Selfless

By heartlessbrock

This is the third book in the heartless series, so read the other two or this will make no sense haha More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
Not a chapter

59

1.9K 64 34
By heartlessbrock

He led me down the hallway and into the office, "what are we doing?" I asked as he sat me down in the desk chair. "Shh, just trust me on this one." He said and leaned over me to type something into the computer. I bounced Mia as I suspiciously watched him pull up a video on the screen titled weddingproject2021.

When the video loaded an image of Colby showed up on the screen, "hey baby girl, it's Colby, your now husband I guess. I am here in the cabin with the guys getting ready to marry your fine ass." The video version of him said as I chuckled and looked up at real life Colby who was smiling at the screen. "I just wanted to put together a video of this experience since nothing is guaranteed. Our memories are more valuable than ever..as you know." He said with a sigh before he smiled. "Here we go." He said then covered the camera with his hand.

"Hey future Cora! It's Colby from the past. I'm about to propose to you. I know it's planning way in advanced for me to be filming this considering we aren't engaged yet but I have a good feeling you'll say yes. I guess if you're watching this though, then you must have said yes. So hey my beautiful wife, I love you." He said then winked and brought his hand to the lense of the camera.

It cut to a video of him proposing, I had just said yes and thrown myself into him. I was still pretty pregnant which was weird to think about because I almost don't remember a world with Mia not in it.

The screen cut to Colby again, "Hey me again, you're over there celebrating, but I just wanted to say thank you for saying yes." The video version of him whispered as the present day Colby kissed my head.

The video cut again to Colby who had cake all over his face, "hey baby, we just got back from our cake tasting and can I just say that you're the most beautiful person ever, even with cake all over your face. I can't believe I get to marry you, you're too good for me Cor." He said and paused, looking around as if he was about to get caught. After a couple seconds he turned back to the camera, "Thanks by the way for letting me have red velvet. You're the best." He said and covered the screen quickly. I reached up and wiped a stray tear that had fallen from my eye as I stared at the screen.

The video cut to the guys and him at his bachelor party, "hey baby girl! I'm here with the guys. They brought me to this cool abandoned building WITH permission." He said as I laughed, "I think you're supposed to have strippers or something at bachelor parties but I would never even want that, they would have nothing on you anyways." He said and winked before he panned the camera to the guys, "hey cor!!" They all yelled, "still can't believe she said yes to you dude, does she know you're already married to me?" Corey said and wrapped his arms around Colby's waist. "Shh that's our little secret brother." He said and laughed as he brought his hand to the lense again.

The video cut to me looking up at the sky with Mia at our venue. I didn't notice at the time that he was filming as I talked and bounced with her. "I'm so lucky." He whispered as I pointed up at the birds as Mia cooed in my arms.

The video then cut to Colby who was sniffling, it looked like he just got done crying. "Hey baby girl. You don't remember me right now, so I don't know why I'm even filming this." He said with a thick voice as tears formed in his eyes. "If you actually get to watch this and remember everything again, please know how absolutely grateful for you I am. I'm crushed right now because it feels like I'm living in a world that you're not in. I love you so much." He said and sniffled then looked down. "Please god remember me." He mumbled then looked up with sad eyes at the camera again before covering the lense with his hand.

I reached over and grabbed Colby's hand and rubbed the back of it with my thumb as the screen changed. "I know that last clip was probably pretty sad but guess what! You remember me. You remember everything again! see?" He said then panned the camera over to me as I bounced Mia on my lap at the Christmas party. "I love you baby girl thanks for coming back to me. I really fucking missed you." He said then cut the camera again.

The next clip was from his birthday. "Hi my angel. We get married in ONE MONTH." He said excitedly, "I can't believe how fast time has gone. I know these last few clips haven't been very wedding related but I'm not allowed to go on most wedding related things with you because you want it to be a surprise. I'm excited though! One month!" He yelled and danced happily. "Can't wait to marry you, baby!" He said and winked.

The next clip played, it was in him in the hospital room with me as I slept. "Hey baby girl, we were supposed to get married today, but things took a little bit of a turn as you know. You're in a lot of pain right now and I just wish I could make it go away." He said and closed his eyes against the tears that were forming as he took a deep breath and shook his head, "it's okay though, we rescheduled it for 3 weeks from now. That's only 3 more weeks until I get to call you my wife. We will make it. I love you." He said then cut the camera.

The next video was of me walking by myself in the hallway. Meghan must have been recording because Colby was in the clip encouraging me to keep going. I watched as his face lit up with excitement as I finally made it to him. My heart soared watching him hug me tightly as I melted into him. "Way to go Cor!" Meghan said as she cut the camera.

