Buried in Snow (Demon Slayer...

By Hirai_Shiori

Shiraishi Miyuki is the 10th Hashira of the Demon Slayer Corps. As a child, she was found by Ubuyashiki Kaga... More

Shiraishi Miyuki
Rays of the Sun: The Beginning
II: A Night to Remember
III: Blue Spider Lily
IV: Evacuate
V: Kissed By The Lilies
VI: The Name
VII: Buried Memories
VII: Buried Memories (part two)
VIII: One's Name
IX: Joint Mission
X: Wind and Ice
XI: A Child and The Descendant
XII: (Side Story) The Young Lord and The Errand Boy
XIII: The Ice Pillar's Return
XIV: Hot Seat
XV: Judgement
XVI: Enough
XVII: A Boy's Request
XVIII: Look Forward
XIX: Hot Spring
XII: (Side Story) The Young Lord and The Errand Boy (Part Two)

I: Mission and a Dinner

14K 335 87
By Hirai_Shiori

9 years later...

"I have a mission for you, Miyuki." Kagaya said after Miyuki arrived in his residences.

It surprised her a bit because her missions are usually sent by Shirayuki, her white crow. But today, Oyakata-sama has called her personally instead.

"Of course, Oyakata-sama. Please do tell..." She replied after paying her respects and took a seat in front of him.

"There has been continuous reports of raids at night in the Nanakusa Island, I want you to investigate on this matter."

It was a bit unsual.

Nanakusa Island is a far island to the north. These lands were known to be a medicinal plants reservoir, and the villagers here are mostly suppliers of medicines to the mainland.

It was neutral ground for government and for the corps.

The best option was probably to send Shinobu since she knows more about medicines and so Miyuki wondered why Oyakata-sama chose her instead.

But of course, she wouldn't want to ask.

Why would demons want to raid this place anyway? Miyuki thought.

"Numerous slayers, my children, have already been sent there and unfortunately there still haven't been a word from them. That's why I entrust this matter to a hashira." Kagaya said as his child then handed Miyuki a map, marked with circles where the several raids has been made.

It was a big island.

As Miyuki scanned through the map.

"Please return safely, my child. Your family will be waiting for your return." Kagaya said with a soothing voice and a sincere smile.

Miyuki smiled reassuringly to him and bowed once again.

Even though the man was almost blind, Miyuki can still feel his eyes looking inside of her with kindness, and it assured her.

"I will return, Oyakata-sama. I will continue to pray for your well-being even if I'm gone." She said as a farewell.

"One more thing..." Kagaya continued which made Miyuki stopped.

"I'd like you to search for someone in particular..."

Before Miyuki returned to her home and prepare for her mission, she took a turn to the butterfly estate to meet with the Insect Pillar, Kocho Shinobu.

"Miyuki-san, good afternoon! It's good to see you!" Shinobu greeted after Miyuki entered her lab.

"Nice to see you too, Shinobu-san! I just dropped by for Oyakata-sama's medicine. I'll leave for a mission tomorrow and others so..."

Only the highest ranks of the Demon Slayer Corps, the hashiras, and the Ubuyashiki family know of this matter...

Because of Miyuki's unique blood, it is currently being used as an ingredient to Ubuyashiki Kagaya's medicine.

A medicine that can slow down the progress of his disease which granted the master of being able to live much longer.

Her blood can be used as medicine, however, cannot be considered as a cure for his illness.

"How long do you think you'll be gone?" Shinobu said while gathering her syringes.

"I don't know..."

Shinobu mentally computed the amount of her blood needed as a reserve for the time span of "I don't know".

They don't really need much blood from her, just 2 mL is enough for a single vial that Oyakata-sama needed to take once a month.

"I think 20 mL would suffice..."

"Make it 50..." Miyuki said.

"Don't you have any plan on coming back, Miyuki? That's more than enough blood." Shinobu reasoned while inserting the needle to her.

"Just in case..." Miyuki whispered.

A job of a hashira always comes with danger. Even their deaths would come as normal if it were to happen.

For Miyuki, if such things were indeed to happen, she wanted to make sure Oyakata-sama would live longer at least.

"Don't think that way. You have to return...we don't want to lose you, you know?" Shinobu said with sadness in her eyes, despite of the smile she's been giving.

