Will of a Hero ● Todobakudeku...

By Pandalion23

Being the daughter of the Number One Hero, (Y/n) Yagi had to learn how to overcome her fears at a young age... More

Prologue
{0}
{1}
{2}
{3}
{4}
{5}
{6}
{7}
{8}
{9}
{10}
{11}
{12}
{13}
{14}
{15}
{16}
{17}
{18}
{19}
{20}
{21}
{22}
{23}
{24}
{25}
{26}
{27}
{28}
{29}
{30}
{32}
{33}

{31}

2.2K 84 14
By Pandalion23

- - -

Once everyone was ready, we all met outside the building, you adjusted the glove on your right hand, the support team had fixed it after your training, changing the material but keeping the original design.

You balled up your fist and opened it, it was light and felt decently stronger, you wrapped your scarf around your neck, then walking over to the benches. You glanced upwards as you found that Shouto was already sitting on one of the benches, you came over with a smile.

"Shou-kun," you sat beside him, his back was to you, so he turned at your voice.

"Ah, (y/n)," he greeted, you hummed in response. "They fixed your costume." He gaze drifting to your glove.

You nodded, lifting it for him to see, "Yep! Good as new," you said. However, he hadn't torn his eyes from your fingers, he could still remember seeing how his own quirk had hurt you and he hated himself for it.

But, you had still forgiven him for it, he wasn't ready to forgive himself but he'd make the best of his feelings for now, he'd learn to let it go as long as you stayed by his side to remind him that you still wanted to be with him.

"I see, I'm glad," his voice was soft this time, peering past the glove to the scar that he knew still laid upon your forearm.

You laid your hand atop his, his eyes meeting yours in mild surprise, "Stop thinking about it, okay? Really, it's fine. I'm not as fragile as I look," you gave him a small smirk, before beaming brightly. "We are training to be heroes, aren't we?" Shouto's eyes dropped at that, he had forgotten how easily you could read him, that's always shocked him, he's been an open book to you for as long as he could remember. Nobody connected with him as strongly as you did.

"You should be thinking about the rescue training, we could work together, ya know," you suggested, "We've always worked great together," you played with his fingers, our gloved hand moving patterns across his palm.

Shouto's eyes soften, a tiny smile manifesting onto his face, "Yeah, we do."

You smile, humming, pleased. Before you turn at a stomping pace coming towards you both, you turn your head to see Katsuki walking over, or stomping over with steam comically leaving his flared nostrils. "Oi! Icyhot, didn't I tell you to keep away from her?!"

You sighed, crossing your legs as you settled your elbow on your knee's as you waited for the argument to come, Shouto blankly staring at the boy, though his brows furrowed, annoyed. "She's not property, Bakugo."

"I know that, bastard. But that doesn't mean you can hang around her alone!"

"You'd rather be a chaperone, Bakugo?"

"Whaa--?! Shaddup, ya bastard! Of course not!"

"You'd rather share her company with me, then?"

Katsuki paused at that, before his face went red, you weren't sure from fury or embarrassment. Flustered with balled up fists, he took your wrist, "Urgh! Just hand her over, Icyhot!"

You shook your head, before lifting to your feet as Katsuki pulled you from your spot and into his side as he glared, menacingly at Shouto, who's eyes narrowed at the boy, as if he was coming to a conclusion.

"You're a handful," you crossed your arm's over your chest.

"And you need to cover up, so we're even," Katsuki glared directly at the grape-headed boy that was drooling at you from behind, the moment he snarled at him, his head instantly turning the opposite way.

"Eh?" You blinked, looking over yourself, your costume wasn't that bad, considering. Momo's was definitely a little worrying, being that she was showing as much skin as she was allowed to at the moment. "What'd you mean? It's just skin tight, Is it that bad?"

Katsuki scoffed at the innocent question, "Its suggestive, I don't need anyone else coming up to you, ah, uh...Well, er, you--nevermind. Stop asking questions, will ya? You look fine!" He looked away from you, once again flustered.

