Arknights: Resolution [On Pau...

By Yokai-San1

The Conflict between Rhodes Island and The Reunion raged on for years, but things begin to settle down a bit... More

Chapter 1: After Work
Chapter 2: Lupo Mischief
Chapter 3: Strange encounter.
Chapter 4: In Treatment
Chapter 5: Arrival
Chapter 6: New Management
Chapter 7: Rescue
Chapter 8: Changes
Chapter 9: Info on Silencers
{Extra}
Chapter 10: Unknown Ally
Chapter 11: Repair for Kal'tsit
Chapter 12: Kal'tsit's Apology
Chapter 14: Personality Change
Chapter 15: Tragic Escape
Chapter 16: Long...painful journey
Chapter 17: Another patient
Chapter 18: Tracked
Chapter 19: Should she stay? or go?

Chapter 20: Others on the run

471 14 0
By Yokai-San1

{Skull shatterer}

A week ago, Former Foot soldier Ako ran away after witnessing her best friend die. Yep of course, their plan was revealed. We don't know if she's alive or dead. Ako was a smart person although she liked to act dumb and clueless...but then again, I suppose she had a legit reason for it and Boss hung former Footsoldier Yumi's Corpse right smack dab in the middle of the main room as an example of what happens when someone defies the Reunion. Two days after Ako ran away, The living conditions got too bad for even me. A few of my friends thought the same...so we decided it was our turn. We couldn't bail out the same way Ako did, considering Shale and Mephisto Collapsed the tunnel.

I spent a week stalking out the Garage. I drew up a chart of who would keep watch over them and I came up with a plan. Every night, the pattern seemed solid. They would have one or two people walking around and guarding the cars. the shifts would last two full hours. the guards would leave the room and two others would come in their place five minutes later. it was a long gap, but not enough for me to pick an escape car, jimmy the door open, hotwire it and get everyone in. However, at midnight, There was a 30 minute gap for their lunch break.

I woke up in my assigned room, which was Ako and Yumi's old room. I coughed a few times due to dust lingering on the old rotten floor. I got up, put on my jacket, and put my mask on. Carefully, I crept to the door and opened it. I looked both ways to see an empty, dank hallway, once I was satisfied that no one would be coming to check on me, I shut my lockless door and hurried over to the window. I pulled it open and looked down below....35 feet from the ground I looked up 15 feet ahead, Crownslayer had her window open as I had instructed. I could take the stairs, with 70% chance of being seen. or take the window, with a 0% chance of being seen and 60% chance of falling and landing on the spikes down below. Fuck it, my plan would probably fail anyway tonight. 

I grabbed onto the lead pipe that ran up the building near my window and began to slowly climb up it. Steadily and slowly, This pipe was very unstable and it lightly rattled against the loose braces that held it. I jumped the last couple of inches and slowly pulled myself into the room. Already my muscles were aching from the climb.

I looked around the room that was completely empty except for a old rickety bed with Crownslayer on it, asleep and snoring soundly. I took off my mask.

I was expecting her to be awake at least.

"Hey, Kanna, wake up." I said, calling her by name. She didn't stir.

"Kanna." I said again, shaking her shoulder.I called her name a bit louder, nothing

"Whatever....This will wake you up nicely." I grabbed a nearby towel, wound it up and snapped it on her butt. 

She yelped and bolted upright. I wasn't worried by noise since Crownslayer was the only person alive in her squad and she was the only person on the 30th floor.

"Ow! Misha! You're such an ass!" She said.

"Well I only called your name seven times. C'mon, it's midnight. you want to get out of here or what?"

"Yeah...let me get dressed first."

 "Ight, I'll wait for you outside."

I never knew why, but She always slept half naked...I could see why in this hot temperature but when A Reunion member wakes someone up, they don't knock on the door they walk in and physically wake you up. I couldn't do that knowing that someone would see me with no shirt on the next morning, that would be completely embarrassing. She came out minuites later, mask on, hood on.

"Alright let's get the hell outta here." She said.

I put my mask back on.

"Alright, follow me."

{Time skip...sneaking to garage}

It took some time to get to the garage. Thankfully, everyone was asleep. There were only a few guards wandering around, but it has been too long already. We needed to get out of here before someone realizes we are not in our rooms.

Just as expected, no one was here and it was 12:05 sharp. More than enough time. There were several cars in the garage. Compact cars, trucks, SUVs.

"Let's take this one.'' I said, choosing a Jeep. I began to pry the door open.

