The Dark Antihero | Avengers:...

By SketchpadArtist21

"That's what I thought too. Honestly, I had no idea," - Tanya Livdottir's life has just been turned upside do... More

1. Playlist
Epigraph
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 26

48 2 1
By SketchpadArtist21

I jolted awake, gasping and covered in a cold sweat. My mind was still trying to figure out what I had just seen. The image of Malekith dead at my feet was seemingly seared into the back of my eyelids.

For no reason I could conceive, I picked up my old, clunky burner phone, and dialed Rogers. The phone rang for a while before I was sent to voicemail.

"Hey, Rogers. I-I just wanted to let you know that...I'm fine. I'm completely fine, there's nothing to worry about. I'm in Canada right now, I won't tell you where. Don't come after me. I probably won't contact you after this. Don't come looking for me. Stay safe,"

I hung up and set the phone down beside me. I knew I wasn't getting any more sleep that night.

I stood up, stretching before looking around at my dingy surroundings. If I was gonna stay here, I should at least try to make it look somewhat decent. I went to work, finding a random broom in the corner, using it to sweep the floor, kicking the dust outside. 

As I set the broom, it hit me. I didn't have any food, I didn't have any water, I didn't have anything except a musty bed and a broom. The first problem I needed to tackle was water--you can't live without water.

I took my bow, figuring I could shoot for some food, and set out to find some water. I followed the sounds of the night---mosquitoes, rustling leaves, owls, singing frogs. Frogs! That's good! Frogs need water to reproduce, which means there has to be some nearby.

I followed the frogs to a babbling brook, with the roar of a small waterfall cascading from the rocks. I stooped down, gathering a bunch of water in a bucket I found before bringing it back to my shelter. Luckily, there was already a hearth inside, so I just lit a new fire and boiled the water.

Still, I couldn't shake the feeling that something was horribly wrong, but I didn't know what.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5M 68.3K 91
"Why aren't you worshipping me, mortal?" "Not interested. Thanks" ------------ Superpowers acquired after a horri...
2.9K 109 33
Talia Stark used to love her life when she was younger. she had loving parents, an I've protective big brother, awesome friends, and you can't forget...
200K 5.4K 27
Possible! Peter Parker x Reader ~β€’~ After the Death of your mother, your father has been hiding his emotions behind a shield. Once you find out who w...
36.2K 1.4K 36
Book 2 of the Fangirl Series! Natalie Carter. A girl from a different earth. The girlfriend of Steve Rogers and fellow Avenger. No powers, no tech sk...