You giggled, humored by his obvious embarrassment. You stood beside him, placing a hand along his shoulder, "Lighten up, I'm just teasing," you placed a hand on your hip, he rolled his eye's at you, pouting anyway, shaking his head.

Soon, everyone else came through the exit, standing amongst everyone else, everyone had decided to wear their costumes, except Izuku. Ochaco noticed and went up to question him about it, "You're not wearing your costume, Deku?"

Izuku chuckled nervously, " You saw what it looked like after the combat training, pretty much ruined. So I'm waiting for the support company to fix it."

That's when a shrill, loud whistle followed from Iida, who stood in front of the bus at the end of the lot. "Class 1-A! Gather around!" He instructed, "Form two lines by your student numbers in order to make boarding the bus go more smoothly!" He then continued to blow his whistle until everyone had begun following his instructions.

You sweatdropped. Iida's really going full throttle...

Once on the bus, Iida was filled with embarrassment having thought the bus was an older design, instead the space was a lot more open and didn't fit his instructed methods.

You ended up sitting next to Shouto, being that the number order had him next to Jirou, you took out your phone, recalling that your father was supposed to be one of the three Pro's meant to be supervising the training today. You texted him to remind him promptly about his promise to be in the class, being that he hadn't made it to the school before the bus had left was already saying something.

"Midoriya..." Tsuyu began to speak after the conversation dwindled between Mina amused banter and Iida's sulking.

Izuku flushed, his eyes going wide, not expecting to suddenly be brought up in conversation. "Um, yeah, Asui?"

"Call me, Tsu," She reminded.

He sheepishly nodded. "Right."

"Your quirk is alot like All Might's," she commented. Your eye's widening a fraction, however you only mentally chuckled. She's definitely perceptive...

Izuku instantly panicked, trying not to seem to noticeably anxious. "H-huh?! Oh, really? Uh--you think so?" He gradually began to turn away, his gaze flickering up to you as he began shaking, "But, I'm...uh.." you however gave him a small smile, angling your hand down a mental note to 'breathe'.

"Wait a sec, Tsu, All Might doesn't get hurt when he uses his quirk," Kirishima reminded her, "They just kinda look the same."

Izuku let out a relieved breath.

You then let yourself relax against Shouto, he didn't move from his silent stare out he window, only shifting his arm to lay around your shoulder as you turned your body to lay your back against his side and your head along his shoulder. Texting your father a quick reminder, you placed placed it back into a small pocketed section in your thigh high boot.

"But it's nice to have a simple augmenting-type quirk. You can do all types of flashy stuff!" Kirishima continued, before bringing up his left arm, "My hardening quirk is strong against others but unfortunately, It doesn't look like much," he admitted.

"I think it's really cool!" Izuku awed. "It's a quirk that can definitely pass as a pro's!"

"A Pro's, huh?" Kirishima studied his hardened arm, "But, you have to think about popularity as a hero, too, you know."

"My Navel Laser is pro-level in both flashiness and strength," Aoyama charmed.

Mina put a hand on his shoulder. "But, it's not that great if it gives you a stomach ache, sweetie." Aoyama struggles to not give her a dirty look at the comment, tensing up from his glimmering atmosphere.

Everyone else sweat drops at the comment, before Kirishima speak up once again, "Well, if we're talking about flashy and strong," he began, turning his head towards the other side of the bus, where you, bakugo, and Shouto sat. "It's gotta be Todoroki, Yagi and Bakugo, though, huh?"

Bakugo glancing over at the mention of his name before huffing as he looked away, Todoroki already blocking out everyone as he had closed his eyes to silence everything around him for a short while. You hummed lightly at the comment, waiting silently for the low vibrations of your father texting you back, of course in vain.

Tsuyu spoke up. "Bakugo's always mad, so he doesn't seem like he'll be popular, though." 

That made you laugh a bit while Katsuki quickly stood, his fist up and glaring down at the frog-quirk girl.

"What the hell did you say? You wanna fight!"

