π»π’Ύπ“ˆ 𝓁𝒾𝓉𝓉𝓁𝑒 𝑔𝒾𝓇𝓁

Av juliana_Rafik

Avery williams is an adorable and innocent four-year old girl. She used to be a very active kid but after wha... Mer

Author's note
synopsis
characters
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
thank you
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
Sorry
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty two
chapter twenty three
chapter twenty four
Epilogue
Thank you
Bonus chapter
bonus chapter 2
Detective readers!
Author's note

chapter nine

14.4K 432 69
Av juliana_Rafik

Darius POV

It has been 2 days since the accident. I called the ambulance immediately and once we were there, the hospital called her husband, Mr. Max Bennett.

Right now, Alicia and Jamie at the hospital, Alicia's husband is with them.

Alicia is in the intensive care and she is in a coma. Jamie was in a normal room, he has a broken arm and a few bruised ribs.He just has to take it easy.

I went into Avery's room to see her still sleeping peacefully.

I walked over to her and sat beside her and started to wake her softly.

"Wake up, baby, we have to go visit jamie's mother today." I said with a soft voice shaking her lightly.

She rubbed her eyes then looked at me with an adorable smile " Good morning, daddy."

"Good morning, baby girl." I said ruffling her hair.

"C'mon let's get food in that stomach of yours, little girl." I carried her on my hip walking down stairs.

When we entered the kitchen we found Mrs. Josephine making pancakes.

"Good morning, Mr. Darius, Good morning, Avery." Mrs. Josephine greeted us.

"Good morning, Mrs. Josephine." Replied Avery.

"Good morning." I replied with a smile.

"Would you like pancakes for breakfast" Mrs. Josephine asked us. I looked at avery waiting for her answer

"yes." She said with a big smile. I smiled at how adorable is her smile then nodded 'yes' to Mrs. Josephine.

Mrs. Josephine prepared two plates one for Avery with chocolate and strawberry Avery's favourite and one for me with maple syrup.

I took the plates from Mrs. Josephine and thanked her.

We ate our breakfast then I take Avery shower her and dressed her in a sweat pants and t-shirt as I think today is going to be a long day.

°°°°°°°

We are in front of the hospital. I am carrying Avery as she became more clingy since the accident.

"How can I help you ?" Asked the receptionist.

"I would like to know which rooms Mrs. Bennett and jamie Bennett are?" I asked her.

She searched for the names at the computer then looked at me after a few seconds.

"Room 314 and 315, 3rd floor." I thanked her then went to the elevator with Avery still in my arms, I clicked the 3rd floor.

I started searching for their rooms once we reached the 3rd floor.

306...308...310...312...314 here it is and 315 is opposite to it.

When we entered the room we found jamie sitting at the bed with a pouty face and Mr. Bennett sitting at a chair next to the bed.

"Good morning." I greeted them putting Avery on her feet.
"Good morning." Replied Mr. Bennett.

"Why are you sad jamie." I heard Avery ask Jamie with a concerned face.

"My arm hurts." Replied Jamie furrowing his eyebrows.

I looked beside me to find Avery struggling to get on the bed so I helped her.

"Be careful, Avery. Jamie is still tired."

"Okay daddy" She said and then looked at Jamie to see him frowning "Don't be sad, jamie, If I kiss it will it make it better?"

He blushed and looked down at his lap shrugging.

Avery kissed his forearm which was wrapped in a cast and then looked at him with those innocent eyes, wondering.

"Is it better, now?" He nodded, smiling.

"I have to go see mommy, but I'll come soon, okay?" Max said going over to Jamie giving him a kiss on the forehead.

"Okay, Daddy." Jamie told Max before continuing to talk with Avery.

I left the room behind Max to ask him about Alicia.

"what did the doctor say about Alicia?" I asked Max as I closed the door of Jamie's room.

"She is in a coma and the doctors don't know when she will wake up or if she will wake up." He said tearing up a bit.

