The Dark Antihero | Avengers:...

By SketchpadArtist21

"That's what I thought too. Honestly, I had no idea," - Tanya Livdottir's life has just been turned upside do... More

1. Playlist
Epigraph
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 25

45 2 0
By SketchpadArtist21

I sniffed, the sound echoing through the room. I had long since run out of tears, but I just sat there.

Numb.

I couldn't sleep. Every time I closed my eyes, I saw flashes. My cell, attacking soldiers, Asgard, escaping, Harudheen, helping Barnes, Wakanda, the soul world, the final battle, my dad, dead in front of me.

I laid on my back on the bed, the smell of rot and mothballs filling my nose. I snorted, shaking my head to try and get rid of it. The smell cleared for a second but returned just as strong not long after.

Eventually, my exhaustion overpowered my will, but not by much.

I was in some sort of field. Malekith was in front of me, and there was a sword in my hand. What's going on? Am I dreaming? 

Or is this a nightmare?

We charged at each other, our blades locking. He pulled back, his sword clipping my side. The world seemed to glitch for a moment as I saw a flash of Malekith standing over me, a shadowy figure looming behind him.

I snapped back to reality, seeing Malekith looming over me, his sword glinting in the sun. A shiver traveled down my spine, my blood feeling terribly cold.

I stood up, and we continued fighting. The sounds of metal scraping against itself and grunts filled the air, the metallic smell of blood wafting around us.

I aimed a punch at his head with my free hand, and there was another flash. Tendrils shot out of the darkness, wrapping around my limbs as I strained against them. Fear shook me to my core, but I shook my head and kept fighting.

I managed to make a large incision in his stomach, and he was struggling because of it. Blows were traded back and forth, with no real damage being dealt. But then I saw it. My chance.

I had one shot to end this. To slice his head clean off and finish this fight for good. I charged at him, battle-worn and exhausted but determined. My sword swung up in an arc...

and I missed. He had managed to move just far enough away for me to miss. 

This was it. I had no hope of winning. 

I was going to die.

After that, Malekit got the upper hand, swinging his sword in a large arc, the blade slicing through my left arm, taking it clear off. The momentum caused it to sail across the field, landing with a sickening them a few yards away. There was a gaping wound in my abdomen, and my arm had been reduced to a bloody stump.

It was hopeless at this point. But I decided to give it one last try. 

 I charged at Malekith, sword at the ready.  His blade was poised and ready to take me out with one swift cut. I closed my eyes, jumped into the air, grabbed my handle with both hands, and brought the sword down.

I opened my eyes, seeing the blade dug deep into his head, blood pouring everywhere. In shock, I pulled the blade out, and he fell to the ground as his eyes rolled back into his head. I couldn't believe it. I had...

I had won.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24K 563 29
Book 1 in the Soldier's Dolls Series. April Smith is probably the loneliest person out there. She has no friends and no family. She spends her life t...
325K 6.2K 32
(n.) the quality or state of being tranquil; calm. A Bucky Barnes story. Phase One. "I didn't mean to fall in love with her, Steve. It just kinda ha...
110K 2.9K 61
this is completely made up as I go along: Natasha Romanoff and Steve Rogers are assigned a mission that shakes Natasha to her core, as Natasha and St...
2.5M 68.3K 91
"Why aren't you worshipping me, mortal?" "Not interested. Thanks" ------------ Superpowers acquired after a horri...