The Meaning Behind Her Scythe...

By -ShyOne15-

This is currently under heavy editing! Facilities, doctors, fear, a broken family, bullies, enemies. That's a... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: A New Beginning
Chapter 2: Secrets
Chapter 3: Café Reunion
Chapter 4: Training Day
Chapter 5: Training Day Part 2
Chapter 6: Surprise
Chapter 7: Reliving The Past
Chapter 8: Girl Behind The Mask Part 1
Chapter 9: Girl Behind The Mask Part 2
Chapter 11: Sweet 16 (Part 2)
Chapter 12: The Interruption
Chapter 13: What Am I Thinking?
Chapter 14: N-No...It Can't Be...
Chapter 15: What Am I Supposed To Do Now?
Chapter 16: A Trip Down Memory Lane
Chapter 17: Under The Stars
Chapter 18: Golden Hour On Cherry Avenue
Chapter 19: Despair
Chapter 20: Anger
Chapter 21: Patience

Chapter 10: Sweet 16 (Part 1)

60 14 0
By -ShyOne15-

"Let's put her through Hell and back."

Seeing all of the league's quirks activate, except for Twice and Dabi, I was a bit worried. The glow and power of their quirks left me defenseless because of the power-draining cuffs I was in.

"Now!!" Shigaraki commanded the rest of the league that had activated their quirks.

Time seamed to slow down, looking up from the floor, I saw the league slowly charging at me with their quirks shooting towards my body and face. The sound of the league screaming started to fade until I couldn't hear them anymore. Closing my eyes, I hung my head once again, knowing what pain and suffering was coming. Honestly, I think I deserved it. A couple seconds after the sound started to fade back in, I felt this overwhelming pain wash over me.

"AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!" I screamed in agony when the first wave was over, I was already severely bruised and beat after that small battle.

By the time everything was over, blood started to trickle down my left temple. My right wing was bleeding and limp. My arms were bruised, my legs were cut, my halo was broken, my neck was bleeding. After a bit of beating and torture, I started to pass out.

"Next time, be careful who you mess with," Shigaraki growled in my ear while lifting my chin with his bloody hands to meet my, now dull, eyes.

"Ahh~" I gasped sucking in my teeth from the pain inflicted upon.

"Happy birthday to me~," I cried from the suffering and pain that was thrust upon me before acting like I passed out.

– Dabi's P.O.V. –

I saw Naoko, tied up in a chair, handcuffed, passed out after screaming her lungs out at the rest of the league.

"Well, that's a pity. Without her quirk, she's useless. Heh, that's what she gets when she messes with the League," Shigaraki scoffed at Naoko's limp, bloody, black and blue body.

"If we hadn't handcuffed her you would've been dead by now," I barked at Shigaraki as he and the rest of the league strolled out of the dungeon beneath our hideout.

"Well, it's a good thing we did handcuff her, then. Isn't it?" Shigaraki drawled

"No, because now you've beaten her close to death by now," I muttered beneath my breath.

Shigaraki and the rest of our little 'gang' walked out of the room, while I, marveled at how people's true colors actually are.

"How. How can people be this cruel. Why?" Dabi asked himself.

Crouching down on my knees to see Naoko's blood stained face, I could see her body shivering and her broken wings twitching like no other.

"I still feel alive~," Naoko suddenly spoke up in a singsong voice before I saw her open her piercingly glowing eyes and grinning evilly.

Ugh. Just this once, I thought to myself, undoing Naoko's cuffs.

I put my jacket over her limp, beaten body. Activating my quirk the slightest bit, I immediately used it to warm Naoko up. Once I felt her stop shaking, I held her close for a few more seconds to let her rest on my shoulder. A couple of minutes later, I saw a bright, white light surround Naoko. Blood was spilling from one of her wounds on her stomach.
Falling onto my lap, I knew that she needed medical help. Knowing that we had some medical supplies, I ran towards the place where we stashed the first aid kit. Rushing back to Naoko, I saw the same bright white light, but it instead surrounded her wounds. Two seconds after the light faded, all the wounds were gone. Her halo and wings were fixed and white.
Her body was completely healed, not a single scratch was left on her.

