My tempting mistake ✔ || book...

By queensofsupreme

"TIME of death?" "2:38am" *********** Elijah Carson black the number ONE player! He doesn't care about love u... More

Prologue
- Cast -
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48.
Chapter 49.
Chapter 50.
Chapter 51.
Chapter 52.
Chapter 53.
Chapter 54.
Chapter 55.
Chapter 56.
Chapter 57.
Chapter 58.
Chapter 59.
Chapter 60.
Chapter 61.
Chapter 62.
Chapter 63.
Chapter 64.
Chapter 65.
Chapter 66.
Chapter 67.
Chapter 68.
Chapter 69.
Chapter 70.
Chapter 71.
Chapter 72.
Chapter 73.
Chapter 74.
Chapter 75.
Chapter 76.
Chapter 77.
Chapter 78.
Chapter 79.
Chapter 80.
Chapter 81.
Chapter 82.
Chapter 83.
Chapter 84.
Chapter 85.
Chapter 86.
Chapter 87.
Chapter 88.
Chapter 89.
Chapter 90.
Chapter 91.
Chapter 92.
Chapter 93.
Chapter 94.
Chapter 95.
Chapter 96.
Chapter 97.
Chapter 98
Chapter 99.
Chapter 100.
Chapter 101.
Chapter 102.
Chapter 103.
Chapter 104.
Chapter 105.

Chapter 19.

2.1K 112 8
By queensofsupreme

Annette's POV.

I kept tossing and turning. How am I suppose to sleep in this room when I don't even know if Elijah is back home. 

I quickly sat up. I will get used to sleeping at twelve without having an argument or a video call with Elijah when he is basically sleeping in the room next to me. This is the first step to moving on and I think I am doing an awesome job forgetting him right now.

"Elijah." I said the second someone entered my room.

"Meghan." She said, switching the lights on. "I knew you would be awake. How do you feel?"

"I am fine now tell me sister, how about a girl's day out tomorrow. Just you and me." I smiled at her and she sat next to me.

"I have a training session with grandpa tomorrow and after that, I have to get ready for my test. I have exams, sorry." She said. "But if you really want to go out than go with Adrian and tell him you want to be his partner next week. I heard he doesn't have a date for the business award."

"You know." I looked at her and she nod her head. "Meghan I promise that is not the reason I want to spend some time with my sister."

"Annette, I know Elijah asked Kathleen to be his date and I also know you not asking me out on a date because of that but I want you to be happy that is why I think you should go see Adrian tomorrow and go out with him. I promise the media is going to forget the fact you are Elijah's fake ex-girlfriend. They will stop calling you names."

"Fine. I will go to the business award and show everyone that Elijah and I are just friends." I smiled at her. "Now tell me do you have a boyfriend."

"You are my sister and you already know that I have a crush but I will never tell anyone his name. Not even you Annette Hendricks or should I call you Annette Kingston, like grandpa." 

"I am sure the boy you have a crush on, likes you but please focus on your books." I told her and she got up. 

"Get some sleep, I love you." She kissed me before leaving. She changed a lot ever since the day she beat me up. She is up to something.

My phone beeped and I checked my message.

Unknown: You can run but you can't hide.

I read the message a couple of times. Who the hell would send me this message this time of the night?

Me: Who are you?

Unknown: Your worst nightmare. 

Me: Name?

Unknown: Tick Tok Tick Tok.

I left the person on read and went to bed. 

The next morning I woke up and there were five messages from different numbers. I ignored them all and went to take a shower. When I came back to read the message it was all gone. Whoever is trying to scare me is stupid. I am fearless.

"Good morning." I smiled taking a seat next to my father. 

"Morning pumpkin." My father kissed me. "How are you feeling?"

"I am awesome dad thank you." I replied. "Dad, where are mom and Meghan?"

"Your mother went to drop Meghan somewhere." He got up. "I wish I could stay longer and chat but I am late for work. I love you." He kissed my head.

"Enjoy your day." I shouted and he left. I am all alone, nothing new. I actually wonder how Elijah is coping right now? 

I quickly ate breakfast and went straight to my grandfather's place. I need to tell him about the messages. I hope someone is pranking me because I have no time to catch any villains.

"Annette, what are you doing here? I need to meet Meghan after her class." My grandpa said.

"Grandpa I got a couple of messages last night from an unknown number." I said. "I don't think it's my friends trying to play me. Grandpa, I think this person is an enemy of our family."

"Okay." He took my phone and checked the number. "Locate where this person is right now." He gave my phone to one of the IT men. "Don't worry princess, I am sure it's that Carson boy trying to scare you so you can go back to his house." I can't believe my mother already told him everything.

"Boss, I got his location." The IT man told my grandpa and we both turned to him. "He is in Lucknow." 

"Isn't that a city in India?" I asked and they nod their heads. "But I don't know anyone there."

"Wait." The IT man said. "He is in Cape town now." He continued. "Boss the location is moving around." 

"Switch all the laptops off." My grandpa shouted. "Annette, come with me." He took my hand. "Tell me, is this part of Elijah's plan or yours?" He questioned.

"What? Grandpa, someone seriously send those messages to me last night."

"Then how did they get the password. You know no one can crackdown my passwords." He said and I bit my lip. Grandpa will definitely kill me on of these days. "Annette, who did you tell the password?"  

"My phone." I answered and he looked at me confused. "I saved the password on my phone and I kinda wrote something that might have gave it away---."

"I can't believe you." He snapped. "Annette, your baby sister isn't even so stupid. Just leave, I will clean your mess up."

