Quiet Stormโ˜”๏ธ

By writtenbyYoursTrulyy

Don't judge a book by its cover, everybody's storms are quiet๐Ÿคซ. More

001.
002.
003.
004.
005.
006.
007.
008.
009.
010.
011.
012.
013.
014.
015.
016.
017.
018.
019.
020.
021.
022.
023.
024.
025.
026.
027.
028.
029.
030.
031.
032.
033.
035.
036.
037.
038.
039.
040.
041.
042.

034.

7.9K 322 1.2K
By writtenbyYoursTrulyy

Essence's POV
A week later...

"See you after school Raymond." I said to the bodyguard who's been taking me, Kash, Laila, and Curtis to school every morning.
"Y'all kids be good." He said and Laila waved before he pulled off.
We all started towards the school building while everybody stared at us like they have been since last week. We hadn't heard from that anonymous person in like 2 weeks and the whispers had gone down about Laila, and she could finally breathe.

Kash put his arm around my shoulder and kissed my forehead while we walked through the doors. Immediately, Greg, Rodney, Hannah, and Rodney's girlfriend found us and started to give us hugs.
"What y'all been up to? Y'all still rolling up in that big body Benz every morning." Greg said as we made our way into the cafeteria before the first bell rang.
"It's because we have to, if not I would've still been in my lovely car." Laila said and sighed.

"Y'all rolling up to the party at Tatiana house tonight? I heard everybody supposed to be there." Rodney said as we sat down at our normal table.
"We can't." All of us said in unison and they smacked they're lips.
"We know y'all on lockdown or whatever but come on. The party is invite only, there's only gonna be a handful of people there. It lasts till like 12 but we can leave earlier than that." Rodney said while taking some hot Cheetos out of his girlfriend's bag.

I looked at Kash and then Laila but Laila was already looking at me and we started communicating through facial expressions. Laila was basically in agreement but I was a little iffy about it.
"Y'all aren't seriously thinking about going right?" Curtis said as everybody watched us.
"I mean nobody would really notice we're gone besides Raymond, and we can just tell him we all have practice today, and I have detention." Laila explained and I looked at Kash.

"I don't know, I'm a little on the edge about it. I'm not really one to break the rules unless it's my parents cause I don't like them." I said and Hannah tilted her head.
"Come on, it's only once. If you guys go then we will never ask you to break the rules again." She said and Greg nodded.
"Kash?" I said and he looked down at me for a second.

"I mean I don't really have a problem with it, I sneak out all the time." He said and then we all looked at Curtis.
He looked like he was thinking for a second and then he noticed us looking at him. "What?" He said Laila nudged him.
"Is it the move or not? We're 2 against 1 right now." Kash asked him and Curtis let out a breath.
"Alright. But if this goes to shit and your brother finds out, I'm gonna be the first person to say I told you so." He said and Laila chuckled before laying on his shoulder.

We engaged in a conversation for a second about prom which is in a couple months before Hannah's phone went off.
"I gotta use the bathroom babe, I'll be back." She said getting up and kissing his cheek.
"I'll go with her." Rodney's girlfriend said getting up.
"Why do girls do that?" Greg said watching them walk off.

"Do what?" Me and Laila said at the same time.
"Y'all go to the bathroom in huddles, y'all don't even be using the bathroom most of the time." Rodney said and we laughed.
"It's just like a sister code thing. Especially like at a party or something, you never let the girl go to the bathroom alone because you don't know what could happen." Laila explained and I nodded.
"Yeah I remember this school dance I went to in 8th grade, I went to the bathroom by myself because Laila was dancing with Nayah. I went to the bathroom and there was 3 girls in there that I had beef with and they literally jumped me." I said and Laila shook her head.

"Damn why didn't I know about this?" Kash said and I shrugged.
"Cause it's old now, that was like 4 years ago. Plus Laila beat them up and Jayla beat all their big sister's up so it didn't matter." I said and Laila laughed.
"My sister really doesn't play, she lined all them bitches up too. In her head scarf and everything." She said and we all laughed.

We were about to start talking again but first bell rang and everybody started clearing the cafeteria. Me, Rodney, and Curtis, and Hannah had first hour together in Spanish. Laila, Rodney's girlfriend, Kash, and Greg had their first hour together in Math.
"Aye Essence you did the homework?" Rodney said and I nodded.
"Yeah I'll give it to you when we get there." I said and he nodded before jogging off to his locker.

"See you in gym baby." I said fixing Kash's collar.
"Mmmhm have good day." He said and pecked my lips twice before walking off.
15 minutes into class, the teacher was picking up the homework and Rodney hurriedly passed my paper back to me.
"Hey, where's Hannah?" I said to Rodney who was sitting beside me and Curtis who was behind him.
"I don't know she prolly skipping." Curtis said lowly while texting on his phone.

Rodney got a text message and as soon as he pulled out his phone he looked at Curtis and they both laughed. That laugh was short lived because the teacher caught them.
"Rodney, give me that phone." The teacher said and Curtis hurried up and put his phone in his lap.
"Ms-" Rodney started to say but she cut him off.
"I'm not in the mood for your games today Rodney, give me that phone right now or it goes to the principal's office." She said pushing her glasses up on her face.

"Mane." He mumbled under his breath before getting yo and giving it to her.
When he walked back to his desk, Curtis laughed and Rodney bucked at him.
"Ms. Harris can I use the bathroom?" I said raising my hand.
"Of course sweetie." She said smiling at me and Rodney smacked his lips.
"How come you like her and not me what the fuck?" He said and she snapped her head towards him as I stood up.

"Because she doesn't do things like curse in my classroom. Next stop your in the dean's office." She said and I laughed before leaving the classroom.
I walked down the hall and into the bathroom and looked under the stalls and I didn't see any feet so I was the only one in here.
I went to the second stall and started to do my business for a minute until I heard the bathroom door open and a couple voices.

I hurriedly lifted my legs up so whoever they were couldn't see me.
"Do you have anymore pictures to expose?" I heard a familiar voice and I tilted my head.
"Girl I don't know but I ma try to find some. The whispers have gone down about Laila and people wanna act like shit is back to normal. Her hoe ass ain't getting off that easily." I heard an unfamiliar voice and I immediately felt like saying something because who the fuck is talking about my best friend?

"Why did you wanna do this in the first place? You never told me." I heard that same familiar voice and I tried to put my finger on it.
"Because that bitch ruined my relationship. If I don't get to have nobody then she doesn't either. Stupid ass bitch." That voice said and I felt my body temperature rising but I couldn't say anything until I knew who it was.
"Yeah she's kind of a hoe anyways. Greg was flirting with her at her party and she was all giggling and blushing, then went and swallowed Curtis's tongue." That person said and that voice became more familiar in my head, Hannah?

"That's so foul, all that and Nayah be still simping over her like she some special trophy. Ugly ass girl." I heard and I couldn't take it anymore.

I slowly stood to my feet and silently pulled my pants up before looking through the crack of the stall. I looked and seen Hannah and that same lightskin girl that Nayah was cheating on Laila with. The same girl that I beat up at the restaurant.
I silently gasped and put my hand over my mouth and started to put two and two together. Kash was right, Hannah was the one working with the anonymous person, and that anonymous person just so happened to be the girl Nayah cheated on Laila with.

It all started to add up in my head. Laila said that Nayah told her that she called this girl her "best friend." And if that's true, then the reason this girl knows so much about Laila is because Nayah told her. And the reason this girl knows so much about Laila's birthday is because she's working with Hannah.
This is some crazy scandalous shit!!

"Who in there?" Hannah said knocking me out my thoughts.

"I know you hear us, you eavesdropping?" That girl said and my stall door started shaking.
"Come the fuck out." Hannah said and I backed up.
"Ladies! Are you skipping again? My office, now!" I heard the Dean's voice and I covered my mouth while both of them groaned.

Once I heard the bathroom fall silent, I finally flushed the toilet with my foot and then walked out of the stall. I rolled up my sleeves and washed my hands while thinking about what just happened.
I dried my hands and hurried out of the bathroom. I went back down the hallway and back into the classroom where the attention immediately fell back on me.
"You were in the bathroom for quite a while Miss Taylor." The teacher told me as I had my back against the door.

"Sorry Ms. Harris, I had some... feminine problems going on." I said and some of the boys groaned.
"Well in that case, never mind. Take a seat and turn to page 134 in your textbook." She said and I nodded before sitting down.
"What happened? Why you look so spooked?" Curtis told me as I sat down and stared off into space.

