Married to The Job

By itsandreasachs

#WATTYS2020 Working for years in the Blue House as a staff in the crisis management department, Son Yejin kne... More

Prologue : The Wed Job
State Banquet
Illusion of Truth
Bewildered
Testing the Waters
Kissing The Bride
Lago di Como
Bath Bombs
Safety Net
Vulnerable
The Revelers
Gentlemen's Enigma
Long Awaited (7th)
Bliss
Family Tree
On Edge
When The Chips Are Down
Ace in The Hole
Bon Voyage!
Face-Down Blackjack
Granada and The Council
Perfect Storm
Star Crossed
The Elevation Between Us
No Rush, Slow Touch
Indecisive
The Shopwoman
Gallivanting
Sweet Nothing
Recipe for Disaster
Without a Backward Glance
Epilogue : The Next Job
Wattys2020

Amethyst

4.4K 241 118
By itsandreasachs

Son Yejin POV

Son Yejin. 28. Single.
Occupation: crisis management staff for the Blue House.

Working in the Blue House as a staff for President Hyun's was a privilege for me. I was a fresh graduate who was very lucky to be picked by Park Heesoo, the crisis manager for President Hyun's ministry. I was an intern in his law firm but one day, he needed a female staff there and I signed in.

My job was described as handling the disruptive and unexpected event that threatens to harm the image of the administration, especially President Hyun. The salary was superb but what I loved most was the experiences. Thrilling. I became one of the first persons who knows about a national crisis and being a part of those who handles it. This job shaped me to be a tough, efficient, and calm person. I was trained on how to handle a crisis elegantly.

My official working hours were 9/5, but later I realized that I had to standby 24/7. I was still single and had no one to take care of back in my flat so I had no reason to object whenever Park Heesoo summons me in for taking care of President Hyun and his family.

President Hyun had an image as a great family man, no scandal from the past, and loved his family dearly. The first lady, Mrs. Hyun, was a good balance for the stiff President Hyun. I liked to call her in a more formal way, Mrs. President. She was a cheerful woman and being loved by the staff and the whole country.

In my first week in the Blue House, I got special attention from Mrs. President. An accident almost happened in my first week of working, during an estate dinner. Mrs. President wore a cocktail dress, that happened to be a similar dress that was worn by a runway model last night at Fashion TV live catwalk show. I just happened to saw the TV show the day before during my supper before bed. Problem was, the model suffered a wardrobe malfunction on the catwalk, of a loose back zipper.

Mrs. President was standing beside her husband, greeting the guests in a formal dinner. I quickly passed the President Security Service and made a gesture for an 'emergency on Sharon 1' to one of the agents. I was supposed to be stopped by the agents but this PSS guy Choi Youngjae, stepped back to give me a way to quickly held the zipper which was already started to go down on Mrs. President's back. Followed a minute later, her personal team came and took her from there.

It was no big deal, but Mr. and Mrs. President summoned me the next day to personally thanked me. I quickly drew attention from my manager Mr. Park and I was promoted from an intern to an official staff. Started from there, I got special attention from Mrs. President, in a good way, and become my manager's favorite one.

Then there was their son, Hyun Bin. A wealthy playboy who spends his time enjoying himself, irresponsible, and attached to several casual sex relationships. Impossibly gorgeous, and definitely not the marrying type.

He caused trouble. Too many troubles. From being linked to date famous celebrities, a princess from another country, and recently, he got caught attending a sex party. Other than that were over speed limit driving, raging out in public over a treatment that didn't meet his standard, still, a long list to go, things that typical snob man does.

I knew that his parents were at the point that they can't tolerate no more. He has to be tamed, handled, seriously taken care of, or we, the crisis management department, would have to work extra hard to save President Hyun's image. He will run for re-election and start the campaign in the next three months, and his son's hobbies weren't helping at all.

Just last night, Hyun Bin caused another scene in a night club. He got into a fight with a European prince. Mr. Park and I had to come and cleaned up the mess there, at 3.30 AM. Mr. Park dealt with the European prince, and I consorted him back to his mansion in the Blue House.