"I hope she gets bette-" I was cut off by the sound of beeping stopping and replaced by the sound of flat lining.

My eyes widened as the sound came from Alicia's room.

"No." I heard Max mumble.

All that happened next went in a blur, the doctors came rushing to her room and tried to revive her.

The doctor came out of the room with a frown.

"I am so sorry, we did all we can but we couldn't save her." The doctor said and then left.

She didn't make it.

"No! This is a nightmare, it can't be reality. I can't live without her. How can I live without the love of my life?! What am I gonna tell Jamie?! How will he grow up without his mother?! What am I supposed to do?! What should I do?!" He yelled sobbing and I tried to comfort him but it didn't do anything, she was the love of his life.

°°°°°°

After a while, he was able to stop crying and he decided to tell Jamie.

I entered Jamie's room after Max to see that Avery and Jamie were cuddling.

"Jamie?" Max called him

"Yes, daddy. Did mommy wake up?" Jamie asked him innocently.

At the mention of Alicia, a tear slipped from Max's face.

"About that." He said sniffling," Mommy couldn't make it, buddy."

He was about to sob again so I took him quickly out of the room so the crying wouldn't affect Jamie and make him cry harder.

Avery POV

Jamie was crying so I hugged him hard, his mommy died and I know he loved her so much.

I was so sad, I know how it feels to lose someone you love.

"You know, Jamie? She is watching over you now, so she is still with you."

"But she isn't going to sing to me when I am sad and she won't tuck me in bed at night and play with my hair to make me fall asleep faster. I already miss how she would tickle me to make me laugh. I miss her so much and now I won't be able to see her again." He sobbed harder and harder and I hardly heard him because of how much he was sniffling and hiccuping.

I didn't know what to say so I just hugged him tighter, daddy said that crying is healthy so I let him cry and just patted his back.

Darius POV

It has been a long hectic day. It was 6:00 pm and Jamie was still sad and wanted Max so I took Avery so as to leave Jamie and Max alone.

When I entered they were both crying and once I picked Avery she wouldn't let go of me and that's why I was still in the parking lot of the hospital in front of the car waiting for the driver to come as I can't drive with Avery on my lap and she wouldn't let me sit her in her car seat.

When the driver came I sat at the back seat with Avery on my lap and since she can't keep her arms around my neck, she hid her face in my chest. I kept rubbing her back softly.

Once we got home I carried her inside the house and tried to make her eat anything.

"Baby, please eat anything, maybe some Mac'n cheese." I tried to persuade her as she love Mac'n cheese.

She felt her shake her head as she is still hiding her face in my neck.

"Baby, how about some ice cream?" I staring to sound desperate. I heard her mumble a 'no'.

I don't know what to do, so I changed her and tried to put her in bed but she wouldn't let go.

"Sleep with you, daddy." She said quietly.

I sighed but took her into my room anyway.

I changed quickly and tried to ask her what was wrong but she wouldn't answer.

I tucked her in the bed with me and she was clutching my shirt tightly as she slept.

°°°°°°

I woke up to the sound of crying to see Avery crying and flailing her arms in her sleep. She is having a nightmare.

I shook her lightly trying not to startle her but also trying to wake her up.

"Hey, baby. Wake up, it's okay, you're okay."

Her eyes snapped open as she woke up looking terrified.

"Hey, it's okay, Ave." Once she saw me she held onto me so hard and kept crying and sobbing.

"Daddy..." She wailed.

"Hey, what's wrong? Why are you crying?" I asked her quietly.

"I miss Riley."

"Who is Riley, baby?" I asked her even though I know who Riley is.

"My sister."

"What happened to her?"

"Died." She said and when I asked her any more questions she wouldn't answer so I stopped asking.

°°°°°°

Leonard POV (the next day)

I am on my way to the adoption center right now.

I arrived to the adoption center, when I entered I saw Miss Jessica.

"Good morning." I greeted.

"Good morning, sir. How can I help you?" She asked.

"I would like to adopt Amelia."

Fortsett Γ₯ les

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...