"Guys.." I said and they looked at me. "I think I know who that anonymous person is." I said and they both scrunched their eyebrows before looking at each other.
"What? Who?" Rodney whispered to me.
"I was in the bathroom and-" I started and got cut off.
"Stop talking in my class." The teacher said and I faced back forward.

"I'll tell you guys after class." I whispered before opening my textbook and started taking notes.

Sin's POV
7 hours later...

"Where are we at?" I said walking into Ghost's office with him and his friends.
"We haven't found anything yet but we're getting down to the last Burroughs of the city." Caleb said as I sat down.

"You know boss, it really would be helpful if you had your old boss come in. We could go through this much faster." Ghost told me and I didn't responded, I just took a sip of my Red Bull.

"He's right, if you would stop being so damn stubborn." Smoke said and I just tuned everybody out for a second.
I thought about it in my head about how much of an impact he would make. He has connections all over the world, let alone the country. I know he has a hacker guy that was here before Ghost and he was just as good, maybe even better than Ghost. Quincy knows this city inside and out and I'm sure he has more workers than I do.
After a second I sighed and leaned forward.
"Bring him in." I said out loud making everybody in the room stop.

"What? You serious?" Yoshi said and I nodded.
"Get him on the phone." I said before running my hand down my face.
"On it." Dj said and I nodded before drinking another 5-hour energy.
"Those things are gonna be the death of you man, eat some real food." P said nudging my shoulder.
"I'm fine." I said rubbing my eyes before getting up.

30 minutes later...

"Have you guys already tracked the number down?" Quincy's hacker guy, Iso, said.
"Yeah it's a burner phone." Ghost responded, never looking up from his computer.

"Well what's the- Sebastian?" Iso said and I lifted my head up, I haven't heard the name Sebastian since high school. Which just so happens to be Ghost's real name.

Ghost looked up and locked eyes with Iso before putting his laptop on his desk.
"Dad?" He said standing up and I looked at Quincy and he was just as surprised as I was.
"Dad? The legendary Iso is your father?" Yoshi said. "This shit just keeps getting better." He said and I glanced at him.

"Damn son, I never knew you took up after me. I thought you went to college." Iso said and giving Ghost a manly hug.
"No, I make way better money here." Ghost said fixing his glasses.
"We'll talk later. So what's the situation? We're looking for a girl?" Iso said leaning on Ghost's desk.

"My girlfriend, Reggie has her." I spoke up and he nodded.
"And what did he say you had to do to get her back?" He said and I put out my blunt.
"6 million and my entire empire." I said and the room fell silent.
"The whole thing? This must be some special girl." He said and I nodded.

"It's also his ex girlfriend, they got a lot of history together." I said and Yoshi tilted his head.
"I didn't know Jayla was Reggie's ex." He said and but I didn't respond.
"I didn't either." Richy said and Iso scrunched his eyebrows.
"What kind of history?" He said folding his arms.
"He was her first boyfriend, they met when she was in high school but he was like 20, and he used to beat on her." Dj said and I turned my nose up.

"Nigga how you know?" P said before I could.
"She told me, when she did my hair at her house." He said and I let out a breath.
"Yeah, and I guess they was supposed to have a baby together but she had a miscarriage or something. He's raped her before, and she's the reason he went to jail for that domestic violence and rape charge." I explained and he looked at Ghost.
"So what was the plan son?" He said and Ghost let out a breath.

"I had checked every warehouse in the city and all of them were occupied by people who didn't even know Reggie, so he's in a house..." Ghost started to explain but I zoned out for a second as the good conversations I've had with Jayla just this past week clouded my head.

*Flashback to two weeks ago ( these are not in any of the chapter, it's between the time lapse )*

"How do you feel about big girls?" My beautiful ass girlfriend asked me while passing me the blunt we were sharing at 3 in the morning.

"What you mean like dating one?" I said and then inhaled the blunt.
"Yeah, like would you?" She asked me while grabbing one of the many Debbie snacks we had laid out on the bed.

I shrugged. "I honestly don't know, I mean if I really like her then I would. But she can't be too overweight tho, if she on her way to my 600 pound life in the next 8 years then no." I said and she busted out laughing.
"Why did you ask tho?" I said blowing out smoke through my nose before opening my mouth.
"Because I used to be one." She said and I choked on the brownie she gave me.

"Baby I'm serious." She said patting my back while I coughed.
"What are you talking about?" I said catching my breath.
"Back in highschool, I lot a loooot of weight before I met you." She said and I tilted my head.
"Were you born like that?" I said and she shook her head.

"No, my mom used to be one of the baddest bitches on the block actually. But I only gained so much weight because I used to be stressed out all the time about the bills and stuff, and when I get stressed I cook and I eat. So for like a year or two I just ate and ate and ate, and I was pushing like 300 pounds baby." She said and my eyebrows shot up.
"No shit?" I said passing the blunt back to her.

"Yup, better be glad we met when we did." She said grabbing a bag of chips.
"It didn't matter baby, if it's meant to be then it will." I said and kissed her cheek.
"Have I ever told you I love you?" She said and I smiled before kissing her twice.
"You have baby, a million times." I said grabbing the tub of ice cream off of the nightstand and one of the spoons.

"Have I ever told you I can play basketball?" She said and I looked at her while opening the ice cream.
"Since when?" I said while I watched her sit up on her knees.
"Hold on watch." She said and I seen her put her hands behind her back and pull her shirt up.
I didn't know what she was doing but she closed one of her eyes and then she pulled her bra out of her shirt.

I raised one of my eyebrows as she held it up and then folded it.
"If I make this in the hamper you're making dinner tomorrow." She said and I looked at the hamper that was right next to the bathroom which was across the room.
"If you don't you're giving me morning head for a week." I said shoving ice cream in my mouth.

She stuck out her hand and I shook it. I watched her as she threw her bra and it barely made it passed the night stand before it fell. I busted out laughing.
"Sin stop it's not funny." She said getting up and picking up her bra to throw it in the hamper.
"I know but that morning head finna hit in the morning." I said doing a dance with my shoulders.

"I don't like you." She said crawling back into the bed.
"I know you don't, but you love me so it doesn't matter." I said putting the ice cream down and then started putting the snacks on the floor.

"Mmhmm are you going to sleep?" She asked me as I got up to turn off the light.
"Hell nah, not without loving my woman first." I said taking my shirt off.

"Ooooo and how do you plan on doing that handsome man?" She said sitting up on the headboard and watching me get into bed after turning on the lamp.
I sat next to her and then patted my leg. "Come here sexy." I said and she put her snack down before sitting in my lap.
"You know sometimes I think about how when Legend gets older, if he still remembers that I'm not his actual mom." She said as my hands wandered her thigh as she talked.

"We will deal with that problem when it approaches us, but he will love you anyway." I said before lifting her tank top over her titties before starting to suck on them.
"Wow I never thought t-that would feel so good." She stumbled over her words making me smirk on the inside.

*End of Flashback*

Who knows the next time we will be able to get high at 2, almost 3 in the morning and eat snacks and then fuck till the sun comes up. Who would've known that this would happen literally the day after that.

"Sin. Earth to Sin" I heard and looked up to see everybody staring at me.
"What?" I said and I heard my stomach growl.
"We have to start making calls to my connects, I hope your phone is charged and you can recall all the languages I taught you." Quincy said and I huffed before standing up and going back into my office.

30 minutes later....

"Wir sind auf der Suche nach einem Mann namens Reggie, echtem Namen Reginald Johnson." I spoke in German to our connect in Munich.

"Se você vir este homem ou alguém que ele conhece, me ligue. Obrigado, eu realmente aprecio isso." Quincy said in Portuguese while pacing back and fourth.
"Um I was one of the first workers hired here and I've known Boss a long time, how come I never knew he could speak German?" I heard Richy's attempt to whisper.

"He can also speak Spanish, Russian, French, Portuguese, and Italian." Dj responded back and I glanced up at them.
"You know you can't whisper right?" I said scaring both of them.
"I wasn't talking." Richy said quickly while going back to typing on his phone.

"Boss! I think I found him!" Ghost yelled while running into my office.
"What do you mean? How?" I said standing up while he put his laptop in front of my face.
"Tell me what I'm looking at." I said looking at the screen that looked like a leasing application.
"Read the name at the top." He said proudly and at the same time, he got a message from a woman.

