Pushing Up Daisies

By PARNKUNG

Daisies Kim, a so-so American singer, never intends to leave her drug-addicted father in America alone. Howev... More

Chapter 1 : After We Fell Apart for Years
Chapter 2 : Until We Might Meet Again
Chapter 4 : Could You Pursue My Dream?
Chapter 5 : Band-Aid 10.10
Chapter 6 : Tokyo Is Calling
Chapter 7 : Confession
Chapter 8 : I Can See the End as It Begins, My One Condition Is...
Chapter 9 : I Get Drunk on Jealousy
Chapter 10 : You already Know I Can't Choose You
Chapter 11 : Parents never Leave their Kids
Chapter 12 : What about Your Stuff Will Be Here?
Chapter 13 : The Ring
Chapter 14 : Am I in Love with You or Am I in Love with the Feeling?
Chapter 15 : America Is Calling
Chapter 16 : Who the Fuck is That Guy?
Chapter 17 : Takes Me Home, Lights are Off, He's Takin Off his Clothes.
Chapter 18 : Your Heart Is for Takeaway
Chapter 19 : I Saw Something
Chapter 20 : Souvenir
Chapter 21 : Things Will Never Be the Same
Chapter 22 : You Weren't Mine to Lose
Chapter 23 : There Is No Home for You Anymore
Chapter 24 : They Are the Hunters, We Are the Foxes
Chapter 25 : We Never Go Out of Style
Chapter 26 : Band-Aids Don't Fix the Bullet Holes
Chapter 27 : It's probably Better Off this Way
Chapter 28 : I've Been Having a Hard Time Adjusting
Chapter 29 : I Didn't Know If You'd Care If I Came Back
Chapter 30 : That's the kind of Heartbreak, Time Could Never Mend
Chapter 31 : The Past Serves the Present
Chapter 32 : We're so Sad, We Paint the Town Blue
Chapter 33 : IF YOU
Chapter 34 : I Take This Magnetic Force of a Man to Be My Lover
Chapter 35 : FLOWER ROAD [THE END]
Acknowledgement

Chapter 3 : The Begining - We Belong Together

22 1 0
By PARNKUNG

-Untitled 2013-

KWON JIYONG

"No, Jiyong. I don't think these words would suit to this song. Let's think about another word. I really mean it. These suck." T.O.P Hyung repeats for like a million times.

"Seriously? You really aren't kidding me, right?" I'm so tired. Me and Hyung have been making songs in this YG live recording studio alone for twelve hours, and we haven't got any hit song comes out just yet.

We have a deadline to finish our album in two months before we're going to release the pre-single. I've barely been sleeping lately. I've extremely intended to this album. I truly want it to be perfect, even better than our last jams.

"Don't be too stressful, kid. Bona's on her way. She'll help us figure out," T.O.P hyung suggests and I turn to face him with the 'Seriously? Again with that chick?' look.

"Yeah. I am serious, dude. I do want this album to be fucking cool for us too. But there is no one else you'd like to work with but her."

"BUT HER? Of course I can't work with anyone but her." I grimace. "It's because our boss refused to let us take 'the professional team' to run this project with us! And I'll tell you for a million times, Hyung. This is the BOYBAND project and we really need the man, not a chick." I give him a true sarcastic explanation which I feel like I have said it for a thousand million times for actually.

"So if you don't wanna work with Bona. Why don't you tell her to leave and ask CL to help you instead?" T.O.P hyung teases me back with a mock face.

"I didn't tell you that I don't wanna work with her. Shy's great for this kind of stuff, though, but this is the boy band issue, not the girl-group one. If we aren't in the rush, I'd be able to do it with Bona." I pause. "And one more thing, CL isn't good enough for making songs."

He hesitates and sticks out his bottom lip. "Ahh. I just thought that you didn't want her to work with us 'cause you had a crush on her."

My insides turn ice. "No! It's literally not like that."

"C'mon, kid. I am the eldest member of BIGBANG. Why wouldn't I know about it, huh? Don't you tell me she's not great at making songs. The reason you don't want her to come around here because you're afraid you'd not able to concentrate on working, am I right?"

"No! It's not like that!" I swiftly disagree, and he bursts into laughter.

"Don't forget to tell her--dating with you is not allowed to open like America culture." He claps his hands and giggles. Fuck! Do not let anyone knows about it!