I squeezed Colby's hand as the video then cut to me walking down the aisle. The person filming panned from me walking without my cane to Colby. The look of pure love on his face melted my heart as I pouted at him.

The next clip was us having our first kiss, then him carrying me back down the aisle. My heart was buzzing with warmth watching these as music played in the background.

Then we got to the reception.

"Hey Cora! Sugar K here! Colby asked me to go around and get some clips of your favorite people hyping you the fuck up, let's go! I'll start. You are my little sister and I love you so much it hurts. I would kill every spider in the world if it meant you were happy. I'm so happy for you guys and I can't wait to see what the future holds for both of you." He said then panned to Aryia,

"hey Cor, it's crazy that we are at yours and Colby's wedding! You guys are the most beautiful couple I have ever seen and your love is so strong I can feel it all the way from here. You just look so happy today." He said with a smile, "I hope you get to ride that happiness all the way to end of your life, love you!" He said as the camera panned to Reggie and Cassie,

"woahhhhh hey Cora! You have the coolest husband in the world for putting this all together for you." Cassie said as Reggie laughed, "I'm editing this what are you talking about?" He said causing Cassie to roll her eyes, "shut up Reggie!" She said and he laughed, "I'm just messing around, I love seeing you happy bud, I hope that you're crying happy tears right now watching this because that's what you deserve. Love you." He said as the camera cut again.

"Hi Cora! Ugh I love you so much it hurts. I'm so happy to see you so happy. Literally look at you, you're glowing!" Kat said and panned the camera to me. I was laughing and talking to Tara in the video. I really did look super happy. Just then Sam ran up to the camera.

"Hey Cora! I love you kiddo, I'm so happy that you're in my life dude! Thanks for marrying my best friend. You've made him pretty dang happy." Sam said as Jake and Corey ran up, "hey Cor! We are drunk as hell but we love you! Don't we Corey?" Jake asked as Corey nodded, "I have something serious to say though." He said then looked at the screen with full seriousness. "Your smile lights up the world, and we need some sunlight in this bitch, so you better smile." He said the cracked a smile of his own before turning to dance away.

Devyn and Tara popped up next on the screen, "happy wedding day Cora! We just wanted to remind you that you're worth so much. You are too hard on yourself sometimes but in reality you're the coolest person in the world." Devyn said as Tara laughed, "especially when you're yelling at Colby, that shit is so funny. Anyways, we love you!" Tara said then covered the lense.

"Hey squirt, I hope you know how much we all love you! You have jumped through so many hoops to be able to get to this day and we are all so proud of you. You're the strongest person I have ever met and I'm proud to call you my daughter. Love you!" Dad said as he blew and kiss and cut the camera.

I started crying as I squeezed Colby's hand. The video cut to Colby's parents, "hello daughter!" Colby's dad said as he waved, "hi sweetie! We are so happy you're in our family now. I don't think Colby could have found a more perfect girl if he tried. You two were made for eachother and your love is so beautiful. We love you." Colby's mom said as I cried even harder, "make sure you keep Colby in line though, he needs it." His dad said with a laugh as they covered the camera.

The video cut again to Colby and I dancing. We looked so happy as we talked quietly to eachother.

The video played for a while before it cut to Colby again this time he held Mia, "hey, me again. You're dancing with your dad right now, but I just wanted to tell you that you have made me the happiest guy alive. I'm so proud of you and I know you've been through so much shit, but as your husband now I promise you'll never be alone. Ever. Right Mia?" He asked and looked down at her as she giggled, "you love mommy?" He asked as she bounced happily in his arms. "She does. Because you're the best mom out there." He said and kissed Mia's head, "Thank you for exsisting Cora Elizabeth. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you." He said and paused, looking off to where my dad and I were dancing off screen, "I love you, Brock." He said then kissed his hand and brought it to the lense causing the video to end.

I turned to look at him as I pouted, "Colbyyyy." I whined and leaned into him as he laughed, "you liked it?" He asked and wrapped his arms around me, "Colby I loved it! It's the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me. I don't deserve you." I wimpered into his chest as he chuckled, "you deserve the world baby girl. You really do." He said as I looked up, "I love you." I whispered as I sniffled and brought my lips to his.

"I love you too. Never forget that. Ever." He said then planted another tender kiss to my lips.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

612K 13.8K 181
The third book to the Lucky series. Hope you enjoy!
260K 7.1K 174
Third book to Chaos series. Enjoy.
488 3 25
A Colby Brock Fanfiction :) Important Note : All portrayals of anyone's character - especially anything negative - in *any* of my stories is purely...
308K 8.6K 170
Fourth book of the Lucky series.