"See?" she pointed, point proven.

Kaminari then added, "We haven't known each other that long, so it's amazing that everyone knows his personality is crap steeped in sewage."

Bakugo was on the verge of blowing up, "What's with the vocabulary, bastard?! I'll kill you!" He roared, angrily.

You shook your head as the two continued to argue, mostly one sided as Katsuki spouted death threats, "Katsu, you should calm down before you blow us all up," you sighed, exasperated, the hot-headed gave Kaminari one last snarl before plopping back down into his seat, "Thank you," you absently said, sing-song like.

Kaminari chuckled. "I think I found out (y/n)'s second quirk."

You tapped at your phone, while a few others laughed.

Aizawa then ordered everyone to settle down. "Quiet! We're here."

"Yes sir!"

"It's Space Hero, Thirteen!" Izuku gasped in awe as everyone had gotten off the bus to stand in front of the space suited hero. "The gentlemanly hero who's rescued tons of people from disaster!"

Ochaco rejoiced. "Ah, I love thirteen!" She geeked out, while Izuku did the same.

Everyone gushed in awe of the Pro-Rescue-Hero, the hero clad in a puffed out, white space suit, removable caps across the fingers of the suit to keep her quirk in order. "Welcome everyone! I've been expecting you! Let's go inside without delay!"

"Looking forwards to working with you!" Everyone unionized.

Stepping into the facility, it was magnificently huge, especially high, it's ceiling was nauseatingly high up, a round dome that enclosed a large area that housed a multitude of situations. As Everyone looked around, mouths opening wide in disbelief of the scenery around them, it was incredible. "Wow, it looks like Universal Studios Japan!"

"A shipwreck," Thirteen began to list off the numerous situations she had constructed across the enclosure. "A landslide, a fire, a windstorm, etc--It's a training ground that I made with different types of accidents and disasters! I call it: Unforseen Simulation Joint! Or USJ for short!"

"Just like Universal Studios Japan..." Most of everyone thought.

You suddenly felt a light vibration against your thigh, reaching into your pocket just as Aizawa went to speak to Thirteen. You pulled out your phone, finding that your father had texted you, you opened the message before finding yourself unable to keep the frown off your face.

Dad: Unable to make it, early. I'll be a while before I can get to the class, I'll be sure to make it at the end! Sorry, sweetheart.

You sighed. Knowing that he had been overusing his quirk a lot lately lately, but he's been pushing himself too far, even with the medicine. Before texting back, just as your phones service flickered, your eye's narrowing at the glitch before sending your text off and putting your phone away.

Aizawa glanced at you as Thirteen finished telling him the news, sighing heavily. "That man is truly the height of irresponsibility."

Thirteen, in the middle of explaining her quirk. "My quirk: Black Hole. I'm sure you all know of it, being used to suck up everything around it."

"You've been able to use your quirk to save people from all kinds of disasters, right?"

"Yes, but it is a power that can just as easily kill," Thirteen revealed, everyone pausing at the reveal. "Some of you also have quirks like that, right?" She questioned. "In a superhuman society, personal quirks have been certified and stringently regulated. So, that doesn't seem to be a problem at first glance," she said, before adding on. "However, please do not forget, there are many quirks that can easily kill with one wrong step. With Aizawa's physical fitness test, you found out about the possibility of your own hidden powers, and with All Might's personal training, I think you experienced the danger of using those powers against others!"

She resumed. "This class is a fresh start. You shall learn to use your quirks to help save people's lives! You don't have these powers so you can harm others. I hope you leave here with the understanding that you have powers in order to help them."

You could practically feel the classes spirits brighten, the tone shifting, a new determination swelling within all of you.

"That is all! Thank you for listening!"

There was an instant cheer for her informative speech, everyone suddenly feeling ready to do better and give their all into the new training exercise. "That was wonderful!"

"Bravo! Bravo!"

You beamed brightly, you all were ready to face this training head on, Thirteen's speech brightening all of your spirits and a certain clarity erupted in the class.