"I just have a little feeling on her. I don't mean I'm gonna date with her," I argue. "And plus, let's change the topic, please. I'm quite not in the mood today, Hyung," I command which I already know this is the best way to take him back from teasing me.

"Okay, okay. I got it." He holds his hands in surrender and looks over my shoulder before saying, "Bona ya, stop playing hide and seek. Get out from behind the sofa. He doesn't really have a crush on you." And I immediately spin the chair, lowering the guard down. Later on, all I got is the empty sofa without any lives.

"I'm going to take off." That's all I say. He seems not able to stop laughing.

"I'll stop. I'll really stop." He raises his palm to gesture me that he's really going to stop pranking me, and tries to not laugh again.

The fact that I kind of feel a little better that it's just T.O.P hyung who knows about this thing. If Fucking Seungri or Youngbae hear it, they'd probably never stop teasing me. And that chick would probably know that I really have a crush on her in two days for maximum after they know. So fucking shame.

"I know that you know. But don't tell anybody about this, okay? I believe you, Hyung," I seriously command him, and he slightly nods and pats my shoulder.

"Sure thing, kid."

"Thanks, Hyung."

* * *

An hour later, we finally get back to seriously focus on what we should keep clinging to. We've really been tired and pretty stressed.

"Ugh!!! Fuck!! Enough for today. I'm done. I'm fucking done. Call our boss we're gonna reschedule!" T.O.P hyung yells as kicking the air.

"Go home, Hyung. You've been here for hours before I came. You need to take a good rest before you're getting to have a panda looking like our Makné," I tiredly tell him. I really mean it. He's truly given his soul for this album. He deserves to take a nice rest. I am a leader of BIGBANG. This is what I was born for.

"You too, kid. Let's get home. You may have a drink with me if you want to," he suggests.

"I wish I could but you know me." I shrug my shoulder.

"C'mon! I have a new France wine. You're gonna love it." He lifts my arm up.

"No." I tiredly close my eyes, rubbing my temples and trying to leave all of my weight to the chair so that Hyung can't lift me up.

"If you won't go with me, I'll tell Bona that you were dating with CL. Oh! Not were, but you two are still sitting on a tree, am I right?" he challenges.

"No! That's not true," I protest. "And we're still sitting on a fucking tree because we're in the same label like you do, too, okay?" I scoff.

"Oh really? So Bona would be okay if I told her to stop producing us and do it with the trainee instead."

"No way!" I hear myself snap.

"Then, get the fuck up and let's get drunk with me." He never stops.

"No!" I echo my word, feeling like I've said it for a thousand times in the last hour.

"Kid. You look so terrible. You need to take a break. I promise I'll come back here with you after we have one drink."

"For God's sake, I'd repeat NO." I now frown. "Plus, I'd never ever believe the 'one drink' words from you again, Hyung."

Last time that I believed these words, I wasn't sober for two days, and never did anything but throw up and sleep beside the toilet. I have a strong throat but what he gave me was the seven fucking glasses of Spirytus, which was 97% only alcohol. I wasn't blaming it at first because it really tasted so good, though.

"Haha. You never got me again since then." He starts to recall the backstory and begins to laugh. "Wanna do it again? I know you loved that taste," he still challenges me.

"No!" When would I stop echo this word?

"Don't you wanna get drunk and sleepwalking again? C'monnnn."

"Stop talking about that sleepwalking!"

"Hahaha. Have Bona heard about this?" Even if he's so tired, but he's still in a good mood. Our fans need to know that he's the funniest guy of our band, not that our panda Makné. He just acts his cool while he's in the camera.

"No, and she's never ever gonna hear it for sure. And don't you dare try to beat me with this stuff. I will not go anywhere with you right now. I need to work," I scoff him back for a hundredth times.

"Kid," he simply says as stares at me.

"What?"

"Kid."

"NO.WAY."

"Ki—."

"I really need to work!"

"Okay." He simply works it as even and emerges into the doorway.

Blah. I finally get back to work again. Fighting with Hyung is more tired than writing songs.

"Bonayaaaa!! Where are you? Bonayaaa. I'm drunk. Please come and get me. Bonayaa. Delansey Kim," he yells and gestures holding the air like what I was acting at that last time I was really drunk with him.

