ME & HIM ✔︎

By badgaaltina

After the death of her parents, China moved in with her aunt in Florida. But After a couple of months, they m... More

cast
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
update
14
15
16

4

305 17 16
By badgaaltina

We finally got to California. The plane ride was at least six hours and I basically slept the whole time. I checked the time and it was two-forty-six. I sigh and looked around Los Angeles. I miss this place.

"We have to catch the bus to the house. My car is not here it's at the house." Clarissa stated.

"Alright." I said.

We walked to the bus stop. I searched on my phone when was the next bus coming and it says at three."The next bus is coming at three so we kinda made it in time."

We waited for a couple minutes before stepping on the bus with our suitcases. The bus had a smell to it and i felt like throwing up. "Smells like ass" I whispered to Ariana.

      "Thought i was the only one." She says putting her hand over her mouth. "I can taste the smell."

      "Shh." This white woman said. "You blacks are too loud. Maybe you're the one that stinks."

      She was pale and looked like she was in her 40s. She had teenage girl standing next to her and a little boy. She was making faces at us the whole time we were here. She really didn't think I saw.

      When I heard she said that I was ready to swing on her white ass. But my aunt stopped me before I did anything. "What did you just say?" She asked the lady.

      "You heard me."

      "I didn't know people in California were racists." I heard Ariana mumbled.

      "They're not. Well not everyone-." I said.

      "No, I don't think I heard you clearly. You just made a racist comment, ma'am. You need to watch your mouth. There are kids around here."

      She shrugged her shoulders. The teenage girl looked guilty and embarrassed. "Mom, stop. Don't you think you're a little harsh."

      "Yes, Chile. Check your mother please before I come check her for you." My aunt says putting her suitcase beside me and Ariana. She was about to spazz on that woman.

      "Then come check me. I will call the cops on you. I will press charges."

      "Lady-"

      I cut my aunt off. "Excuse me, you did not just say you're gonna call cops when YOU'RE the one who insulted us first."

      "I didn't insult you, young woman."

      "Yes, you did. Saying "you blacks" is an insult. You're not about to do that. If my aunt doesn't swing on you, I will."

      The teenage girl next to her looked concerned. "Okay. No need to get violent here guys. Mom, let's go. Our stop's here."

      They grabbed their things and left once the bus had stop. "Maneee, I was ready to record this." I heard a guy with a beered said "Worldstar!"

•••

      We finally made it to the house and let me tell you how tired I was. My aunt gave us each a room so I'm still glad for that. I ran to the fridge and it was empty. "Ughhh. I forgot we just came here."

      I plopped on the couch. "I'm tired."

      Ariana ran and lay on the other couch. "Tell me about it."

      Clarissa laughed. "I have to get my old job back so I will be back in a while. Make yourself at home. Make sure to fix your rooms. I left money on the kitchen counter to order some food."

      "Thanks, Mom." Ariana said and I thanked her too.

      She nodded her head. "We have neighbors, by the way. Go out and explore. Bye, kids."

      She closed the door behind her and I grabbed remote and turned on the TV.

      "Girlllll, did you see that cute boy next door?" She squealed.

I shook my head. "Naw. Why?"

      "What do you mean why? He looks like your age and he so damn fine. He got freckles and black hair." She came closer to me. "Maybe his the one."

      I rolled my eyes. "Ariana, we just got here. Calm down. I don't want little white boy. I already told you about me and relationships."

      "LiTtLe WhItE bOy." She mimicked me. "Shut up. That boy look like he seasoned."

      I laughed. "Well I didn't see him."

      She got out the couch. "I call it. He goes to the same school we'll go in."

      I turn my head at her and she was grabbing the money on the kitchen counter. "I don't care if he do."

      She rolled her eyes. "What do you wanna eat?"

      "Pizza and you know what kind I want. I want a whole box to myself, by the way. I haven't eaten for like two days."

If you don't love pizza then you're missing out. Especially pizza with Alfredo sauce. Shit be buss.

"You mean you haven't ate your whole life."

I ignored her. Not being in the mood to talk about that topic I asked her, "You wanna order or wanna go to a pizza place?"

She smiled. "Yeah. I know we just got here but I got the urge to get out of this house."

Ariana is the type to go out and hang with friends everyday. She loves going out and she's love to have fun. Me on the other hand I barley go out. But when I do, I go out in the library. No, I'm not boring. I like to have fun too. It's just I don't have the friends for that.

She walked out and I got out the couch following her. I seen her on her phone standing by the door. I scanned around. This place looked more cleaned than west palm. The last time i was here, I remember kids playing outside my parents house.

