared of. When the time to ta...
140K 8.2K 95
||HR: #1 in EXCITING!!!!!!|| "I can't do it... what have you done to me, Seven?" - The Zodiacs [in order of age]: Tau of Taurus Akil of Aquarius Suma...