Aurora of the Phoenix (Book 1...

By NurainiSalleh

Teenage life is a rollercoaster ride, with school, crushes, and the social scene that can make you feel like... More

Chapter 1 The Prologue (Edited)
Chapter 2 New beginnings? (Edited)
Chapter 3 New Friends and First Crush?! (Edited)
Chapter 4 The Dream (Edited)
Chapter 5 We're Neighbours?? (Edited)
Chapter 6 WHAT IS GOING ON?? (Edited)
Chapter 7 They're Amazing, aren't they? (Edited)
Chapter 8 The Hangout (Edited)
Chapter 9 Life of Ryder Hunter (Edited)
Chapter 10 The Aftermath Part 1 (Edited)
Chapter 11 The Aftermath Part 2 (Edited)
Chapter 12 How times have changed (Edited)
Chapter 13 The Past of Ourselves Part 1 (Edited)
Chapter 14 The Past of Ourselves Part 2 (Edited)
Chapter 15 Meet the Hunters (Edited)
Chapter 16 The Swimming Pool (Edited)
Chapter 17 Birthday Part 1 (Edited)
Chapter 18 The Birthday (Edited)
Chapter 19 Changes (Edited)
Chapter 20 Powers, the truth, and pets (Edited)
Chapter 21 Rosaleen, Abilities and Identity (Edited)
Chapter 22 The Past and Pets (Edited)
Chapter 23 Teachers, swimsuits and theft? (Edited)
Chapter 24 swimming lessons and bullies from the past (Edited)
Chapter 25 The magic, the queen, and presents! (Edited)
Chapter 26 The Family Book (Edited)
Chapter 27 The First Queen of the Mythical Realm Part 1 (Edited)
Chapter 28 The First Queen of the Mythical Realm Part 2 (Edited)
Chapter 29 The First Queen of the Mythical Realm Part 3 (Edited)
Chapter 30 The Confrontation (Edited)
Chapter 32 The daily life of the Rossi boys Part 1(Edited)
Chapter 33 The daily life of the Rossi boys Part 2(Edited)
Chapter 34 The daily life of the Rossi boys Part 3 (Edited)
Chapter 35 Back to School (Edited)
Chapter 36 The Burning Feeling (Edited)
Chapter 37 The Fire (Edited)
Chapter 38 The Pain
Chapter 39 The realised Truth
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55

Chapter 31 Family (Edited)

49 4 10
By NurainiSalleh

Aurora's Pov

'Oh no' is what was written on all our faces. Mom and dad saw me floating up in the air, I held Josh's shoulders to balance myself down and landed carefully on the floor.

There was a very long awkward silence."Oh my goodness!" Mom said while she covered her mouth in shock. " How? How? I can't believe that you..." she pointed at me while shivering and stuttering.

Josh stepped forward. "Mom, we can explain."

" I just can't anymore" we were all scared of what she meant by that.

*Is mom going to leave us knowing what we can do, what we are? Or maybe both of them are? Oh no! I don't want that! How can I fix this? This is all my fault! If i hadn't gone first*

"I- I- oh my baby is so special!" she hugged me." Not a lot of Mythix can do that especially when your abilities just started. Yeah, I know that it is a basic move to fly but I couldn't do that even when I have 14 years of experience under my belt." we were all shocked and our mouths were wide open.

"Mom? So you're a -" Nick pointed it out.

"Yes Nicky boy, I am a Mythix just like your sister" Mom hugged me tighter. Usually my mother had 2 sides, the understanding mom whom will always encourage you no matter what and the strict mom that would scold us if we do anything stupid. This side of her was different, she seemed more relieved and glad. She looked at me like I had graduated from high school or something.

*Was she waiting for this to happen, that we have abilities? How long has she been waiting?*

Mom pulled away from me and hugged my brothers tightly like she was choking them. Dad came nearer to me and patted my back, he seemed not shocked about this which made me question him but he beat me to it. "Dad -"

"No Auri, I have no abilities, only your mom has them. I am happy that you have them too, which explains the new look." he smiled at me and hugged me as well.

After the hug fest, mom told us to sit at the couch so they could explain to us what was going on." Okay kids, ummm..... I have no idea how to explain this, why don't you ask me questions." once she told us that, all of them except me asked.

"Okay eldest to youngest!" said dad.

"Okay, mom why didn't you tell us?" Josh asked in a serious voice, it looked like he was hurt that they didn't tell us.

"Well, Joshy. We wanted to tell you honestly we did, but we didn't want to complicate things" we all gave her the 'are you serious' look. "More than what has happened now, I am surprised that you all have kept this long as you did."

