Diana Of Alcotta (Yrsoreth Ch...

By E_Manawari

To make your beloved a king-it's either you die or he does. ༒♛♔ ♛༒ Diana knows the future. She also knew that... More

Welcome to Gran Dacchia
♔ Meet The Majesties
SEASON 1 ♛ Prologue
1♔ Beginning of the End
3 ♔ Tea of Three
4 ♛ Scarlett The Maid
5 ♔ Night of Unexpected
6 ♛ Aboard Hudithe II
7 ♔ Black Flags at Sea
8 ♛ The Alcotta Isle
9 ♔ The Duke of Norvillon
10 ♚ Talk of Gods
11 ♔ To Rule the World
12 ♚ Good Night, My Prince
13 ♔ Painting Gold with Copper
14 ♚ Born of Nine Months
15 ♔ Blood of the Bastard
16 ♚ Ring for Queens
17 ♔ Beautiful Surprises
18 ♚ The Power of a Name
19 ♔ Short Barrel Chronicles
20 ♛ Teeth on Flesh
21 ♔ Calm Before the Storm
22 ♛ Wylola's Curse
23 ♔ A Song for Her King
24 ♛ Woman from Silk Chambers
25 ♔ The Prince and the Whore
26 ♛ Pamela, The Savior
27 ♔ A Dagger on Her Thigh
28 ♛ Loyalty in Her Cup
29 ♔ The Last Ball
30 ♛ Long Live The King
31 ♔ Congratulations, My Lady
32 ♛ Diana of Alcotta
Special Chapter: The Bastard Prince
👑 SOON
Map and Visuals
SEASON 2 ♔ Prologue
33 ♛ The Tyrant's Ascent
34 ♔ Rulers of the Sea
35 ♛ Dead Flowers and Butterflies
36 ♔ Anna of Levich
37 ♛ The Woman of Another
38 ♔ Tea of Two
39 ♛ The Madman's Assembly
40 ♔ Deathless Angkahalla
41 ♛ Prodigal Baroness
42 ♔ An Emperor and A Crab
43 ♛ Guts and Gods
44 ♔ The Lion and the Flower
45 ♛ Abandonment in Paper
46 ♔ A Villainess In Red
47 ♛ Ak Bu'hir
48 ♔ Fiction for the Emperor
49 ♛ Ash Bu'hir
50 ♔ Desperation In Syllables
51 ♛ The Little Fish
52 ♔ Room 17 Encounters
53 ♛ The Deal of Two
END 54 ♔ The Kingmaker

2 ♛ Schemes of Two

3.8K 223 44
By E_Manawari

It has been a day after the incident, and Silver Palace, the second prince's official residence, buzzed with activity due to its new resident, a lady unheard of, and now, the Xander's fiancee.

It would have been a taboo for an unmarried couple under the same roof, but the royal family has always been an exception. Polygamy, interfamilial marriage to even fraternal siblings, the exception of judicial judgment, and all Xander think was wrong with the world. All just because they were born from the first king who established a kingdom, no matter how dilute the blood is.

The queen had already sent a welcoming gift and apology for being occupied at the moment for the first prince's twenty-fifth birthday. The sentiment materialized into a pearl necklace cradled by the velvet box.

But no jewel hung on Diana's neck, nor any part of her body. If it weren't for Velyn, the palace's head maid, his fiancee wouldn't even be clothed in a pastel hue of blue and black laces as she sits uncomfortably across him.

There were no servants in the room, a strange arrangement for nobles who might as well let others lift the cup for them to drink. But Xander could not risk any leak of information.

"I'm glad you are doing better." He put down the cup that was already tested negative for poison by his loyal servants.

Diana could not even hold the cup, nor breathe in front of him. She just sat there, in her sunken eyes, the same when she wept in his arms last night. Only then her sniffles ceased when his men removed the body. He shielded the rain cloak around her and took her straight to his residence.

"That dead man, he was your stepbrother, Baron Alcotta," he said, confirming from her mouth what already was the truth.

"He is, Your Highness."

For different reasons, she cried for Michael Alcotta last night, but it was no time to ask questions. Even Ysivan, let him go from killing an unknown man.

"He traveled here when he returned from shipment to the southern isles. He wanted me back... to return with him, no matter what. He was too... affectionate." She bled out the last word with disgust.

"Did he touch you?" He asked after a silence.

It was no way, a prince nor any educated man's words to a lady. Yet, there was no other way to filter in inquiring the ugly truth. No such beautiful words exist.

She shook her head, her lips trembled. "I never allowed myself to be alone with him. He was always away on merchant ships or gambling. And when the letter of betrothal arrived, I took the matter myself and... came to the capital. Michael didn't know about the letter until she returned, and I wasn't there."

Fled. He would have said.

"And yet..." He didn't finish. "But fleeing from him, is that why you accepted the queen's appointment to be my fiancee?"

She met his eyes, about to say something but faintly shook her head. The strength in her gaze slowly returned to her eyes. "... There are many reasons, Your Highness. But most of all, I want to save the island. Our fief is dying, and our people are starving. I wanted your assistance. In exchange for betrothal, I will help you claim the throne."

"But you could never explain to me how."

"...The Ducal House of Hearth, if you can get their support.."

"Impossible," he cut her off. "Their only daughter, Therese Hearth is engaged to my brother-"

"-Then snatch her." There was certainty in her voice, no trace of guilt for a vulgar suggestion If coveting another man's woman, his brother of all people. "You can do it if you want to."

