Married to The Job

By itsandreasachs

#WATTYS2020 Working for years in the Blue House as a staff in the crisis management department, Son Yejin kne... More

Prologue : The Wed Job
Amethyst
State Banquet
Bewildered
Testing the Waters
Kissing The Bride
Lago di Como
Bath Bombs
Safety Net
Vulnerable
The Revelers
Gentlemen's Enigma
Long Awaited (7th)
Bliss
Family Tree
On Edge
When The Chips Are Down
Ace in The Hole
Bon Voyage!
Face-Down Blackjack
Granada and The Council
Perfect Storm
Star Crossed
The Elevation Between Us
No Rush, Slow Touch
Indecisive
The Shopwoman
Gallivanting
Sweet Nothing
Recipe for Disaster
Without a Backward Glance
Epilogue : The Next Job
Wattys2020

Illusion of Truth

3.4K 218 70
By itsandreasachs

Hyun Bin POV

"Shit! Why the PSS agents are still in front of this room? I want to move out! I have something to do before bed." Son Yejin peeked outside the bedroom door and stormed back in, protested to me.

Her cheeks were flushed red. She has changed into a night silk gown. Still covered in a silk robe, but I can saw her curves, threatening me to undone the tie.

I sat on my bed, pretended to ignore her but holding my chuckles.

"Mr. Hyun, have you told them to wait outside the living room?"

"I have not. What are you going to do before bed, that you have to rush to the other room?"

"I have work to do, I have to prepare my self for tomorrow's media interview. I haven't check Mr.Park's feedback for my story."

"Story?"

"Yes, I made up a story about us. You have to read it too before the interview so our answer will be matched."

"I'd rather shut my mouth then, you are better at this. You can work here on the couch."

"You're so weird. You wanted to push me out so bad at the dinner and now you're keeping me here. You know I'm not here to be the substitute for your night companion. What is wrong with you, Sir." she mumbled.

"By the way, Miss Son, I haven't told you about the rule of this bedroom. This is my bedroom, I rule here. You will obey me here."

"What's the rule here?"

"No lie. We will play and pretend to the whole world outside this room, you can tell lies about us all the way you want outside but here, you won't lie any single thing to me. If you were happy or unhappy about something tell me here."

"Is that all?"

"Yep. Sounds easy but for someone who's creating lies for a living like you, that might be a trouble."

"I'm not lying to live. I am maintaining your family's image by brushing off some facts from the public. Now give me some peace, I need to work."

Sitting on the couch with the laptop on her lap, she put on her reading glasses and started to type. I paid attention to her. She was really pretty. She sat crossing her legs, and from that position, I can see her long legs between her robe. That act was nothing compared to what I saw on other girls I used to bring here. They would instantly undress and ready to be taken on the bed but Miss Son...looked different. No girl ever rejected me in this bedroom. Even looking at her legs and curves under her robes has made me uncomfortable down there.

"What? Stop drooling, Mr. Hyun."

"Why? Distracted?"

She glanced at me and back to her screen. Minutes later, she closed her laptop and put it on the table.

"I'm going to sleep. Please, ask the PSS agents to move out from the living room, Sir, or I will walk out that door and directly go to the other room, let them witness it. Mrs. President would not be happy if she finds out."

"Not now. Tell me the script for tomorrow."

"Oh. So we have been dating for a year, secretly, and you have proposed to me last week during our holiday in Athens, and-"

"Why Athens?"

"You were in Athens last week, got caught on a wild rave party, remember? my department made a story that you were only invited by a friend without knowing about the wild part of the rave party before. I was there too, dealing with the party-goers who took your picture. Time would be matching, and it would sound better if you were in Athens with your fiance, not some random girl. May I continue?"

"Yes, please."

"I will not cover my real identity and occupation, I am what I am, and we have known each other for years through the estate events. Related to your casual hook up relationships for last year, I will deny it all, like what I have stated for you during these years. That every rumor were just rumors, that we have been together but hiding it from the public. Is there anything you want to ask related to this?"

"Nope. That's simple."

"As honest as it can be, except the parts for have been dating for a year and have proposed to me in Athens. One more thing, tomorrow we will sign a statement that I will not ask for any marital assets and affected by any marital liabilities when we divorce, and if I accidentally get pregnant in this marriage which is impossible, I will keep the identity of the father as a secret, that the child will have my surname and will not be linked to you and will not inherit your assets. The child will be my own responsibility."