I know it's fucking shameful, and don't you dare tell anyone about this. My reputation is so massive.

"Stop yelling!"

"Bonayaaaaa. Bonaaaa. Delansey Kim Delepotner. Kimmm." He never stops being a kid as the door behind him starts to be cracked, and I think I need to shut Hyung's big mouth up right now.

"Bona. I need to tell you tha—"

"Stop!" I immediately cover his mouth as someone begins to walk in.

"Tell me what?"

I glance at whoever enters with the excessive aura.

Shit! It's really her. Kim Bona or Delansey Kim. An American half Korean Singer. Wide Hazel eyes, a gorgeous face, a straight blonde, skinny body, and bright white shoulders. Her face is uncovered with any makeup, but wearing lips red and amazingly aura. She's so fucking beautiful. I dare no one wasn't watching her while she was heading to here.

"Tell me then," she says, grinning beautifully as sitting on the sofa next to us.

Me and Hyung stun for five seconds, wondering what we should begin to excuse.

"Oh! I knew it." She raises her index finger up like she knows something. Knew fucking what!?

I thought I've been keeping cool.

"Knew what?" Hyung asks, and I sense there's a panic in his tone.

"I knew it bothered you about the way I forgot to bend down as saying 'Annyeon', right?" she guesses. "I'm sorry guys. I've just been here for three weeks. I'm learning too many things."

Then she immediately gets up from the sofa.

"Annyeonhaseyo!" she greets and bends her head down to her knees for three seconds and swiftly perks up.

"Please forgive me, Daddy Jiyoung," she says, raises an eyebrow before adjusting her hair properly. T.O.P hyung giggles.

"Yeah. It's irritating us 'cause it's called 'maeneo eobseum'," I correct before scoff her back, "and my name is Kwon Jiyong. Not Jiyoung."

"Oops! It was really close." She cooly giggles. "And what is marniyo eobsom, though?"

"Maeneo Eobseum," Hyung tenderly corrects her.

"Whatever." Bona smiles.

"It means you're so cute," T.O.P jokes and I secretly glare at him. He and Bona laugh.

"I don't really know what that means, but I believe in T.O.P." She tenderly smiles and Hyung goes to high-five with her.

"It meant 'no etiquette," I say.

"Sure thing, Daddy." She shrugs playfully, and I roll my eyes.

"Alright. I gotta go. My wine is calling my throat. Have fun, dudes, but not too much fun. There's CCTV here, and I need to finish this album already," Hyung teases in Korean to me and begins to take off. I snort at him, though I bet this chick didn't know what he was talking about, anyway.

"Bye, Bona. Just in case, I'm taking off. I've been here all day long. I need a break." Hyung waves for Bona and describes to her in English.

"Bye, Oppa." Bona smilingly waves back.

As Hyung left and we're finally alone in the studio, Bona begins to join me.

"How are things? How many songs you've got?"

"Not really. It's a sucky day," I tiredly answer, settling my head against the chair and rubbing my temples. "You, too, need to take a break. You've been being here for days, Bona," I honestly tell her.

"I know, but we have the deadline."

I sigh and Bona softly pats my shoulder.

"C'mon. You have me. Even if it's really not my way, but I'll do my best towards this album for you guys, too," she cheers me up, cutely.

A little grin grows over my face.

"Let's fuck it!" I say, our eyes-contact occurs.

"That's right. Fuck it." And our laughter floats up in the room.

* * *

My eyelids slightly fly up, and I begin to realize I just fell asleep by using my two arms as a pillow onto the keyboard desk. I gradually get a hold on myself while I don't get up just yet and still put on a headphone. How could I sleep as wearing a big headphone, anyway?

I watch Bona who still sits next to me—focusing on the computer, putting on a headphone as I do, hardly holding the right-hand mouse by her left hand. She's a left-handed as I've noticed.

She looks so intended and gorgeous, but doesn't just yet realize that I am watching her.

Then, the sound of iPhone rings. I quickly close my eyes and pretend to sleep, helplessly listen to her attentively.

"Yep," Bona greets to whoever's in the line before inhaling sharply. "Of course I am working! I'm in the studio with GD." Her voice quite sounds irritating, and I try to listen to the little voice in her phone, wondering who she's talking with.

"I was late 'cause I got the appointment, Mom." Her tone sounds louder inadvertently, and she silently lowers her voice. It's her mom. Plew.

