Marrying a Stranger (manXman)

By NS_silverlining

What would you do if a stranger say 'Yes' to you? Say yes to marrying you. Would you say 'Yes' too? or 'No'... More

Part 1: Where is Blue?
Part 2: Our love story
Part 3:Our love story (Cont.)
Part 4: The Unfaithful
Part 5: Heart-Ache
Part 6: What is the reason?
Part 8: It's Liam
Part 9: Cancel It
Part 10: Thank You & I'm Sorry
Part 11: When is the date?
Part 12: Cancellation
Part 13: Family First
Part 14: Between Family & Love
Part 15: Meeting Him Again
Part 16: Dad, I'm Sorry.
Part 17: Coffee
Part 18: Plan B
Part 19: What is this feeling?
Part 20: Make up Stories
Part 21: Absolute decision
Part 22: A lunch treat
Part 23: Finding solution
Part 24: Sudden change
Part 25: Meeting Lockhart's

Part 7: Drunk and Tears

512 25 0
By NS_silverlining

A/N: Hi there my dear lovely readers. I think I've rested for quite a long time. And, I'm sorry for those who keep looking forward to reading my novels. I sincerely apologize for not updating the new novel for the past few months.

As usual, forgive me for any grammatical errors. And, I hope that my dear lovely readers will keep on supporting me and this new novel. 

Happy reading :)

.....................

[Ayden POV]

People said, do not let a broken heart guy stay alone. Because, only god Knows what harm can he did to himself.

Since, I'm still in the right mind and also, I kind of worried if I might make an attempt to cause a self-harm. So, it would be wise of me to go outside and be among others. In case I might try to do something bad, there would be someone to stop me.

No.

I can't call McKellen. I don't want to bother his time with his grandpa.

This time I need to figure it out on my own.

So, I took the car keys and drove down the street. Searching for a new place to hang out and have some drinks. I need to let the steam off my mind.

I'm not going to the usual place. There's too much people knowing me and I don't want to end up meeting with Sander without McKellen besides me.

After half an hour of driving, finally I found a place. It's banner was written 'Circle'. It looks quite cozy from the outside. So, I decided to drop by.

It is just a small pub with contemporary design. Once, I stepped inside the beautiful ballad song, piano version greeted me.

Nope. There's no pianist was seen, it's only the stereo that was played.

And I found it amusing, because, nobody were paying attention to me when I was in there. Sometimes, popularity can be quite troublesome when every steps of you being watched. Also, your private life would be shared around in the media.

Humph~

It's so tiring.

"What can I offer to you, sir?" Asked the bartender from behind the counter, once I took a seat opposite to him.

"Just give me something light, first. A cocktail perhaps. Make the best one for me. Thanks."

"That's quite tough choice, sir. Since, my cocktail is the best one in this area. I bet that you're  a new guy, that's why you didn't aware about it."

"Yes, I am." I answered casually.

"Alright then. I will make it ready for you."

I flashed a plain smile.

As waiting for him preparing my cocktail, I looked around the pub. Lots of group of friends gathering around at the table. It seems happening when they're all chatting and laughing all together.  There's also a couple who was sitting at the corner being sweet with one another. But, only me who was sitting alone in here.

That's sounds lonely.

"Here, sir. I called it 'Witch's Brew'. Please give your comments about it." He said while placing the glass of cocktail on the counter.

"My pleasure." I replied.

Once I tested the drink, it feels so good. Just like he claimed himself as the best cocktail maker in his area.

"Yes, you deserve the title." I exclaimed.

A smug smile was crawling onto his lips as I praised him.

The moment I was enjoying my tasty cocktail, the scene of the conversation I had with Blue emerged.

My chest squinch.

Just before I fall deeper into my endless feeling of heartbreak, another glass of cocktail was shoved in front of me.

This time it was in light orange color.

"Did I order this?" I asked being puzzled.

"There's someone ordered it for you."

In an instance, I looked around and found the person who ordered the drink for me. He lifted up his glass and gestured a smile. I returned a smile at him.

"So, what is this called?"

"Bellini."

"Nice name. I'm sure it taste good too."

The bartender just smile.

Just to stop thinking about the thing between me and Blue, I decided to have a small talk with the bartender.

"Do you know the guy who ordered me this drink?"

"His name is Jared Collins. He owns a workshop and had opened new branch, recently. But, trust me do not get deceive by his decent look. He's quite a big player."