Aizawa, finally stepped forwards, his hands in his pockets as you all settled down. "All right then, first--" he began, before pausing, there was a flicker of the lights that made everyone's gaze drift upwards. The lights shutting down, opting for the glass domes natural lighting to become more prominent, a surge of electricity quickly shutting down the system.

A light buzz from your phone, you took it out and you noticed the No service mark on the corner of your screen, your message to your father never sending, you put it away. Your eye's linking with Aizawa's for a moment and you knew he felt the same chill that crawled up your spine.

Then, the fountain in the middle of the lower floor, flickered with its spouting of water, eliciting everyone's attention, it stopped and paused again before restarting. However, soon, a dark swirl became apparent as it manifested from within the fountain, a dark purple portal that made your eye's widen in horror as your memory drifted.

No...

Aizawa turned, his eyes widening in utter disbelief and shock, his bloodshot, tired eye's becoming wide and alert as he spun around to see the villains slowly beginning to emerge from the portal. A pale hand reaching out from the middle and peeking through menacingly, Aizawa was quick to order everyone to stay together, his voice urgent and loud, unlike in class.

"Gather together and don't move!"

"Thirteen, protect the students!" Aizawa ordered the Pro.

Your attention never wavered from the portal, the familiar shadowed face of Kurogiri, emerging the dark pools of darkness, his yellow eyes stood out from him body. The same villain that had stolen you from your home as a child and almost robbed you of your life when that building fell on top of you. You grimaced ant the thought, a sharp glare in your eye's as many more villains began to climb through the portal.

"What's that?" Kirishima questioned, confused. "Is this like the entrance exam where the lessons already started?"

Everyone took a move forwards, maybe this was another exercise...

"Stay back!" Aizawa warned.

Everyone flinching at his stern voice. You jaw tightened as he put on his goggles, he knew a battle was about to start, "Those are villains."

The realization made everyone freeze, eyes widening in caution and horror.

Another large, monstrously threatening villain stepped out beside what must've been the leader, who raised are hand to halt the large creature. It was...horrifying, it's face seemed to be on the verge of splitting from its wide beak that formed a scary grin, it's brain partially exposed, and it was looking directly at you.

"The trespassing the other day was the work of these scumbags, after all, huh?" Aizawa thought aloud. You looked at him, you recalled seeing the gate a pile of what seemed to be ash before it was cleaned up and replaced, that must've been what he's talking about. So...the evacuation was truly a security threat to the school, a villain had actually managed to get inside.

"What? Villains? There's no way they could get into a hero school!"

Momo then came up to Thirteen. "What about the sensors, why aren't they going off?"

Thirteen turned slightly. "We have them, of course, but..." she had no explanation, because she's not sure who turned them off.

"Did they only appear here, or around the whole school?" Shouto questioned aloud, "Either way, if the sensors are not responding, that means they have someone with a Quirk that can do that."

Or someone inside that could do it for them.

"An isolated area separated from the main campus, during a time when a class is supposed to be here. They might be fools, but they're not dumb," Shouto spoke, "This surprise attack was carefully planned with some sort of goal in mind."

Everyone stiffening at the realization, a clarity brought forth as you all begin to wonder just what could that be. But, you had a pretty good guess, with the attack from earlier with the security system, the press and now this... You had no doubt they were after your father.

"Thirteen, start the evacuation." Aizawa walked forwards, his scarf elongating off his shoulders as he activated his quirk, "Try calling the school," he advised, stepping in front of his students, "These villains even had somehing to counteract the sensors! It's possible that someone with audio-wave type powers is interfering," he concluded. "Kaminari! You try contacting the school with your quirk, too."

"Yes, sir!" He followed his orders, his hand going to his radio ear piece, you imagined only static followed.

"What about you sensei! Will you fight by yourself?" Izuku asked, worriedly. "With that many, even if you can sense their quirks... Eraser Head's fighting style is capturing after erasing the enemies quirk. A frontal battle is..." Izuku paused, grim.