Wait. Why do I have to 'Plew'?

"I know I should have been here since this morning, but I already told you that I had an appointment. I do know I need to run your boys' things out, and I'm doing it." Her voice is getting louder and sounds more annoying.

What does 'your boys' things' mean?

Then, her voice is getting lower and further off from me, and I then hear the door beside me cracked. She goes into the live room.

I gradually press the red bottom beside my head to listen to her in that room, and keep pretending to sleep.

When did I become a nosy person?

"Mom. I know what I have to do. Stop being fussy. I'm trying to run this bullshit out so that I can come back home so soon. And my home is in America just in case,"

"You made me born and I can't even say you mom, right? And just in case, he won't hear it. He's in the recording room and I'm turning off the voice system already," Bona snaps. And the mom in the line mutters that she's going to come through—if I didn't get it wrong.

I barely hear what her mom said next through the line, but her voice sounds so similar like I've heard before. Have I seen her mom before but I didn't know her?

"Go ahead. Come here. We've got three songs for them already. Come to check on us, so you'll know I'm not slacking off like you always said. And just so you know, I'm gonna make their album come out next month!" she angrily shouts.

Then, I hear her footsteps approaching, and she heavily places her phone on the desk, which gets her a little flinch and inadvertently exclaims with the F word. She touched my shoulder softly like calming a sleeping baby to sleep.

I think I should stop pretending to sleep already. She accidentally smashed her phone to the desk so hard. If I didn't pretend to wake up, it'd be so strange even though I'm wearing a headphone. I shouldn't have slept while working, anyway.

I slowly perk my head up and pretend to yawn.

"Sorry, sorry. I didn't mean to wake you," Bona apologetically says.

"Nah. My bad." I rub the fake sleep out of my eyes. "Sorry, though. How's new?"

And I begin to look at the screen of the computer, and it's got me so surprised. There are too many beat lines to be counted on the screen.

How long I had slept, anyway?

"Oh, my God." That's all I can say.

"Listen. Judy is coming to check on us." She draws my intention with her serious tone. "Loser, Fuck it and Bad Blood are the title of your songs, got it?"

"Tell me for what?" I wonder aloud.

"Just in case if she asks you."

"I think you might don't know me. Even if she's my boss doesn't mean she can force me to do anything, Bona. Though, if tomorrow was the deadline and I didn't have any songs yet, no one can get to me," I scoff at her with the truth, and Bona annoyingly brushes her ponytail at me.

Wait. Ever since I peeked listening to her call. Is her mom's gonna come here too?

Ahh, I got it. Bona has an aunt who is my boss, Judy, and why won't her mom can't be here? My train of thoughts begins to assemble.

Bona is such powerful. Her aunt is Kim Judy, who's the foreign CIO of YG Entertainment which the label that I'm in. And Bona is a songwriter, single, producer and even a bit involves in my label. Who else can be more perfect than her?

I really want to see her mom already. She's probably as beautiful as her daughter. Don't tell me if she is involved here too, Bona's so influential enough.

Minutes later, the door is cracked by someone and brings the blonde lady into the room. It's Judy noona.

"Annyeon! How ya doin?" she greets us. Her voice helplessly annoys me. "I just heard that you guys've got three songs. Would you mind if I listen to them?" Judy asks.

Honestly, I kind of hate her acting-to-be-British accent. I know she's a foreigner, but I am sure she's not a British. She's just an American. I can tell by her face and the little information that
I have know about her.

Wait. Hang on.

How could she even know that we've got three songs, by the way?

"I don't think it's a good idea," I cooly reply.

"C'mon, girl. C'mon boy," Judy jokingly sings my old song.

"Boring." I hear Bona whispers as sitting turning her back towards Judy and staring at the keyboard with no emotion.

"At least just let me see the beat line in your screen," Judy commands with a smile.

"When did you become so bossy, Judy noona? You barely set foot here," I sarcastically tease her with my innocent face. And I hear Bona giggles.

"Hmm. Let me see a little bit," Judy still insists, walking to the computer's screen. She stares at it for a second before clapping her hands together. "Wow. Good job, kids."

Then she lowers her tone and narrows her eyes on Bona. "Oh, by the way, Kim. I have a good news for you."

Bona never even looks away from the screen. She inhales before replying with an absolutely emotionless tone, "What news, Auntie Judy."