"Rengoku-san will be waiting for you too!" She added mischievously.

Miyuki's eyes widened from her remarks.

"S-Shinobu-san? We're close friends, Kyojurou and I..." She said after her breath hitched at the mention of the pillar.

Miyuki was closest with the Flame Pillar ever since, just like the Serpent Pillar is to the Love Pillar. Rengoku Kyojurou was her childhood friend.

He was her first friend after Oyakata-sama took her in; someone very dear to her, and also goes the same for him

"You're red, Miyuki-san..." Shinobu giggled which made Miyuki sighed defeatedly.

She haven't seen him for months after all since his mission.

Miyuki then returned back to her estate after her time with Shinobu. It was already afternoon when she arrived to her residence, greeted by her attendant in front of her mansion's gate.

"Welcome back, Miyuki-sama." The old lady bowed.

"You have a guest waiting in the garden. Shall I prepare a meal or dinner?"

Miyuki was curious on who visited her with such short notice. She doesn't really have much visitors and so she can only think that it was one of her fellow hashiras.

"No need. Tea is fine, Chiyo-baa. Also, please help me prepare for my things. Tomorrow, I'll leave for my mission." She proceeded to her estate's garden, with her attendant leaving towards the kitchen.

Taking a view outside her porch was a familiar bright man with blazing flame-like hair, just like his haori. He was sitting on the porch with his usual smile, talking to the Ice Pillar's crow which was on his arm.

"I see, Oyakata-sama gave her a mission. I'm late again, am I?" He said with amusement.

Shirayuki already informed Kyojurou about her mission before Miyuki could even talk. As expected with her crow, it was talkative whenever the Flame Pillar's around.

Speaking of...he's here.

"Kyojurou...you're back." Miyuki said calmly while giving a warm smile.

She was instantly greeted with an embrace as soon as they got closer to each other.

"I just got back from my mission. It's good to see you again, Yuki." Rengoku said eagerly while holding her in his arms.

Miyuki chuckled and returned his hug.

"What brings you here? How is Senjuro-kun?"

Rengoku looked at her with curious eyes as if she just said something weird.

"To see you, of course." He replied immediately without hesitation.

Miyuki stopped for a bit and watched him in daze. His answer caught her off guard but it was nothing to be surprise of. It was foolish for her to ask because they always see each other whenever they're done with their missions after all.

"R-Right..."

Rengoku laughed enthusiastically upon seeing her reaction.

Since Miyuki hardly lets her emotions stir up, it was such a sight seeing her like that. He found it endearing.

"Anyway, I've visited home before I went here. Senjuro also asked me how you are doing."

"Oh, how I missed him already! Unfortunately, I have to leave for tomorrow for a mission." She said, flashing an apologetic smile to Kyojurou.

The Fire Pillar was taken aback but still maintained his usual smile.

Their chances of spending time together rarely happened ever since they both became hashiras. If he were to go on a mission, Miyuki does not have one. If she does, he's on a break. It's just as if fate does not favor them.

Kyojurou shook her head and smiled once again to her.

There's no need for thoughts like that in his head, he thought. What matters now is that he got to see her again.

"Then, how about a dinner tonight? Senjuro's usual cooking is a feast, you should be there too."

Miyuki thought for a while.

She's done it before several times, eating at Kyojurou's house; however, that includes meeting his father as well. And for starters, Miyuki was still a bit nervous around the former Flame Pillar, Rengoku Shinjuro.

After all, Miyuki did witness how the former Flame Pillar have succumbed to his grief from his wife's death. It changed the man completely and Miyuki was not happy for it.

"Don't worry about father. He did mention you last time. I think he wanted to play shogi with you once more." Kyojurou said with a smile after putting his hand on her head.

Back in the days where Miyuki have visited the Rengoku's residences to train with Kyojurou, she would also get to play shogi with his father to distract him from the alcohol.

Miyuki was good in playing it but the former pillar was a veteran. Their current record is 13 to 5. Miyuki only won five times.

"Then dinner it is." Miyuki said with a smile.

Miyuki went inside her house followed by Kyojurou to find Chiyo-baa in the living room, already arranging Miyuki's things.

Miyuki then went to get her haori for a moment, leaving Kyojuro and the lady in the room.

"You look healthy as ever, Chiyo-sama." Kyojuro said after bowing to the lady.

