THE GILMORE GIRLS

By Bella22222227

A mother Lorelai Gilmore, twin sisters Rory Gilmore and Eva Gilmore. Rory is the all around good girl. Smart... More

Characters
S1 E1 : "Pilot" (Part 1)
S1 E1: "Pilot" (Part 2)
S1 E2: "The Gilmore's First Day at Chilton" (Part 1)
S1 E2 : "The Gilmores First Day at Chilton" (Part 2)
S1 E4 : "The Deer Hunters" (Part 1)
S1 E4 : "Deer Hunters" (Part 2)
S1 E5 : "Cinnamon's Wake" (Part 1)
S1 E5 : "Cinnamon's Wake" (Part 2)
S1 E6 : "Birthday Parties" (Part 1)
S1 E6 : "Birthday Parties" (Part 2)
S1 E7 : "Kiss and Tell" (Part 1)
S1 E7 : "Kiss and Tell" (Part 2)
S1 E8 : "Love & War & Snow" (Part 1)
S1 E8 : "Love & War & Snow" (Part 2)
S1 E9 : "The Dance" (Part 1)

S1 E3 : "Kill Me Now"

853 17 0
By Bella22222227

The week went by slowly, but it was finally over. I gave Tristan back his notes today, he offered that I kept them until he actually needed them back, which was super nice of him.

The girl named Brook, Rory and I found out was Paris' cousin, so apparently it just runs in the family.

Rory and I's week was better than the first day so we both are calling it progress. We are starting to get our schedules worked out and organized so that we will have more time with our friends and mom.

Monday was the last time I saw Justin, Katie and Josh. This week has just been so busy lately. Though I have talked on the phone with them, but it's just not the same.

Rory was able to squeeze Lane in for a couple of hours on Wednesday, but that's the last time Rory saw her as we were both back to study later.

Now, today is Friday and I have plans to go out with Justin tomorrow, but before I can do that I have to get by this awful Friday night dinner. Currently we are sitting in the dining room as we had just finished eating what grandma said was a cassoulet.

"Who's Mira?" Mom asked. "Our cook." Grandma answered looking at mom like she was insane. "I thought the cook was Heidi." Mom stated. Rory and I gave each other a knowing glance, knowing exactly where this was going.

"Oh no, we let Heidi go months ago. She had a problem closing things, the door, the refrigerator." Grandma started her list. "The liquor bottle." Grandpa added. I dazed out of this pointless conversation focusing on what Justin had said earlier on the phone.

"I can't wait to see you tomorrow." He said. I could tell he was smiling from the sound of his voice.

"Me too. It's been too long. Stupid school." I muttered the last bit, but with the phone right next to my mouth you could easily hear what I said.

"If this is what's going to make your dreams come true, then so be it. I just want to see you happy and I know Chilton will get you there." Justin has been so supportive this past week and my heart aches every time I had to deny going out with him this week.

"Plus I have a surprise for you tomorrow so hopefully that will boost your spirit." He informed me. "You have a surprise for me?" I questioned smiling.

"Yes I do." he confirmed. "What is it?" I asked. "In me telling you that would ruin the whole surprise." He chuckled on the other side. "Eh, I tried." I shrugged my shoulders and let out a laugh.

I wonder what the surprise could be, I mean he is already taking me out to a nice dinner, which he offered. Then we plan on getting some dessert, to me that already sounds like the best. My thoughts were interrupted when the cook came out with the dessert.

"Oh, the dinner was wonderful, Mira." Mom complimented her. "It's Sarah." She corrected. I slightly giggled to myself as mom apologized before she walked off. Then mom looked at Grandma in shock, "Mom her name is Sarah."

"I thought she said Mira." Grandma defended. "Hey, Grandma. These plates are really pretty." Rory started on a new topic.

"Thank you, Rory. They were your great grandmothers." She informed us. "Lorelai the first." Grandpa added. "I thought mom was the first." I joined in, with nothing better to do.

"Not in the name." Grandma said as grandpa shook his head. "No, but in so many other things. I was a trailblazer." She started, "Just finishing your thoughts, mom." She finished looking straight at grandma.

"Lorelai the first was my mother." Grandpa informed Rory and I as grandma gave mom a glare. "She was an extremely accomplished equestrian, a distinguished patron of the arts, and was also world-famous for her masquerade balls. She's quite a woman, my mother."

