Selfless

By heartlessbrock

This is the third book in the heartless series, so read the other two or this will make no sense haha More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
Not a chapter

78

1.7K 51 88
By heartlessbrock

"Cora? Please respond." Someone said as I looked around, everything was a little blurry.

I was still terrified.

"D-Don't hurt me." I wimpered as someone put a sweatshirt on me. "We won't hurt you. It's Kevin, Meghan, Tara, and Katrina. We won't hurt you." Kevin said as I started to come back to reality a little bit. "D-d-Don't tell Colby." I whispered as I closed my eyes and sobbed. "Keep your eyes open, Cor." Meghan said as she flexed my hands. "Okay." I said and opened my eyes up again. Everything was a little clearer.

"They are on their way." Tara said as Kat cried into her shoulder.

Who was on their way?

It better not have been Colby and the guys. They better stay where they are.

"No." I wimpered as Meghan continued to bend my arms and legs. "Did you hit your head? It's really important, Cora." Meghan said and looked into my eyes. "N-no. They just hit me a lot." I sobbed out as Kevin wrapped his arms around me, then carefully lifted me out of the bushes. "T-they..." I started but couldn't finish due to the sobs leaving my throat. "hey it's okay...take your time." Kevin said and rubbed my back as he sat down and held me in his lap.

"They took everything." I whispered, feeling the emptiness on my left ring finger.

"What?" Kat asked and crouched down as the flashing lights of police filled the street around us. "Everything." I cried out and burried my face in Kevin's chest.

The police came up and started asking us questions but I couldn't answer, I just cried.

I wanted Colby.

"Cor, we need you to explain what happened...I know it's hard but they need to know." Kat said and grabbed my hand, cradling it to her chest.

"I was walking home..a-and these two guys started following me. I was t-trying to call Kevin but I f-fell. They r-ran and tackled me to the ground." I said and started crying harder again. "It's okay, take a deep breath." Tara soothed as I swallowed hard. "They dragged me to the bushes and started trying to take my hoodie off. It w-was one of Colby's designer ones." I said and went to bite my lip but remember it was busted open.

"I tried to fight them off but t-they were stronger. T-they hit me until I was weak enough for them to take the hoodie. T-they took my locket, a-and my opal necklace..t-then they saw my wedding ring." I said and started sobbing even harder as Kat gasped.

"They took everything." I whispered and hid my face in Kevin's chest again. "Did they sexually assault you at all?" The police officer asked as he wrote stuff down. "N-no." I answered after a few minutes of me collecting myself.

"Okay, do you have a description of the guys? We will start a search to find them and your stuff." The officer said as I nodded slowly. "Um...one of them was huge. He was probably 6 foot 4 and 300 lbs. He had blue eyes and shoulder length black hair with a goatee." I said and shivered, remembering how he looked at me as he punched me mercilessly.

"The other guy was shorter and smaller. Maybe 5 foot 10 and 120 lbs. He wore a hat so I couldn't see his hair but he had dark brown eyes and a beard as well. They were both wearing all black." I said as Kevin rubbed my back.

"Okay, we are going to do a search, we will also check pawn shops for your jewelry, do you have a description of them?" He asked as I choked up again. All of these questions were really overwhelming.

"One of the necklaces was a gold locket in the shape of a heart, a picture of me and my husband was on the right side, and a picture of my husband and daughter was on the left." I said and messed with my nails. "The other necklace was an opal heart with a silver backing and a date carved on the back. 8/04/2019." I said and sniffled.

"Do you have my phone? I h-have a picture of the ring." I asked Kat who nodded and handed me my phone which was now cracked. "This is the ring." I said and showed the officer. He took detailed notes on it then nodded,

"okay, we will contact you if we have any information. Did you want us to call an ambulance for your injuries by the way?" He asked causing me to look at Meghan. "They're just bruises and cuts, you shouldn't need anymore medical attention." She said causing me to look back at the cop, "no. I'm okay." I said as he nodded slowly. "Okay then, we will escort you guys home if you don't mind." He said as we all stood up with Kevin carrying me in his arms.

"Don't mind at all, thank you." Kevin said and set me on my feet right in front of the car. I got in and leaned against the window as Kat and Tara slid in next to me. Tara wrapped her arms around me as we drove home.

"Did anyone tell Colby we found her?" Kat asked causing me to look at her, "you told Colby?" I asked feeling my eyes well up with tears again. "Well yeah, Cor! You went missing! We had to tell him." She said causing me to cry, "he's not trying to come home is he?" I asked feeling my heart race. "Sam said he's holding off until we let him know more information. I'll call him, since he's probably freaking out." She said and pulled her phone out as we pulled into the driveway. "Okay." I whispered and wiped my face.

"Hey, we found her...I'll text you more about what happened. Um....not really..I can put her on." She said and looked at me as I started crying again. "Actually Colby can you give her a few minutes..she's having a hard time talking. I'll text you what happened then I'll have her call you back as soon as she can." She said as I shakily wiped my tears away. "Okay, bye." She said then started typing quickly.