"Mom....." Nick told her.

"Right..... So when your father and I got married was the same time when your Uncle Toni and Aunt Isabella got married. Isabella and I knew that there was a 50/50 chance that our kids may or may not develop abilities of their own. So we kept it a secret and agreed to watch over you kids until you're a little bit older. By the time you kids turn 13-14 i kinda thought you all don't have any abilities and we were both completely fine with that."

"Wait, Aunty Isabella has powers too? She's a Mythix!"

"Well, she is way more than a Mythix, she was the Queen of the Mythical Land, well almost the Queen of Mythical Land"

"Queen Matilda's descendant?" I whisper.

"Yes! she is, so you guys know the history?" we all nodded.

"Wait , mom how long have you known? That we had abilities all of a sudden." Alex asked mom.

"Well when Aurora had those nightmares that she started to have, that also came with the fainting and the new look. It was all signs that her abilities has started and I wasn't sure so i asked Ai- I mean a friend of mine to help me figure it out."

"How?" I asked.

"We had Aiko here and she realised all your Symptoms and also a kind had a feeling that you had abilities. So I actually just want to confirm that Aurora has abilities and then she said that maybe all of my boys have abilities too ... well, it makes me happy." mom started to tear up. "All of you have abilities!...... it's just amazing. I know I said I was fine with you all not having abilities but some part of me wanted at least one of you to get your abilities from me. Just one.

"Awww mom, looks like you have all of your kids having abilities! Well, now my question. The Mythical Land, where is it?" Nick asked.

Mom wiped her tears away. "Oh, it's everywhere." we all looked at her weird. "Meaning, there is a portal to go to the Mythical Land. But i think you have to wait until you're ready before you enter."

"Why?!" we all asked her.

Mom and dad looked at each other nervously. "Kids, some people.....some Mythix or Mythical creatures i mean. They might not accept you"

"What do you mean they won't accept us? Why not?" i was confused.

She took a deep breath." Well, some Mythical creatures don't accept halfers into their inner circle." she told us.

"Halfers? What are halfers?" Josh asked curiously.

"Halfers are you kids." Dad continued. "Mythix that did not breed or be with their own kind. Meaning you could be half other creature, some frown on anyone mixing their races there too. It was difficult for your mom and me to get married if we didn't have connections to your Aunt Isabella."

"Wait, they're racist? They are against mixing races?" Alex asked furiously.

"Well-" dad was cut off by mom."

"Yes, they can be racist and it was so hard for many to marry their spouses without everyone judging them and harassing them about it." Mom said angrily, she stood up. "But luckily, your Aunt Isabella and her mom, i mean our mom made a decree that allows mixed races or should i say creatures to be together and marry when we got married." she said while holding dad's hand.

"Oh my goodness, this is terrible, so we might be harassed if we even step into the Mythical Land?"

"No Josh, you still are allowed to go there, it's where your ancestors lived. They cannot stop you"

"Oh my, wait? 'Oh mom?" do you and Aunt Isabella have the same mom?" I asked her.

"Not really, do you really want to hear the whole story, because i thought of buying groceries and coming back here."

"Please mom, you can go tomorrow. We have enough supply ''I said and we all give us our cute eyes, smiling at her.

"You know that will get old soon and it will lose its effect on me." she said while she chuckled.

"Oh well, James, sit down, we are not going anywhere today and call mom that we would not be going to the house today because we have to talk to the kids about their abilities, she knows about it too, kids" She said facing us and we were shocked that Abuela know too and Dad sat down at the chair next to mom and started calling Abuela for a while and then put down the call after he called Abuela.

"Do you really want to know the story? It's a long- well, not really long story, just say it's a bit lengthy.

"You just told us that you are a Mythix and lived in a Mythical Land. Plus somehow you and Aunt Isabella that we just found out about her just recently might be related or... it's kinda confusing mom." Said Josh

"Yeah, i feel like we are in a telenovela or something. Someone is related to someone, cliffhangers, it is confusing but interesting at the same time." I commented.

"Yeah mom, please tell us what you mean mom?" Alex told mom.

"Alright then, well it all started when i was just 8 years old-" suddenly the doorbell rang. "Who could this be?" Mom stood up and went towards the door and of course as nosy kids we tried to take a peek at who it was.

It was Stella, Ryder's mom, she seemed more agitated than usual. "Emily, we need to talk."

"Sure Stella what's wrong?" asked mom. Then Ryder's mom suddenly started sniffing and looked at us and we quickly went back to our seats.

