complicated || sandlot [COMPL...

By adorableobrien

in which a girl and a boy have a complicated relationship [RODRIGUEZ X OC] [ADORABLEOBRIEN 2014] started: lat... More

disclaimer
one
three
Chapter 4 ✔
A/N ✔
A/N IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ✔
Chapter 5 ✔
hey guys -not an update- ✔
Chapter 6 ✔
Chapter 7 ✔
a/n ✔
Another Author's Note ✔
Chapter 8 ✔
Chapter 9
A/N
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
A/N
Chapter 13
Thank You Guys
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Wattpad Sucks
~Not An Update~
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Not an Update
Writers Block
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Please Read
Stupid Wattpad
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Name Change?
Chapter 31
Sorry!
Sorry Guys... please read
18.7k reads
Please Read
Chapter 32
Epilogue
New Story

two

26K 348 575
By adorableobrien

We were heading to the sandlot early since it was the weekend. I knocked on Benny's door to get him. When he opened the door, he announced he was going to invite the new kid.

"Why? He can't even catch it Benny." I asked. Benny sighed, then said:

"Because he makes a whole team." I looked to the ground, silent. We said nothing while crossing the street to the boy's house. He was sitting on his porch, staring down at a baseball glove.

"Hey, were gonna go play some ball and we need an extra guy. Wanna go?" Benny asked the boy.

"Come on, Benny" I said, grabbing his hand and attempting to lead him away.

"Na, thanks." the boy said, only glancing up at us.

"Why not? Don't you like baseball?" Benny asked.

"Oh yeah but, uh..." I sighed again. We were getting nowhere with the boy, but Benny wouldn't give up.

"But what?'' Benny asked.

"But my glove... it's busted" the kid said, holding up a glove that was ripped. "See I-I can't go. Thanks though."

I nodded. "Okay, we tried. Sorry to waste your time. Let's go, Benny."

"It's okay, I got an extra one," Benny said, grabbing a glove out of his back jeans pocket. "Come on, let's go."

The kid threw his old glove into his house and yelled to his mom. "Mom I gonna go play some ball. I'll be back in a little while."

We came around he corner of the store where we met up everyday to see Ham attempting to say something, but he had something in his mouth.

"What?'' Everybody asked. Ham said it again and everyone replied the same as they did before. He took whatever it was out of his mouth.

"I'm the Great Bambino" Ham said annoyed.

"Oh," everybody held out in unison.

"Who's that?" The boy asked. I looked at Benny who was shaking his head.

"Really?" I asked him in a whisper, but he didn't respond.

"What did he say?" Ham asked, almost offended.

"What, were you born in a barn, man?" Weeks asked.

"Yeah yeah, what planet are you from?" Yeah Yeah asked.

"You never heard of the Sultan of Swat?" Squints asked.

"The Titan of Terror?" Kenny said.

"The Colossal of Clout?" Timmy said. Tommy repeated Timmy as usual.

"The King of Crash, man." Benny stated.

"Oh, yeah, the Great Bambino." he said. "I thought you said the Great Bambi."

"That wimpy deer?'' Ham asked.

"Yeah, I guess. Sorry" he shrugged. I shook my head in disappointment and embarrassment.

"Anyway, Scott, this is Timmy and Tommy Timmins,'' Benny told Scott. They spit when he introduced them.

"Ewe," I said.

"Mike Squints Palledorous," at that, Squints spit as well.

"Alan McLennan, we call him Yeah Yeah,'' Yeah Yeah followed Squints' actions.

"Bertram Grover Weeks," I didn't understand why they kept spitting.

"Kenny DeNunez," Right on que, he spit.

"Hamilton Porter, we call him Ham," Again, spitting.

"Guys, this is Scott Smalls," Benny said, then Squints spit again.

"Really?" I asked tring to sound annoyed.

"Yeah, um, well, he's gonna play with us because he makes nine. So now we got a whole team." Benny said. "C'mon, guys. We're wasting time. Let's get to the sandlot,"

"It's 9:30 in the morning." somebody complained. Everyone pushed Smalls as they walked past him.

They all complained on the way to the sandlot. "Why did you have to bring him?'' Weeks asked.

"Because there's 8 of us and he makes 9." Benny replied.

"Yeah yeah, so does my sister but I didn't bring her," Yeah Yeah commented.

"Shut up, Yeah Yeah." I said.

"He can't throw, Benny, man." Bertram said.

"Doesn't matter if he can't throw. Now I get to rotate 8 positions instead of 7. Guys, I need the practice." Benny said.

"You don't need to practice, you're the best on the team," Yeah Yeah complained.

"Yeah, Benny man. The best on the team." Kenny said.

