My Forgotten Crush

By abfanchal

Trisha Bhatt, a strong and independent woman, famously known as Doyenne Queen in the business market is a suc... More

My Forgotten Crush
Meeting Encounter
Dinner Payments
Lift and Fight
Practice Surprise
Tease and Party
Snuggled Crash
Hospital and Thunders
College
Crush
The Talk
Confession
Flight Adventure
Saving lives
Meeting the Family
Food love
Bully
Sparring
Window Seat
Accident
Cheated
Luggage
Moonlight Dinner
No Plus One
Interviews
The Dance
Drunk in Love
Ugly Truths
Kidnapped
Struggle Fights
Wounded Truths

Dreams and Coffee

2.3K 81 0
By abfanchal

Arghhh! I just hate waiting in these long lines before important meetings.

But this wait was of worth as my best friend/managing director Kriti Sharma pursued the R.V. Company to collaborate with us and to make our company international.

In return I have to get her coffee which she perfectly knows I hate, waiting in lines, but I would have done it anyway because we all are working our ass off to make our company at the top.

I just want everything to fall in place and this meeting to be successful. While waiting in line I just started thinking how far we came ...

"You sure you wanted to do that!" My mom shouted at me when I told her, I wanted to start my own business with my two best friends Maya Chauhan and Kriti Sharma.

"Mom! Seriously!!!... Just hear if you are not convinced, I'll drop the idea." She put some thought and nodded.

And there was a little confidence built in me and after convincing her with all the ideas and facts that I had prepared with Maya and Kriti.

She was impressed with the idea. But she told me to continue my post-graduation as well as not to drop out.

After that little discussion with my mom, I was exhausted. I went straight to my room to tell my best friends that I got the green signal from her.

It's not like my mom is not supportive and all but she is just a little scared of me handling things. It's not her fault as I'm a little clumsy.

As soon as I called my best friends, they were happy as our office would be my house. Coming out of the trance the line moved a little bit.

And finally, I reached the coffee counter just as I ordered, I sensed there were some gasps as someone was entering the building. Just when I turn to see who is entering.

There is a handsome guy who ignored every gasp and oohs and aahs just as he is immune to them like it's his daily routine. From the demeanour and calmness, he is showing nothing, but still, this poker face guy is someone who knows what he wants.

On observing him closely, he is wearing a custom-tailored crisp black suit with clean as mirror black pointed shoes, and also, he is wearing black aviator goggles.

He has a perfectly trimmed beard with well-styled hair and he looked like an actor.

When I narrowed my eyes to his face, he just happened to see me gazing and turned toward me with his eyes fixed on me and when he came closer, he smelled, freshness like a scent of the ocean. He had dark brown eyes just like chocolate.

I was just mesmerized by his masculinity.

Wait! Did I just think about his masculinity and compared his eyes to chocolate?

Seriously, something is wrong with me. I didn't even notice that I was still staring at him.

And he smirked at me making me weak as he went past me taking my order just then I snapped back to reality. In my calm voice, although I was frustrated.

"Mm! What are you doing sir, that's my order?" I tried.

And he takes that coffee to his mouth and takes a sip from my coffee and gives his million-dollar smile.

With which I am sure girls went crazy, but not me.

With no answer from him.

I lost my cool and flipped his hand and the coffee was all over him.

And with a triumph and a smirk on my face, I left the coffee counter, with more gasps leaving behind.

And went straight to Kriti where she was eagerly waiting for her coffee and also for the meeting to start.

Just when she saw me fuming and marching towards her, with no coffee.

She started laughing and I don't understand why she was laughing then I saw myself as there was coffee on my clothes too.

I didn't even notice that the coffee was on me as well although it wasn't that hot, I wondered why people go there.

And I let out a sound of frustration. With no question asked she handed me her car keys.

"Go and get changed"

And I checked the time "the meeting is about to start!"

She glared and gave me the look 'Are. You. Out. Of. Your. Fucking. Mind.'

"There is no way you are going like this besides they just shifted our meeting half an hour later as the head hasn't come yet. Arrrghhh! How can they not be punctual?" I laughed at her.

Though she is a sweet and down-to-earth kind of girl in the business, it's not good when the meeting is delayed.

And just when she saw me laughing, she cocked her eyebrow.

"Why the hell are you laughing? I am getting tense here because of their lack of punctuality. I just hope they don't cancel our meeting."

With that, I also got a little tense. Although we are doing pretty well with our company, this will be a huge leap for us.

With that in my mind, I took the car keys from her.

"Why do you have spare clothes in your car?"

"I had a hunch and not just clothes I have a pair of shoes also" I was really curious then she replied.

I cocked my eyebrow at her.

"Hunch?" she slipped a smile.

