Show Me

By astoldbylani

"You could tell me you love me a million times over, but them words don't hold no weight in my heart till you... More

faces|disclaimer
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL

XXXII

69K 3.8K 2.9K
By astoldbylani

"I am engaged bitch!" Yanni squealed, showing her ring again. She was still on cloud nine, and had been since Christmas.

"My sis is a soon to be football wife, I know that's right," Sincere laughed. They were actually on their way to the stadium to see her fiancé play. He didn't want her working today, so no press, no social media managing, just sitting on the sidelines watching him work.

"I still can't wrap my mind around it, like it's crazy to even think I'm gonna be married. My last name gon change and everything," she kept the same grin on her face.

"Yes ma'am, E'ani Boudreaux on the way," Nyx smirked. "Y'all picked a date or y'all too busy celebrating," she raised her eyebrow making Yanni laugh with a slight blush, because all they'd been doing for the past week had been 'celebrating' their engagement.

"We haven't decided yet. I'm thinking maybe spring though? Like March or May? I think it'd be pretty. I'm almost positive he's gonna want a destination—like he doesn't have ten million family members to account for," she chuckled.

As they arrived, the girls made their way to their seats. She never wanted to sit in the skyboxes with the rest of the girlfriends and wives. She didn't know them at all, and she was mores comfortable in the crowd anyway—she'd been coming to games as a kid and wasn't sure she'd be able to enjoy it so far away from the action.

"You texted your boy yet? You know he act like if you don't they gon lose," Nyx smirked getting comfortable next to Roman—who had been silent all day. As usual.

"I'm about to," Yanni smiled. He treated her like a good luck charm, he looked for her texts, he came to give her a kiss before every game, at halftime he did the same, especially if it'd been a bad game he was immediately near her—if his coaches weren't keeping him away.

: good luck bubba 🥰 i just got here, im waiting on you. remember what we talked about, don't let them people get in your head. don't let nothing get in your head you just keep your eyes on the endzone. i love you baby 💕

After she sent the text, she sent a picture of herself cheesing in his jersey she took before she left the house, just to make him smile.

"Ro, can you get me nachos before kickoff please baby," Nyx asked, resting her head on his shoulder.

"Mhm, you gotta let me go first," he chuckled. She lifted her head and let his hand go, and he got up, giving her a kiss before leaving.

"He do whatever she say now," Yanni smirked.

"That baby turned him into a her personal butler," Sincere laughed, as did Yanni. Nyx was indeed 8 weeks pregnant. "And after all that shit she was talking about not having a baby too? He got you good,"

"He did," Nyx whined. "He just made it sound so perfect, us being parents and all that. I was very much against it at first—I wanted no parts. But I don't know, seeing him wanna be a daddy changed my heart I guess," she smiled.

"That's so damn sweet," Yanni pouted. "I can't wait to find out what it is! Ima buy my lil man or lil mama all the gifts, no need for a shower,"

"E'ani please," Nyx laughed.

The girls continued talking until Roman came back, and shortly after that the team was coming out from the locker rooms, giving fans high fives, signing things and just getting ready for the game to begin.

"Hi bubba!" Yanni grinned as he came up to them in their seats.

"Hey baby," he took his helmet off and gave her a kiss, and they proceeded to do their handshake.

"Remember what I said, baby,"

"Eyes on the endzone," he nodded and she nodded too, leaning down for another kiss. "I love you," he spoke as she pulled back.

"I love you more. Good luck daddy," she grinned, making him laugh loudly. She was happy to see that, as of lately he'd been slightly stressed before every game, so she made it her mission to make him smile or laugh before kickoff.

She got settled back into her seat and waved him off, excited to watch him do what he did best

The third quarter had just begun, and the Seahawks had possession of the ball, trying to run a play. Their quarterback snapped the ball to start the play—and as it glided through the air, it was smoothly intercepted by none other than Amere himself.

"Yes! Let's go baby!" Yanni immediately stood to her feet along with everyone else near her as her screams blended in with the thousands of others cheering him on.

He ran toward the other end of the field, with no clear sign of stopping or being stopped until another player ran up in front of him in an attempt to get him down.

At the same time, someone caught up from behind and as Amere planted his foot to turn away, he saw the man in his peripheral and had only one other out, but as he went to turn again, the player in the front collided into him to tackle him, and he went down.

"That was ugly, oh my God," Sincere said as the play stopped. Everyone expected Amere to get up, but he wasn't. Yanni immediately was on alert, and everyone else followed suit, becoming confused as to why their favorite WR wasn't hopping back up like he usually would.

"What's going on? Why isn't he getting up?!" Yanni asked—as if someone knew something. When his teammates started to surround him and the time stopped, she knew he was hurt.

"It seems as if Boudreaux has sustained some kind of injury from that tackle—he's visibly in pain here, you can see it in his face, his helmet is now off," they heard a commentator say, and Yanni nearly fainted.

"L-let me down. I gotta get to him—I gotta go down there," she muttered, scrambling around, grabbing her bag and basically running down to the sidelines.

Someone tried to stop her—as she wasn't staff and they didn't recognize her. "He—he's my fiancé!Please let me through," she pleaded.

"Ma'am we can't—"

Coach Pederson saw Yanni arguing with the larger men and made his way over. "She's Boudreaux's fiancée, and his agent, she needs to see him," he said frantically, and they moved to the side at his instruction.