I remember my brother and I going out to the movies with his friends. He begged me to come. He was curious at how can I be popular at school when I barley even go out. The thing is I wanted real friends to hang with. The people I used to hang with was interested in the money I had.

Correction, the money my parents had.

"I texted my mom that we going out to buy pizza instead." Ariana interrupted my thoughts.

I nodded. "Do you remember where the pizza place was?"

She nodded. She started walking and I followed her. We were walking and I noticed some people starring at us. I rolled my eyes and continued walking.

After about 5 minutes, we reached the pizza place. I walked in behind Ariana. I looked around and the place haven't changed a bit. I look at Ariana. "You can go sit, I'll order."

"Okay. I want a veggie pizza." She walked towards a table.

I turned my head and looked at the menu above. I knew what I wanted. Pineapple and mushroom with Alfredo sauce pizza. It's so good. But it's unhealthy. Oh well, my skinny ass need some food anyway. I want to grow a little booty.

I waited in line. There was some kids that looked like my age walked in. I look at them and quickly turn my head. There was three of them. I knew Dove and Sofia. The other one I'm assuming he's new or he's been here when I left.

I used to go to school with Dove and Sofia. I remember hanging with them. And we were friends back then. They knew about Travis being my brother and everything. But after my parents death, I got distant. I didn't speak to anyone. I wasn't looking forward to talking to anyone right now.

"China? China is that you?"

I turn my head to look at the blonde in front of me. I pretended to smile. I wasn't in the mood for a discussion. I know I was a bad friend because I didn't reach out, but I went through some stuff. They could've at least called.

"Wassup." I said.

I looked at Sofia and she had guilt all over her face. "Chi, I'm sorry for not reaching out. You stopped talking to us and everything. And out of nowhere you moved away. But now you're back right?"

"It's fine." I lied straight through my teeth. "Yeah, I'm back."

Dove grabbed my hands. I was trying so hard not to let go. The nerve. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry about everything. I heard about your p-"

"Please stop. I don't wanna talk about this right now. You're bringing up old things." I took my hand away from her.

"But Chi-"

"Don't call me that either. I'm sorry that I didn't reach out and everything but we aren't friends anymore so don't call me that." I looked at the boy next to Sofia.

Sofia noticed me looking. "My apologies. This is Cameron. Cameron this is China. Our friend."

"Hey, Nice to meet ya."

I never seen him before. He had freckles and dark-brown hair that matches his eyes. He was attractive indeed. Making my heart race faster. I smiled at him and nodded. I couldn't think of any words to say so I turn around walking forward, making it my turn to order.

"Hi. Um, can I get a two large pizzas. One veggie and one with pineapple, mushrooms, and Alfredo sauce."

I looked at him and he looked like my age too. He had long black hair and dark-brown eyes. He himself was handsome too. I read his name tag. Booboo. What kind of name?

"You can sit and wait for your order." He smiled at me and I nodded.

I walked past Dove and her friends, and head towards the table Ariana was sitting in. She looked up at me as I sat across her.

"I seen you were talking to them." She says. "They your friends?"

"Used to hang with them."

"Why you walked past them like that then?" She raised her eyebrows.

"We kinda not friends anymore. We didn't reach out to each other." I turn to look at them and noticed they were looking. I quickly turn my head back.

"It's never too late to forgive each other. They look like they care about you a lot. They keep looking over here. I'm guessing your rude ass said something."

"I know. I need to stop that. I was just not in the mood to be honest. We'll make up one day. Just not right now."

She nodded. She looked over there. "That's the guy I was talking about. He's our neighbor. The one with the freckles. He is so damn fine."

I rolled my eyes. I wasn't gonna be distracted by anyone. I want to graduate and start a new life. I want me and Travis to be close again. It won't be long before I visit him. I miss him so much.

Ariana laughed. "I can see right through you, girl. Stop faking it. I know you think he's cute too."

I smirked and shrugged, putting a string of hair behind my ear and I put my elbow on the table, resting my hands on my face.

Maybe.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 139 34
*COMPLETED* a normal teenage girl moves from her entire life left behind good freinds but her life quickly changes when that one idiot steps on her p...
38.9K 1.2K 23
sunrise: 13/09/19 sunset: 21/10/19 WARNING: THE SECKS AND THE DRUGS ARE IN THIS BOOK. YOU HAVE OFFICIALLY BEEN WARNED THANK YOU. ENJOY.
111K 3.5K 39
"I'll be home soon baby." Cameron Boyce finds himself smitten with Ada, a girl brought in by his mother to escape poverty and abuse. He finds himself...