If I didn't get it wrong, I think she just mocked her aunt.

Judy clears her throat. "Well, you are going to produce our new girl group. Taaadaa."

Bona and I swiftly turn to her directly.

"What does that mean?" Bona seriously asks.

"Well, I just think you quite don't belong to produce a boyband. It's been weeks here since you've come for, and my boys still have got nothing," she says, and I turn to look at Bona just in case.

"I'm getting used to it and we've got three songs already. We're running off," Bona says after a pause.

"Just finish these songs and let me know. I'm gonna switch you to work with girls," Judy tells her niece. "You might be more suitable there."

Bona doesn't say anything, but sighs tiredly and rubs her temples like I just did last hour.

"You deal, Delansey Kim?" Judy asks.

"Seems like I've got too many choices," Bona answers sarcastically, looks a bit tense.

"I'll take it just a yes."

For an instant, I take a few seconds before letting myself say something helpful and honest,

"Why don't you just let Bona finish my band's album before you send her to produce other girls?"

Bona turns to face me, swiftly. And I secretly give her a wink.

"Just let her prove you that she definitely can do it," I add. "She can work with us. She's a great producer, though. Plus, she wrote these three songs by herself. I didn't do it 'cause I fell asleep while she was working alone so hard," I tell her the whole truth.

The room bursts into silence for a moment.

"GD. I don't thin—." Judy begins to argue.

"Please let her work with me," I cut her off, before adding. "With us, actually. My members, we love working with her. And I'm using my position to tell you, I don't allow you to take my one producer out from me. Let's find another producer for your new girl-group or whatever. BIGBANG has Delansey Kim as a producer already," I simply demand, and these two ladies are stunned. I then immediately beef up before they even get a chance to break my dialogue, "So can we get back to work then? We've so wasted our time."

And I slide my chair towards the desk beside Bona, and we pretend to focus on working.

Judy stays silent for a minute before replying awkwardly, "Sure."

* * *

"I don't belong here," Bona begins, out of the blue, as clicking composing beat on the computer after Judy has left here for a little while.

"How do you know you don't belong here?"

She glances at me, pressing her lips together. "You know about what she just said—I've been here for weeks to produce you and we still haven't got anything particularly yet.

"Don't you think I might be so picky?" I tease her.

"You already are." Bona smilingly giggles, and I don't know why I have to smile as she does.

"Don't worry about what she said. Just prove to her that what she thinks is absolutely wrong, okay?"

"What if it was true?" She turns to me, her dazzling eyes get serious. "What if what she said was right that I don't belong here—working with you." Her tone sounds obviously nervous.

"Well..." I clear my throat and try to put my thoughts into words.

"As I've been here for more than ten years. I've seen people come, stay and go. For hundred people to fifty and to ten. They have to be trained here without getting paid for years and years before they could be debuted. You might think it would be such a waste if they couldn't fit here, right? But, why do people dare to take their lives to spend here without any knowledge they would be debuted or not?" I pause, our eyes locked. "It's because they don't give a shit what people think or what any fear they have. They take this place to be the stair so that they can climb to fuck their dreams and boom! They become what they want. They overcome what shit people said. Just like you, I know you didn't come here to pursue any dreams and I don't exactly know why you come here at the first place. But all I want to tell you is... go fuck off what people say. You're a musician. So fucking great musician I've ever seen." And she smiles tenderly. "If they give you shits, then you take a step up so that they can't reach anything to you. These damn people can't stay high, they stay at the lowest point on the stair. So keep climbing and stay at the top of the stair. And Fuck them off."

The room's filled with silence for a moment. Both of us just smile to each other.

"Whoa—wo-wow," Bona mutters, grinning beautifully.

"This is why I can be who I am now," I add with a cool shrug.

"'Cause you fuck them off," she echoes my words before chuckles.

"Yey. Fuck them off," I repeat, beaming at her.

"Thank you, Jiyong."

I nod. "Gwaenchanah, Kim Bona."

"Does that mean 'it's alright', right?"

"Nah. It means 'Fuck them off'," I tease her.

"No way. I've heard it a lot when I thank people here. You can't lie to me." She tenderly laughs, and my hand automatically flies to pat her head softly before I could even realize myself. She smiles and gently crushes my hair.

