Entwined with love

By the_elysian_writer

Arinya Young is a 24 year old woman and one gem of a person. She is humble, extremely gorgeous and a remarkab... More

Author's Note
Chapter-1
Chapter-2
Chapter-3
Chapter-4
Chapter-5
Chapter-6
Chapter-8
Chapter-9
Chapter-10
Chapter-11
Chapter-12
Chapter-13
Chapter-14
Chapter-15
Chapter-16
Chapter-17
Chapter-18
Chapter-19
Chapter-20
Chapter-21
Chapter-22
Chapter-23
Chapter-24
Chapter-25
Chapter-26
Chapter-27
Chapter-28
Chapter-29
Chapter-30
Chapter-31
Chapter-32
Chapter-33
Chapter-34
Chapter-35
Chapter-36
Chapter-37
Chapter-38
Chapter-39
Chapter-40
Chapter-41
Chapter-42
Chapter-43
Chapter-44
Chapter-45
Chapter-46
Chapter-47
Chapter-48
Chapter-49
Chapter-50
Chapter-51
Chapter-52
Chapter-53
Chapter-54
Chapter-55
Chapter-56
Chapter-57
Chapter-58

Chapter-7

11.1K 343 10
By the_elysian_writer

Arinya's POV

I still can't believe that I got a job in the biggest Architecture & Designs company of USA. If my parents were here, they'd have been very proud of me.

Yesterday was a good day. Actually one of the best day's I've had in so many years. After getting my hand treated, I left the office building. I straight went shopping as I don't own a lot of clothes, let alone formal wear. I have some savings left from the part-time job I did at a library during my graduation years. I used to work there after my college hours in the evening.

I am glad that I got a job in time as my savings are about to finish too. My school and college fees were paid by the savings left by my father solely for my education purpose but I had to earn for fulfilling my other necessities.
I am not complaining that I had to work to fulfill my needs and I never will but sometimes it feels really sad that I had everything but still I couldn't...

My alarm went off signalling me to get out of the bed and start getting ready. It was 7:10 AM when I got out of bathroom after a nice shower. I changed into one of the outfits that I bought yesterday. I got ready after doing my hair and applied some mascara and a light colored lipstick. I did a winged liner on my eyes too. ( I literally struggled with it, how do other girls do it like it's no big deal?)

I went downstairs and Elle was already in the kitchen making breakfast.

"Good Morning El." I greeted.

"Morning Ari. Woah you're glowing." She replied happily.

"I just hope I don't mess up anything on my first day with my a..anxiety issues." I spoke.

"I'll just advice you not to stress and rest everything will be good." She said reassuringly.

"Yeah and thanks for the breakfast." I said and she smiled at me.

"Oh how's your hand though?" She asked serving the breakfast.

"Better than yesterday. It'll heal soon." I said looking at my hand. Though it still hurts but it's nothing that I can't handle.

"Good." She spoke and sat on a chair besides me.

We ate our breakfast and left for the office. I was relieved that Elle was by my side. It kind of relaxed my racing thoughts.
When we reached the office building, Elle left for her cabin and the receptionist showed me my cabin. At first, I was really shocked that I was given my own cabin but I guess it's casual when you work at the topmost company of USA. And it goes without saying that the office looked astounding.

After admiring everything closely in my workspace for 5 minutes I grabbed the project file from the book shelf and read all the details. I got to know that the project I am going to work on is for some European clients.

I have a meeting with my teammates after lunch hours and I only know that I am working along with 2 architects and 1 interior designer on this project. I set an alarm for 10 minutes before the meeting so I don't get late.

Without wasting any time I pulled out my laptop from my handbag and started working on the basic layouts. I was engrossed in my work when I heard a knock on the door. The door opened and Elle and Miss Rose came in.

"Ready for lunch?" Elle asked.

"Uh yeah." I replied.

"Hey, is your hand okay now? And I am sorry again." Miss Rose asked.

"Oh yes, it's good Miss Rose and please don't be sorry." I replied smiling.

"Please call me Samantha, I get enough dose of Miss Rose in this office." She spoke in a dramatic tone.

"Only if you won't apologize again." I chuckled.

"Sure." She laughed.

"Now hurry up we both are starving." Elle said pointing her finger towards Samantha.

