Accidentally Assisting

By espritdeva

All Rose wanted was a simple way to make money. Instead, she got Jeon Jungkook. STORY COMPLETED ON 20/11/20... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1 - So what now?
Chapter 2 - First encounter
Chapter 3 - What a brat
Chapter 4 - The worst kind of surprise
Chapter 5 - It's not your fault, Rose
Chapter 6 - Move in with me
Chapter 7 - Of course I have the guts!
Chapter 8 - Someone's about to be fired
Chapter 9 - Scaredy Cat
Chapter 10 - Why are you crying?
Chapter 11 - Your dumbest idea
Chapter 12 - We make a good team
Chapter 13 - What do you think, Rose?
Chapter 14 - What happened to your hair?
Chapter 15 - Merry Christmas
Chapter 16 - Value of a Cockroach
Chapter 17 - I care about you, too
Chapter 18 - Oh so jealous
Chapter 19 - Jungkookie
Chapter 20 - Surviving without you
Chapter 22 - Holding Hands
Chapter 23 - Whiskey and your lips
Chapter 24 - Why do you care so much, Jungkook?
Chapter 25 - Have a shot, Rose
Chapter 26 - All black
Chapter 27 - You're gorgeous
Chapter 28 - This is a mess, isn't it?
Chapter 29 - Gamer Dates
Chapter 30 - Leave Jungkook alone
Chapter 31 - Will you still be there?
Chapter 32 - As long as you're safe
Chapter 33 - Outsider
Chapter 34 - The Jungkook Quiz
Chapter 35 - Pied Piper
Chapter 36 - No you can't
Chapter 37 - Confession Time
Chapter 38 - Hickeys and boyfriends
Chapter 39 - Sleep with me
Chapter 40 - Proud of You
Chapter 41 - Too Good to Be True?
Chapter 42 - Goodbye, Bangtan
Chapter 43 - I Loved Them
Chapter 44 - You Didn't Matter
Chapter 45 - Come Home, Once Again
Chapter 46 - Legendary Rose
Chapter 47 - Long Time No Talk
Chapter 48 - Tattoos and Old Confessions
Chapter 49 - A Lovely End
Author's Note

Chapter 21 - Of Chasing Ghosts

1.2K 43 3
By espritdeva

The following two chapters are some of my faves. Enjoy the time with our favorite maknae line bros, hehe

PS: Sometimes Wattpad doesn't notify you when a new chapter is posted... so make sure you've read the previous ones before this one. 

...

And then, we leave for the tour.

If someone asked me afterward how the first weeks of the tour went, then I wouldn't be capable to describe it. I get sucked in into a whirlwind of interviews, concerts, rushed meetings in the make-up rooms, and forced naps in never-ending drives around the country.

So, in conclusion, Jungkook was right. Yes, the tour is stressful, but it's also incredibly interesting and it's definitely something I can handle. Besides, watching how happy the boys make the fans by performing really warms my heart and reminds me of why any of us are doing this. At the end of the day, it's about giving others the strength to follow their dreams and achieve everything they want in life.

One afternoon two weeks in – we're currently in Chicago after BTS has successfully concluded the Californian part of the tour – I manage to order some food from the best Korean restaurant in town for the boys. It's crazy how Koreans are fond of their food. If they can't have it, all they do is dreaming of it until they can finally taste it again.

Satisfied, I watch everyone pass around the dumplings and noodles when Taehyung calls me over. "Come eat some noodles, Rosie."

I've been avoiding noodles as part of my diet, but I don't want to decline Taehyung's offer in front of everyone as it would seem quite rude.

Jungkook smirks at me amusedly at Taehyung's "Rosie". We both know that unlike with Jungkook, I'm not comfortable enough with Taehyung to ask him to stop calling me that, so I'll just have to endure it. However, I place all my bets on the fact that Jungkook is not going to leave it alone once it's just the two of us ("If Tae hyung is allowed to call you that, so am I,").

I walk over to him and accept the clean chopsticks he's offered me. "Thank you, oppa."

Then, I start eating the noodles, which, I have to admit, are extremely delicious. Suddenly, I freeze as I catch Yoongi staring at me from the corner of my eye.

Yoongi out of all people. While I know he's not a bad guy, I'm not really sure how to interact with him since he's fairly closed off.

"M-May I help you?", I ask hesitantly.

"No." He just shakes his head. "I was just impressed. For a foreigner, you eat so well with chopsticks. Very natural. "

Oh. Even though he means well, I can't stand these types of comments. I hate it when Koreans treat me like a foreigner, especially since I've been living in their country for almost eight years.