"No." someone else complained.

"Hey, guys. Give him a chance," I said.

"Face it, man. The kid is an L7 weenie," Squints said raising his hands, making a square with them.

"Yeah yeah, Oscar Myer even, foot long, a weenie!" Yeah Yeah said, as everyone except for Benny and me started laughing. Although I have to admit it was very hard for me not to laugh.

"What are you laughing at, Yeah Yeah? You run like a duck." Benny said. Everyone, even me, started laughing, and I could have sworn I saw Benny smirk a little bit.

"Yeah yeah, but I'm... I'm, " Yeah Yeah started to say, but Benny cut him off.

"Part of the team right?'' Benny asked.

"Well, yeah." Yeah Yeah said.

"Then why can't he be?" I asked. I looked over at Benny who let out a small smile. I returned the smile.

"Because he's a geek. He can't play," Squints said.

"And you're not?" I said sarcastically. He ignored my comment.

"Base up you block heads," Benny said through a breath while walking away. I followed him and everyone got to their position.

Benny hit some, then told Smalls to throw the ball to 2nd. He hit the ball, and Smalls tried to catch it, but ended up falling backwards. Everyone sighed, and Benny started to run towards Smalls. I followed.

"Thanks for bringing me but, uh... I think I better go" Smalls said once we were standing in front of him.

Benny rolled his eyes before saying, "Man you think too much." Smalls turned around. "I bet you get straight A's and shit, huh?'' Benny asked.

"Well, I got a B once. Actually, it was an A-minus. But, it shoulda been a B." Smalls said. Benny rolled his eyes and laughed.

"Man this is baseball. You gotta quit thinkin'." Benny said.

"H-how do I do that?'' Smalls asked.

"You ever had a paper route?'' Benny asked Smalls.

"I helped a guy once," Smalls replied.

"Chuck it like you would throw a paper. When you get here just let go, just let go." Benny told Smalls, giving him a visual.

"H-how do I catch it?'' Smalls questioned.

"Just stick your glove out in the air. I'll take care of it." he assured Smalls. Benny looked quickly at me then sighed and ran to home plate. I followed him.

"Its about time Benny, my clothes are going outta style." Squints complained.

"They already are Squints," Yeah Yeah commented.

''Shut up," he said back. Everyone else  ignored it. I looked at Benny. He tossed the ball up and hit it while Smalls held his glove up. The ball went in his glove. Everyone cheered and Benny shouted 'yeah'. Smalls then threw the ball back, and made it to Bertram's mitt.

"He's alright," Squints said, shrugging his shoulders.

"Alright let's play some ball!" Bertram said cheerfully, and we all went on playing.

When we were walking down the road, after we left the sandlot, that Ham, Benny, Smalls, and I lived on, Ham and Smalls were talking about baseball.  Benny was listening to their conversation, while I was awkwardly walking alongside Benny. I guess I was kind of staring at him because he asked what I was looking at.

"Oh, um...nothing." I said. He smirked and I felt my cheeks turn red.

Goodness he was cute when he smiled- wait, what? I don't like him, do I? I completely spaced out Ham and Smalls left.

"So.." Benny started.

"So..." I said.

"Um... do you maybe wanna come over and study or something?" Benny asked.

"Sure" I said.

We walked into his house and to his room. I have been to his room before so I know what its like. He has everything baseball.

"So um... what do you want to do?" He asked me.

"Um... I still got math to do," I said.

"Alright." He told me. After we were done I went home and fell asleep.

A/N: sorry this chapter sucks it will get better... oh and I'm pretty sure I missed some things but I was a little distracted because I was watching Teen Wolf...so sorry again if I missed some things. :-)

Update: 6/1/16

Idek how the people who read this before I edited it read it. It sucked so bad, oml. Like was punctuation not a thing back then? Omg like I'm so sorry that so many people had to suffer...

Update: sept. 17, 2017

Ew even after I 'edited' this, it was still trash? I made it better, hopefully. Also, this idea is complete trash how do you even read this? Ew ew ew

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.1K 282 15
Right Field //Benny Rodriguez x Reader// (REWRITTEN) This story contains all of the elements of my first Benny x reader story, just rewritten way be...
35.4K 614 23
dylan miller is the new kid in town. she was taught how to play ball by her parents at a young age and the young girl had a natural talent. life was...
1.6M 29K 40
❝You like my sister?❞ ❝Nah, man. I don't have time for girls, you know? Baseball is my life, that's really all that matters to me at the moment.❞ ▂▂▂...
63.2K 911 27
Y/n had been a cheerleader on the tigers team since her brother had been a player. She has always wanted to be a player herself but always got told '...