I made sure that he made to his bedroom and ordered the house maid to get me some ice-cold compress for his bruises. This kind of task was usually being handled by a personal assistant. But it was past 4.00 AM when we arrived in the Blue House, there was no personal assistant on duty.

The maid gave the ice compress to me. We were still waiting for the presidential team doctor to come. I decided to step inside the opened door bedroom and walked approaching him on the couch.

I smelled alcohol on him. He was drunk and messed up. He closed his eyes but didn't sleep either. I knelt beside him and greeted him, unsure what word to use, it was still dark but already in the morning.

"Good morning, Mr. Hyun, I'm Son Yejin, one of Mr. Park Heesoo's staff. Your face is bruised and the doctor is on their way here. I've been asked to give you this cold compress for your forehead. May I, Sir?"

"Fuck off."

"I beg your pardon, Sir?"

He looked up to me, and smile.

"Well hello, beautiful. I thought you're the assistant. Thank you for the compress, but unless you're here kneeling to give me a blowjob, then get your sexy ass out of here!"

Wow, that was insulting. Every male in this Blue House was careful with their language, especially to women.

I knew he was a jerk, but I rarely talk to him directly. Usually, it would be Mr. Park who deals with him.

"I will pretend that you never said those words, Sir. Now I put this ice compress over here, it's up to you to use it or not. I'm going out now."

I put the ice compress on the table next to him, stood up, and turned my heels out of the room.

"I don't know that Mr. Park kept a pretty girl in his office. How long have you been working here?"

"I work here, Sir, not being kept, and it's my fourth year. Goodbye."

"I'm not done with you yet."

"You can summon me later when you were sober. The doctor has arrived. Excuse me."

"What's your name?"

I pretended not hearing his question and walked out of his bedroom.

On my way out, I met Youngjae, the PSS agent.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"I am. You're assigned here now?"

"I'll be assigned for the morning shift start at 8."

"But it's still 4.30."

"I heard that Tiger1 got into a fight with a Europan price? My commander asked me and some of us to get ready earlier."

Tiger1 was the PSS code name for Mr. Hyun, while Sharon1 was for his mother, Mrs. President.

"Oh, really? Where are your friends from the morning shift then?"

"They...are on their way."

"Okay then. Your Tiger1 is inside with the doctor."

"Are you okay? You look exhausted."

"You think? I got to wake up at 3 to pick that Tiger1 of yours from the club, dragged him inside, and..just forget it. I want to rest for a while, I have to come back here at 8."

"Where? Home?"

"My office's couch. Mr. Park's."

"Do you need help? Coffee? Breakfast?"

"I'm fine. Thank you. Just..focus. You're on duty Youngjae."

I left him and walked away. I wasn't stupid, I knew he was more attentive to me compared to anyone else, but to date a colleague in the Blue House? Big no. I'll lose this job immediately.

"Yejin, drink your coffee, and follow me." Mr. Park snapped me up. I was almost fell asleep on my desk, tired and sleepy.

I sipped my latte and followed him out.

"Where are we going to, Sir?"

"The President's mansion."

"Should I bring something?"

"Son Yejin and awake."

"Is this related to Mr. Hyun last night?"

"I think. What happened last night after you escorted him back home?"

"Nothing unusual, Sir. He was back home, the doctor came to check on him, then I was out of there."

"In between? Nothing?"

"Nothing."

"Be honest."

"He was calling me names, no big deal."

"Shit. When will he stop acting like these? I hope after this he will change. I feel like I had to deal with cleaning up his mess more often than the actual national crisis."

"What do you mean by this? after this he will change? How was the prince anyway?"

"Prince is fine, his name is Alastair from Monaco. Both parties have agreed to end last night in peace and dropped it."

"And then after this, he will change?"

"I'll save it for President Hyun to explain it to you."

What was going on?