Before I can answer, Jungkook butts in. "Why wouldn't she, hyung? She's lived in Korea for many years. She's barely a foreigner."

Excuse me? With an open mouth, I stare at him. Is my boss even aware of the freaking irony in this situation? If there's one person who's never failed to remind me that I'm a foreigner, then it's Jungkook. And suddenly, he's defending me? What got into him today?

While Jungkook fails to see the irony in the situation, Jimin clearly does as he giggles at my shocked face. "Did you have a change of heart, Jungkookie?"

"What do you mean?", Jungkook turns around to see the two of us visibly trying not to laugh and narrows his eyes. "Why are you making these faces?"

Jimin and I exchange knowing glances.

"No reason, oppa," I respond with an innocent face. "Just enjoy your food, hmm?"

The same night in the hotel room, I can't help but make that guilty stop in front of the mirror. The noodles were yummy, yes, but they'll make me look puffy tomorrow morning. And I don't even want to know how swollen my stomach is going be. Oh, why couldn't I just find a believable reason to deny Taehyung's offer?

Panicked, I call Eun without considering what time it might be in South Korea at the moment.

Surprisingly enough, she immediately responds. "Hello?"

"You're up?", I can't help but ask.

"Yes, sadly. Fuck early morning classes, honestly. Are you alright?" If she swears, then these morning classes must really piss her off. Chuckling, I imagine a grumpy Eun on the subway in Seoul – and immediately get homesick. Oh, what I would give to be in clean public transportation right instead of spending my whole day in ridiculously big, polluting cars. I've been away for so long that I've completely forgotten how huge everything here is. Why again? Why do Americans feel the need to make everything so gigantic?

"Rose?", Eun asks again as I don't react to her initial question.

Then, I suddenly remember the subject at hand. "Eun-ah," I whine. "I'm fat."

Silence at the other end of the line. Then, I hear a snort. "Sure, Rose-ah."

Is she not taking me seriously? "I'm not kidding," I complain. "I look like a pig."

"Okay, you look like a pig and Kim Yong Un is the kindest man on earth. Are we done now with the lies of the day?", my best friend asks, amused.

"Eun, please," I say sternly, hoping to get her attention like that.

The young woman at the other end of the line sighs. "Are you for real, Rose? You look beautiful. Where are all these self-doubts coming from?"

"I... I don't know," I answer meekly. "I can't stop analyzing my body. And... I might have started dieting."

"Rose!", Eun hisses at the other end of the line, making me flinch. "What the hell? Dieting in your position is stupid, unhealthy, unnecessary, and did I mention, stupid? You're on tour and you're working incredibly hard, you need to eat well, now more than ever. Do you understand?"

Precisely at that moment, someone knocks at the door. Suspicious, I glance at it. Who could it be at this hour? It's late. What does Jungkook want?

"Rose-ah! Are you even listening to me?", Eun asks impatiently at the other end of the line.

"Huh? Sorry, someone just knocked, I should probably go get that."

"Oh. Do you want me to stay on the line in case it's some creep?"

I shake my head. "No, this whole floor is only accessible by BigHit staff, it should be fine. Thank you, Eun. Have a nice day."

"Okay, but before you go, please remember what I told you, yeah? Dieting is not worth it. Don't make your body suffer, Rose."

I'm barely listening anymore, my gaze cast on the door. "Yes, sure. Bye, Eun-ah."

Then I hang up and walk towards the door before looking through the viewfinder, expecting to see Jungkook. Instead of my dear boss, however, Taehyung and Jimin are knocking on my door.

I frown. "Hmm?" What could these two want this late at night?

Surprised, I open. "Umm... good evening?"

"Rose-ah!" Taehyung greets me with his usual, boxy smile, showcasing his pearly white teeth. "Hello."

"Good, you're still awake," Jimin adds just as enthusiastically. "We were afraid you were already sleeping since it took you so long to answer."

Why are they this energetic this late at night? As a matter of fact, how can they always be this energetic in general? These boys will never stop astonishing me. Scratching my neck, I send them an apologizing smile. "Yeah, sorry about that. I was on the phone with a friend."

However, Jimin just swats my apologies away with a swat of his hand. "It's fine, but we need to go now. No more time to lose."

No more to lose for what? Frowning, I scan my mental checklist of everything I had to do for the day. Did I miss something on the schedule? Was there something going on tonight? No, if I had missed something important, they would be annoyed at me to sat the least. Instead, both Taehyung and Jimin giddy of excitement.