"Yes, she was." Grandma added, though not happily. "Mira, come cut the cake!" She called to the kitchen. "Yes, and why don't you bring Sarah with you!" Mom exclaimed before it became really quiet.

~~~

"So, girls how's Chilton?" Grandma asked. "We have to pick a team sport we want to play, though I already know what I want to do." I informed grandma. "It's a requirement." Rory sadly added.

"Physical fitness is as important as intellectual fitness. So says Plato, and so say I." Grandpa said look both at Rory and I.

"What sport are you going to pick?" Grandma questioned. "I've picked volleyball for the first part of the year and cheer for the second." I informed Grandma. "Well, that's quite a lot." She let on. "Eh, it's not that much." I shrugged off.

"Rory, how about you?" Grandma asked, switching over to look at Rory. "I'm not sure. I'm not really the athletic type." Rory answered.

"I told her she should go out for the debating team." Mom added, which was true. "It's not a sport." I commented giving mom a playful look.

"It is the way the Gilmores play." She came back and I had to give that to her. "So, what are your choices." Grandma asked Rory, wanting to get back to the subject.

"God, there's like a thousand of them." Rory said then started to think. "Well, there's basketball, lacrosse, swimming, track, golf," I was going to continue until grandma interrupted me. "Golf?" She questioned.

"Yeah." Rory confirmed. "Well, your grandfather is a golf player." Grandma said, looking over at Grandpa. "Oops." Mom let out.

"He plays every week at the club. He could teach you to play like a pro." She continued. "Emily." Grandpa started, but Grandma cut him off again, "He could take you Sunday. It's perfect!"

"It's not something you can teach in an afternoon." Grandpa was trying to get out of this. It was obvious he didn't want to teach Rory. "That's okay. Rory can pick something else. Like cheer, Eva could teach her that." Mom tried to change the subject. 

"No, no. She can learn golf and Richard could teach her. Plus, if Rory did want Eva's help then she would've asked earlier." Grandma persisted.

"You can use your mothers old golf clubs. They're upstairs gathering dust along with the rest of her potential." She added to Rory and I.

"Okay, mom. Could I maybe talk to you for a minute?" Mom asked Grandma with a knowing look. "We're having dessert." Grandma answered. "I know, but I'd like to talk to you, fast before the sugar sets in and makes me crazy." Mom said with a sweet sarcastic tone.   

"You are the oddest person." Grandma said before she got up from the table. "Yeah, too easy." She whispered to Rory and I before she exited the room with Grandma.

~~~

"Man, did you get blindsided?" I chucked and playfully shoved Rory the slightest. "I'm so sorry." Mom apologized. "That's okay." Rory said to mom after giving me a glare. Where I chose to give her an innocent smile.

"I tried to stop it. I swear." Mom spoke as we walked out of the Gilmore residence. "I know." Rory confirmed.

"Maybe it wouldn't be that bad. Maybe I'll like it." She tried to look on the better side. "Maybe you will." Mom and I added.

"Maybe you could come with me?" Rory asked looking at me. "Yeah, as much as I would love that. I have plans to hang out with Katie, Justin and Josh all weekend." I started off sarcastic.

"Please." She begged. "Rory, I love you. I'd take a bullet for you, but I haven't seen my boyfriend in what feels like a million years." I complained.

"Mom?" She asked hopefully. "Is there an 'I'm crazy' team cause they would make you captain." Mom answered. "I would rather stick something sharp in my ear then go clubbing with you." She added at the end.

"Fine." Rory sighed as we walked. "I'd rather slide down a banister of razor blades and land in a pool of alcohol than go to the club with you." She laughed as she continued making up things that she would rather do.

"I got it." Rory said with a smile before she hopped into the car. "I would rather eat my hand than go clubbing with you. Oh! I'd rather get my face surgically altered to look like that rich lady with the lion head than go to the club with you." She continued as we just sat in the car.

"Do you want me to drive so you can continue?" I asked mom. "Would you. Thanks." She said and handed me the keys. We each got up and switched seats as she continued.