"Bae with a ring emoji?" I said and his eyes widened.
"Not that one, this one." He said showing me the clear screen.
I started going through the information before I found the name.
"Johnson, Armani." I read out loud before it clicked in my head. "Son of a bitch." I said and then hung up the phone with the connect I was talking to.

"I don't get it, who is Armani?" Quincy said and I glanced at him.
"Armani is Sin's real baby mother aka Reggie's sister." Ghost said with a big smile on his face.
"I still don't understand, that's not her house?" He said and Ghost couldn't hide his excitement.

"No because she got killed by Jayla! Jayla killed her! Yes! I found him!" Ghost yelled in excitement and then ran out my office.

Me and Quincy looked at each other and he tilted his head.
"Long time ago, she hurt my son." I said and he nodded.
"Everybody suit up and get ready, we're going right now." I announced and the room started to clear.

Jayla's POV
2 hours later...

I stood chained against the wall while Dee repeated punched me like I was a man off of the street who owed him money.
"I can't take this anymore." I said while my mouth leaked with blood.

"Tell us where your son goes to school and we'll stop." Reggie said watching with a look of amusement on his face.

"You and everybody in this room knows that isn't true." I slurred out before I got punched in the face again, and I felt my blood fly against the wall.
"If you're not answering what we asked you then shut the fuck up!" Dee screamed in my face before punching me in my rib and I felt it crack and I screamed out in pain.
I started to cry because my entire body was in so much pain.

I don't even know how long I've been here, but as the days have passed my injuries have gotten worse and I'm starting to feel my mental health fade.
I'm bleeding from so many places on my face, both my lips are completely busted and swollen. My right eye vessel popped 3 days ago and I had to get checked out from some fake doctor. My cheek bone feels like it's broken, I've been bleeding from my mouth nonstop, I have bruises everywhere, I have two knots on my forehead, I feel like my ribs are broken, and my thighs are sliced open.

Everyday I feel like I lose more and more hope. I never know what time it is but I know I get tortured around the same time every single day, and it could last for minutes or hours. I get fed the same bologna and welfare cheese sandwiches every night with a bottle of water. I officially have no shirt or pants on, because when Reggie orders for my clothes to be taken off, he never lets me put them back on. So I've been in my bra and panties and socks for 3 days, and I still sleep on that dirty white mattress with no blanket or sheet.

Sometimes I feel like I hear Sin's voice talking to me in my ear telling me that I'm getting out of here tomorrow, but I get up the next day and here I am chained to a wall looking like I got hit by a semi-truck, and it gets worse.
"She's a loyal one boss." The new girl, Grace, said.
"I know, until it comes to her dating life." He said and I glared at him, despite all the pain.
"You're one to talk when all you did was cheat on me-" I started but got cut off by my own pain in my cheeks.

"Why are we keeping her alive? She's half dead anyway, Sin doesn't want her." Dee said and I looked at him.
"You don't know him or her like I do." Reggie said standing up. "It doesn't matter if she was drugged, unconscious, and raped, Sin is still going to come running to her like some sickening fairy tale story." Reggie said approaching me and I could see his evil eyes in the red light. "How did I let you go?" He said running the back of his hand down my face.

I flinched back and hissed when he touched my cheekbone.
"You didn't let me go, you went to jail." I said lowly.
"Ooouu smart ass." Grace said and I looked at Choyce who was standing in the corner watching like he always does.
"I'm tired of you thinking you can talk to me any type of crazy." He said and gave me a look I was too familiar with, so I got a little scared.

"Even with all these bruises you're still beautiful." He said lowly and touched my stomach but I flinched.
"Don't touch me." I said and tried to move but the chains locked up.
"Who's gonna stop me?" He said and touched the rim of my underwear and I cringed.
"Reggie please." I said as that familiar feeling crept up in the pit of my stomach.

"Everybody out." He announced and my heart dropped.
"No no no no no no. No! Please!" I started to cry and I seen Redd look back at me before walking out.
"Have I ever told you that you have the best pussy I've ever had?" He told me and tried to touch me while I tried to move.
"I don't care Reggie, get away from me." I said but I couldn't move my arms or my feet.

"Oh where did all that tough talk go? Remember when you said I was mad that you got wet for somebody else and your man's sex makes you forget about me?" He said and my breathing started to pick up as his hand wandered to my boobs.
"Don't touch me! Stop touching me!" I screamed as his hand slid down my stomach and went in between my legs.

"It's very entertaining to hear you beg." He said and chuckled as I cried.
"Reggie please, don't do this! I'll do anything!" I said as he rubbed me through my underwear.
"Tell me where your son's school is." He said and I froze up.
"Anything but that." I cried and he shrugged before tugging at my underwear making me scream.
"Get off of me you sick bastard!" I said trying to do something, anything, to help myself.

He got my underwear pulled down a little bit and he didn't care that I cried or screamed as loud as I could.
"Boss." We both heard and the door opened. "There's somebody here." I looked at the door and Redd was peeking his head in the doorway.
"Well who is it?" Reggie said as my crying went down a little.
"He didn't say, he asked for you." He told him and then Reggie looked at me.

"You got lucky." He told me and he backed away from me. "Stay in here and watch her." He said and Redd nodded.
Reggie jogged up the stairs and out the door and I looked down and sighed in relief before sniffling.
I had a moment before I felt another hand against my body and I screamed before jumping back.
"Woah woah woah, calm down it's me. Did he hurt you?" Redd said and I looked at him in disbelief.

"What are you talking about? Why do you care?" I said and he sighed.
"I know I've done horrible things to you, but rape is far beyond the line." He told me and I examined his face with fear on mine. "Let me help you." He said motioning to my panties that were pulled down.
After a second I nodded because it was cold in here.
He looked down and then stuck his thumbs in between the rim of my panties.
"Eyes up here." I said and he looked at me before standing all the way up.

We made eye contact while he pulled my panties up for me. He slid them up my hips and then took his hands off of me.
"Thank you." I said quietly and he nodded.
We were still staring at each other for a long time but Sin's face popped up into my head and I looked away.
The door busted open and we both turned our heads to see Reggie jogging down the stairs with a big Kool-aid smile on his face.

"Oh we've got a guest, and it's specifically you for my love." Reggie said and pinching my cheek and I tried not to scream.
"Guest?" I said and my stomach turned, I looked at Redd and he shrugged.
"Come in!" Reggie said and the door opened.
Somebody walked in and came down the stairs real slow. It was somebody I had never seen before because I didn't recognize them in the red light.

The person approached me and he started to become more and more familiar.
"Hey bitch." He said and my heart dropped.
"Darrion?" I said with my eyes widened.
"You better know it." He said and I looked at Reggie who was showing all of his dirty ass teeth.
"Y-you were in on this? The whole time?" I said feeling myself getting emotional.
"Well not the whole time, until I was offered a very large sum of money." He said and I looked at him in disbelief.

"I-I told you about my entire life, my family, my past, everything! And you go behind my back for some money!?" I yelled angrily at him while he smirked.
"Hey a girl gotta do what's necessary. If I didn't take this offer then I was gonna be working at footlocker forever." He said and shrugged.
"You snake bitch! You're just as bad as him, I trusted you." I said, not yelling anymore because my cheek started throbbing.

"Shut up, let the fun begin." He said and then he punched me and I felt my rib crack even more than it was, and I felt the wind come out of me.
I was kind of numb from betrayal and I zoned out from the beating I was getting. I thought about how this added up in my head. The day Reggie met me in the bathroom, he probably knew I was there because Darrion told him. And he probably knew when to snatch me up because I was coming from Darrion's place, and they probably followed me home.

Now look at me, getting a beating from a person I could've claimed as my bestfriend.

Reggie's POV

I watched in amusement as Darrion beat Jayla like his life depended on it. Jayla had blood and spit coming from her mouth, she had deep purple bruises in her rib area, and all over her face. The only thing that wasn't bruised was her vagina, and I was about to bruise that.

I smiled and Dee, Choyce, and Grace came back in the room.
"Ooou he's getting her good, you should've brought him in earlier." Grace said sitting down next to me and I nodded.
"So this is her bestfriend?" Redd said and I nodded. "How did you get him to come on our side?" He said and I glanced at him.

"Money makes people do anything." I said and my burner phone started ringing.
"What's the update?" I said not looking away from the scene in front of me.
"He fell for the trap boss, he's assembling a team and he'll be at the house as 10 o'clock at the latest." One of my inside workers said and I nodded.
"Perfect. I will visit the house before he gets there, and make sure you and the other two are ready to be here tonight." I said and then hung up.