"Okay! Okay, I was just joking. I had spare clothes and shoes because I am going on a date later."

And I was in shock with no words forming in my mouth and then she gave the full information regarding her secret date.

"He is a nice guy, Trish!"

I was tenser now because I don't trust man species only in case of forming a love relationship.

As far as I know, my best friend always ends up heartbroken, so to avoid that I built a wall with which I am pretty happy.

Seeing me a little tensed up she calmed me by giving me more information.

"I came to know about him when I was out with Maya and also, we told you about him."

I scratched my memory for this conversation and then it clicked as I remembered him but was unable to remember his name as always, I happened to forget names and then I let out a little shriek.

"That water bottle guy" she laughed

"Yes, the same guy but go and change first because you will be presenting to us and I don't Want our CEO to look like that," she said.

With a shrug, I left and went to the parking lot where her sleek black Bentley was parked. I have always loved her car as it was stylish, sleek, and comfortable.

I also wanted one for myself but I gave my car to my parents and also, I had other things planned.

I left that thought in the middle and started talking to myself.

"Focus. Focus." With that, I opened the car and sat inside and changed my top in the car as her car's windows were black and I only needed to change my top because I only had coffee spots on my top.

The top that was in her car was light grey with a deep neck and thread-like strap but to my relief, there was my pastel pink jacket which was fine because I was feeling warm and given to Kriti.

So, I just hoped not to be noticed until I wore my jacket.

And then I searched her car for shoes for a long-time and just when I thought of giving up and pulled out my phone to ask her, I noticed something greatly wrapped.

To my surprise that was her favourite grey date stiletto.

"This day is just getting better and better!!!" sighing I placed the wrapper back.

Glancing at my watch, there were just 5 minutes left for our meeting. I quickly saw myself in the rear-view mirror and got out of the car and locked it.

I went towards the lift with her shoes in my hand as I wouldn't be able to run in them.

As I saw someone get on the lift and I shouted.

"WAIT!! For me" and the person stopped the lift and I quickly ran into the lift.

"Thanks," I spoke politely.

Just when I was about to press the floor that person beside me brushed past and pressed the same button. I took my hand back. And I started wearing the stiletto.

There was a glitch of lift, making me trip but that stranger put a hold of me, from my elbow and making a strong grip. I gained my balance and turned towards him.

"Thank you" I spoke most genuinely.

And then I noticed that he must be in his late 20s or early 30s. He was also wearing a custom-tailored crisp grey suit which matched my top.

He has a sharp jawline with black eyes and a great smile.

"Always my pleasure" with a pause he continued studying me

"Are you new?"

"No! Just here for a meeting. Which is about to start" I glanced at my watch and saw I only had 3 minutes left.

And again, I pressed the button eagerly and the man beside me observed everything.

"It's not gonna go that fast with you pressing this button again and again" I turned toward him.

"Now is not a good time to make jokes. I'm getting late for this meeting and the person with whom our meeting is, has already been delayed. I'm just frustrated why people can't be just punctual". He just let out a little laugh.

"Yeah! Sometimes I also feel the same as the people who work here need to giddy up" he remarked.

And then to my shock, he works here but just to confirm it I still questioned him.

"You work here?" he arched his eyebrow and tilted his head.

"You don't know me?" And he made a face like I hurt his ego.

I ran to all my details about this company. In my mind there was a CEO named Ranveer, managing director and I didn't remember any name, Arrggghh! should have checked others' names as well when Kriti was googling and ogling over them.

He waved his hand in front of my face saying "Back to Earth, Cinderella" and with that.

"I'm not a Cinderella" I snapped and spoke

"Fine, but who are you?" With pride in my eyes, I extended my hand.

"Trisha Bhatt from The Aurora." A ping sound from the lift declaring our destination.

And with that, he shook my hands and gave me a charming smile.

"Nice to meet you Trisha Bhatt from The Aurora, see you soon" I glared at him and opened my mouth for a comeback but he already got off the lift.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3K 470 13
♕♚ 𝗛𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗠𝗼𝗼𝗻, 𝗦𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗦𝘁𝗮𝗿 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵 𝗺𝗮𝗱𝗲 𝗵𝗶𝗺 𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗲. ...
5.5K 627 30
"I thought you hated hugs" , I voiced out as he wrapped his arms ever so gently around me. "I still do, but hugs from you are an exception", he pull...
48.1K 1.9K 32
Ava Shetty, a girl with an enchanting aura, had the power to sprinkle happiness wherever she went. With her protective older brother and loving paren...
51.4K 1.9K 48
ATTENTION LOVES ! Major changes made from chapters 31-39 and chapters 45-47 Check them out ! Shivanya's life took it's first turn towards adventure...