But, Aizawa wasn'tswayed. "You can't be a hero with just one trick."

Everyone quiet in surprise, your gaze couldn't seem to stray from Kurogiri but as you then looked to your teacher, Aizawa began to prepare for his battle, alone. "I'm leaving it to you, Thirteen."

You rushed forwards, before anyone could hold you back. "Sensei!" Aizawa turning to look at you, he could already tell what you wanted to ask him as you stopped in front of him.

"No, you know I can't," he shook his head. "And you know I won't."

"I can't just stand by!" Your eye's flashed, worried and vigilant, he knew about the accident years ago, but he didn't want to risk it. "I've encountered them before, I could help you, please."

Aizawa placed a hand on your shoulder, "Because you have, is why I need you to stay with everyone else. You know what's coming, and I have a feeling you're a prime target," your eye's widened at that but you couldn't find it very surprising, if Kurogiri was here, then you had no doubt you were a common interest to get to All Might. "So, for now, focus on getting everyone to safety."

You looked away, before glancing back at him, "fine," you said through your teeth.

Aizawa nodded, looking to Thirteen. "Go, now!" He ordered before jumping into the battle, he leaped high and held two sides of his scarf, falling downwards towards the villains, fast. He was quick to cancel out the quirks of the first few that encountered him, wrapping the ends of his capture weapon around them and lifting them into the air before slamming them back into the ground, their bodies connecting with a heavy thud.

Everyone began to evacuate, running back to the entrance, you turned as Izuku yelled for you, you ran to catch up, everyone beginning to run for entrance, it was much farther than everyone thought because you were all instantly blocked by the purple portal emerging from the ground and blocking off the exit as Kurogiri raised his wispy body off the ground to tower over everyone.

"I won't let you!"

Aizawa glanced upwards as he found his class had stopped, noticing the one crucial villain had made its way out of his line of sight, "Shit!" He cursed, he'd blinked only once and the villain who seemed to be the most trouble had gotten away.

"My pleasure," Kurogiri formally addressed the class, "We are the League of Villains," he revealed, "It may be presumptuous of us, but we have invited our lives into the homes of the heroes, U.A. High School," his clouded form straightened, his yellow eyes narrowing down to you, "It order to have All Might, the symbol of peace, take his final breath," everyone going stiff at the goal in mind, eyes widening. "I believe All Might should have been here," his form then seemed to curve over, climbing up in height.

"But, it seems I've found someone else, who I happen to know quite well," Kurogiri chuckled darkly, your expression darkening as he looked directly at you. Of course he remembered you. "Have you missed me little All Might? For I have thought of you fondly for many years," Kurogiri's electric yellow eyes grew sharper and his body shifted as his form rippled in waves from his mock humor.

"A-All Might?" Someone wondered, aloud. You felt Izuku, Shouto and Katsuki's eye's on you instantly, you bite down onto your tongue.

You don't say a thing, your nerves buzzing, the color of your eye's flickered as small white wisps of your quirk manifested around your eye's and through your fists. Your classmates turning to look at you in shock, your gaze stayed locked with Kurogiri, their eyes were wide in bewilderment save for the boys you had grown up with.

Your boys turn inwards, hands going back to defend you if needed.

(Y/n)'s related to All Might?!

"As much as I long to continue where we had left off," he hummed bitterly. "Your fight is not with me, little girl. the fight instead extends to you all." The students around them all stiffen up at the innerworkings of a fight brewing.

You imagined if he had a mouth within that void, his grin would be large and threatening, he was promising you something. "So, tell me, daughter of All Might, has there been a change in schedule? For if he is not here nor there. Regardless, this is the part I am to play in his demise," he spoke at his body lengthened and spread out around you all.

Everyone was so focused on his eyes, the build up of his portaled body as he seemed ready to envelop all of you in darkness, that no one had noticed the looming shadow that came behind you.

