Chapter 15: What Am I Supposed To Do Now?

I let the now unconscious man drop to the floor with a slight 'thud'. The police arrived and arrested the man with charges for multiple homicides and theft. The bank owner and manager both came over to thank me for what the other pro-hero's couldn't have done. The Chief of Police came to thank me as well. I couldn't hear any of it, though.

I was just standing there. I had a blank look on me face. My jaw clenched, fists white. The people's voices were muffled, as if I was underwater. I couldn't breathe, I had a lump in my throat that disabled me from lubricating my dry throat, or even speaking for that matter.

Soon after the police arrived, news helicopters, news reporters, and more came to the scene and were crowding me.

"Breaking news! A girl that attends UA High has just stopped an infamous robber and murderer with her multip-.."

"Please, tell us how you did it?"

"How did you stop this man when the other pro-hero's couldn't?"

"Can you make a statement?"

"Did Hawks just fly away, who is Hawks to you?"

"Are you a new pro-hero?"

"What's your name?"

"What's your quirk?"

"Weren't you the famous singer that disappeared?"

Cameras in my face. Voice recorders were everywhere. Every person was trying to get a photo of me. Every person was asking me questions. Every person wanted to get in my business.

It was all muffled, every person was blurred. My tears threatening to fall down as I thought of Keigo. Keigo....why? I didn't do anything wrong. If you had just let me explain.

The lights of the cameras flashed in my face. Every movement was unheard. Every voice was muffled from my earshot. Every person was nobody in my mind. Every chirp of police sirens went silent in my mind.

My eyes welled, my salty tears now leaking out of my eyes and hitting the floor. All I heard were my tears falling, making a dripping sound. The tears were now growing more and more consistent.

"Who-.."

"Is-.."

"Hawks-.."

"To-.."

"You-..?"

I heard multiple news reporters cut off and ask the same question. I hid my face from the cameras, as well as from every living person at the scene. I put my mask on my face, I pulled my hoodie over my head, and I ran. I ran until the point where I wasn't seen and could fly back to UA unnoticed in the pitch black, star-less night sky. Every second I went higher into the sky, I was sniffling and more stray tears were falling from my eyes.

With every minute I was sobbing more and more. I just wanted to curl up in a ball and disappear. I couldn't even make it to my dorm room. I landed roughly on the roof, stumbling and breaking down on all fours.

"WHY?!" Looking up into the sky, I screamed.

"WHY ME?! WHY?! RIGHT WHEN I THOUGHT THAT I WAS GOING TO BELONG IN A PLACE WHERE PEOPLE WERE JUST LIKE ME, EVERYTHING CRUMBLES DOWN AND FALLS!!" I stood up again, back to the entrance of the rooftop. I didn't even bother trying to be quiet. I had to let it out or else I would lash out on someone later.