"Can we talk outside, just for a while Emily." Mom nodded, took her coat and went outside to talk to Ryder's mom. We all just sat there wondering what was going on.

Emily's POV

It was cold out and I didn't understand why Stella seemed so nervous and upset for some reason. "Okay what is going on Stella?"

"Well, I went back home to the Mythical Land and found out something from the other leaders. They said that they overheard Rebecca, i mean Queen Rebecca that she said either Isabella or her daughter is alive!" Stella said

"That- That can't be true! We haven't heard from her in years, there were no traces of her anywhere, no one could find her!" I told Stella.

She started pacing. "But- But they didn't find her body, there was no evidence she is or isn't alive. I just wanted to tell you that and I know that you don't want to get your hopes up but if there is even a chance Isabella is alive or even her daughter..... We need you to lead the search again." I looked at her with wide eyes.

"NO! I just can't face Mother- I mean Queen Eleanor, oh i don't know what to call her now.'' I started to move away from her and she pulled me back.

"It's mother, she is your mother! I know you don't want to go back to the other realm because you don't want to face her. She still loves you, especially Your father, her husband! remember? He missed you alot too. Okay what about this, if Queen Rebecca announced that Isabella is alive please come back home and bring your kids! They would love to finally meet them!" she said while holding my shoulders tightly to face her.

We heard footsteps coming towards us and it was Andy. "I see aging doesn't stop your persistent side at all"

She nudged Andy on the arm. "I am convincing her to do the right thing."

"Yeah sure, just give her time, Stella and did you tell her what you told me?" Asked Andy facing her.

She looked at him confused. "What? Oh that! Okay, don't be alarm but during the early winter break I went back to the house because some of the kids left their favourite toys. And if they don't get their toys, they are going to freak out and I tried to give them my phone but it didn't work on them so..."

"Baby, please get to the point." Said Andy while rubbing his forehead.

"Right, so.... Aurora has-"

"Abilities I know" I cutted her off.

"How did you know?"

Well i kinda realise only a month or and I also found out the boys had them too and today i saw her flying around the house which is amazing!" I exclaimed while they looked shocked. "But how did you know?"

"I ...came back home and saw she was using her abilities and wait a second....." Stella tried to process everything. "The boys have ilitiesab too? That's great, I know that is what you always wanted. I am so happy for you!" she hugged me.

"Yeah, we were actually talking about my childhood,living with Isabelle and all that."

"Oh can i come in-" Stella asked until Andy pulled her aside.

"We will be on our way now, Stella baby, no. This is their family, she will tell them and i think knowing their mom is a Mythix is already too much to process. Bye Emily" Andy said while holding Stella's hand and pulling her back to the house.

"Bye Emily!!! Good Luck!" she waved at me and I waved back.

I went inside the house and once i did, i realised something i have to tell them about everything. About being an orphan and being thrown into orphanages.

*Is this even a good idea to tell them the things i have done or about what i am? Should i just save it for another day, i could always tell them that i also need to process everything that happened as well maybe i can. I just don't want to remember my life in the orphanage*

"Emily? Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, Stella just wanted to tell me about their winter break, and she found out that our kids have abilities." I said.

"She knows too and also Andy?" James asked and I nodded.

James POV

I saw that Emily doesn't look like she is feeling so good.

I saw her holding her head, that means she is over thinking about something. "Kids, what about you mom tell you the story another day? She's not feeling well" i said

Emily snapped her head and looked at me. The kids saw their mom and they knew that she was over thinking as well, she has done it before. Aurora has done that too, they both will get quiet when they over think.

"It's okay mom, when you're ready you can tell us and we will love to hear it. Just take care." said Josh and the rest followed. They all hugged their mom and went up the stairs but Aurora went back down.

"Mom, I know this is a bad time but about my parents? Do they live in the Mythical Land? And if they do, can I see them?" she asked and there it was the question that breaks our hearts but we can't get mad at.

Emily stood up. "I think so princess, and if we can find them or any records of them. We will tell you." she said hugging our sweet daughter in her arms.

"Thanks Mom, I love you! We will always be here for you." She hugged Emily back and when they released from the hug, she went back to her room.

"Emily? Are you okay?" I asked her while rubbing her back.

She stood up, started pacing and holding her head. "I don't know anymore, why am I stressed about telling my story? It's just my childhood but i didn't have a good childhood, i spent most of my childhood in an orphanage for goodness sake!" she explained.

"Yeah, i know that you told me when we started hanging out but that never bothered you that much before. There is something else wrong, isn't there." I started to whisper. "Stella didn't tell only tell you about our kids abilities, didn't she? What did she actually said."