"Good. So you better not fall in love with me during this assignment."

"I will not, even with my real relationships, I kept it at a comfortable distance, let alone with the fake one like this. You should say it to your self, Sir. Do not fall in love with me."

"Impossible."

"Excuse me, Mr. Hyun, I'm done here. I want to sleep in the other bedroom. Please, ask the agents out."

"Fine." I got up from the bed and opened the door.

There were two agents waiting outside the door. One of them was Youngjae. I wanted to play a little stunt just to see how he will react.

"Gentlemen, can you move outside the living room? I want to have the living room for my self."

"I am sorry Sir, the protocols aren't allowing us to."

"But I want to have some private time with my fiance here in the living room. You know, trying a different area, she's kinda bored to do it in the bedroom when we were still a secret. That now we have going public, then you guys should understand that."

Youngjae's face was reddened, of jealousy, I guessed.

"It would be just a quickie. She doesn't want any spectator, of course."

"But there are CCTV cameras here, and we can't turn it off."

Shit. I forgot about it.  Can't use that excuse. But suddenly she walked passed through me.

"Gentlemen, me and my fiance have decided to sleep separately until the wedding day comes, in case you're curious. I'll stay in the other room, one of you may want to take place in front of my door, excuse me."

Without waiting for any reaction from the agents, she walked straight to the bedroom across mine and closed it.

I immediately chased her in.

"What was that? I just told them we're going to need privacy then you said you want to sleep separately? That was against my words."

"You made me sounds so low, by saying that I was going to do a quickie in the living room. Please, Mr. Hyun, if you want to make an excuse, choose a classy one, or just tell the truth."

"You've asked me to kick them out so you can move here without anyone knowing, but then you were the one who made an announcement. Whatever. You're so troublesome. Like I will touch you or what if you sleep in my room. Do you think you're that attractive? Please, Miss Son. I have a long list of pretty girls who beg to share the bed with me."

She didn't reply but pulled the blanket over her. "You're such a troublesome, Miss Son, " I spat and left the room.

The next morning, I was ready to face the world with this little stunt my parents forced to. I was about to knock on her bedroom door when the door suddenly swung open from inside by Choi Youngjae.

He did not say anything to me but walked out passing through me. He didn't wear any earphone and his tie were undone, so he was off duty. I asked an agent who stood next to her door.

"What time Youngjae's shift was over?"

"Last night, at 11 PM, Sir."

"When did he come inside here?"

"I'm sorry I didn't know, Sir. I was just being asked here twenty minutes ago."

I opened the door and saw her inside already have her looks done.

"What did loverboy do here?"

"What? We're just talking."

"Really? Then why he looks like he has just-"

"Oh! Mr. Hyun, I am sorry, I will go out of here soon." her makeup artist comes out of the bathroom and quickly rushed out.

"What?" She asked.

"Oh, I thought there were only you and him here."

"He was here talking with me when I was getting my make up done. Don't accuse from what you saw on the surface. You're almost humiliating yourself in front of a beauty staff by accusing me and Youngjae has just done something you often do with your long list of pretty girls, aren't you? If you accuse me like that in front of anyone else, the shame was not only me but you too, for having that kind of womanizer reputation but your own fiance chose her own bodyguard over you? It will sound ugly, Sir."

"You too, behave. You can't sneak him here."

"What about you? Did you have fun with your girls last night?"

"You sound like a jealous girlfriend, Miss Son."

"Excuse me, Sir. I am not. Oh, I forgot. You can't sneak them in anymore as your father has made an announcement last night."

I didn't know what to say but I really pissed off with her words.

"You are such a-"

"Pain in the ass? I know. Let's go back being adults, Mr. Hyun, we have to face the world soon, everyone is waiting, as President Hyun has dropped the bomb ten minutes ago. The world has known that you're in love with me now. Shall we?"

"Do you hear yourself? Me? In love with you?"

"A world-class womanizer like you suddenly going to end his adventure and settle down with an ordinary staff like me? Oh, you must be head over heels in love with me."

I stepped closer and inched my face to hers.
"Whatever. Enjoy this while you can, Miss Son."

The interview went smoothly, she did most of the talking and all I did was nod to her answers. Her voice went cheerful but still calm like she was talking about a new blooming crush. Her body language too, sometimes she glanced at me with a shy smile.

