The Meaning Behind Her Scythe...

By -ShyOne15-

This is currently under heavy editing! Facilities, doctors, fear, a broken family, bullies, enemies. That's a... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: A New Beginning
Chapter 3: Café Reunion
Chapter 4: Training Day
Chapter 5: Training Day Part 2
Chapter 6: Surprise
Chapter 7: Reliving The Past
Chapter 8: Girl Behind The Mask Part 1
Chapter 9: Girl Behind The Mask Part 2
Chapter 10: Sweet 16 (Part 1)
Chapter 11: Sweet 16 (Part 2)
Chapter 12: The Interruption
Chapter 13: What Am I Thinking?
Chapter 14: N-No...It Can't Be...
Chapter 15: What Am I Supposed To Do Now?
Chapter 16: A Trip Down Memory Lane
Chapter 17: Under The Stars
Chapter 18: Golden Hour On Cherry Avenue
Chapter 19: Despair
Chapter 20: Anger
Chapter 21: Patience

Chapter 2: Secrets

172 23 4
By -ShyOne15-

"So, what is the reason you called me for?"

I already knew what she called me for, I just needed to try and play it off.

"I need to have a chat with you."

"Yes?"

"What is your background, I know that you have multiple quirks. Powerful ones at that."

I gulped, I was breathing shakily at this point, not knowing what to do or say. For the first time in my life, I froze.

"I...I can't and most certainly will not say."

"Sweetie, I just wanna hear it from you. The principle, the school board and I already know who you are."

"Shhh! If...if they find me again I might not live to see another day this time!"

"Sweetie, you can tell me. I'm need to hear it from you so I know the best approach from here."

I was now slightly shaking, frozen from the fear, it was like everything was cold and dark. I got a flashback from 10 years ago. I was captured and taken to a laboratory to be an experiment. I was experimented on for ten years.

"Dear, are you okay?"

I hesitated, knowing what will happen to me, but I didn't care at this point.

"My name is Naoko Kasumi. The rest is for me to know and for everyone else to find out," I spat defensively.

"Sweetie, nobody's going to hurt you here. You're safe."

"We both know that's not true."

"Honey, take my advice. The more people that know, the more people will protect you."

"I'll think about it. But there's no guarantee I'll come close to anyone here," I said in a more serious tone. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to eat lunch."

"Of course, Miss Kasumi." Ms. Midnight bowed gracefully as she excused me.

"Just call me Naoko."

"Okay."

"Have a good day, Ms. Midnight."

"You too, Naoko."

At this time, I almost regretted going to UA High.

'How much do they know? What's going to happen next? Am I actually going to let myself spill what I've hidden ever since my escape?'

Slowly walking towards the rooftop, I pondered my decisions, it feels like I'm in a movie at this point.

'Heh, I can't believe myself.'

'I can't believe you either.'

'Shut up.'

I opened the door to the rooftop, trying to find an empty, quiet place to think. I thought I had found a quiet, empty place by one of the AC systems until I saw Adi, my best friend since 8th grade. We greeted each other warmly and started catching up, knowing that it's been far too long since we've spoken. I invited her over to my dorm later that evening for a sleep over and she happily agreed. I smiled softly as we ate lunch together in a comfortable silence. Later that evening, after school, Adi informed me that she would be paying a visit to her parents before coming over and I understood.

I changed into my pajamas and set up a large fort before going on my laptop and watching YouTube. I stood up and got a small snack and a Coke since I forgot to do so earlier and continued watching YouTube. A few hours later, I heard a knock on my door and got up to open it. I smiled with my glistening white teeth and let my sharp canines show as I saw it was Adi, already dressed in her pajamas with a blanket and plushie in her hand. I invited her inside and we both squealed as we hugged. I offered her tea and she accepted. As soon as Adriana sat down, I asked her a question.

"Hey, Adi, there's something I need your  advice on," I spoke slowly while serving Adi her popcorn.

"What's up?"

"Well, earlier in class Ms. Midnight helped us choose our hero names. She called me after class and asked me about my background."

"What did you say?"

"I said what needed to be said. I said that the others find out in time," I mumbled as I poured her some piping hot tea.

"Well, at least you didn't tell her much," Adi took a sip.

"Yeah, but she wants me to tell the class everything. She said that the principle, school board and her already know what I've been through, who I am, my quirks, everything. She said: 'The more people that know, the more people will protect you.'"

"Well, I mean, I see her point. Any good person would want to protect you for your sake and for the sake of life and death. Then again, it's also very risky. There could be a mole, and they could possibly tell the government or the League of Villains."

"What are you implying I should do?"