We arrived in the President's mansion.  If President Hyun summons his staff here, it means he will talk about his family's business, not the state business. President Hyun and the First Lady have waited for us in the study, and the PSS closed the door behind us. Leaving only the four of us inside.

"Good afternoon, Mr. President, Mrs. President." Mr. Park greeted and bowed to them.

"Mr. Park, Miss Son, please have a seat. What I'm going to talk with you two is a very secret and sensitive topic. I would ask for your discretive when you leave this room."

"Yes, Sir."

"Miss Son, I have read your file, but I want to reconfirm it in person. Are you single?"

When we were out from the President's mansion, I had to get grip on the wall next to me. I was in total shock. Married? Next week? To him?!

What kind of assignment was that?!

I was spaced out on my way back to my office.
"Yejin, are you okay?"

"Mr. Park, are you kidding? Of course not! What mistake did I do that I have to be assigned on this mission impossible?"

"It's no impossible. It would be likely to work."

"What will my parents react to this? How can I explain it to them?!"

"President Hyun has called your parents."

"What?! Did he call my parents even before asking me first about the assignment? How long has this been planned?"

"This morning. President Hyun called your parents by himself. He said that his son has proposed to you and he wants to throw the wedding next week. Your parents were ecstatic, as predicted. The idea came from President Hyun, and the First Lady was the one who chose you. This is all because it is a direct order from the number one man in this country, a special assignment, who dare to reject it anyway? Play along, Yejin."

"Oh, God. How am I going to play this?"

"Play the good wife. Do you remember Alicia from The Good Wife? Learn from the show. Whenever your husband causes a scene out there, you will stand up for him, covered it up, defense him, basically everything we do every day in managing crisis but now, he is the crisis you have to deal with, by being his wife."

"What about moving to his mansion? Start dating? Share the bedroom? Are you kidding me?!"

"That is how far President Hyun has trusted you, Yejin. Take it as an honor. You are trusted by them. Your soon to be parents in law are the number one man and woman in South Korea!"

"Oh my God, Mr. Park, this is the most absurd assignment I ever have known!"

"Believe me, Yejin, there are other unique assignments when you work for the president. You're a big girl, I have known you for years as a very calm person. Why are you freaking out now?"

"Why didn't President Hyun assign it to a PSS agent? They are great at undercover assignments, almost all of them were used to be NIS agents, weren't they?"

"I have thrown the idea too, but Mrs. President thought that you are a good optics to be matched with her son. Admit it, Hyun Bin is good looking, isn't he? There are a lot of women out there who would die for this job. Being tied to a handsome face wouldn't that hurt."

Mr. Park let out a long exhale and patted my arm.

"Son Yejin, this is an order, get yourself together! It's not like they ask you to have a sexual relationship, it's for imaging purposes only. This is a good opportunity to develop your career. You want to stay here as long as possible, don't you? You want to be my successor one day, don't you?"

"Fine. I do, I do. I'll figure out about the sleeping arrangement. I'll do it professionally. I won't disappoint you, Mr. Park. So I and he have to be appeared dating start from tomorrow?"

"Tonight. You will escort him in a state dinner with the ministers, sit beside him. President Hyun will introduce you to the guest as his soon to be daughter in law. Expect for media frenzy tomorrow, as the Blue House will release an official statement about your wedding plan at 9 AM."

"Then I have to go back to my apartment now to collect my things."

"You better be. Some PSS agents will guide you. Remember, Yejin. This wed assignment is a secret assignment."

"I won't disappoint you, Sir."

Three PSS agents have escorted me back to my apartment. I was being asked to collect only my necessities, as I was informed by Mrs. President that tomorrow I will get new set of designer clothes, shoes, bags, and chosen brand for toiletries and makeups. I will have my own stylist and glam team. I will have bridal treatment seven days straight. I haven't even met my groom yet, sober.

One of the PSS agents who was assigned to me was Youngjae. He watched me throwing things inside my bags carelessly.

"What happened? Care to explain?" He asked.

"I can't. But I want you to hear it from me. I will marry Hyun Bin, next week."