"Thank you," she sighed in relief, quickly following behind him. "What happened?!"

"He said he heard it pop," he spoke somberly and E'ani stopped in her tracks.

"It? H-he—his ACL?" she asked, heart dropping into her stomach. "Is-is he sure?" she resumed walking again. She knew he was sure, there weren't many injuries that you could recognize simply by the sound and she knew it. She was just in complete denial.

"The other two guys near him heard it too. We watched the footage, his foot was in the wrong direction and it was a sudden stop plus the collision was a terrible combination, he's asking for you," he sighed.

E'ani was terrified. For him to get injured hurt her as well because she knew he was in unbearable pain right now, and there was nothing she could do to stop it. She also knew although most athletes could bounce back from this—there were some that didn't and even the thought of him retiring hurt her heart, she knew football was his everything.

When she finally reached him, her heart broke at the sight. They had helped him to his feet and he was starting to walk—more like limp toward her.

"Stop! Stop baby, stop," she ran the rest of the way to him. "Amere—we gotta go to the hospital babe,"

"I—I'on even know how it happened baby I—I was doin' fine it was okay and then—" he stammered and stuttered. He visibly looked hurt in the way he stood, and his face held a shocked look, like he couldn't believe what hat just happened and was still trying to wrap his mind around it. But the pain he was feeling was enough to snap him back to reality—and fast.

Yanni was in just as much shock, she didn't see this coming, but then again nobody ever expected their favorite player—or a player as great as Amere to be hurt and so early into their career. He was fresh off a superbowl win and to see this was absolutely heart wrenching to not only her but the fans that loved him and cheered for him every week as well.

"I know, bubba. Come on, let's go, we gotta go," she took his hand and he rested his weight on one of his teammates shoulders as they took him off the field.

The doctor sighed after checking on Amere's knee, and it just made them both way more anxious than they already were.

Amere was sad, at the moment. He was hurting but he was sad. His team was in the second to the last round of the playoffs and they had a good chance of making it again, and now even if they did, at this point he was out. For the rest of this season and the entire next season.

"It's a complete tear—Grade three. There was serious trauma to his knee, he's gonna need reconstruction," the doctor said. Pederson knew this was coming—and to some degree so did Yanni. "For his case, I'm gonna recommend waiting at least two weeks before surgery. I wanna start him on exercise therapy next week first, there's a strong possibility it'll yield better results in the long run,"

"O-okay well what do we do in the meantime, it's Sunday. What are his limitations? " Yanni asked.

"Well, pre-op I'm gonna say no stairs at all if you can help it. We're gonna get him some crutches, have him practice using them to get around but for no more than an hour, you can do small range of motion exercises. Try to keep your knee elevated at all times, sleep on your back. Apply cold compresses to it to avoid too much swelling," he spoke and Amere zoned out.

Yanni was listening attentively, prepared to do whatever she had to do to make him comfortable for the next two weeks. She was already planning the email for leave—or at least working from home.

"Thank you so much Dr. Barrett, we'll be sure to call with any questions, and you'll call when you have a date?"

"Absolutely Mrs. Boudreaux, take good care him—he'll need your support,"

"I got him," she smiled slightly at being called by his last name. "Thank you again.

The thee of them sat in silence for a while, and Amere was the first to speak up, and break the silence. Everyone could hear the hurt in his voice.

"I'on know what Ima do," he sighed. "What if—what if this shit take me out...and I can't—"

"Hey," Yanni grabbed his face. "Stop talking like that, Saint. You gon come back. Whatever we gotta do, surgery, rehab, whatever. You not letting this take you out right? You coming back just as strong, just as great as you were. As great as you are. Right?" she asked.

He simply stared her in her eyes, not knowing how to answer. He didn't know how to answer that, he didn't know what to say. Yes was what she wanted to hear—but he didn't know.

"Ima try," he mumbled, feeling defeated.

"Ima be right beside you while you do," she confirmed and assured him, kissing his forehead. "We not giving up on you,"

He hoped she wouldn't have to. He hoped what she said was right and he could come back, because he didn't know what he'd do if he couldn't.

amere noooo 😭

well, nyx is pregnant, there's a silver lining :) right?? yes.

tell me how we're feeling. lemme know.

there isn't much to say here bc 🥺 poor bubba. we'll see some more into his injury and his recovery later on.

till next time ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Forbidden By 🤍

Fanfiction

15.3K 1.3K 23
𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐮𝐥𝐞𝐬. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧'𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐟𝐟...
52.9K 3.1K 28
You keep me open I'm so devoted to you.
3.6K 206 23
"𝘕𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘕𝘪𝘯𝘦, 𝘐 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘭𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨... ...𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘰𝘧...
998 115 6
" 𝖨'𝗆 𝗅𝖾𝖺𝗏𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝗋𝖾𝖼𝗈𝗋𝖽 𝖿𝗈𝗋 𝗒𝗈𝗎𝗋 𝖾𝗒𝖾𝗌 𝗈𝗇𝗅𝗒, 𝖽𝗈𝗇'𝗍 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋 𝗌𝖼𝗋𝖺𝗍𝖼𝗁 𝗈𝗋 𝖽𝗂𝗌𝗋𝖾𝗌𝗉�...