"You don't sound as angry as I thought." I kissed him. "Don't worry about me, just make sure you stay alive to see me run this business for you. I swear I will be as strict as you."

"I am so happy that Meghan isn't as stubborn and stupid as you." He said and I smiled at him. "Just leave Annette, you no longer my favorite grandchild."

"I will leave but first tell me, did you get an invitation to the business award?" I asked and he nod his head. "Grandpa you are old and you have so many enemies. I am going with you so I can protect you. I will be your bodyguard."

"Thank you my child but I already told them I am not going this year." He said and I faked a smile. Why is everyone not going to the business award this year? I hope Adrian didn't give his invitation away. I know he would never, he loves partying and free food.

"I will leave now. Take care." I kissed him again before leaving. I am definitely never going to miss this business award. I want to see Elijah and Kathleen live and I will, no matter what.

I knocked on Adrian's house and he answered the door. 

"Annette, why are you here?" He asked and I went inside. "Annette, What do you want?"

"Do you have a date for the business award in two days?" I smiled at him and he shook his head. "Then look no further because Annette Hendricks came to rescue you."

"You are weird." He giggled. "But thank you so much but I don't need a partner."

"After everything, we've been through together." I pushed him. "Come on, Adrian, I am your best friend."

"No, you not." He said and I twisted his arm. "I am not changing my mind even if you kill me today."

"Why?" I let him go. "I am not bad."

"You are amazing but I am not going to be able to make it to the business award." 

"What? Why?" What the hell happened to everyone. Is this award ceremony so bad?

"I have a mission and I am the leader of the Mafia. My father step down, remember." He said and I nod my head. "So I have to get my priorities straight."

"Okay then." I smiled at him. "Give me your invitation card."

"You are crazy. You seriously want to embarrass yourself." He giggled. "Annette, I am sorry but I can't do that."

"But I want to see Kathleen and Elijah. I want to know if they look good together." I mumbled.

"They actually do. I saw them shop---." I hit him on the head. "Sorry, Annette. By the way, if you seriously want to go then go with my friend. He is a businessman, and he is kinda older than us and we, not friends."

"But you said he was your friend." He ignored me gave me a business card.

"His name is Colton Brown, he is a CEO and I did business with him. He is a very nice guy so don't use him." He said and I nod my head. "He never brings partners to any award ceremonies or parties so I am sure he doesn't have a partner." 

"Thanks." I hugged him. "Don't die in the mission." 

"How can I die when I didn't get a chance to sleep with y---." 

"I will kill you if you ever finish that sentence." I shouted leaving his house. I started driving to the address of the card. I hope this man is still in his office. I wonder what I will even say to him. I hope everything I am doing for Eliah is worth it. That Kathleen shouldn't be trusted. If she was like any normal girl than she wouldn't have gone back to Elijah's office after what I accused her off. She definitely has a mission but I Annette, will definitely ruin it for her.

"Is Mr Brown here?" I asked the receptionist and she nod her head. "Can you please tell me where is his office?"

"Mr. Brown doesn't meet anyone without an appointment." 

"Do you know Mr Knight?" I asked and she nod her head. "He send me here."

"Ma'am, Mr knight never sends anyone. He didn't even come here since the day Mr Brown ---."

"Is there a problem." A man interrupted us. 

"Sir, this girl wants to see you." The woman replied and he turned to me.

"Come with me to my office." Mr Brown said and I followed him. He is definitely not a guy I can mess around with. Mom will definitely kill me after I go to the business award with this old man. "How can I help you kid?" He took a seat. 

"Mr. Knight gave me this card." I wish I practice my lines before I came here. "Mr Knight said you don't actually have a date to the award ceremony."

"You are a kid." He smiled. "I don't think it would be a good idea to take you to the award ceremony. I am sorry."

"I am not a kid. I am actually twenty-two." I stated.

"And I am thirty-six." He said. "Listen, I seriously would've taken you there even though you a complete stranger but I can't. You are twenty-two and everyone's eyes will be on you. I am sure if you are related to Mr Knight, you know how the media loves to twist things."

"I do Mr Brown, that is why I want to come with you. The media really thinks I love Mr Carson, but I don't. I just want to set the record straight but no one wants to help me."

"Okay." He stretched his hand. "This is the last time I am doing a stranger a favor." 

"Thank you." I started shaking his hand. "I am Annette Hendricks."

"You also Annette Kingston, right?" I nod my head smiling. "Nice to meet you kid and please stay out of trouble when you are with me. I hate attention and I hate those stupid journalists."

"I promise no one will even know I am with you." Because my lovely Mr. Brown, I will be with Kathleen and Elijah the whole time. I am only doing all of this to prove that Kathleen Joe isn't a good person. And nothing will stop me from doing that, not even death.

Let the fun begin Kathleen and may the best woman win this fight! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.7K 1K 58
Being the naturally born fat girl,her family decides to get her married to a handsome and dashing young man to raise her self esteem and to make her...
8.8K 498 48
"Her love makes me want to rip this world from heaven to hell." Aaron McOwen. 🌷🌷🌷🌷 A day before her 18 birthday, Aisha Sharma flees India, hopin...
7.2M 159K 34
"Hey Babe! I am having a surprise news for you!!" Anna cooed with the joy to tell Ethan that she is pregnant. "Before that sign the divorce paper!"...
10.8K 627 53
extract; " I love you, that is why i do all this ,I am in love with you.Everything I did, i did because I love you.I think about you all the time I c...