"Hyun Bin as President Hyun's son? The rebel Tiger1?"

"Yes, your Tiger1."

His face immediately turned pale and looked shocked.

"Are you kidding me? I don't know you date him."

"I'm not. I don't. But I was kinda being proposed this afternoon and I said yes."

He was staring at me for quite a long time before finally looked down and nodded. "I understand. I'm happy for you."

"I wish I could tell you more, but now I have to pack these things in a hurry."

"I get it. Honestly, I was surprised an hour ago with my new assignment. I was no longer being assign to Mr. Hyun but you. I though you got into a serious trouble or carrying something important that need a PSS guard."

"It is, a serious trouble, Youngjae. You, are assigned to me? Who else?"

"A group of five, but the main agents are me and Choonja."

"Choonja? Nice. So she will stay around me every day?"

"Yes, and so will I."

"I have a code name too now?"

"Yes. Amethyst1."

Everything in the next hours went fast and blurred. I was being moved to Hyun Bin's private mansion inside the Blue House estate. I was greeted by Mrs. President herself there.

"Mrs. President," I greeted her.

"Welcome, Son Yejin. I'll take you to your room. You will share the bedroom with my son, and make everyone including the agents around you believe that you two have been secretly together for a while."

"Yes, Ma'am."

"Now I will leave you here, you will be dressed by your glam team and go to the estate dinner with him. Good luck, Yejin."

The glam team came and introduced themselves, then quickly dressed and dolled me up in a pastel cocktail dress.

I was being asked to wait for him inside his room. He wasn't there yet. His bedroom was quite big, and there was a big comfortable couch in the corner of the room. I was planning to negotiate the couch for me tonight. There was no way I would share the bed with him.

Not that he wasn't that hot and good looking, but I've seen the worst acts from him. If the handsome face was all I look for, there were a lot of other handsome faces out there. To step into that level of relationship, it would take more than just a handsome face. What about a kind heart? Choi Youngjae definitely had both the kind heart and handsome face.

I guess we would end up waiting for each other until Youngjae or I would resign from our respective job.

Minutes later, Hyun Bin stepped inside the bedroom. He was, oh God, how to say it? I saw Youngjae every day working in a black suit, but Hyun Bin in a black suit? Forget what I said about handsome Youngjae. Bin was hot.

"Miss Son, welcome to our bedroom. I assumed you have been briefed by my Mom and Dad, haven't you?"

"Good evening, Mr. Hyun. I have."

"You look tense. Do you want some drink?" he poured a bottle of whiskey to the glass.

"I can't. I'm on duty."

"Fine, let's see how long that defensive wall of yours will stand. It's funny that less than 24 hours you already back here as my fiance."

"Not for real. It's an assignment, Sir."

He pulled out a small box from his pocket and opened it. There was a beautiful diamond ring inside.

"It should fit on your finger, it even has my name engraved on it. Hands, please." he took the ring and opened the palm of his hand in front of me.

I held out my left hand in front of him. He gently held mine and slid the ring on my finger. He smiled mischievously and darted his eyes sharp on me.

"Well, Miss Son, I see you have settled here. My parents may have explained to you the rules and details about this wed job for the next four to five months, but I have my own rules. One thing for sure, this is my bedroom, and I rule here."

I gulped. "Yes, Sir."

"It's Bin, please, but babe sounds better, alright?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.3K 2.8K 17
What if he is her only chance? Her only chance to be free from her father and her brother. Also, a chance for her to pursue her dreams. Being as bril...
143K 7.5K 54
Marriage is the most wonderful bond between two loving souls who promise to live forever. However, it is not for the wedding of Son Ye Jin and Hyun B...
23.1K 1.8K 34
It is more than 20 years since Yoon Seri crash landed on Ri Jeong-hyeok and they have had everything they ever dreamed of: love, marriage, family and...
251K 7.6K 20
When Dr. Son Ye Jin resurfaced in Dr. Hyun Bin's hospital in Korea, he didn't know what else to do. Can the two great doctors work together in saving...