I closed my laptop and grabbed my wallet from the bag. We went to a restaurant nearby. I ordered a hamburger and fries for myself and both of them ordered different pizza's.

"Um...I didn't know that you two are friends." I started the conversation.

"Yeah she was the one who directed me towards the interview room on my interview day." Elle spoke.

"Also I was the one who helped her get up when she tripped in her sky high heels on her first day. Since then we've been friends."
Samantha laughed and I joined her too.

"Of course she did but after laughing for 5 minutes straight." Elle gave her a look.
"But that was so embarrassing. Thankfully nobody saw it other than that receptionist."
She continued and we all laughed.

"Tell me something about yourself Arinya, any boyfriend." Samantha asked out of the blue and I nearly choked on water.

"N..no." I replied and started eating my fries.

"You're so damn pretty and you don't have a boyfriend. That's hard to believe." She said shockingly. 

"By the way, our boss was being all caring for someone yesterday..." Samantha spoke and I first looked at Elle and then at Samantha in confusion.

"Uh yeah, A: he specially called me in his office to apologize to you and B: he was caring about you ahmm.. your hand the way he never does for anybody other than his family and friends. He is always in that arrogant-boss zone but yesterday it was all different..."
She said emphasizing on every word. I could feel heat crawling on my cheeks. I just shook my head not knowing what to say. I took a sip of my water to calm myself.

"Oh my god really... Ari you don't tell me that." Elle spoke.

"Umm..." I tried to say something but nothing came out of my mouth and both of them smirked.

"Oh Ari, you know John is in your team for your first project." Elle spoke excitedly changing the subject.
John Smith is Elle's boyfriend. They are dating for 2 months now. I haven't ever met him personally but Elle has shown me some of their pictures together. They look really cute together.

"O..ooh really, that's nice. How do you know? " I smiled at her. 

"Sharon Wilson, the project head told me this morning." She replied.

We talked about random things for the rest of the time. I realised that Samantha is cheerful and bubbly. Though I am super socially awkward but it was good to know her.

After lunch we went back to the office. I reached my cabin and resumed working on some designs. My alarm went off reminding me about the meeting. I sighed dramatically and I stood up from the chair. I grabbed my laptop and headed towards meeting room.
When I reached there I saw some familiar faces too, Mr Collins and John.  We all sat and  a lady entered. She kept her stuff on the desk and started speaking.

"Good afternoon everyone, I am Sharon Wilson and I am heading your team on this project." She spoke.

"As you all know you four will be working on the Europe project as a team and since Miss Young and Mr Collins are new here so I wanted to give you an introduction and instruct you a little on this project as well." She continued.

"So Mr. David Collins and Miss Josephine Thomas are head architects and Miss Arinya Young and Mr. John Smith are head designers on this project. I want you all to coordinate amongst yourself and make this project a success." She spoke.

I am internally quite nervous about working in a team, all thanks to my social anxiety.

Ari, show some professionalism. It's no war or something, it's just a project. Apart from that they don't even know who you are, so just relax.
I again gave myself a pep talk to calm my racing thoughts.

The meeting kept going for another 30 minutes where Miss Wilson instructed us about the project in detail. All of us exchanged our numbers for the work purpose and I headed back to my cabin. I completed my work for the day by 5:30 in the evening and called Elle to check if she was ready to leave or not. Few minutes later, we both left the office building and went back home.

After so many years, I think my life can change for good now...A hope for a better life.

___________________________________________
Thanks for reading.
Please Vote, Share & Comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.2M 966K 45
Ashton Miller was the richest, most powerful and sexiest man alive. Being a multimillionaire, he had everything he could have ever wanted; girls, car...
142K 5.4K 54
‼️UPDATES EVERY SATURDAY ‼️ - Maya Hayes, a billionaire who couldn't care less about Love. Hell, she didn't even believe in it. All she cared about...
248K 1.9K 6
Alison Smith escaped her oppressive past, leaving behind a home that felt like a dungeon. In the City of Light-New York City-Alison sought refuge, lo...
255K 12.8K 44
Ashton Sterling is the most elusive bachelor owner and CEO of the Sterling International Group of Hotels, Inc. based in London. He is the guest of ho...