"Here's what I think you should do; wait until we have training and experience being a hero. Just use your Umbrakinesis or Astrakinesis. If anybody doubts it or gets suspicious, just deny it and say you have only one quirk. People are bound to leave you alone if you just keep denying. Just give them a short, simple answer."

"But what if I'm forced to reveal myself and I can't hide it? I was bullied before because they found out. I had to move because of it."

"Yeah, but at UA it doesn't matter how powerful you are. UA is a place where people go to learn how to be a pro hero. And besides, so what if people look at you differently? We have each other, we've had each other's backs since middle school. Don't give up on me now."

"Okay. I'll follow through with your plan. I'll give it a shot."

"That's my girl! Now let's have some fun! Let Girls Night begin!"

I chuckled at Adi's reaction. Playing the movie, I continued sipping my tea while eating my popcorn with my best friend. What more could I ask for? There couldn't be a more perfect moment then hanging out with my bestie. After a couple of hours, I finished my tea and popcorn and was ready to sleep. The movie ended and I closed my laptop. I picked Adi up and covered her with my blankets as I set her down in my bed.

"Goodnight," I whispered as I lay her down.

I opened my window, admiring the moon and stars. I climbed out of the window and I let myself fall. As I fell from the high building, I suddenly soared through the sky. It was such a beautiful view. After taking in the beautiful night sky I decided to fly to the roof. When I landed I could feel the wind from my wings against my face. I had laid down facing the night sky, retracting my wings and feeling the dewdrops of the night drop one by one on my body. I almost fell asleep until I felt a presence watching me. I stood up, not daring to look behind me.

"Who's there?" I said with my head slightly churned, eyes wide.

"It's not safe for a lady to be up here. Particularly at night," Hawks replied.

"Ah, nice to see you too. Hawks correct?"

"Yes, Miss," I could practically hear him winking.

"Don't flirt with me. You're a playboy, I can hear it in your voice. I can even see it from your body language. I don't go for playboys," I grumbled in a low, but serious tone.

"Can't promise that. What should I call you?" He chuckled.

"Just call me Naoko. If you wanna flirt, go flirt with your toys."

"Ouch, that hurt, nugget."

"Excuse me?" I retorted.

"What? Do you not like that nickname? I can call you something else if you like," Hawks said as he drawled his voice and looked me up and down.

"Ew, get away from me, perv. It's like a second Mineta except you're taller."

"Alright then. So, what are you doing here?"

"What I do is not your business."

"It's not safe for a lady to be out this time of night. You could get hurt."

"I don't give two shits about what's safe or not. You know, I somewhat expected you to flirt some more now that you're the second Mineta."

"I mean, If that's what you want."

"Don't."

"..."

"Okay, instead of sitting in complete silence, ima just go."

"I'll walk you to your dorm."

"Ha, no. I'll be fine."

"I will not take no for an answer."

"In that case..."

I rushed Hawks was and grabbed him by the collar of his shirt. I shoved him against the entrance of the rooftop, grabbing his attention.

"You tell anybody, and I mean anybody about this and you'll be 6 feet under before you can say 'oops'." I hissed while lifting Hawks into the air.

"Kinky~," He drawled in my ear.

"I mean it," I growled with annoyance.

"You know, you're pretty cute when you're angry."

"I've been told that before, sorry to burst your bubble, but it's not gonna happen."

I let him go and walked towards the edge of the building. Looking back at Hawks, I said:

"Can you keep secrets?"

Hawks slowly and cautiously nodded his head.

"Alright then."

He looked at me in awe as he saw my black halo, horns, tail, and wings slowly flicker into existence, then disappear.

I held my index finger up to my plump lips, motioning him to stay quiet. Suddenly, I snapped my fingers and I disappeared.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88.3K 2.7K 65
You were once a wolf-pup living in a Junkyard; alongside your trusted raccoon friend Kenai. Things weren't always this way. Alas that's just how your...
4.1K 191 35
"𝙇𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙞𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙖𝙨𝙠𝙚𝙙 𝙄 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙'𝙫𝙚 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙣 𝙖𝙣 𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙧𝙚 𝙥𝙤𝙣𝙘𝙝𝙤 𝙤𝙛 𝘼𝙞𝙧𝙏𝙖𝙜𝙨..." Kathryn Smith, not e...
2M 68.3K 68
!!Completed!! After being held captive for months by the league of villains, you manage to escape and make it to UA high school. harboring secrets an...
23.5K 503 21
Shoto Todoroki has been a fiery but reasonable kid, never afraid to lash out when someone insults him, aiming to become a true hero, unlike his fathe...