The Fortune Teller || RYEJI

By zeherezehera

At a Korean high school, charming and rebellious Ryujin vies for the affections of a shy new student, Yeji. T... More

Prologue
CHARACTERS
Chapter 1: Me
Chapter 2: The Fortune Teller
Chapter 3: A Success
Chapter 4: Her Name is Ryujin
Chapter 6: She Was Hurt
Chapter 7: She Avoided Me
Chapter 8: The Quest
Chapter 9: Jeonju; Do I Really Cheated On Him?
Chapter 10: I Am Her Baby
Chapter 11: Crossword Puzzles
Chapter 12: We Ended
Chapter 13: Is It Actually Unreal?
Chapter 14: The Attack
Chapter 15: Christopher Chan
Chapter 16: Fight With The Teacher
Chapter 17: Finally
Chapter 18: She Wants to Attack
Chapter 19: I Fought with Eunwoo
Chapter 20: What Had Happened?
Chapter 21: The Revenge
Chapter 22: Double Problem
Chapter 23: Eunwoo's Mother
Chapter 24: Visiting Ryujin
Chapter 25: She is My Hero
Chapter 26: Goodbye Ryujin
Chapter 27: The Death
Chapter 28: We Broke Up
Chapter 29: Life Without Ryujin
Chapter 30: We Met After Years
Final Chapter: Blessed
Thank You Note 📝 (MUST READ!!!)

Chapter 5: Chou's Cafe

1.5K 82 39
By zeherezehera

On the very next day, I received a letter from Ryujin. I don't know how she could pass it through Hyunjin. The content of the letter is short but made me felt something in my heart.

"I have already fallen in love with you."-SRJ

Quickly, I hide the letter from Hyunjin who was prying over the letter. And that was it. She had made me lost my focus on the class for the whole day.

During recess, I sat at the cafeteria together with Hyunjin, Minho, Jisung and Minnie. We were eating our food while having some light conversation.

"Does everyone in this school eat here, in the café?" I asked, earning questioning looks from my companions.

I cleared my throat while smiling.

'Did I get caught?'

"Nope. Some of the students prefer to spend their recess time at Chou's Café which is located not far from this school. They went there because there will be no teachers looking after them." Minnie replied while munching on her favourite menu, kimchi fried rice.

"Oh. She must be there, then." I responded to Minnie's answer, not realizing that I said it out aloud.

"Who?" Hyunjin raised an eyebrow.

"Ryujin." I replied, not wanting Hyunjin to get more suspicious on me.

"Why did you want to know where she is?" I rolled my eyes upon hearing Hyunjin's questions.

"Am I not allowed to know where my friend is right now?"

"Is she even your friend?" Jisung interrupted.

I was taken aback upon hearing Jisung's question. I inhaled deeply before meeting his eyes.

"Yes, I guess?"

"You guess?" Hyunjin asked his-i-don't—know-what-number-his-question-is-right-now.

"Yes." I replied firmly, not leaving his eyes. I didn't know why, but I felt a bit offended when my 'friendship' with Ryujin was being questioned by those two.

"Didn't you know that she is one of the motorcycle gang members in our school? She is also one of their captains. She is dangerous, Yeji."

"So what?"

"You must not be involved with her, Yeji. Even by being her acquaintance. You could put yourself in danger." Jisung replied.

I sighed.

"I know how to take care of myself. I am not that stupid. I know what I am doing. Besides, we are just friends. Not more than that." My heart ached upon noticing what I had said to the three of them.

"But Yeji. You know what the gangs often do right? Being involved in fights, beating other's asses. Do you really want to be involved with such things?" Jisung asked me worriedly.

"Why did you even think that I will get myself involved with such things? I have already said to you that I know on how to take care of myself. I am not a stupid person." My blood started to boil upon hearing those words about Ryujin.

"But- "

"Hi to the most beautiful person in the world that I have ever met, the one and only Hwang Yeji." Hyunjin's words were cut when Ryujin suddenly took a seat beside me, greeting me, not minding the other three that were having their meals together with me.

"Hello, Ryujin." I couldn't lie that my heart did not flutter at all upon hearing Ryujin's greeting for me.

"Hey, The Great Shin!" suddenly, one of our schoolmates who I don't even know his name greeted Ryujin while patting her back. I felt uneasy upon seeing such contact that had been made by the boy.

"Yo, what's up, Changbin?" Ryujin offered her handshake to that Changbin, and they did their brofist.

"Ceiling." Changbin answered while pointing at the café's ceiling which had earned light chuckles from the four of us and a smack on his hand from Ryujin.

"Just kidding, sis. Don't be too mad at me or else I won't treat you for your lunch today." That words of him had made Ryujin stood up from her seat and bowed repeatedly towards him.

"HAHAHA. That is a really good action from you, Shin. Just come to the restaurant after school. Don't forget to bring another Shin with you. I have not seen her that much nowadays."

"Alright, bro!" with that, Changbin left the table and Ryujin sat beside me.

"That is my brother from another mother." Ryujin gestured to Changbin who was clearly having fun with his group of friends by putting a glass full of water on his forehead and tried to walk towards another table near them.

"He is sometimes a bit crazy. Crackhead." Ryujin chuckled and did I had ever said that her even slightest chuckle is very beautiful?