I leaned back in my chair and smiled, things are finally going my way.

Laila's POV
9:38pm

Greg pulled across the street from this semi-big house and I immediately heard the music blasting from inside the car, and cars parked all the way down the street.
I looked out Curtis's window and I seen people out in the yard, twerking, drinking, smoking, kissing, and the grass was filled with red solo cups and empty beer bottles.

"Greg, I thought you said this was invite only." I said as he turned the car off.

"I thought it was too." He said looking out the window and then Hannah smiled.
"Come on guys, we're already 30 minutes late." Hannah said softly bouncing in her seat before opening the door and hopping out.
"Hey on the bright side, your one chance of getting out the house won't be lame." Greg said and me and Curtis looked at each other.

"Make it count." I said before hopping out.
We got out the car and Rodney was behind us with his girlfriend, Kash, and Essence.
"This is some party for invite only." Essence said as we met up with each other.
"That's what I said." I said pulling my skirt down.
"Well I don't know about y'all but it's December and it's cold as shit out here." Rodney said and we nodded before walking towards the house.

We walked up the yard and we stepped over a bunch of cups and bottles of beer and liquor, and even the white people on the ground who were passed out. Hannah opened the door and people stopped and looked, and I took the time to look too.
There was bottles of liquor everywhere, cups everywhere, there was an actual platform in the middle of the living room that people were dancing on, people on the couches kissing, there was a DJ, who was just some popular kid at school known for rapping.

Once everybody noticed us the "DJ" started speaking on the microphone.
"Yo yo yo we got the popular kids in the house!" He said and a lot of the people started clapping and cheering before they casually went back to their business.
"How we gone start this off? Shots?" Greg said and Rodney pulled out a bottle of Ciroc from inside his jacket.

"Oh I don't drink." Essence said and we all looked at her.
"One shot and we'll leave you alone, we promise." Hannah said and the rest of us nodded.
She looked at us for a second before dropping her shoulders.
"Okay but I'm not drinking after any of you guys." She said and we cheered.

"Well I guess that means you go first then princess." Kash said grabbing a cup from the stack of untouched ones, and pouring her a shot.
Essence hesitantly took the cup and smelled it and then twisted her face.
"Okay." She she said and let out a breath.
She put the cup to her mouth and Kash tilted it upwards and I seen her swallow it and smiled.
"There we go, get me one." I said grabbing a cup and Kash poured me a shot.

"Wow that was nasty, how do y'all drink this stuff?" She said holding her chest while I took the shot to the head.
"It's a one time thing girl, after we get home you won't have to drink ever again." I said holding my cup back up.
"Okay I wanna dance, come dance with me." Hannah said after taking her shots and then pulled Rodney's girlfriend to the dance floor.

"And you come with me." I said pulling Essence too and putting my cup down, knowing I wasn't going to use it again.
Me and Essence started dancing against each each other for a while the music boomed threw the speakers.
"2 of my bitches in the cluuub! And I know they know about each other! I think these bitches tryna set me uuuup! Or maybe I'm just paranoid!" Everybody in the party sung in unison with Ty Dolla $ign.

"Let me steal her from you right fast." Kash said catching me and Essence's attention.
"Sorry best." Essence said but I waved her off.
"Go girl, I'll just go find Curtis." I said and she blew me a kiss before her and Kash started dancing again.

I smiled before pushing passed people to step off of the platform and I looked around for Curtis but I didn't see him.

I shrugged before going in the kitchen and looking around. I seen the football team and the basketball team at the big table drinking and smoking, probably having a conversation about the girls they've slept with or the girls they're gonna sleep with tonight.
I looked on the counter and there was a mixture of bottles from juice to liquor to water.
I smiled before grabbing another red cup and pouring some red Hawaiian Punch, with some sprite and vodka.

I grabbed a spoon and started mixing it together before some arms wrapped around my waist and I jumped.
"Woah calm down, it's just me beautiful." Curtis said smoothly in my ear before kissing my cheek, making me blush.
"What you making? Juice?" He said and I chuckled.
"Yeah it's juice, wanna try it?" I said turning around to face him.

"For some reason I don't believe you." He said taking the cup away from me and I smirked.
He took a gulp out of the drink and then made a sour face making me laugh.
"Thats strong as hell." He said and I giggled.
"No you're just a lightweight, give me that." I said taking the cup from him.
"Want me to make you a drink?" I said feeling the room get warm, meaning the liquor was kicking in.

"Since when did you become miss bartender?" He said after I grabbed him a cup and started mixing him a drink.

"Since the first time I've drank, I've always been good at this." I said throwing some shaved ice in there. "And Voalá." I said turning around after I took a sip of it.
He looked at me while he took and sip and he made a face but not as strong.

"This is actually good, I can drink this." He said and I smiled.
"Good, don't drink it too fast or you'll get drunk." I said but he waved me off.
"This ain't that strong, I'll be fine. Let's go dance." He said grabbing my hand and leading me back onto the dance floor.
We walked passed the couches where I seen Essence sitting on Kash's lap while he was making her take another shot.

The instrumental to Poison by Belly Biv Devoe came on and my ears perked up.
"Man I wish Jayla was here." I said as I started moving to the beat.
"What you know about this?" Curtis told me and I looked at him crazy.
"Boy this is my song, lemme show you how it's done love." I said and he raised his eyebrows before stepping back with a smile on his face.

"Girl I must warn you, I sense something strange in my mind." I said as I started dancing the routine Jayla taught me how to do when I was little.
"It's driving me out of my mind, that's why it's hard for me to find, can't get it out of my head, miss her kiss her love her, that girl is poison!" I sung along while I was dancing in my own world.
On the outside, I was dancing and having a good time. But on the inside, this song made me miss my sister so I was dancing for her like she was right next to me.

After the second chorus I stopped and I came out of the world I was in to see everybody around me clapping.

"Well you sholl showed me how it's done, I didn't know you got so good at dancing." He said and I smiled before flipping my hair back.
"Well you know.." I trailed off and he laughed.
"Have I ever told you you are the prettiest girl I've ever met?" He told me and I blushed.

"No but thank you." I said and he wrapped his arm around the small of my back before kissing me, taking me by surprise.
"We're not in private anymore." I said between kisses.
"I don't care anymore." He said and I smiled before wrapping my arms around his neck before he stuck his tongue in my mouth.
"Well since your mouth is occupied, let me borrow this from you." We heard Greg's voice and we broke the kiss.

We looked to see him drinking Curtis's drink but Curtis waved him off before wrapping his arms around me and giving me the best kiss of my life.
I felt myself getting turned on but I didn't want to do anything sexual at this party, it's too many cameras and drunk people.
"Mmmm Curtis wait." I said putting my hands on his chest making him stop.

"What's wrong?" He said examining my face.
"I don't want to get carried away, people are already starting to stare." I said glancing out the corner of my eye of the people who stopped dancing and started staring.
"We can go to a room then, come on." He said and I smiled while he grabbed my hand and led me up the stairs.

We got up the stairs and I immediately heard the sound of sex coming from a few rooms.
"That liquor starting to kick in." Curtis said and I chuckled while we looked for an empty room.
We got to the end of the hallway and there was room that was wide open and the light was off.
Curtis walked in and flicked on the light and it just looked like a plain guest room.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me into the room and closed the door.
He shut the door and locked it before we made eye contact.
"Now where we're we?" He said before we started kissing again.
He put his hands on both sides of my face as our heads moved opposite ways like in the movies.

We started moving back before I hit the bed and fell down. I watched him take his shirt off and he threw it somewhere.
"Ooou sexy baby." I said and he smirked before getting on top of me and I stuck my tongue in his mouth and I felt him smile.

I felt him start to slide my dress up from the bottom and I just went along with it and lifted my arms up so he could take it off.

He stood and looked at my body and smiled.
"Sexy baby." He said and I chuckled before he leaned down and kissed my chest making me hot.
I closed my eyes and my mouth gaped open as he kissed my stomach.
"Mmmm." I moaned lowly and his hand went in my underwear.
When he stuck his fingers in me I moaned and arched my back a little.

"Open your eyes." Curtis said and I slowly opened my eyes to see him staring at me while biting his lip.
I looked into his eyes and he looked tipsy as hell, and he was getting a bulge in his pants really fast.
"Shit Cutis." I moaned, throwing my head back.
He hovered over me and kissed me but never stopped his movements.