I let out a chuckle. "Thanks for telling me. But, I fully aware of this kind of person."

After awhile, I decided to change to more stronger drink. And, I ordered one shot of whiskey. I really need to drunk myself to get rid of Blue from my mind.

After one shot, I asked for another shot. And it goes on until someone join me at the counter.

"I hope you don't mind if I join you."

I was half-sober already, and I was smiling all the way once that man said he wanted to join me.

"Of course. Please have a seat. What do you want to drink? This guy can make the best cocktail, you should try it." I gave a suggestion.

"Yes, of course. I've tried it before, that's why I treated you with one Bellini just now. Do you like it?"

I narrowed my eyes and bent myself forward to take a closer look of the guy next to me.

"Oh! So you're the one who bought me a drink. Thanks a lot ....., Sorry what is your name again?"

"It's Jared. Jared Collins." He offered a handshake and I gladly took it.

"Thanks for the drink, Jared. It's so good."

"I was happy, if you like it. Actually, I saw you sitting here by yourself... so, that's why I want to accompany you." He began to throw his flirting weapon.

I smile plainly.

"Excuse me, sir. Actually, this mister isn't alone. He is waiting for me."

Another guy came from no where, claiming that I was his date.

And Jared was flabbergasted and confused at the same time, he was in the middle of believing what was saying by the new guy or not believing.

"Is it true?" So he confirmed it with me.

With my half-awake mind, I kind of do not care who is coming or who is leaving, thus I just said yes for everything.

"Yes."

Whilst, both of them arguing about who is going to be my date for the night, I keep filing in my glass with whiskey. Ignoring whatever drama they had with one another.

I have enough drama in my life and I don't want to add another script.

"Andre, please give me the same one like this gentleman." The new guy spoke out.

It seems we had the winner.

I didn't take a glance at him, just focusing on my glass instead. And, how do I know he wasn't the same person who treated me with Bellini when I didn't even looked at him?

Because of his voice. This one is more sexier than the previous.

"I'm Liam." He said introduce his name, while gesturing a handshake.

I do accept it. But, this time I didn't mention my name, only tugged a little smile at the corner of my lips.

"It's so rare to see you around here, Ayden." He spoke.

It's because I'm drunk that cause me to hear him calling me by my name?

I guessed, I really am drunk. Because after that, I can't recall what was happening between me and him.

................

[Third person POV]

Ayden had 100% fall into drunken mode, and he probably didn’t aware of what he was talking about.

“So, do you come alone or do you waiting for someone?” Liam asked.

“Why would I wait for another person when you’re here as my date, aren’t you?” Ayden answered half-sarcasm.

Liam puffed a chuckle instead. “Thanks to you for saying ‘Yes’ to me. If not, I wouldn’t be here sitting and drinking with you.”

And, Ayden just pursued a smile while gulping down a shot of whiskey.

“What’re you doing around here? It is so rare of seeing you, sir.” Asked Liam once again, when the other person didn’t answer to him beforehand.

“You already call me by my name just now… why bother change it? We’re not attending a corporate drinking party here.”

Again, Liam was laughing over Ayden’s spontaneous humour.

“Yeah~ that’s good if you’re fine with me calling you, Ayden. Besides, I’m no good at formalism.” Liam responded and chugged down the alcoholic beverage in his glass.

“And… you still haven’t answered me, Ayden.”

“Oh! About that…let’s just say I’m changing my view. It’s getting bored to stick to same view. So, I wanted to find something new… something to start afresh.”

“Well… that’s good. Changing view is good, but don’t do it so often. Because, if you do it so often, people are going to accuse you of not being loyal.”

Both of them were playing with words; that was implying to something deeper and hidden meaning.

A sneer was tugged at the corner of Ayden’s lips upon listening to the comment by Liam. “Loyal, huh? What’s the point of being loyal, when at the end of the day all you’ve got was betrayal? If that happens, people might accuse you of being a fool instead.”

Liam realised that the conversation he had with Ayden wasn’t just a casual talk. He noticed that, Ayden put some meaning into it. It was as if Ayden was talking about himself.

The sobbing sound was heard by Liam before he shifted gaze to look at his left side. It was belonged to Ayden; that sobbing sound.

“He’s crying?” Liam whispered in his heart.
And then, he tried to console Ayden by placing his hand on Ayden’s shoulder before he patted on it gently.

“Hey… what’s wrong? You can share it with me, only if you don’t mind.” Liam’s voice softens.