"I'd rather cut off my head and use it as a punch bowl, than go to the club with you." I got to the front seat and started the car and took off for the long journey back home.

~~~

Today was finally Saturday. Justin and I were going to spend the whole day together. I was dressed in a white shirt and dark jeans with some beige heels. Currently sitting in Lukes waiting for my breakfast, which I had already ordered and Justin.

I had gotten here a little early, well actually really early. But I was just too excited to see him and to figure out what this surprise was. I got very little sleep last night, after Friday Night Dinner and the excitement it made falling asleep quite difficult.

"Here you go." Luke said as he put my breakfast in front of me. I would've waited for Justin before I ordered, but he was taking too long and I'm hungry. "Thanks Luke!" I happily thanked him, as he set it down.

"Are you alone today?" He asked as he leaned on the counter. "No, I'm meeting Justin here." I informed him. He immediately stood up straight.

"Is he late or something?" Luke questioned. "No, I just got here early. Relax." I slightly chuckled at him. "Right." He said before a lady in the corner called out for him.

I picked up my fork and started eating my pancakes. It was now just before 8, so Justin should get here at any time. I waited a few more minutes before two strong arms wrapped around my waist from behind.

"Hey you." He said as he kissed my cheek from behind. "Hey." I exclaimed as I turned around in his arms to give him a proper hug. I let out a deep breath as I rested my head on his shoulder, finally relaxed.

"I've missed you." He commented as he squeezed me tighter before loosening his grip to look at me. "I missed you too." I said as I looked at him. He smiled which made me smile too. "I see you already ordered." He said as he looked behind me.

"Yeah sorry about that. I was really hungry." I told him. He smiled and took a seat next to me. "Pancakes and a donut. Why am I not surprised." He chuckled to himself. "Because this is what I eat everyday." I giggled with him.

"And you're probably gonna get eggs, with bacon. Just like everyday." I said before taking another bit of my pancakes. "Well, you're not wrong." He replied.

"So how's school been going?" He asked. I let out another breath before answering, "It's a lot and hard. The people are still annoying, but it is slowly getting better."

"That's good. I'm glad that you were able to spare this weekend though. With how it's been going I didn't know if I was going to see you or not." He continued the conversation.

"Me too. I studied really hard Thursday and yesterday to try and make up for some hours." I told him.

"You know, we don't have to spend the whole day together. Just dinner would have been fine." He said as I looked at him. There was a slight guilt in his eyes.

"No, no. I really need to just relax for the day and spending time with you has already done that." I tried to convince him that it was fine.

"As long as you say so." He sounded a little questionable. "It sounds perfect to me." I confirmed as Luke walked over.

"What can I get you?" He asked Justin with a harsh tone. "Just some fried eggs and bacon, please." He replied with manners. "Coming up." Luke said and walked away.

"So how's school here?" I asked him instead. "It's going. Still having troubles in Science, but other than that pretty much the same. Except for being able to see your pretty face everyday." He answered. "That's good. And I can always help you with Science." I added.

"I know, you're just so busy and I know you need to study too." Justin replied. "So, I'm your girlfriend, I'll make room for you." I told him and he smiled.

"Thanks. I would appreciate that. But first you get your schedule down, okay?" He said. "Okay, then I will help you." I said and pointed at him.

"How early did you get here?" Justin questioned as he looked down at my plate, which now only had a donut on it. "Around 7:15." I spoke as I took a bite of the donut. "Why did you get here so early?" He asked, shock written all over his face.

"I couldn't sleep. Just really wanted to see you." I answered sweetly. "Still I feel bad, I would've come earlier if you called." He said as Luke brought him his food. "Thanks."

"I know I just didn't want to wake you if you were tired. I know football can be tiring." I said and finished my donut. "Hey Luke, can I get another cup of coffee?"

"No." He bluntly answered. "Oh come on Luke, please." I begged. "No." He said again his back facing us.

"How many cups have you had?" Justin asked. "Just two." I answer. "More like 4." Luke tattled. "Luke!" I exclaimed at the same time that Justin said, "Four!"

~~~

Justin and I are currently touring Stars Hollow, walking around, enjoying each other's company. After Lukes we headed out and met up with Katie and Josh. I never got that coffee by the way.

Katie was all over me. We ended up talking for two hours and now we are here. Our fingers were intertwined as we strolled through the peaceful town. "I missed days like this." I thought aloud. "Me too." He said with a smile and squeezed my hand.

"So, when is the surprise?" I asked, curious. "Soon, but after dinner." I answered. "But dinner is so far away." I fake complained. "It's already 5 and the reservations are at 6." He told me. "You had to make a reservation?" I questioned, surprise.