I was moaning in his mouth while I struggled to keep up with him, and he seemed to be turned on by it.
Seconds later I moaned out and came all over his hand, and I felt his dick get harder than ever.
He took his hand out of my panties and licked his fingers which was super sexy.

I was about to get up but I looked at him and his pants dropped to the ground and he was now in nothing but his boxers. He looked down at me with a hungry look before he started tugging on my panties.
"Head? I thought we only did that at home but okay." I said watching him slide my panties off and dropping them on the floor.
Instead of him leaning down, he started pulling his draws down and I got confused.

"Wait what are you doing?" I said and I got a glimpse of his penis that was bigger than I thought it was.
He spread my legs open and he grabbed his thingy and I realized what was happening.
"Curtis wait." I said scooting back.
"You don't have to fight it babygirl, I know you want it." He said and I looked to see he was drunk.
"Curtis no I don't, put that away." I said but he ignored me and tried to kiss me while I felt his thing touch my thing and I jumped.

"Curtis get the hell off of me!" I said in his face and I slapped him.
"What's wrong with you? I thought this was what you wanted." He said talking slowly.
"No what would make you think that? We've never done that before. Are you okay?" I said sitting up.
"Well I'm tired of waiting, I haven't had sex in two months waiting on you." He said with his words slightly slurring.

"You can't wait two months? Do you know how long my sister and Sin were dating before they had sex? 4 months!" I said and he scoffed
"Laila we aren't dating, we're doing this. I'm not g-going to wait 4 fuckinggg months for a woman I'm not dating." He said and I kind of felt my heart crack a little bit.
"If you can't wait for me you can find somebody else to get your dick wet with because it isn't me. I can't believe your stupid ass." I said getting up and pushing passed him to put my clothes on.

"Ohhh well, your losss." He said pulling up his draws.
"No it's your loss. After this whole lockdown thing is over you can lose my number, fucking asshole. I can't believe I liked you." I said sliding my dress back over my head.
I put my sandals back on before walking out the room and slamming the door.
I walked down the hallway and I heard a door open and I looked to my right and seen Nayah coming out of a room.

We made eye contact for a little bit before I seen her her look me up and down and I did the same, and she looked good but I'll never tell her that. I seen her about to say something to me so I jogged down the stairs. I Immediately started to look for Essence and I spotted her on the couch kissing Kash who looked like he was about to spill his cup.
I walked over there and took the cup out of his hand.
"What's in this?" I said sniffing it and they stopped kissing each other.
"It's blueberry Amsterdam. Where's Curtis?" He told me and I shrugged before walking away with his drink and into the kitchen.

I leaned over the island and thought about what just happened and I shook my head.
"Time to drown my sorrows." I said and took 2 big gulps of the liquor I was holding.
I made a sour face and my body shivered.
"Whew shit." I said and took a deep breath.

I sat by myself for a few minutes, getting more drunk by the second. After my second cup was gone I decided to quit and I put the drink down.
"What you doing over here by yourself?" I heard and I looked up to see Greg now standing next to me.
"Heyyyy, wheressss your girlfriend?" I said holding my face with my hand.

"She's dancing, are you drunk?" He said and I shook my head.
"No I only had 2 cupsss, I need a bluunt." I said he raised one of his eyebrows.
"Nobody is going to give you a blunt, cross faded is not good. You already been drinking and haven't eaten anything." He said and my mouth dropped in realization.
"Dammit. I'll be right back." I said walking over to the food table with a slight stumble in my walk.

I grabbed a plastic plate and a bag of Doritos and poured just a little on there. I opened the lid to the crock pot and carefully scooped some rotel on my plate.

I'm already drunk so the food didn't look appetizing but I knew I had to eat it. I started eating in my own world before I felt somebody touch me.
"What you doing here all by yourself?" I heard a deep voice say and I looked up.

"Oh hey, didn't see you there." I said talking to the star of the football team, he's always tried to talk to me but I never knew his name.
"Are you drunk?" He said and I turned up my nose.
"No. Why everybody asking me that? I only had two cups." I said wiping the food that was stuck to my mouth.
"Never mind that, where are your friends?"  He said and I put my plate down.

"Um I don't know actually, I was drowning my sorrows by myself but I forgot to eat so here I am." I said and chuckled.
"Hey have you ever been in this house before? It's like a mansion. Pretty cool." I said trying to make conversation.
"Yeah I see it everyday, I live here." He said and I rose my eyebrows.
"Ohhhh you're Tatianna's brother. I knew you looked familiar." I said and he smiled showing them pretty teeth of his.

"You are a really beautiful man." I said and he raised his eyebrows and tilted his head.
"Wait, no, never mind. I get pretty weird when I'm drunk." I said and he moved closer to me.
"I thought you said you weren't drunk?" He said and laughed.
"Shhhhh." I said putting my finger close to his mouth and we shared a small laugh.

"You are a really beautiful woman." He said and I blushed a little.
"Awn thank you." I cooed to him and smiled.
"Hey I know there's been a lot of rumors going around about you, but I've never believed them. You're a lot cooler than people make you seem." He said and I poked my lip out.
"That is the nicest think anybody has said to me in a long time." I said glancing at my feet but he lifted my chin.

We made eye contact and he started leaning towards my face. I had a mini panic attack in my brain until somebody started to talk.
"Hey T, can we dance?" We both heard and he looked me in my eyes before turning our attention to the shirt girl that was talking.
"Um, I'm kind of busy right now." He said and glanced at me.
"Oh come on, this is your song." The girl said and I glanced at him.

"Yeah this is your song T, go dance." I said hurriedly and they both looked at me.
"I.. guess so." He said looking at me before the girl took his hand.
Before they walked off he stopped beside me and I looked at him.
"Sorry about that, it was a spur of the moment type of thing." He said and I nodded and they walked off.

I waited a couple of seconds before taking a deep breath. What the hell was that? I thought in my head while I picked up my plate.

I went back into the front room and sat on the couch, leaving some space between Kash and Essence who were getting nasty over there.
I glanced at them and sighed then sat back on the couch.

I scanned the room slowly and one specific person caught my eye, Nayah. She was standing against the wall with a cup in her hand, staring back at me as a girl tried to talk to her but she wasn't paying them any mind.
I crossed my knees and acted like I wasn't bothered by her appearance but I kind of was.

When it came to Nayah, I had a million thoughts about her. There's nothing I hate worse than public embarrassment, that's something me and my sister both share a fear of. That image of her sitting with a girl that wasn't me in a way that if you didn't know them, you would think they were dating. She gave that girl bragging rights towards me, she gave that girl a reason to laugh when she seen me and Nayah together. And in my opinion, a person who loves you wouldn't do that to you.

In the other part of my head, I was thinking that I overreacted just a tiny bit. Nayah did say that she never physically cheated on me, and deep down I believe her. But that doesn't change the fact that she cheated on me emotionally, and my biggest question is what went wrong with me and her to where she felt like she had to go to another woman. My heart  is telling me to at least have a conversation with her, to find out why she did what she did. But my mind is telling me to say fuck her.

I got shaken out of my thoughts as I started to feel myself sober up from forcing this food in my body.
"Hey you alright?" I heard and I looked over to see Essence had come out of her little daze with Kash.
"Yeah I'm fine." I said biting another chip.
"We're gonna go to a room upstairs if you need us." Essence said and I rose my eyebrows at her and Kash.
"Well okay then, make sure to wrap it up Kash." I said and he laughed before they walked off and started up the stairs.

Once I was left alone, even in the setting of this room, my mind started to drift to Jayla. A memory of thanksgiving started to run through my head which was the last time I had seen her. I felt myself get emotional, but before I could cry or anything I decided to separate myself.
I got up and held the wall to walk into one of the downstairs rooms. I went down one of the hallways and opened a random door and I thanked God that nobody was fucking in there.

I went in and I cut on the light and I went and sat on the perfectly made bed. I took a deep breath and brought myself back together.
"I need some water, I don't wanna be drunk anymore." I mumbled to myself and then put my sew-in in a ponytail.
All of a sudden I had this bad urge to pee so I rose to my feet and did a little jog to the bathroom.
Once I found it I flicked the light on and admired the big bathroom for a second before using it.

I did my business and flushed the toilet and right after I washed my hands, somebody knocked on the door.
"Go to another one!" I yelled while drying my hands.
I threw the paper towel away before the door opened and I jumped.
"I said this one is being- Nayah?" I said looking up to see her standing in the doorway.