"W-whoa," I stuttered in complete and utter awe

Gently picking up Naoko off of the floor bridal-style, I started to walk towards the UA High dormitories.

• A Few Minutes Later

It was already a little later than dawn by the time I made it to the dormitories.

"Um, Naoko? Wake up. Where's your dorm?" I asked her.

"Thirteen A. The one with the large window," Was all Naoko was able to get out before she passed out in my arms.

Looking around a bit, I finally spotted the big window on the second floor. I had to do this quick if I didn't wanna get caught. Running inside of the building, I was finally able to find Naoko's dorm. Lightly slinging Naoko around my shoulders, I could feel Naoko wrapping her arms around my neck, slightly adjusting her head to bury it in my neck. Knocking on her dorm room to make sure no one was in there, I saw a tall, half dressed Hawks appear at the door, looking tired at first but soon changing that expression to a seriously pissed look.
Grabbing me by the collar and lifting me off the ground a bit, he lifted Naoko off of my back, slinging her on his back before shoving me against the wall.

"What did you do to her?! What happened?!" Hawks whisper screamed in my face.

— Hawk's POV

"What did you do to her?! What happened?!" I whisper screamed in Dabi's face while lifting him off the ground.

"W-wait! Let me explain!" Dabi pleaded.

Putting him on the ground again, I let him explain.

- After Explaining -

"Thank you, for taking care of her for me. I could break the rest of the leagues faces right now!!" I yelled.

"I know. I could too. I never really wanted to hurt people. But seeing the league hurt an innocent person. I might just burn them all myself!" Dabi grumbled.

"Just hearing how much she went through, it breaks my heart to know that she went through so much," I said, looking to the side at Naoko resting peacefully in her bed.

"Grrrr," Naoko started to growl.

"Shh. It's okay. You're alright, you're safe now," I whispered softly in Naoko's ears.

"Thank you, Dabi. For everything," I thanked him.

"Of course, I just couldn't stand seeing Naoko hurt. It's not right to do that to others. Anyways, I should get back before the league starts to search for me," Dabi bowed slightly, taking his coat back.

After that, Dabi opened the dorm door and ran off of the UA High property and into the distance. Looking at Naoko once more, I saw her crying a bit and saw that I needed to comfort her.

"Shh. I'm here, I'm here. Don't worry. It's gonna be all right," I said, climbing into bed with Naoko.

"Today, no matter what, I'm gonna try to give you a good birthday present."

"P-p...please..d-don't leave me..." Naoko whispered faintly, looking up at me with sadness and fear in her eyes.

"I won't," I stroked Naoko's hair like I did the night before.

"P-promise?" Naoko asked with a sad look in her eyes.

I could tell she was extremely upset about what had happened.

"I promise," I swore, lifting Naoko's chin so I could see Naoko's deep, bewildering eyes. Looking up at me for a couple of seconds, tears started to form in the corners of Naoko's eyes.

"Hey. Shh. It's okay. I'm here," I said in a soothing, gentle tone.

Tears streaming down her face, she formed a genuine smile on the curl of her lips and started to sob uncontrollably. I've never seen her break down like this before.

"Hey, look at me. I love you, remember that. I won't leave you, I'm right here. You'll be all right," And with that, I closed my eyes as I lightly pressed my lips against her's.

Her soft touch, her ability to make my knees grow weak, her natural rosy scent filled my nose as I kissed Naoko's lovely, plump lips. I pulled away as I saw Naoko's face turn an awkward shade of red as I reluctantly pulled from her wonderfully spell-bounding kiss.

"I-I love you too," I heard Naoko mutter as she buried her bright red complexion into my chest.