"Uh... okay..." Confused, I follow them out of the room since they've both started moving along the hallway in quick strides.

"Oppas?" I ask after a few seconds.

They both turn around at the same time. "Yes?"

"Would you mind explaining to me what exactly we're doing?"

"Ah, yes, of course. We haven't explained yet." Jimin smirks. "Silly us."

"Rosie," Tae tells me with widened eyes as he grabs my arm, looking like he's about to unveil the biggest secret of the century to me, "we need your help for a mission."

"A... a mission?", I ask, intrigued.

"Yes. There's a ghost in my room. We need your help to chase him away."

"Or her.", Jimin adds. "We don't discriminate."

I just blink. Are they... joking? It's hard to tell. "So, let me summarize: you need my help to catch a ghost?"

This is me giving them a chance to start bursting into laughter and explain themselves, but instead, they just stare back at me, expressions deadly serious.

Holy hell. I can't believe this is a conversation I'm having with two grown men five years older than me.

"Umm, okay. I'll help."

While it is now certain both Tae and Jimin are crazy, helping them "chase" the ghosts will distract me from my whole body confidence problems, a least for a little while. Besides, I enjoy spending time with these two boys. At least it never gets boring.

"There we are!" We've arrived in front of Taehyung's room. Waiting there for us is not other than Jeon Jungkook, engrossed in his phone. Absentmindedly, he looks up as he hears our footsteps approaching.

Of course, he's here as well. I should have expected it since this trio kind of comes as a package deal. Besides, logically thinking, if we really were up against a ghost (which, just to clarify, we aren't, because ghosts don't exist), Jungkook would be only one of us who would actually stand a chance. He's the most intimating by far, with his toned body and the dark gaze.

Not that these are aspects of his appearance that I find particularly attractive or remarkable. It was just an objective description, of course.

While Tae has a strong body as well, his innocent and kind personality makes him just as intimidating as a fly. As for Jimin, since he's probably the most peaceful and selfless human that has ever lived, he wouldn't be of much help either. Concerning me, the most intimidating thing I've done in my life was kicking a boy in the nuts in sixth grade because he called iCarly lame.

Jungkook's eyes immediately narrow as he spots me standing in between his two band members. "What is she doing here?"

Good question, Jungkook. One minute I was on the phone with my best friend, and the other minute I'm helping two world-famous grown men chase a ghost.

Funny how life works sometimes.

"We thought she could help us the catch the ghost," Jimin explains cheerfully, purposely ignoring the grumpy tone of his younger friend.

But Jungkook just crosses his arms, his black eyes gliding over me. In the past, this would have made me squirm, but now, I hold his gaze. "Really, hyung? And how is she going to do that?"

Admittedly, from Jungkook's perspective, it makes absolutely no sense to involve me in this kind of situation since he's literally witnessed me being frightened of a cat. But the two older men present here tonight are not aware of that incident and I would very much wish for it to remain that way.

Taehyung just shrugs at this, slightly pouting. "Who knows, maybe the ghost is afraid of girls."

"Just like you used to be, Jungkookie", Jimin smiles sweetly at his friend, teasing him in the slyest way possible.

Ah, finally some interesting information. The ever-so confident Jeon Jungkook was shy around girls? Hmm.

My head peaks up, and I raise an eyebrow at my boss, whose cheeks have turned into a light shade of pink. "You used to be afraid of girls?" My tone is taunting, but I've got no mercy in this situation. If it was the other way around, he wouldn't have any mercy with me either.

Jungkook simply avoids my question by looking at his two members. "Rose gets startled at her own shadow sometimes. How is she supposed to scare anyone else off?"

Before any of the boys can answer, I decide it's time I defend myself a little bit. "You think I shouldn't participate in this activity, right?"

Jungkook's eyes meet mine, his tone as condescending as ever. "That's right."

I offer him a fake smile. "All the more reason to do so, then. Come on boys, where's the ghost?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.5K 1.3K 15
"I hate you Jeon Jungkook!"
30.9K 2K 19
One side love is so painful to the death..' and that too if he ignores you.,hates you..' then it makes life was like a living hell..' That's what ji...
30.2K 2K 17
"Why are you doing this to me? You said you love me" "You made my brother lose his memory! This is not worth what you did to him"
226K 17K 20
Seokjin, gets hired for a different kind of job. This is a Taejin Fanfic. Please refer to tags prior to reading. Cover by: luvjooniedimples