Chapter 7: Reliving The Past

A dark, empty hall, golden blood gushing from my wounds and dripping onto the floor. This reminded me of when I escaped from the lab. The hallway was crowded with people staring at me, at my scars and wounds. Still in my Reaper form, my wings were dragging across the blood covered floor, now staining my wings. The crowd of people that were blocking the hallways all of a sudden moved out of the way like I was the Queen of England.

Ugh. Why did it have to be crowded? Now I'm gonna be the talk of the friking town, again. Why couldn't I just be normal? Some people think that this is a blessing, to be of a high tier power in the spiritual and physical world. But it's a curse. I can't do anything right or normal here. The only place where I feel safe is in Hawks' arms and in Heaven. Lord, why did you choose me? Why did I have to be the one to carry this cross?

*sigh* "The Lord wouldn't give me a cross I couldn't carry. I just need to push through it, just like I have all my life," I quietly told myself, in hopes that it would change how hopeless and depressed I felt.

Though, I didn't know exactly why I felt sad.

"Maybe it's because I scared the living crap out of everybody in class and popped off on Aizawa. Now I feel bad."

"Heh. I basically said: Surprise! I'm Death itself! You know, the Grim Reaper who's portrayed as a scary demon-angel. Yup, that's me! Classic old Reaper stories am I right, by the way, you should learn how to be a better person!" I mocked myself.

"What was I thinking? Maybe I should've left well enough alone and let everyone else deal with the L.O.V. But then I wouldn't have saved Aizawa, and I would've let so many people get hurt. Then the situation probably would've ended with me getting suspended for not doing jack."

"Tch. Doesn't matter now. Everybody's scared of me now, now I should probably run away, transfer schools and move to another country. I could do that, it's not like it's impossible for me to do so. It's just hard not to be noticed in a city like this," I mumbled.

Opening the set of glass doors that was supposed to be the opening of the school, I walked through the cold night towards the dorms. I always found that taking walks through the park or on campus where I could see willow trees and blossom trees at any time of day calmed me down. In this case, it didn't calm me down, everything was pitch black and freezing cold. Had it not been for my blood stained wings wrapping around my shivering body, I might've frozen to death. I didn't want to cause any harm to anybody.
The look on everybody's faces were so frightful. It was so depressing to see my classmates and even the teacher's face petrified with fear. Even Bakugo, the one who looked worried when Aizawa and I had a literal staring contest showdown, looked scared. Which brought one question into my head. What are they gonna do when I come back to school?
Behind me I heard multiple running footsteps coming straight towards me. Thinking that those people were either the L.O.V., or common robbers in the street, I activated my Dark Guardian quirk. Turning around, I attempted to use the same tactic I used on Hawks, only to find that I almost slit Izuku's throat. Apparently, Izuku, Mina, Ochaco, Todoroki, Adriana and Hawks followed my golden blood trail and decided to check on me. Seeing the fear in Izuku's eyes after almost using my tactic on him, I lowered my daggers and transformed back to my human form.

"I-I'm so sorry. I didn't know you were you. I thought y'all were the league or robbers. What are you guys doing here?"

"We came to check on you and see if you were okay," Adriana said, out of breath.

"A-are you ok-okay t-though?" Stuttered Izuku.

"Yeah, sorry about almost slitting your throat."