"Yes, I did." He confirmed. "Where are you taking me?" I asked, wondering how much this was going to cost him.

"You'll see when the time comes, but for now how about I take you home and you can get dressed into something more formal. Then I will come and pick you up." Justin offered. "Okay." I agreed not wanting to argue with him.

"Then lets get you home." He finished as we walked back to the house.

~~~

"MOM!" I yelled for her. "Mom are you home? Rory?" I continued yelling and when I got no response I gave up.

I had to get ready by myself. There is no way that I can get ready by myself in less than an hour. This is why I have a mom and sister to help me in times like this.

I quickly ran up the stairs to my room and opened the closet door and started searching for a nice dress. There was a blue dress that looked nice, but it just wasn't the right choice, so I kept looking. I finally found a light pink dress and some white heels.

I quickly changed into the dress and sat at my desk and grabbed my make-up. I had no time to completely re-do it so I did some touch ups and added some neutral and light pink eyeshadow to my eyes.

It was nearing 5:35 when I finished my hair. It was slightly curled. I really didn't have anytime to do anything more before I heard a knock on the front door. "Coming!" I yelled from upstairs. I hope he heard me.

I grabbed a little white clutch to put my lip gloss and mascara in as well as anything else I may need. Then headed downstairs and opened the door to see Justin standing there in black slacks and a collared shirt.

"Well, don't you look handsome." I smiled up at him. "And you look beautiful." He said slowly as he was eyeing me up and down.

I smiled knowing that I did a good job without mom and Rory's help. He scratched the back of his neck before asking, "Are you ready to go?"

"I'm ready." I said as I held up my clutch. "Come on." He said as he led me to his car. He and his older brother shared it, but he was able to get it tonight. He opened my door for me then went around to the drivers side and we got going to the restaurant.

~~~

"No way!" I laughed. "Yes! I'm serious!" He chuckled too, "Abigail and Tyler really were together!" He exclaimed.

"How long did that last?" I question, still not believing what I was hearing. "Like two days." He stated, taking another bite of the cheesecake that we were sharing. "I wish I could've seen it." I said as I copied his actions.

We arrived at the restaurant about 2 hours ago then got our table. At first we both didn't really know what to talk about, but once we started talking it was like we couldn't stop.

I missed just talking to someone. School has kept me so busy, I feel like I have no social life anymore. I really enjoyed just being in his presence.

As of right now we had finished dinner and were just about to finish our desert. Justin was kind enough to take me out to a proper formal restaurant and has been a gentleman this whole night. I really couldn't have asked for anyone better.

"I wish you were there too. It was pretty fun to watch unfold." He admitted. I took in a breath then let it out, "I know I've said this a million times, but I really do miss you. All of Stars Hollow really." "Yeah," He agreed, "I can for sure tell you that we've missed you too." He smiled.

"Do you want the last piece?" I asked as I gestured to the cheesecake. "Nah, you can take it." He told me as he put down his fork. I immediately took my fork and ate the last bit. He gave me a wink then waved down our waiter to get the check.

The waiter came back and handed Justin the check. I pulled out my purse in hopes of at least paying for my half, but as soon as he saw he said, "I got this." Before putting some cash in the envelope and giving it back to the waiter.

"Alright, you ready?" Justin asked as he got up from his chair and put his jacket on. "Yep." I answered as I also got up from my chair. Once I put on my jacket we walked out of the restaurant and  made our way to his car.

~~~

"Tonight was a lot of fun. Thank you." I thanked him as we stood outside the front door. "Wouldn't have been as much fun without you. Thanks for squeezing me in." He joked as he moved a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Of course." I smiled. "One last thing," Justin started before he took out a jewelry box. My smile grew even wider as he put the box in my hands. "It's just a little something so you can remember me when your at Chilton." Justin finished.

I was utterly speechless as I opened the jewelry box to find a simple rose gold bracelet with the letter E and J engraved with a heart.

"Justin, I" I couldn't even finish my sentence. "It's beautiful." I finally said as I looked up at him. His smile seemed to just get bigger as he said, "Here, let me." then took the bracelet and latched it around my wrist.

"Thank you." I smile up at him. "You're welcome." He smiled back.

It was like time had stood still as we stared into each other's eyes. His green ones looking into my blue. I noticed that he had little specks of gold mixed into his green. His eyes really were something. I watched as they flickered down just slightly before coming right back up.

I followed suit thinking the exact same thing. I really want to kiss him.

So I did.

I stood on my tip-toes as I gently pressed my lips to his. He smiled as he kissed back and wrapped his arms around my waist. My arms laid on his chest as we continued the soft, yet passionate kiss.

After a while, we pulled away out of breath. We rested out foreheads against each other while we caught our breath.

"I really like you Evelyn Gilmore." He whispered. "I really like you too Justin Rowan." I replied.

We stayed like that for a couple more seconds before he spoke up. "I should probably get going."

"Yeah, it's getting pretty late." I agreed. "I'll see you soon though?" He questioned. "As soon as I can squeeze you in again." I played.

"Sounds good." He smirked before giving me a quick kiss then hopping down the steps, leaving me on the porch.

I watched as he got in his car and drove away before I headed in myself. The last thing I thought about when I went to sleep was, 'I just kissed Justin Rowan.'