Slowly falling asleep as she passes out from exhaustion. I chuckled at the sight of my crush sleeping in my arms for the millionth time. A couple hours after stroking Naoko's stray hairs out of her face, I decided it was time to put the plan into action. Naoko's friend group and I decided to do something very special for Naoko. Especially after all that she's been through.
After calling Naoko's friend group, I left Naoko a note telling her that I'd be right back so that she wouldn't worry about me if she woke up. Heading to the rooftop, the same group of people that had been there for her the whole time this happened came as well. Adriana brung the birthday plans on how the cake would look like, the whole party, everything. Adriana and the rest of us got everything that we needed and started to set it all up on the roof close to evening to have Naoko's party in the late evening/night.

– Adriana's POV –

"I'm so excited!! I hope this all goes well!" I exclaimed gleefully.

"Everything will go great! Trust me!" Izuku said with a closed eye smile that soon turned into a shy chuckle.

Looking away from the cuteness of the green haired, freckle splattered face and innocent, emerald eyes. All of it left a slight tint of blush on my cheeks. Ever since meeting Izuku, I felt so warm and fuzzy inside. He was so cute, innocent and shy. He was a total cinnamon roll.

Ever since I was little, my life hasn't always been the best. I was having a really hard time, especially since one of my family members passed away. When that happened, things went downhill. My family and everyone I knew just fell apart. That was, until I met somebody. He made my true colors come out without me even realizing it. He cared about me, loved me and I loved him too. But I was wrong. He broke. My. Heart. When that happened, I didn't even try to find someone else. I was worried that our relationship, like my last one, would end up the same way. I stayed broken for so long, worried about catching feelings again. I just don't want to make another stupid decision like I always do. To this day, I'm still broken because of a lot of things. (End of backstory). But when I saw Izuku act shy, I-I didn't know how to feel.

"G-guys! H-hi, sorry th-that I'm l-late. I heard about w-what happened a-and I w-wanted to help out," Tamaki panted as he rushed onto the roof.

"Of course, the more the merrier!" Mina said cheerfully.

"Yeah, Naoko has been sad and has just gotten back from being kidnapped by the league. Hawks said that Dabi had carried her back here. He said that she had healed herself, but her wounds were worse than any of us could imagine. I'm sure everybody will regret it now that her being kidnapped actually came true.
I hope they will learn their lesson after this."

"That s-sounds horrible."

"It is. Well, let's get cracking!"

When all the declarations were done, we set up the cake and waited for Naoko and Hawks to get back.

• Hawks' POV

Finished with the decorations, I hurriedly walked back to Naoko's dorm room to lead Naoko to the roof. Taking a deep breath, I opened Naoko's door to see Naoko fast asleep in her bed. Leaning in her doorway, I stared at Naoko and her beauty. She looked so calm, so innocent. Not at all like the other sides of her, the angry side, the goofy side, the anxious and sad side...the side that always teases me and calls me a happy meal.

"Heh. If only you knew what is waiting for you after all of your suffering. I hope we can make it up to you, my Angel," I whispered softly as I picked up Naoko's small, light body and walked towards the others again.

2,033 words.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 39.7K 169
You're sort of a slut. And a spy. A slutty spy. (does contain lemons - I've marked those chapters!) #1 bnhafanfic on Dec 29, 2020! #1 bakugoxreader...
3.1K 45 25
[reader] or Kali - Being the "Daughter" Of All For One being tortured and trained defeat All Might part of her life. She finally runs away successful...
84K 3.7K 61
𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐘𝐌𝐏𝐇 ᴺᴼᵁᴺ 𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘢·𝘯𝘺𝘮𝘱𝘩 | \ ˈ𝘱𝘦𝘳-ə-ˌ𝘯𝘪𝘮(𝘱)𝘧 , ˈ𝘱𝘢-𝘳ə- \ 1 : 𝗮 𝗳𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗱 going with a bridegroom to fetch hom...
361K 10.3K 129
Puppet's quirk is limited due to laws and she just wants to be able to use it to her hearts content, so she is part of the League of Villains. She ge...