I smiled while nodding upon hearing her words. The other three just kept their silent, continue eating their meals.

"Have you eaten?"

"Yes. I have eaten at Chou's Café." She displayed her whiskers and by that, I meant that she smiled really widely.

"Hey Ryujin!" Minnie called her.

"Yes, babygirl?" Ryujin shifted her gaze to meet Minnie's.

I frowned upon hearing such endearment that was given to Minnie by Ryujin.

"Why Chaeryeong didn't come to school today?" Minnie asked with furrows on her forehead.

"Oh really? I am not sure about that. Wait a minute." Ryujin then scanned the café.

"Hey Choi Jisu!" Ryujin shouted, earning the attention she craved for from Lia.

'Jisu? Isn't her name is Lia?'

Lia then walked towards our table and sat beside Ryujin after she moved herself to be closer with me. I could smell her lovely scent. 'Vanilla.'

"What do you want from me?"

"Didn't Chae come to school today?" Minnie asked.

"Oh, yes. She is feeling unwell today. Today is her first day of period."

"Ouch! It hurts!" Ryujin suddenly massaged her own waist, earning questioning looks from all of us.

"What? I couldn't help myself from imagining on how much it could hurt! It kills me every time I have a period pain."

Hyunjin and Jisung cleared their throat simultaneously.

"Oops. Sorry. I forgot that you are here."

"Never mind. We shall excuse ourselves now." Jisung replied, blush could clearly be seen from his face.

"Oh, wait a minute, Hyunjin." Ryujin stopped Hyunjin from making his way to the class.

"Yes?"

"Do you want to know something?"

"And that is?"

"I am in love with the little Hwang beside me."

Hyunjin smiled which could clearly be seen as a forced one, his eyes gazing at me.

"But I am too ashamed to tell her."

"Didn't you just say it just now?"

"I am saying this to you, not her." Ryujin sighed dramatically.

"But she still can hear this conversation, right?"

"I am hoping for that." And with that, Ryujin stood up and left me, Lia, and Minnie at the table.

Should I lie to you guys? I DIDN'T feel anything upon hearing her words. Yes, that is a lie.

The air was a bit awkward, before Lia asked Minnie on why she asked about Chaeryeong. Soon after, I already knew that both Lia and Chaeryeong were dating.

"We are connected from soul to soul." Lia concluded her relationship with Chaeryeong.

After Minnie and I finished our meal, the three of us then walked together to the class. Once I entered the class, my eyes noticed that a blue haired girl was already sitting at my table.

"Hey, Ryujin." I greeted her which had made her flinched from her daydream.

'Why must she be too cute?'

"Hey, beautiful. Why are you late?"

"I had a talk together with Lia and Minnie once you left." Slowly, I took an empty seat which belonged to Chaeryeong who was apparently absent from school on that day.

"How could you have a chat without me?" Ryujin shed her non-existent tears.

'What a drama queen.'

"You are the one who left us. It is not our fault." Chuckling, I slapped her arms that were shedding the 'tears'.

"How can I stay there after saying such words in front of you?"

"Then why did you do that?"

"Because I want him to know that I love you." Ryujin pointed to Hyunjin who clearly had tried his best to listen to our conversation.

"But what if I don't love you back?"

"Then it is a lost for you."

"Why me? You are the one who have an unreciprocated love. Not me."

"You are losing because you didn't want to be with me."

"And why is that?"

"Because I am the Great Shin." She scrunched her nose while giving me a snob face.

'WHY IS SHE TOO CUTE?!'

I shook my head upon watching her.

"Can I have a paper? I need to write something."

Quickly, I took out my notebook from my bag and handed it to her. She started to write something, but she didn't allow me to read it. She then handed me the notebook.

----------

Quick Notice;

List of the person who is in love with you:

1. Solbin

2. Hyunjae

3. Sunwoo

4. Soojin

5. Ryujin

---------

I smiled upon reading her 'quick notice'.

"I don't even know who the names are belonged to except you."

"I know."

"But do they even exist in this school?"

"Of course."

"How did they know me? I am still new here."

"How can I know you?"

"I don't know. I never asked you."

"Because you are beautiful. And that is also the reason on how they knew you."

I averted my eyes onto the paper. I can't help myself from blushing upon hearing her casually flirting with me.

"Look." Ryujin took the paper in my hands and the pencil that she used to write it just now.

Carefully, one by one, she stroked the names that she wrote before except hers.

"Why did you stroke their names?" I asked, wanting to know why she did that.

"They will fail."

"Fail from?"

"Making you as theirs."

"So, you want to say that all of them will fail except you?"

"Of course."

She then left the class through the back door sneakily, upon noticing that my teacher had already made his way to the teacher's table. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.2K 3.7K 43
"She's a player, don't get fooled." Started: 11.10.2021 Ended: 08.11.2021 ❗A book with matured contents.
189K 9.6K 46
Part 2 of Icy Like Diamonds A lot has changed since Ryujin and Yeji agreed to becoming friends. Will their relationship also suffer changes?
70.2K 4.2K 58
"Leave her alone, she's my photographer." This book contains mature contents. Self-harming and stuffs are contained in this book. Started on: 06.08.2...
22.5K 756 28
9 years after Yeji, Lia, Ryujin, Chaeryeong and Yuna's graduation from Hogwarts, they all continued their life far from each other, but never divided...