She looked back at me and she knows that she can't hide anything from me. "Okay" she sat down next to me and whispered so the kids wouldn't hear. "There was a rumour among the leaders that Isabelle or her daughter might be alive."

"What?!"

"That's what i said!" she shouted but continued to whisper.

"There were no traces of her, so I don't know Emily. I don't want you to get heartbroken again. Let me think, she wants you to lead the troops and investigate this again." i said and she nodded her head without looking me in the eye.

"Well, what do you think? Do you want to do it?"

"Yes, I mean No. I mean if there was a chance that she might be alive, I have so many questions to ask her." she started to tear up but quickly wiped her tears away. "I'll do it but ..... When Rebecca announces that there is a possibility of Isabella or her daughter surviving, then i will resume the search again but that would mean that i would coming home late for a while." she explained.

"Yeah, i know." i said but she was still looking sad. "Well this is a switcheroo, usually i am the one that says that." I saw her look at me smiling again. I held her face and said "Everything is going to be okay, whatever you decide to choose, we will be there for you."

"Such a copycat, that is exactly what Toni said to Isabella when she was beside herself about being Queen." she said.

"Well, what can i say. We're brothers, that is why both of you fell for the Rossi charm."

She scoffed. "Whatever," she said. "Okay since we are not telling the kids about my childhood you still want to get the groceries?" she asked me.

"Sure," I said and she handed me the car keys and the shopping list.

"Good, you can get everything on that list and keep the receipt." she told me while going up the stairs.

"Wait, what?"

"Yeah and also maybe you can use that Rossi charm to get us a discount with the cashier." she said while her voice was getting faint the more she went up the stairs.

* She's good !. and I love her for it* I thought to myself while taking my coat going out to the store. When I reached the driveway I looked behind to see the house.

*My family, a Mythical Family. I was hoping this day might come.*

The other side of town

While this was happening, the girls from Aurora's school had something up their sleeves. Just say social media is a powerful thing to possess, especially in the wrong hands.

"Oh! She already has Ryder wrapped around her little finger by the way he looks at her everyday in class, Now Liam!? You have got to be kidding me!" said Heather stomping around in her room with her friends.

" I don't know what they see in her? She is pretty average to me. Well, now that she is hanging out with Ryder's crew, most people actually noticed her as the girl that has Ryder's attention." said Kaycee, one of Heather's friends. "What do you think Felicia?" Felicia didn't respond.

"Felicia? Felicia Lee! Are you hearing us?" shouted Heather.

"What?!" Felica took out her earbuds and looked at them annoyed.

"We were talking about the new girl Aurora that has been hanging out with Ryder." Kaycee explained.

"Even though I wasn't listening to you guys but I was busy getting some information, besides that video you took kaycee. I heard that some of the girls that adores Liam took a pic of her in a bathing suit at school." Felicia said in disgust.

" I got an idea! what about we post this online, like in a blog or the school's gossip site?" Heather asked them.

"Oooo I say we should choose the school's gossip site, that would teach her a lesson to not mess with us!" Says Kaycee. "Right Felicia?"

Felicia's eyes widened when looking at her screen but eventually turned into a mischevious smile. "I think both of you gotta see this" she showed them a picture. It was a picture of Aurora and Liam hugging and notice something.

"Wait, did she dye her hair? Why does she look familiar? She doesn't look like the one to change her hair colour. Especially with a bold colour like that" Says Kaycee.

"Who cares? We need to get this girl out of Ryder's life or better yet, out of this town!" yelled Heather. Her friends just nodded their head and agreed with her. "We just need to ruin her rep and she will be too embarrassed to come to school.

After that, they went to their school's gossip site and put the photos and videos they had with them and posted it in there and put : #Twotimer#Shameless on her laptop. Once it was posted, the views and comments came flowing in and each time, there were comments in there that were meaner than the post itself which the girls acknowledged and were smiling at.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35K 665 38
Aurora Lopez had the intentions and goals of starting new, and having a normal life. She was met with difficulties along the way, and one of those di...
873 119 53
Ronnie thought nothing could go wrong in her life until her family disappears one day and her life starts to spiral downwards. To be able to survive...
14.6K 1.4K 45
đź“–Featured by @adultfiction on "Kills and Thrills" reading listđź“– Previously known as "Undercover: Fake Identity" *** "What are you running away from...
8.2K 827 48
Evie is haunted by her past, and so tangled up with her best friend and room mate she isn't even sure she remembers how to be an independent person a...