"Laila." She said and I took a step back.
"W-what are you doing here? Why are you in here?" I said quickly and I watched her shut the door.
"We need to talk. I've been trying to find the right time but I remember you used to tell me that there is never a right time." She said and I tilted my head.
"Talk about what?" I said looking at her suspiciously.

"I didn't like the way we ended things, and I wanted to apologize to you face to face." She said and my heart started to overpower my mind, and I decided to listen.
"What do you have to say?" I said crossing my arms, acting like I didn't care what she about to say.
"Um first I want to tell you that I'm sorry that I put you in this position. I'm sorry that I broke you heart, and I'm sorry that I broke your trust. That girl meant nothing to me whatsoever, I only had her around because she was somebody my mama wanted me to be with. I met up with her a couple of times, and we did nothing but talk and laugh but she reminded me of you. That's why we became close. I've never cheated on you, but if I know you I know that you say I emotionally cheated on you and that's true, and I'm sorry. You are the only girl worth my time and my energy, and I never forgave myself for what I did, and im sorry." She said making eye contact with me the whole time.

I took some time to take in everything that she said and I broke my eye contact with her.
"Did I do something wrong? Did I push you away?" I asked just out of the curiosity of my mind.
"No, no don't think you did anything wrong because you didn't. You're perfect." She said and I tried not to let those words get into my head.
I looked at her for a long time, and all of our good memories started to come back to me. Our first date, our first kiss, the first time she told me she loved me, getting approval from Jayla to date, every time she held me to help me sleep, everytime we had sex, and the first time I fell for her.

"That's all I had to say. I hope you're happy, with Curtis and all." She said and she turned around and twisted the knob on the door.
"I forgive you." I said and she stopped her movement and turned around.
"You do?" She said looking at me and I slowly walked towards her.

"I fell in love with you 4 years ago for a reason. You made a mistake, and I respect that you owned up to it and apologized. So yes, I forgive you. I can moved passed that." I said and she smiled.
"You don't know how bad I've wanted to hear those words." She said and she unexpectedly hugged me and I involuntarily hugged her back.
After a minute she let go and we made eye contact for a long time and I seen her glance at my lips and back at me.

At the same time, we both leaned into each other and put our lips against each other.
I wrapped my arms around her neck and she lifted me up and put me against the wall.
"Mmmmhmm." I moaned at the feeling that I didn't know I missed so much.
I pulled gently at her hair while out tongues fought for dominance.
"I missed you so bad." She said against my lips, turning me on.

My girl started throbbing, even more than I do for Curtis, maybe because I'm not as comfortable with a boy.
I felt her start to rub my thighs and her hands went higher and higher underneath my dressed while I moaned lowly.
Her lips moved to my neck as she kissed all the places I liked and my breathing got heavier  as I whimpered.
She touched my underwear and one finger went inside and it went down my slit and I started throbbing even more.

She was about to continue but there was a knock at the door and we both stopped.
"Aye anybody in here?" I male voice said on the other side of the door.
"We're- I'm almost done!" I yelled back and Nayah looked at me.
I looked back at her as we both were breathing heavy.
"I think that's enough." I whispered to her and she huffed before letting me down.

I walked to the door and I put my hand on the doorknob before glancing back at her and leaving. I walked out and closed the door and I put my back against it and took in what just happened.
I put my fingers against my lips and blushed like ive never kissed her before.
Well I guess this changes everything.

1 hour later...

I sat on the couch in my own world vibing to the music that was playing with a drink in my hand that was sprite since I decided to put the liquor down.
"I'm down for you, and whatever you want to do." I sung along with SWV while Old Skool version of Anything played.

It's been an hour and Kash and Essence still weren't back from the room. I know Essence told me they weren't having sex but an hour in a room alone? Also upstairs where everybody is up there having sex? Seems a bit suspicious to me.

I also noticed that it's been an hour and I haven't seen Curtis. Greg and Hannah left to a room right after I came back to the front room, Rodney and his girlfriend have been dry fucking on the dance floor for the last 10 minutes, but Curtis has been nowhere in sight.
I kind of started to become worried because he's drunk and he might be passed out somewhere he's not supposed to be.
After a second I got up and jogged up the stairs where I heard loud moaning coming from a couple rooms, and I heard a couple familiar names being moaned out.

I walked down the hallway to last room where I last saw him. Unexpectedly I heard voices in there but the light was off. I slowly twisted the door open and I heard some moaning and clapping sounds.
"Mmhmm baby just like that." I heard a female voice moaned and I peeked my head in the door to see people having sex.
"What's my name?" I heard a very familiar voice say and my heart dropped.

"Mmmm daddy!" The girl said again and I looked closer to see Curtis's waves shining in the moonlight that was coming through the window.
My mouth dropped and I got a glimpse of the girl who turned out to be Tatianna, and this is her party.
"Oh my god." I whispered to myself while I watched in hurt as they had missionary sex and she moaned all loud.
Once I seen him lean down and kiss her I gasped and shut the door. I covered my mouth as the image kept playing back and fourth in my head.

My breathing got heavy and it didn't help with all the other moaning that was happening in this hallway. I ran back down the hallway and down the stairs and pushed through the crowd.
I spotted Essence and Kash coming from the the other staircase and I let out a breath.
"You guys." I said waiting for them to come down the stairs.
"Why do you look like you just seen a monster?" Essence asked me after they reached the bottom of the stairs.

I was about to answer but I heard two guys in the kitchen start arguing and they got pretty loud.
"I went upstairs and I saw Curtis and T-" I said but then we heard gunshots ring out and everybody started ducking and screaming.
The gunshots kept going and I heard glass breaking.
"Come on! We have to get out of here!" Kash yelled over the screaming while pushing us into the crowds towards the door.

"Oh my God where's Greg and Rodney, and Curtis?!" Essence yelled as we got closer to the door.
"I don't know!" Kash yelled and we pushed everybody and finally made it outside.
We ran off of the porch and into the street, as far away from the house as we could.
"Oh my god what just happened?!" I said out loud and covered my face with my hands.

"We need to go find them." Essence said looking at Kash.
"Hold on let me call them." He said pulling out his phone and putting it to his ear quick.
"Where y'all niggas at?.... Where the girls at?.... They right here next to me... alright." He said as we listened.
"What did they say?" I said and he shook his head.
"He said the girls ran off somewhere, and they were the first ones out so they left." He said and and I let out a breath while I felt a headache coming on.

"So what do we do?" Essence said and then we heard police sirens coming from a distance.
We all looked at each other and everybody left from the party started running.
"We can think about how to get home later." I said taking my sandals. "But for now we run." I said and Kash grabbed Essence and put her on his back and started running and I was an inch behind him.

"There's a quick trip 4 blocks from here!" I yelled to him while his football and basketball strengths came into play, and I run track for fun so I think I could run almost as fast as him.
We covered two blocks in 30 seconds and the sirens started to become distant.
"Wait, Kash stop." I heard Essence say and I looked at her but still moving on my feet.
"Kash stop I have to throw up!" She said and Kash immediately came to a hault and let her down.

Essence jumped off of his back and ran into the street and started throwing up.
"Now that's just nasty." Kash said watching her throw up while I went to hold her hair.
"You guys we're gonna leave me back there?" We heard a voice and we all looked to see Curtis walking over while he was breathing heavy.
"Damn nigga I was wondering where you was at." Kash said and they dapped each other up and I rolled my eyes.

"You okay?" I said to Essence while she stood to her feet.
"Yeah I feel better, I just have a headache. Do you have some gum?" She said and I nodded before pulling out my mint flavored gum.
"I had to run out the back door, when I got to the front I seen y'all running and I followed y'all." Curtis said as we walked towards them.

"You okay baby?" Kash said grabbing both sides of Essence's face.

I looked away and ended up making eye contact with Curtis and I immediately looked away.
"Yeah I can buy some aspirin at the gas station. Come on." She said and we all started walking the rest of the way.
"That was some party for our last one till lockdown us over." Kash said and I chuckled.

"I had fun tho so I ain't tripping." Curtis said and I twisted my face.
"I bet the fuck you did." I mumbled under my breath and Kash looked at me.
"What you say?" He said to me and I waved him off.
"There's the quick trip." I said pointing at it once we got to the end of the street.