Then, my forehead creases. "How old are you, though?"

"Twenty-two, why?" She looks at me, puzzledly.

I playfully spin my head off of her hand.

"You're younger than me, dude. It's impolite here playing the older's head. Save it in your tiny head."

And I let my two hands tenderly crush her hair back. She tries to take my hands off of her blonde hair, making an irritating face like a child who just lost her candy.

I smile and stop messing with her gorgeous hair. Bona's hair becomes so messy, still, she looks cute in any kind. I gently laugh and adjust her hair to be perfect as it was. She defies me for a second before lets me do it eventually.

She digs for something into her purse and passes me a pink small comb—sticking with many colorful bear stickers around it. I think I know these bears. It's the chick's bear cartoon characters, but I can't recognize what name they are. I tenderly stare at her comb and giggle before combing her hair with it.

"Why're you laughing?" she asks during getting her hair combed. "Don't you dare laugh on my Care Bear comb, though. This one's so limited. I tried so hard to get it," Bona boasts and I snicker.

I've been seeing many chicks around me, constantly boast me their brand-name purses, clothes or shoes or blah blah blah, but honestly I haven't seen any chick who boasts me with the tiny Care Bear comb like her before.

* * *

Less than two hours later, I finished for composing the songs which Bona all wrote. And I surprisingly discovered that I didn't need to correct any verse that she created. I only added some words that I wanted it to be more manly since the song is already perfect. Besides, I just need the guideline sound so that my bandmates can go to record it directly.

Bona gets up from the chair and stretches herself out for a brief second before picking up her purse and coat. She smilingly says goodbye to me and heads herself to the doorway.

Then, she turns around.

"Can I have your phone number?" she asks before adding, "For emergency, you know?"

"What kinda emergency?" I teasingly ask.

She hesitates, seems casually thoughtful. "Hmm... it's like, you know, if my lovely Care Bear comb was gone, I'd be able to find the one who stole it," she playfully explains, and we laugh.

I can't seem to count how many times I've laughed since she came.

"At least just don't call the cops, if I actually stole it," I tease her back, and we begin to exchange our contacts before breaking off.

* * *

While I am heading to my car at the parking lot, I hear some voices arguing nearby where I'm standing. I try to find whose voices are, and I got nothing except a similar voice.

"Lower your voice now! Someone's gonna hear us." There's a woman voice saying—no, snapping, actually.

"I don't give a shit————I need to come home, Mom!"

That's Bona's voice.

And she is arguing with someone, obviously.

I quietly sneak where they are and whom exactly Bona is arguing with. And I slightly hear someone's high heels colliding against the floor—even getting louder from where I'm standing.

Shit. I need to hide.

I quickly emerge into my car which parking behind the pole and hide myself in it. Luckily, my car windows are the dark films. There's Judy passing in front of my car. I begin to lower my head, just in case if the window films didn't work enough.

In the meantime, I see Bona walks along with Judy, and my instinct gate begins to open further.

"Mom. Please let me pay your money back in some way else. I want to go back home. There's no my family here but you. And you don't even let me call you mom!" Bona sadly spits.

She's crying.

Judy looks around her, as if checking whether someone is hearing them, then turns to raise her index to Bona's face.

"I'd let you call me mom, if you finished their works. And I'll remind you just in case you might be forgetting. I lost my million bucks to help your dad stay in jail less than years, and if you can't give my money back, just do whatever I fucking tell you so and I'll let you go back to your damn America," Judy scoffs, and I watch Bona's tears drop on her own two red cheeks. She sloppily wipes them with her palm and starts to continue the fight.

"And how long I have to stay here to pay all of your money?"

"Less than two months," Judy replies harshly. "I did beef them up to hurry up processing their new album within the next two months. You just help their issues and then you can go where the hell you want to," Judy says. I haven't seen the way she is so mean and mad like this before.

All I have known is Judy always wears her poker face, but I don't quite know what kind of it that she wears.

The 'they' that Judy and Bona are talking about is US--Me and my bandmates.

Both of them are talking about my band.

And Bona's mom is Judy for sure.

Judy doesn't only wear the poker face, but also covers up about her daughter. She's been lying that Bona is her niece. If she doesn't want to get involved with Bona, why doesn't she not to introduce her daughter as a niece? Why does she need to lie? To not be gotten by the journalist? It quite doesn't make any sense.