When we got home we were met by Devyn and Mia, "oh baby." I said and took Mia as Devyn gasped. "What happened?! Are you okay?" She asked as I shook my head, "I will be." I said then started going inside with Mia in my arms. "Mommy's home." I whispered and held her to my chest.

"Cora!" Kat called after me as I went up the stairs, "where are you going?" She asked with a frown. "To take a shower." I said and continued up the stairs. I went into the nursery and grabbed the cot so I could set it in the bathroom while I showered. I wanted Mia to be with me.

I turned the shower on and put her in the cot, before kissing her head. She looked at me with wide eyes then cried. When I looked up in the mirror I could see why, I had two dark bruises surrounding my eyes and a very busted lip with dried blood crusted on my chin. "I'm sorry angel, I'll clean up." I said then turned away from Mia and got into the shower.

As soon as I closed the door I couldn't hold the emotions in as I collapsed to the floor, sobbing as hard as I could. My third panic attack of the day was hitting with full force as I curled up in a ball on the floor.

I couldn't tell you how long it lasted but I eventually was able to wash my hair and face. I had to admit when I got out I felt a little better, and more grounded. I was ready to talk to Colby about all of this.

I got dressed and pulled Mia into my arms before going downstairs to the living room where everyone was. "Kat can I use your phone to FaceTime Colby?" I asked quietly as she smiled sadly at me, "of course. Here you go." She said and handed me her unlocked phone.

I clicked the button and waited for him to pick up. I felt my heart beat faster as the screen loaded. "Oh baby girl.." Colby said as soon as he saw my busted face. "You should see the other guy." I said with a small laugh, trying to lighten the mood.

"I bet you fought back, tough girl." He said as I smiled weakly. "Are you okay though, I know you're not but...I don't know. I hate that I'm not there with you." He said and combed his fingers through his hair. "I don't want you to miss this opportunity.." I said feeling myself choke up as I went to go play with the wedding ring that was ripped off of my hand just hours ago. "You're more important than any opportunity I get. The only reason I'm not on a flight right now to get to you is because I know you would be so mad at me if I did that." He said with a sigh.

"Yeah, I would." I whispered as his face dropped, "talk to me, what's on your mind." He said softly as I started to cry again, "I'm sorry my wedding ring is gone...I'm sorry I lost everything...even your sweatshirt...I'm...I'm so sorry." I cried out as he tears formed in his eyes, "you didn't lose anything baby girl, all of those things were stolen from you! It doesn't matter though, all of those things can be replaced. You can't be. I would have everything I own stolen if it meant you were still alive." He said as Mia fussed in my arms.

"Th...the wedding ring can't be replaced. We said our vows over that ring. It's gone." I sobbed out as I tried to comfort Mia. "It's not gone forever. I believe they will find it baby. They will get it back to you, but if they don't that's okay, I'll say my vows over the new one if it would make you feel better." He said as I wiped my cheek.

"I miss you." I said randomly which caused his face to fall slightly, "I miss you too. Do you want me to come back? We have a day off tomorrow, I'll come to you for the day." He said but I shook my head, "I want you to rest." I said and took a deep shaky breath.

"I don't know if I can rest knowing you're hurting." He said causing me to look down, "I'm okay enough Colby. It's going to be a rough couple days I won't lie but I'll be okay. It would make me feel better to know that you're resting." I said and bounced Mia.

"Cor.." he said as I looked up at him again. "You're amazing. You're going to get through this, even if I'm not there physically I'm here with you. Call me and I'll answer, even if we are filming. You're my number 1 priority." He said as I nodded, "I know. Aren't you supposed to be filming right now?" I asked and bit my sweatshirt sleeve as Mia fell asleep in my arms.

"Yeah, but like I said, you're my number 1 priority." He said with a small smile. "I love you, but get back to filming. I'm okay." I said and gave him a genuine smile. "Okay, call me if that changes though." He said as I nodded. "I will. I promise. I love you." I said as he smiled at me, "I love you too." He said and blew me a kiss. I blew him one back then hung up. I sighed then walked back out to the living room and met everyone's concerned faces.

"Hey Cor, wanna watch a movie with us?" Meghan asked with a smile, trying to normalize the situation a little bit.

"I'd love to." I said and joined them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

488 3 25
A Colby Brock Fanfiction :) Important Note : All portrayals of anyone's character - especially anything negative - in *any* of my stories is purely...
31.2K 1.2K 21
Book-3 of the 'Bad Guy' series - Skip to months later, Colby gets better and better by every second that passes. Though, the void in his chest is sti...
32.2K 258 30
just a couple sam and colby oneshots from my first sam and colby book. the first chapter explains a lot of stuff just read to understand!!
176K 5.3K 111
Final book to the heartless series, if you haven't read the last 3 go do that ❤️