We walked the short way to the crosswalk and pressed the button. We waited for the light next to us to turn red while I swung my sandals back and fourth.
Once it did, we all jogged across the street and into the quick trip.
Curtis opened the door and we walked in and I started putting my shoes back on.
"How are we gonna get home?" Kash said out loud making us stop.

"Call Greg and Rodney back." I said zipping my sandals back up while Essence went to go buy the aspirin and a bottle of water.
"They already at home and it's midnight, they not gone come get us." He said and I shrugged.
"That means you have to call your brother baby." Essence said coming back with half the bottle of water gone and handed me the bottle of aspirin.

"Hell nah I ain't calling him. Do you know how bad he gone chew us out if we can't sneak back in the house?" He said and Curtis nodded.
"Yeah he's right." I said to Essence while taking the pills.
"Well do you have anybody else to call? If we call the security guards they're gone snitch on us anyway." Essence asked and I looked at him.

Sin's POV
30 minutes earlier...

"This is the right address right?" I said to Ghost and he nodded.
"Let's roll out." I said and everybody got out their cars.

"Everybody's ear pieces working?" Ghost said and everybody said yes.
"P come unlock this door." I said looking at the lock that I knew only he could open.

"That's a big lock, can you even do that?" Yoshi said and P looked at him crazy.
"Nigga I can unlock anything." P said and I watched him unlock the door in less that 20 seconds.
"My crew come with me to the back door, Quincy you know what to do?" I said and he nodded and I ran to the back with about 10 trained people following me.

We got to the back door and i shot the doorknob off before kicking in the door. I walked in and all the men went down and started going towards the basement. I went in the kitchen and looked everywhere but it was empty. No food, no canned goods, it didn't even look like anybody lived here. I went in another room and it was a laundry room.
Something don't feel right.

I went back into the living room and people were coming from upstairs.

"There's nothing up there, just beds." Dj said and I tilted my head and I looked at Ghost.
"There was nothing down there but an empty space. It's almost as if.." Richy said.
"Nobody has ever been here." Me, Quincy, Yoshi, and Tony said at the same time.

I picked up my phone and turned the flashlight on and started to search the living room. I flipped over couches, lifted cushions, until I shined my light on the tv.
"Turn on the light." I said and everybody looked around. "Somebody turn on the damn light." I said and Tony flicked it on.
"What are you looking for?" Quincy asked me and I looked at a coffee table where there was a remote and a piece of paper.

"That." I said walking towards it and picking the piece of paper.
Turn on the tv. The note simply said and I picked up the remote and turned it on.
The first thing we seen was Reggie's face on the screen and I closed my eyes before playing the video.
"You've fallen for my trap, again. You've really fallen off of your game Sincere and I am personally disappointed in you. You really think I would put a house in my dead sister's name? I'm smarter than that." He said and everybody scoffed. "I still have your precious charm, and who's to say she won't be dead by the time you find her? Just look at her." He said and I watched the camera shift and zoom in and once I recognized it was Jayla chained to a wall my heart dropped to my feet and everybody gasped.

"Oh my God, Jayla." Ghost whispered and my breathing started to pick up with every kind of emotion there was.

"If you don't find her or pay up in the next 3 days I will slice her head off and deliver it to your door. Happy hunting." He said before the screen went blank "If you don't find her or pay up in the next 3 days I will slice her head off and deliver it to your door. Happy hunting." He said before the screen went blank again.
The room was silent and I felt my hands start to shake and my breathing got shakier.
"Sin? Sin. Bro don't let him get to you, calm down." Dj said as my brother all came and looked at me.

"His eyes are turning black." P said and I tried to calm down but that image of the only woman I've loved in no clothes but her underwear and bra, bruises, cuts, scars, and blood everywhere, and she looked like she was drugged up. The image kept playing over and over in my head and I dropped my gun and I picked up the glass coffee table and threw it at the tv.

"FUCK!" I yelled as tears started running down my face.

"It's time to go, everybody out." Quincy said and everybody left but Dj, P, Smoke, Quincy, Ghost, and Richy.
"I'm sorry boss, I'll go search the tape." Ghost said and he grabbed the CD out of the DVD player and then he left.
I took a minute to get myself together before I wiped my face and stopped crying.
"Y'all can go home." I said and they all looked up at me.

"You don't need us?" P said and I shook my head.
"There's nothing we can do right now. We'll see tomorrow." I said walking out and getting into my car.
I got in and just pulled off. I didn't know where I was going, but I had to be alone before I hurt somebody and regretted it. I wasn't eating or sleeping before I saw that tape, and now I feel like I can't. Not until I get my girlfriend back.

I rode around the entire city for 40 minutes before I ended up at my house. I looked at the house that's been empty for more than a week, and memories started to come back to me. I got out the car and jogged up the porch and unlocked the door.
I walked in and flicked on the light and shut the door. I looked around the house like I've never seen it before. I walked in the living room and I got a memory of when we were all playing Never Have I Ever, and Jayla cooked for us.
Also the day where Jayla told us about her sex life and she never had a real orgasm before me.

I walked towards the kitchen but I stepped on something mushy. I lifted my foot up and it was a banana and I scrunched my eyebrows.
The only person that eats bananas in this house is Jay- "Oh." I said coming to a realization.
This is the same banana Jayla was eating right before I choked her. I started thinking about that day and I felt like shooting myself. If I knew that that was the last time I was gonna see her, you could've told me she snitched on me to the police and I wouldn't have gotten mad.

After she left I vowed to myself never to put my hands on her or another woman ever again, especially because she looked at me like I was Reggie and I'm far from him.

I picked up the banana and went to throw it away and I wiped the lonely tear that fell from my eye. I went back out and went upstairs and into my room. I flicked on the light and the first thing I looked at was my bed.
For some reason, the first thing that played in my head was the first time Jayla spent the night, and she was having a wet dream about me while she slept right next to me.

I chuckled and walked in and seen the picture frame on the wall of me, Legend, and Jayla and I walked up to it and stared. This is one of the rare pictures people have seen of me smiling, and these are the only two people in my life that can make me happy on my worst day.
Speaking of, I need to get home to my son. I've barely seen him in the past week and I miss him.

I was about to walk out but my phone started ringing and I answered it.
"What?" I said to Dj and I heard voices in the background of wherever he was.
"Um I'm sitting here in the car with Kash, Essence, Laila, and Curtis because they were at a party and somebody started shooting and the cops showed up. And they were all drunk." He said and I closed my eyes and let out a breath before shaking my head.
"I'm on my way." I said and hung up.

I ran my hand down my face and I looked at the dresser where I seen Jayla's perfume and lotion that she wore on thanksgiving.
"Cocoa butter and vanilla." I said out loud, which was her signature scent to wear all the time.
I smiled before going in one of her drawers and getting one of her shirts that I knew smelled like her. I got it and sniffed it and then smiled before walking out and turning off the lights.

20 minutes later...

"I gave you guys the most simple instructions in the world, to stay in the house. I don't know what went through your head when you decided to go to a fucking party and get drunk, but I am in the middle of a war. And by I, I mean we. Reggie is at all of you guys' heads as much as he is mine. This is not a game." I said and Essence started rubbing her arms and I looked at Kash.
"You of all people should know that because we've been through this before." I said and he looked away.

"Since y'all can't be trusted not to do anything stupid, y'all are not allowed to go anywhere but school and here. Not the grocery store, not your friend's house, not taking a ride down the street, you will be here." I said and Curtis huffed and I looked at him crazy.

"I'm sorry did you have something to get off yo chest?" I said and he didn't say anything. "If you feel like you're gonna have a problem following the rules then you can walk out that driveway and do what you want." I said and the room fell silent.

"I will get your guys' practice and game schedules from your coaches so I will know personally when you're supposed to be gone. Anything outside of school that you will need will be brought to you, understand?" I said and they all nodded.
"Alright then." I said and they stood up.
"And no more alcohol. Don't drink or smoke with anybody outside of this house, don't trust anybody." Dj said and they nodded before going upstairs.

"Hey Sin, do you know where Demitrius is?" Naomi said carrying Shyne.
"No, I'm pretty sure he's just getting food or something tho." I said and she nodded before letting him down.
I took off my shoes and went into the room I was staying in which was on this floor. I put my shoes on the floor right next to the door and took my jacket and my vest off.