"Get in the car and I'm taking you home," Judy demands as opens her car's shotgun.

"Home?" Bona repeats. "There is no home for me. I am a homeless, Aunt Judy."

Judy sighs before pulls Bona's arm to get into the car. Bona flicks.

"Kim. I don't want to be an evil to you. Can you at least be easier for me?"

"You're such an evil already."

"Get.In.The.Car," Judy says through her teeth. "You don't even have anywhere to live. Don't be so hard."

"Mom. I promise I'll give you money back from home—America. I can't live here," Bona pleases her mom and bursts into tears. I can't help feeling pitiful.

"Are you breathing now?," her mom scoffs. "If you are that means you can live."

Judy pulls her daughter into the car and she then drives off from the parking lot in less than a minute.

Wow.

What was that? The drama scene or TV show? Why was it so cruel and disconsolate?

I am pretty stunned for a while in my car. Trying to put any pieces of puzzlement about Judy and Bona in my head together.
Mom-Daughter. Money. Crying. Poor Bona.

How much she owes her mom, anyway? A million dollars? Did I remember the right figure?

I don't know what the hell Bona's father has done for being arrested for a million dollars. But come and get the money from me, Bona. I'll give you as double as you own right away.

* * *

"Evil mom ever," T.O.P Hyung says as sipping his France wine after I told him about this evening.

"Yey. You should have seen the way she crying." I glance at him over the rim of my glass. "Should I call and tell her that I knew it and lend her money?"

The more I recall the memories of her suffering, the more I feel pity for her.

"Mellow out, dude. Maybe she doesn't want anyone know about this."

I let out a huge puff of air. "What a pity."

And we sit in silence in our basement, sipping our alcohol for a moment until Hyung turns to me with a bottle of wine.

"Anyway, you're too stressed about Bona, so you came here to drink with me after you definitely insisted not to, huh?" Hyung beats as pouring wine to my half-empty glass.

"Slow down, Hyung. I don't wanna get drunk. I just wanna drink," I assure him with a small laugh.

"Sure thing." Hyung nods and plugs a piece of lemon in my glass edge—it seems weird but tastes so good, I can tell.

Then, I begin to answer his question.

"I just didn't know where I should go. And your last suggestion popped up. End of story." I chuck my full of a wine glass.

"What a baby." He smirks playfully before gets back to what we were talking about. "However, why does that evil Judy mom need to force her daughter to work with us for making up her money, anyway? As if we weren't professional enough to produce our album by ourselves. It doesn't make any sense. We've been doing it on our own selves for years. We actually don't need her."

"That's all I'm wondering too, Hyung." I hear myself say.

"What a complicated."

I pick the lemon from my glass up to lick it before slide my chair backwards and get up. Hyung questioningly looks at me as sipping his wine.

"I'm taking off." Just in case he's probably going to ask me.

"Just one glass? That is not you, kid," he challenges behind me.

"Next time I promise I'll never get sober with you. Just let me finish our album first." I get to the door as a wave to him without turning back.

"And let you get the girl first, right?" Hyung yells and I hear him singing the Love Story song behind me. 'Lomeo, save me. I've been so alone.~'

Less than a few minutes, I go upstairs to my apartment, tiredly laying down onto my comfortable bed and dig my phone from my jean pocket. Ten messages left show over on the screen. I scroll to look at each of the previews of the messages.

Hoping something special one.

Kim Bona 8.21 p.m.
sent you a sticker.

I click into the chat and change her contact name into '킴보나'.

Kim Bona. What a cute Korean name.

Delansey Kim Delepotner. Kim Bona. I repeat her names and smiles unconsciously.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

524 7 17
he laughed, he laughed. a sick cry, sharp in the windless night. a howl of freedom to finally fight back. he tossed his head and arched his back, cac...
5.2K 206 25
An AU where South Korea is more accepting of homosexuality, especially when 2 of kpop's biggest stars come out. Kwon Jiyong, better known as G Drago...
44.3K 667 33
One second, that's all it takes where your life drastically changes. I remember bouncing in my seat on my way to see my brother perform for the first...
30.9K 1.7K 65
[180511~Ranked #12 in most impressive ranking #BIGBANG] [180512~ Ranked #1 in most impressive ranking #nyongtory] Jiyong found an envelope written '...