Making the Worst of a Good Si...

By 14tali

Sheilah has always been close to her family. She's working as a blackjack dealer at a casino until she can pa... More

Making the Worst of a Good Situation
Just to let you know
Chapter 2
Date Night
Interogation Room (again)
Chapter 6
Paige's Story
Independence Day
Vacation
Surprise?
Chapter 11
You're Killing Me
Tonight's the night
Chapter 14
After the Hurricane
I'm Late?
No Smoking
Crash and Burn
Moving in Reverse
It's a....
You Need a Shower
This Baby Shower Sucks
Here's the baby!
Homecoming
Alone
Lost
Chapter 27
The Mission
Chapter 29
Glasshouse

Chapter 4

1.3K 38 1
By 14tali

"I changed the music" I heard Paige admit.

"Damn girl. Fine and smart. You really got the party started. I think I'll call you... Paige? Right?" Paige nodded happily and looked at me and mouthed "Thank you."

Chase and I burst out laughing like fools before we started dancing again.

Chapter 4

"Hey I just met you, And this is crazy, But here's my number, So ca-"

"Paige! Turn that damn alarm off!" I screamed. My head was throbbing and my whole body ached. I groaned loudly when the music continued. 

"Stop winning baby." Paige demanded as she turned off that God awful alarm.

"Why do I fell like shit" I whispered. But Paige heard me.

"You have a hangover. You don't remember?" Paige said opening the blinds letting in the horrid sunlight. I hissed and she closed them.

"Fine, vampire. I'm going to school" I heard her said as her heels clicked out of the door." Who's gonna take care of me?

I fell asleep before I could ask her.

When I woke up I still felt terrible. I rolled over and-

THUD!

I hit the floor?

"Why am I on the sofa and not my bed!" I screamed furiously. I tried to get up and-

BANG!

I hit my head on the coffee table. Fuming I started screaming and winning but no one was here to answer my cries.

I jumped when I heard the blender start in the kitchen. Someone's in the house. My heart started beating out of my chest. I ran into my bedroom and grabbed my gun. I heard footsteps advancing in my direction. Soon they were right in my doorway. 

I spun around and aimed my gun at-

"Chase?" I said confused as he stood in front of me shirtless, goregous, and terrified with his hands in the air.

"What are you doing here? Where's your shirt?" I demanded answers.

"Can you put the gun down and then interrogate me please" Chase asked looking at me like I was a rabid animal that might attack.

"Oh" I said as I put the gun back in the closet. "Sorry, I didn't know you were here" I said and as soon as I did my body lost it's adrenaline rush and the soreness came back over my body. 

I buckled under the pain. Luckily Chase stopped me from hitting the floor.

"Come on" he said guiding my body to the sofa.

When I was seated he went into the kitchen and came out with a glass full of some odd purple liquid and shoved it towards my mouth.

"Drink" he demanded.

"What is this?" I asked.

"The cure to your hangover. It's an old Seminole recipe. And it's good for you"

I would have rejected the drink but I felt terrible and I'd do anything to feel better.

I slowly sipped the beverage.

"Wow it's actually good." I said surprised as I sipped happily. "Now why are you here? Shirtless?" I asked.

"Don't you remember what happened last night?" He asked.

I shook my head enjoying my drink as Chase sighed.

"The last thing I remember was us dancing. What happened?" I asked

"Well we danced and you had some more drinks at the bar so I was driving you home and when we got here..." Chase trailed off blushing.

"Tell me" I demanded afraid of what he might say.

"You... ripped my shirt off and tried to drag me to your bed" he said with his head bowed.

"Oh Lord just take me now" I accidently said out loud "Did we?" I asked not wanting to finish my sentence.

"No." Chase said quickly as his head popped up and I could see exactly how red his face was. "You passed out o the sofa and Paige told me to leave you so I slept in the chair to make sure you were alright."

This would've been the sweetest thing I've ever heard if I wasn't so ashamed.

"I'm so so sorry Chase." I said feeling foolish.

"It's ok. Let's just forget it ever happened" he said seeing the worry in my face.

"Please" I said relieved

 An awkward silence fell. I silently sat there with my drink in hand. I looked over at Chase and smiled at his warm brown eyes, his white bright, his big strong pecks, his toned muscular arms, his perfect washboard abs. Oh God how long have I been staring at him? I thought practically drooling.

I looked back at his face. I could tell by the way he was suppressing his smile that he noticed me checking him out.

"Work out a lot huh?" I asked.

"Yea the gym at the hotel is amazing." he stated. The silence fell again. 

I went to take a sip of my drink when I realized it was gone.

"Was it good?" Chase asked.

"Delicious actually. And My heads feels a lot better" I said.

"Great" Chase said hoping off of the sofa. "Get dressed and let's go."

"Where?" I asked.

"To the gym"

"Oh thanks but I'm good." I said walking away.

"We're going" Chase said sternly "It'll help with your soreness"

"No I'm not" I said slowly so he could understand

"Ok" Chase said picking up the phone and dialing a number

"Who are you calling?" I asked

"Hey Paige." 

"Paige?" I said perplexed.

"Yea she won't go." he paused and handed me the phone.

"Um... Paige."

"Sheilah. Go with him" Paige demanded.

"But he-"

"I don't wanna hear it. If you don't go I'll make your life a living hell." Paige hissed through the phone.

I knew she was serious and she definitely would. I sighed and hung up.

I looked up at Chase with my biggest puppy dog eyes. No affect. I dragged myself into my room to get dressed.

I've never been to the gym at the hotel. I've seen all of the women pass through the casino to get there though. They looked like they came straight out of a health brochure with their name brand work out outfits. They all had long high ponytails. And I stuck out like a sore thumb.

I didn't have any designer workout clothes, only oversized gray sweats and a fluffy afro. Every woman that walked in managed to do a double-take when they saw me and whisper God knows what.

"I'm going to change. I'll be right back" Chase said too enthusiastically as he walked towards the locker room.

I guess I'll do something while he's gone. I hopped on a rowing machine. I grabbed the handles and tried to pull. No luck. I kept trying but the machine would  budge.

"Put your elbows up like this" I felt Chase's hands pull my arms up. "Good now" he pressed his firm chest against my back "Push and pull" he said with his hands guiding mine. Our bodies were extremely close.

"Ahem" Chase and I both looked up. It was Chase's father.

"Come with me" he demanded.

"Look dad jus-" And just like that Chase was being dragged away by a flock of guards. I sat there with my mouth hanging open.

I looked at Chase's dad shocked. He gave a demand before I could speak.

"Get the girl too" he said as he walked away.

"What?" I said before I was dragged off by another flock of guards.

(A/N hey :) thanks for reading. I'll update again soon. Probably this weekend. Don't forget to vote and comment your questions, comments, etc.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10K 914 29
Parvati yearned to become a mother. Her strong desire to give birth to a child of her own compelled her to make an astonishing request from Suyash. H...
5K 231 26
Drums...fire...blood... and guns... A race for your life...in a time long since forgotten. The Great Plains of the United States of America were a ri...
13.5K 403 20
Stripper + mother Nairari is a single mother who works at the strip club to provide for her son and for herself. During weekends she's a stripper and...
8.5K 324 25
*PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE* Simone is another victim of the system who ran from foster home to foster home, due to the mistakes of her mother and fathe...