"How certain can you be?"

"She loves you, doesn't she?"

Silence passed.

He and Therese are indeed childhood friends. After she was betrothed to Niccolus, she wept in his arms by the 'tragedy,' as said in her tongue, but no words of confession passed between them. All he wished was that she would not be torn in the war for the crown. He had distanced himself for a year now, exchanged no letters and only polite greetings in official events.

Yet, the girl in front of him, has freely suggested that Therese, who was just a victim of being born a noble, be used as a tool.

In a grave tone with controlled anger, he said, "Be careful with your words. Do not speak her name in this mess."

"If you want, it would be easy for you to seduce her."

Alex had never shown impatience, nor any faulty manner since he was aware of his position. But somehow, he found himself leaning forward and openly glaring at Diana as if he wanted to cut her open. "Leave Therese out of this."

She trembled under him, but then, never averted her gaze and her voice sterner after every word. "What's wrong with using her? She loves you truly. Use her to spy on the prince and the queen. After you snatch her, we can break off our engagement. You can marry her and make her queen."

Her ideas aren't new. He had already thought of it, even before Ysivan vaguely suggested the same.

"How... do you know these things?"

"Visions... I have been having visions. You will be on the throne. Only you can rule the people."

The concept of magic and those beyond reason exists in the world. There were stories from far and wide of people traveling worlds and descendants of dragons. They say that the portal to the home of gods is in the freezing continent of Tantartik down below the globe, where no life is supposed to exist.

Their neighbor, the Holy City of Emora, are fervent believers of gods and divinity. Even in the militant kingdom of Syl Sulivar across oceans from them, the royal family is believed to have descended from elves. And now, a woman blessed with visions of the future braved to stare back at him, despite her hand clutching the tablecloth and biting her lips that it would probably bleed.

Her face said no lie. It was desperation for him to believe her words.

But the question of whether the extraordinary exists, he believes it. After all, he has witnessed akin to an extraordinary four years ago. And the only thing to describe his experience was magic.

"Only me...?" He asked, now back on his chair.

Diana took a relieved sigh with his distance. "Only you."

"Oh?" One of his eyebrows raised. With the state of the kingdom, everyone can be king. Proof of it was the current ruler Augustus, who lets the creature inside his pants rule him, rather than ruling the country well. "The crown prince is the next in line."

"...You are the only one in the vision."

Well, indeed, if the criteria are based on one's clean heart, Niccolus is probably not even an afterthought. But Xander himself is also no saint. He's been sharpening his claws and schemes for years now.

"Let's assume I believe you," he said as if he doesn't believe a word. "And if I get the throne, what's in it for you, aside from helping your people?"

She fiddled with her fingers as she peered at him and looked away. "Nothing else."

"Nothing at all?"

Diana then said, "...exclusive ownership of the marine trade routes from Alcotta to various ports, two decades of tax exemption for our exports and imports, and a school for basic knowledge and admission of notable students to the Royal Academy, and an orange bloom sent to the island every year."

Owning the marine routes to help the Alcotta territory earn by taxing merchant ships was an advantageous request. The tax exemption would also help save money for them and improve the territory's economy. "While I think sending scholars to the Royal Academy would help increase competent people in Alcotta Island, why would you also request for orange blooms? They are just flowers of a tree."

Diana shrugged. The request was a last-minute addition to her own selfishness. In all their conversation, it was clear that he does not recognize her, or more accurately, he doesn't remember at all. Almost four years have passed since they met for the first time, after all.

"Vanity," she said, looking at his eyes that were colder than the first time she saw them. "Not everyone can say they have received flowers from the king every year."

Xander chuckled. Somehow it made sense, but he did not peg Diana to be vain. "Deal then. But just remember that I do not forgive betrayal, nor tolerate deadweight. Once you do not deem yourself useful, I have no need for you."

"I know. The same goes for me, Your Highness." Diana said his title sarcastically. And yet, he let her courage pass.

"Now that you are the remaining heir of the House Alcotta, and officially be a Baroness soon, you can decide freely on your own."

"Yes, but Michael's death would create a scandal. Brother was not known, but he's still a noble. They might use it against you."

"I've got that covered," he replied with confidence. Ysivan looked like he'd die from a stroke when they found out the body's identity. But his mood went a turnaround when Xander laid his plans to dodge the turmoil.

"All we have left is you to tell me your visions. I won't solely rely on them. I have my plans, but reassurance isn't a bad idea." He leaned back on his chair, eyed Diana as she did to him.

There was no signed contract, yet he had so much confidence that it won't break. And if ever Diana would betray him nor prove herself useless, there are many ways to silence the screamer. A traitor could not betray someone in death, nor can they talk. After all, he didn't survive until now without dirtying his hands.

Xander smiled gently, yet Diana watched him with caution. "Now, my betrothed, our deal is sealed. Do your part, make me king."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.2K 1.4K 28
In which Parker Maybank can't stay away from the kook princess. Or, when Sarah Cameron falls for a chaotic pogue. "You sure you can handle this, Prin...
40.5M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...
17.2K 999 111
If soul mates really exist, does that mean you are supposed to be with them? Even if it means turning your back on your family and friends, values an...
2.4M 105K 110
"Princess. The title was never meant for me." The story starts with "Once upon a time" and ends up with "She died with her head unattached to her bod...