I grabbed a towel and my body wash before going in the bathroom and turning on the hot water. I took a long shower before getting out and drying myself and then wrapping the towel around my waist. I looked in the mirror and noticed that there was bags under my eyes and I let out a breath before brushing my teeth.
The whole time I was scrubbing, in my head I was hoping that Jayla would come behind me and wrap her arms around my stomach or rub my back and tell me that I'm sexy or that she loves me. But that didn't happen.

I rinsed my mouth out and put my boxers and some navy blue sweats on. I walked out of the small bathroom and I heard some scratching at the door and I scrunched my eyebrows.
I opened the door and Shyne was standing there with his little toy bone in his mouth.
"Oh you wanna play?" I said to him and he trotted in the room and put the bone down in front of my feet.

I picked it up and threw it somewhere and he ran like the wind to get it and he brought it back to me. I smiled and threw it again and he went to go get it and brought it back.
"You're a good dog." I said picking him up and he licked my face. "Ew don't do that, I don't like that." I said and he wagged his tail.

"Wanna go for a car ride?" I asked him and he barked.
"Yes? Okay." I said setting him on the floor and putting a white Nike shirt on and some slides and a hoodie.
I grabbed my gun and my keys before picking him and his toy up and taking him outside.
"Oh hey baby I didn't know you were back." I heard and turned around to see Miss Yvonne in her wheelchair while watching the tv.

"Yeah I came back a few minutes ago. What you doing up?" I said as Shyne was sniffing me.
"Nothing just watching my programs, where you going so late?" She said and I put my gun in my pocket.
"Nowhere, prolly to get a burger or something and get him some dog food. Do you want anything?" I said and she held up her hand.
"No I'm fine, but it's good that you're eating." She said and I nodded before walking out.

I jogged to my car and put Shyne in the backseat and then went around and got in the driver's seat. I started to car and then I looked over to see Shyne now in the passenger seat wagging his tail.
I chuckled and shook my head before pulling off and rolling down the window for him.

Jayla's POV
An hour later...

"Why are you helping me all of a sudden?" I said to Redd while I sat on the mattress getting fed a bottle of water since I could barely drink it myself.

"I don't know." He said and I looked at him.
"Where's Dee?" I said and he shrugged.
"Meeting with Reggie about something. They told me to stay and watch you." He said and I let out a breath.

It was silent for a second besides him putting the bottle of water to my mouth and I drunk it from one side, because the other side was swollen up.
"You know after babysitting you for over a week, you're not nearly as bad as Reggie told us you were. He told us all these horrible things about you and that's why I agreed to do this job in the first place." He said and I shook my head.
"Never believe everything you hear, especially if it's coming from his mouth." I mumbled as I finished off the bottle of water.

"So.. that was your bestfriend?" He told me, talking about Darrion and I sighed before nodding.
"Yes, we were close. We met at my Footlocker, my job some months ago and we got really close. I told him about my entire life and everything, and he betrayed me. I just feel like I wasn't meant to have a bestfriend." I said venting to him since he was the only person around.
"What do you mean by that?" He said leaning on the cold steel wall.

"Well my first bestfriend from high school had sex with Choyce when I was with him." I said and his eyebrows shot up.
"Choyce is your ex too?" He asked me and I nodded.
"I thought you would've known. Reggie was my first relationship, and my first everything. Then after we broke up I met Choyce and we dated for a year and some change." I said and Redd scoffed.

"He's a little fruit cup to me." He said and I chuckled.
"Yeah he is, he's gay or bisexual." I said and he started laughing.
"Wow." He said and we shared a laugh that was short-lived.
"What's your name?" I asked him curiously and glanced at him.

"Jamari." He said and I nodded.
"So why do they call you Redd?" I asked him and he shrugged slightly.
"Nothing major. It's my favorite color and I always wear it." He said and I glanced down at his shoes that were red, black, and white.

He was about to keep on talking when the door busted open and the red light flicked on.
"Second surprise of the day, more friends." Reggie said walking over to me with a smile.
"More? Who could you possibly bring?" I said lowly.
"Well they're not really friends, more like your boyfriend's friends." He said and my stomach turned because I didn't have a good feeling.

"Come in!" Reggie said in a sing-song voice and my stomach turned again.
The door opened and somebody walked in, it was a man and I recognized those big muscles even though I couldn't see his face.
"Hey Jayla." He said my name and I covered my mouth and Tony's voice.
"Oh my God." I whispered.

The door opened again and another person came in. I didn't really recognize him until he got closer and closed and I gasped.
"Yoshi?" Me and Redd both said at the same time but it went over my head.
"Nice to see you again." He said and the door opened again and my stomach twisted tightly.
The person walked in and I immediately recognized the height.
"No, no." I mumbled as he walked closer.

"Hey Sis." He said my name and my breathing picked up and I scooted back on the mattress.
"Smoke?" I said in question and he waved.
"No, no! You can't be here!" I said scooting back against the wall. "You wouldn't do this!" I said and he laughed.
"Oh but he would." Reggie said and I felt like I was hallucinating.

"How is this possible? How did this happen!? Why!?" I said looking at all of them.
"Who do you think leaked those pictures to the news? You know Sin is too good to be caught by a pedestrian." Tony said and I looked at Yoshi.
"Who do you think shot at you with your son in the car?" He said and they day replayed in my head.

*Flashback to Chapter 15*

"Legend sit back." I said to him while he kept bouncing in his seat
I let him sit in the front one time and he don't know how to act.
We're on the highway and I don't know if there's cops or anything. Little kids not supposed to sit in the front but who cares.

I glanced in the side in the side mirror and seen this black SUV that I seen behind me a couple minutes ago.
I started to panic a little bit. I'm from the hood, I've seen shit like this happen all the time.
"Legend call your uncles, hurry up." I said and he started to dial a number.

A few seconds later I heard him speak while I was speeding up.
"Hello?.. yeah Mommy needs to talk to you... we're on the highway... okay, here mommy." He said giving me the phone.
"Hello?" P's voice said through the phone.
"Um there's a big black SUV that's been following me for like 5 minutes. Everytime I speed up or switch lanes they're right behind me. I got Legend in the car and I don't want anything to happen." I said panicking as they tried to get beside me.

"I'm on the way with Smoke. I'm close so stay on the phone till we get there. Y'all can't see anybody in the car?" He said as they started to catch up to me.
"No the windows are tinted. They're starting to catch up to me." I said as calmly as I could.
"If they get beside you slow down and switch lanes behind them." He said and they got beside me but I did what he told me.

After that I heard the phone hang up and I looked to see P pull up next to me. We both rolled down the windows at the same time and Smoke started yelling out the window.
"Pull over to the side but keep driving!" He said and I nodded to him.
I pulled over and no sooner than I hit the lane, gunshots filled the air.

"Legend get on the floor and cover you head." I said and he unbuckled his seatbelt and ducked down.

*End of Flashback*

I let out a shaky breath but I couldn't even look at him.
"I've been following you for months and I met Reggie way before you and Sin even met each other. I'm the one that took everybody to Rosé's they say we y'all met. I told Choyce to be there and to do the whole choke thing to get Sin to go over there and meet you. He did, you guys fell in love, and boom we are here." He said and I looked at him in the most disbelief and hurt.

"Th-this doesn't make sense, why would you do something like this?" I said looking up at him.

"Quincy should've gave his empire to me, not Sin. There's no hard feelings between me and you, I just wanted to get back at my brother." He said and winked and I started looking around and breathing heavy, I felt like I was going crazy and this was all some sick dream.
"My whole life is a lie." I whispered and curled up in the corner.

***************
15,297 words📝.

😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱.

Smoke, Yoshi, Darrion, and Tony have been working against Jayla and Sin all along!!!???????

We found out who anonymous is, Hannah is a fake ass bitch😐.

Curtis being a lil thotianna🌚.

Laila and Nayah kissed omg😭😭😭.

Vote and Comment, I read them all🙂.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115K 3.9K 23
208K 8K 40
Very broken but bougie girl & Very mean and attractive hood nigga book one: Been Away book two: Adore You PSA: VERY MATURE LANGUAGE, MENTAL HEALTH IS...
706K 29.7K 50
๐€๐ซ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ฌ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž๐›๐จ๐๐ฒ ๐–๐ก๐จ ๐ฌ๐ž๐ž๐ฌ ๐š ๐ฐ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐›๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ค๐ฌ ๐ข๐ญ? ๐€๐ซ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐๐ฒ ๐ญ๐จ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ ๐ฃ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ญ๐จ...
65.9K 2.4K 20
Just read ๐Ÿ’™