"Get it started, I'll be right back." Said Crownslayer.

"What are you going to do, we need to go!"

"It's important! just get the car running." She left.

"Kanna! Damnit you're going to get us caught." I opened the door and started opened the space under the steering wheel. I looked in looking for the right wires. one red...good and I looked around for the blue... I found it and twisted both of them together and the car started loudly, making me wince at the noise....someone would definately hear it. Crownslayer came running back in and yanked the door open and Jumped in.

'Cmon! go!"

"What did you do?!"

"GO! ill explain later! someone is--"

She was interrupted by a loud roar of a machiene gun. someone found out and was spraying bullets everywhere instead of aiming properly. I jumped in and a bulled hit my calf as I did

"OW! Shit!"

"Are you okay?!?!"

"That was my left leg! I can Still drive!"

The alarm went off and the rear window exploded as bullets tore into the jeep.

"C'Mon Misha! Smash it!!!!"

I floored accelerator and the jeep launched forward and Rammed the main door open. People were already outside and Opened fire on us. Crownslayer ducked her head under the dash. The main gates were up ahead and I headed that way, running over the line of Reunion members on my way.

"No going back now.." I muttered. More troops poured out of the warehouse and sprayed the jeep with bullets. I ducked my head down, barely able to see where I was going. The sound of gunfire and metal piercing metal filled my ears, bullets zipped overhead. I felt another bullet bite my hip and I winced at the sudden pain. Crownslayer took one to the Wrist

"Nnngh! Ow! this jeep ain't gonna take any more hits!''

I turned the wheel sharply and the wheels caught it's grip on the asphalt.

Crownslayer pulled out a remote.

"Good thing I found W's old stash!" she hit the red button and the garage erupted in a mini mushroom cloud of fire. The entire warehouse shuddered from the shockwave. I rammed the gate and sped up ahead into the night. we poked our heads up again and slightly relaxed. 

"Damn...we actually did it!" Said Crownslayer. she gave me a fist bump I focused on the road ahead. 

"What was that?" I asked.

"One of W's Uranium bombs, I snooped around her room after Big Bob shot her to death out in the desert...what a fuckin' prick...that was my friend right there..."

We continued down the road, I swerved off into a dirt road, Knowing that it would take us to the Countryside.

"Are you okay?" I asked, as Crownslayer ripped off her sleeves to use as bandages.

"I'm fine...bullets went through and you?"

"Yes... same thing..." I said. the adrenaline wore off and I groaned from the pain that erupted in my leg and hip.

"Really? you don't sound too good. you want me to drive?"

"It's okay..." I said. I focused on the road. Crownslayer looked up ahead.

"Sooo....What now?"

I considered it.

"I don't know...I think I burnt my bridges with Doctor Kazuma and Amiya." I said. of course, Rhodes Island was the first place that came o mind, only because they once protected me.

"Ya' think? they might shoot us on sight...especially me."

"yeah....Victoria?"

"Too many gangsters..."

"Okay....Kazimierz?"

"I got warrants there."

"how about...."

"Don't say the arctic regions. it may be safe there but I can't stand the cold..."

'We could try..." I didn't have to finish my sentence. Crownslayer knew who I  meant.

"Alright...We can try. I'm wearing a bullet vest though. I'm not tryin' to get shot to death."

"I can try to convince Amiya to trust me again."

"You do that...let's see..."

Crownslayer looked at the gas gauge.

"Well....Lungmen is pretty damn far. We'll see where we end up when the car runs out of gas. You going to be good driving?"

I nodded. 

"Okay then, I'm going to get some more sleep. I'm tired as all hell and My bullcrap missions have kept me up four nights straight."

She leaned her seat back and got as comfortable as she could.

"Wake me up if something goes wrong."

"I will."

I kept driving on the road, knowing That it may take us to Lungmen. I was very nervous about going back to them for help but who else would help us?

I can only hope that I didn't mess up too badly

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 36 11
"You didn't give up before, so why are you giving up now, right after getting him back?" A virus has spread to the Virtual Singer, Hatsune Miku. It t...
7.2K 196 26
Visitors from Terra / Part II ------- It had been half a year since Amiya and her friends had left Earth. Everyone onboard Rhodes Island though that...
28K 739 26
When a rare epidemic spreads throughout Katolis and Xadia, everyone is caught off-guard with a disease with no cure- called Verum accumsan, causing y...
5 0 1
A man is quarantined from a viral pandemic, but he cannot escape the contagious fury of his lover's husband.