At some moment I got carried away. I stared at her for a minute too long and circled my hand around her waist, as she was being touchy too, squeezed my hand, and put her hand on my thighs. I felt like she was really put her soul on this like this ain't a stunt but a natural thing to do. Maybe that's why she was so good at her job. She should take a job as an actress instead of being staff here.

Right after the interview, I saw her walking away from me for a couple of minutes and still on her phone, she sat next to me then nervously spoke.

"Mr. Hyun, I'm sorry but I'd like to ask for a minute or two for you to taking a video call from my parents, do you mind?"

"Your parents?"

"Yes, they don't know about that."

"Oh. Okay."

She gave me her phone, and I could see two happy faces there. My soon to be parents in law. I formally greeted them. Yejin leaned to my shoulder so her face would fit on screen.

"Mr. Son, Mrs. Son, I'm Hyun Bin. I'm-"

"Isn't he handsome, Mom?" Yejin cut me off.

"Hello, son. We never met before, didn't we? But I understand now why Yejin never brought you to our house. I got so shocked when the Blue House called us. For Yejin finally, has a boyfriend was surprising enough, let alone President Hyun called, asking our permission for his son to wed our daughter in the Blue House next week!" Her mom cheerfully greeted me and talked over the phone.

"Mrs. Son, it's an honor for us, especially me. I am sorry if she never told you before, my family's situation is unusual, and to keep the relationship as a secret, is purely only to keep you all especially her away from media."

"It's fine. We thought that she works too hard that she never has time to date! Surprise surprise, she dates the President's son!"

"It's not because who his father is, Mom. I love him as Hyun Bin, not the President's son." She squeezed my arm.

"I'm a very lucky man, Ma'am. She's amazing."

Her mother dominated the conversation while her father was quiet, but his look has changed from a happy face seeing his daughter to glaring at his soon to be son in law. It made me nervous somehow.

Why did I? What is wrong with me?

The last 24 hours I kept telling the same thing to everyone, that she was my fiance, that she was beautiful, that she was amazing, that I loved her... over and over again until I started to believe some of them.

That she was true, beautiful. That she was mine for real. That I felt a heating burn inside every time my head kept replaying to the memory of Choi Youngjae walked out of her bedroom. I started to get used to her presence, to call her babe, and to hold her hand in front of everyone.

I felt like I got carried away with these stunts, so to be parted from her, clearing out my head for a while should be good. I seriously couldn't fall for her for real.

After dinner, she followed me to my bedroom. I put on my coat while she came out from the closet in her nightgown, getting ready to bed.

"Are you going somewhere, Sir?"

I suddenly felt itchy with her calling me Sir. I was already comfortable with babe, even though it was only started yesterday.

"Yes. Feel free to use the bed. I am going to sleep outside."

"Outside? As...the living room?"

"Hotel. I'm going to meet someone there."

"Oh. Who?"

"That's none of your business, Miss Son."

"I understand. But I have to be able to answer for you in case something happened tonight."

"Just say I met an old friend. She's just happened to be here in Seoul and I wanted to see her."

"Oh. She. A woman." I heard her voice became hoarse. She walked to the bed and put a pillow on her lap.

"Yes. Why, Miss Son?"

"That would be pretty hard to explain with our current status. Just be careful, Mr. Hyun, don't get caught."

"I will. I will go straight to the hotel room for privacy."

Did she look...hurt? I wasn't sure but she just sat there on my bed and gripped the pillow, avoiding my gaze.

"I'll come back tomorrow morning before you wake up," I said to her as I pulled the doorknob to open it.

"Just...come back safely, Mr. Hyun."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4K 369 13
A collection of short fics inspired by prompts from CLOYnation's #SuitfitCupid A CLOY Valentines Challenge. *ctto of some pictures used
125K 6K 39
#WATTYS2020 An unforeseen encounter between flight attendant Son Yejin and a journalist Hyun Bin had led to an investigation of a scandal in the airl...
23.1K 1.8K 34
It is more than 20 years since Yoon Seri crash landed on Ri Jeong-hyeok and they have had everything they ever dreamed of: love, marriage, family and...
14.1K 712 18
Kim Tae Pyung, a marine sergeant, would escort his intelligent urban civil engineer sweetheart, Son Eon Jin on a daunting journey to execute the city...