Ayden brushed off the tears away and ignored Liam’s offers. He continued to ask for another shot of whiskey from Andre (the bartender).

But this time, it was being stopped by Liam. “Andre, how many glass had he taken?”

“I don’t know, I lost count. But, it looks like he almost finishes one bottle of it.” Answered Andre.

“Sh*t! He’s gonna passed out if he keeps drink it. Ayden, I think you had enough already. Let me send you back.”

However, Ayden didn’t give in. He was resisting and demand for more.

“That’s enough, Ayden.” Liam didn’t give up into making him stop.

“Don’t stop me! I need to get drunk! I need to get rid of that bastard face from my mind! I need to forget about him!” Ayden began to lost control of himself. Alcohol had taken over his system.

Sooner, he passed out on the counter. Liam gets flustered upon seeing Ayden’s condition.

“So, what’re you gonna do with him?” Asked Andre.

“I can’t just leave him here. So, I will take him home.”

“Do you even know him?”

“No. I only know his name. We’re totally strangers.” Answered Liam before he went to grab Ayden by his arms.

“Put all his bills into mine. I will pay it later.”

With that said Liam brought Ayden into his car and drove back to his house.

………………

[ Liam POV ]

It so not like me to bring a stranger into my house, but Ayden is an exceptional. Ever since the first time I met him, I felt like I want to get to know more about him.

Yes, it is true.

The meeting with him at the ‘Circle’ was the second. I’ve seen him before, and I guessed only I remembered it.

I’m not sure about him, probably I will wait until he fully sober and I will ask him again.

“Wow~~ what a nice house you have.” Ayden commented once he stepped inside the condo.

He was still in drunk mode, and was walking clumsily. Bumping here and there, however still disallow me to help him.

“Don’t tell me you’re living alone in this spacious house?”

“Who am I going to live with?” I wasn’t going to give him a direct answer.

Ayden turned to face me while smiling. “Your girlfriend or boyfriend, of course.”

“Yes~ that’s a good idea. Thanks for your idea, Ayden. I might offer that idea to my future boyfriend.”

“Are you saying that you’re single?”

“Yes, I am.”

Ayden burst out laughing out loud. “Do you think I would believe that? Or you are that kind of guy?”

He put a pause before neared me.

Somehow, my stomach feels funny, it tingles in the inside.

“Are you that kind of guy who only interested in one night stand?” Continued Ayden, standing an inch away from me.

Our lips almost touch but I decided to avert it.

I’m not being coward. It is because I had my own rules and policy.

“Sorry to disappoint you, but I’m not that kind of guy. You’re thinking so highly of me.” I took it for a compliment.

“Jeez, man! I’m not complimenting you; it is a word of disgrace. So don’t give me that proud face.” Ayden getting annoyed, instead of me.

Haha! This is what they called a reverse psychology.

Later on, Ayden was walking aimlessly. He walked into the kitchen and began to rummaging the cabinet drawers and lockers.

“What’re you doing?” I asked him.

“Where did you keep your wine? Or beer? Or anything that works?”

“Are you going to drink more?” I was surprised.

“Of course. It is an after party drink. Come on, dude… let’s drink more.”

“You already had enough drink, Ayden. Just give a rest, okay.”

“Why are you mumbling like an old man? Just chill, okay. Ah! I found it~” Ayden found the bottle.

He grabbed the bottle in his right hand and went to find the opener in the drawer. With both of his hands occupied, he steps wobbly out of the kitchen and as I could predict… he lost count of his steps and caused him to fall backwards.

Anyhow, he was lucky that I was fast enough to catch his back and saved him from falling down with those wine bottle crush onto his head.

We had one minute of eye staring competition before I said, “Can you please stop torturing yourself like this? It is unbearable to see you doing this to yourself.”

As his eyes blinking, tears rolling down the cheeks. He was crying again.

“If you want me to stop. You need to end this misery for me. End it by marrying me.”

..................
0318. Sat. 040720

#staysafe

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5M 26.9K 6
#1 in General fiction and Romance for a long time An Arranged marriage! Why not ? Marrying a Stranger? Why..... what the hell? Arranged marriage...
281K 6.8K 44
"if i swallow magnets, will i become attractive?" "you're already cute when you're nice lia" came a deep, sweet voice behind me, as strong arms circ...
40.2K 2.8K 62
Marrying a straight person isn't good at all. But falling in love with a straight person is it wrong? Having crush on him for several years is it a c...