Chiyo-baa also bowed and smiled.

She knew Kyojurou ever since he was a boy, and Chiyo-baa has been Miyuki's guardian ever since Oyakata-sama has found her.

The old lady has grown attached to the Ice Pillar and went as far on choosing not to leave her alone despite her age.

Miyuki prefers to live alone but that doesn't mean she doesn't need company. It was Chiyo-baa who understood her the most and the old lady was honored for it.

"Good evening, Rengoku-sama. You look stronger than ever." The lady replied with a smile.

"I'll borrow Yuki-san for a bit, Chiyo-sama. Is your family doing well?"

The lady nodded gently.

"I'll leave Miyuki-sama in your care then. And yes, my family are doing well. Miyuki-sama's been taking care of us. We owe her so much...even gratitude would not suffice."

The lady then reached for the Flame Pillar's hands and smiled to him gently.

"Thank you for looking after that child, Rengoku-sama. It puts me at ease knowing that you're here for her." The lady said which honest eyes.

Kyojurou smiled reassuringly and immediately understood what she meant. After-all, Chiyo-baa has always treated Miyuki as her own ever since...

"It puts me at ease, too, that you're here for her, Chiyo-sama. You know, Miyuki treasures you too..."

The lady chuckled and smiled after that. Wiping some tears that formed in her eyes, she looked once more to the Flame Pillar and sat properly.

"So, have you asked for her hand already?" She said out of blue.

The Flame Pillar flinched, his smile froze after hearing the lady.

"Chiyo-sama..." Kyojurou said, sweat starting to form on his forehead.

The Ice Pillar's attendant know for sure the feelings that the young Flame Hashira have to her child. Kyojurou have not denied this too, in fact, he already told the lady his feelings towards Miyuki.

"My dear boy, don't tell me you don't plan on taking her seriously?" There was a bit of darkness in the tone of the lady, watching the Flame Pillar with sharp eyes.

Kyojurou sat stiffly, still sporting his smile.

Of course he planned on working out his relationship with the Ice Pillar, but still has some reservations. He is 19, and is already of age. However, Miyuki was still not, she is still 17.

There's still one year left before she turned legal.

"You know well that I'm serious, Chiyo-sama! However, it's still not yet the time. I want to take things slow for the mean time."

The lady smiled warmly as she nodded her head in agreement.

Miyuki then walked down the stairs, into the living room, seeing the two individuals with such serious air around them.

"Is something wrong? This room is insanely warm compared to the rest of the house." Miyuki said while stepping into the view, wearing her gradient haori decorated with blue spider lilies.

She was still wearing her uniform, only her haori was added and yet Kyojurou seemed to got more fascinated after seeing her.

It complemented her very well.

"Kyojurou?"

The Flame Pillar snapped out from his thoughts and smiled at Miyuki. He stood up and bowed down to the lady.

"Shall we go?" Kyojurou said while on his way out to the door.

Miyuki nodded and bowed at the Lady Chiyo as well.

"I'll be going now, Chiyo-baa." She said.

"Enjoy you two! Please return safely."

---------------------
Taisho secret!

* Miyuki was trained when she was little by the Stone Pillar. She was Gyomei's first tsuguko before she created her own breathing style and became a pillar herself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.7K 3.5K 30
โ THERE is no denying that there is evil in this world, but the light will always conquer the darkness. โž ๐ฅ๐ž๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐›๐ž ๐ฅ๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ | slow...
223K 6.1K 36
โŠนโ‚Šโ”ˆใ†โ”ˆใ†โ”ˆใ†โœฟใ†โ”ˆใ†โ”ˆใ†โ”ˆโ‚ŠโŠน ๐˜'๐˜ฎ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต ๐˜ข ๐˜ง๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐™š๐™ญ๐™ž๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ฃ๐™˜๐™š ๐˜ฃ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜'๐˜ฅ ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ก๐™ก๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ช๐˜ง ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ต ๐˜...
348K 11.5K 76
How was it to be someone very important to the corps and loved so much by Oyakata-sama itself. Such a powerful one that makes the Demon slayer corps...
31.7K 561 47
M/N L/N, an unfortunate young boy who under unfortunate circumstances had become a demon slayer at the age of 10. Despite M/Ns age, he excelled and b...