~~~

Today was a crazy day for mom. The wedding that mom has helped plan is happening today and the Inn and I know that she would want some help, so Rory and I decided to head over to help.

Currently, we were sat watching and making sure everyone signed the book that said they were here. Rory on the other hand looked out of it, kinda sad even, but mom quickly came over and started talking to us.

"Hey strangers." She said as she sat down on the chair next to Rory. "Hey." We said back. "Good turn out?" She questioned looking at the book. "Yep!" I exclaimed. "Does anyone want something to drink?" She asked.

"Are you trying to make up?" Rory questioned. Now, at this point I was more or less eavesdropping trying to understand whatever I missed yesterday. "No, I'm trying to hydrate you." Mom sarcastically responded.

"I'm fine thanks." Rory answered, then mom looked at me. "Oh, no. I'm good." I replied. She gave me a slight smile and sighed, "I'm sorry." She apologized looking over at Rory. "It's okay." Rory seemed very happy with her apology.

"A crazy, evil spirit obsessed with bra size took over my body." She started to ramble. I slightly giggled at the bra size statement. "It happens." Rory understood.

I'm glad this little affair is solving itself a lot faster than the Chilton thing

"She's gone now." Mom stated. "Good to know." Rory smiled at mom. It looked like mom was going to say more, but a grandmother started to fuss over her grandchild's dress.

"I did not pay $500 for this dress so you could run around and mess it up. Now you sit and be still. Cross your legs, you're a lady." She instructed the child then walked away.

"God, I must have had a million dresses like that when I was a kid." Mom commented on the scene.

"Doesn't really scream 'you'." I pointed out. "No, I did all the screaming." Mom said, recalling all those memories. I slightly giggled.

Rory looked down then back up at mom, "Thank you for not putting me in a dress like that."

"You're welcome." Mom replied with a warm smile. "Of course wearing those dresses-- not all bad." Mom started.

"No?" I questioned. "Ohh, no. They really fly up when you twirl around. And if you're wearing that ruffled underwear--big crowd pleaser." Rory and I chuckled at her last statement, not wanting to imagine that.

"If it makes you feel better, I think I got a fungus from the steam room." Rory admitted.

"Ew, remind me to never go in a steam room." I looked at her disgustedly. Mom chuckled before looking at Rory, "It does, thank you."

Rory didn't say anything else, instead just gave mom a side hug. I smiled before I joined into the hug as well. We stayed like that and watched as the people from the wedding danced and had a good time.

~~~

(A/N)
I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while, but I really want to start this book back up again and with summer coming up hopefully I will have more time to do so. I hope you like it.

Love you lots xxx
Bella
May 12, 2021

Word Count 4260

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 44 4
Annabel Lee Gilmore was doing just fine living her normal, bland life in Stars Hollows with her twin sister, Rory, their mom, Lorelai, her best frien...
610K 13.9K 132
Heather Gilmore is Rory Gilmore's twin sister, who is one of Stars Hollow's most loved along with her sister. She finds herself intrigued by the new...
88.4K 1.9K 35
Christina Emily Gilmore is the twin sister of Rory Gilmore. Attending Chilton with her sister she works hard to succeed. Like her mother she has an a...
2.3K 58 16
We've all seen the show. And we all love Rory and Lorelai's mother and daughter relationship. But what if Rory had a similar relationship with someon...