You felt it, however, like a chill up your spine, it made you shiver and you felt your stomach drop for a reason you had yet to understand. But, it was when you heard Aizawa scream your name from the battlefield and Kurogiri's sharp eyes curve upwards as if he were watching for a moment that would please him beyond belief that you understood.

"YAGI!" Aizawa warned, loudly through the USJ.

"NOMU!" Kurogiri revealed.

You whipped around, your hands coming up to cover your front as you caught a blur of the attack headed your way. A huge clawed hand, quickly balling up into a fist, it meets your left forearm but it's single hit is stronger than you thought it would be, you grimace as it pushes you back, your rooted stance quickly overpowered and it sends you back. Your right foot goes back, you urge an energized wall to stabilize you, hitting your back against it.

Catching the attention of your classmates as the rather large enemy swings another fist in your direction, you quickly duck down, curving over and sliding between it's legs. It hits your energy wall, it splinters before shattering completely, your eye's go wide...what the hell?  You've never had your walls broken so easily and it only took one punch from this thing to do it.

It was the monster from before, it's wide, bulging eyes couldn't seem to focus until they linked with yours instantly, you grimaced.

"(Y/N)!/(Y/N)-Chan!"

 You caught Izuku's terrified gaze, but quickly looked away, unable to bring about a sense of comfort in this perilous situation. You weren't sure what the outcome would be, but you'd hold off on any casualties until the Pro's found out what was happening here. You needed to assure that you could keep your classmates safe, to make sure that you could protect them.

However, you couldn't become so easily distracted, it could cost you.

From your left, it spun around and moved quick to backhand you, pulling back to evade the move, you flipped backwards, landing on your palms as the giant villain pounded it's fist into the ground where you had previously been. You're quick to stand back to block a punch to your gut, but it's still swinging, you can't get a hit in without risking a blow. You hated to feel one of its personal hits to the face, you needed to get ahold of it somehow, if you could just touch it long enough you could drain it's energy but it was just so fast...

It moved to grab you, your eye's narrowing at its slight hesitation, your eye's glancing down to see the ice covering it's bare feet. You took the chance, it's body going stiff at the hindrance before turning back to you, but you had already made your move.

Your shadow from above alerting it of your presence, it turned but it knew it wouldn't be blocking your hit in time, your legs coated in the white wisps of energy, tips turning pink before blazing an angry faint red as your body spun as you prepped a roundhouse kick mid-air. Your hands up to guard just in case, your eye's were pure white with both ferocity and the harsh wisps of energy leaving the sockets.

It's eyes locked with yours, it's beak opening wide as if to screech but then it began to morph, changing...

You prepared to knock down your opponent, you wouldn't take the chance for it to catch you off guard. But, it's body changing as well, it became smaller, more human-like, dark hair forming atop it's head as the portion of its brain sinks back into its skull. A woman emerges slowly from the morphing Nomu as you descend down to face your opponent. Your eye's going wide in shock and horror at the familiar face that stares up at you.

Your attack gong slack, your arm's slowly drop their defense, you gasp lightly, it's your nurse...?

Ms. Chikasaya, although she rathered you call her Saya, you hadn't seen her in years but you couldn't forget her face, not one that seemed so...lively, you supposed. At times, her eyes seemed wild and almost unhinged, but she would seem totally normal to anyone else. She was one of your personal nurses during your recovery all those years ago, you hadn't seen her since but she'd write you often when you had gone home, come by ever so often, after a few years she just...stopped.

You didn't understand... what was she doing within the Nomu? Was she the Nomu? Her quirk...

She looked at you now, oblivious and scared, she couldn't have been the one attacking you, could she? She must've been controlled in some way... your guard instantly slipping,

The classes eyes going wide as the large creature changed shape in front of their eyes, it was so fast and you hadn't even begun to attack yet. It was just a normal woman...

But, you'd all been deceived.

"S-Saya--," you breathed, confused, before you heard two voices.

"(Y/N)!" You heard your body's synchronized voices.

You saw the way her expression changed, sinister and malicious, before you felt the harsh grip of her clawed hand around your throat.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

134K 5.9K 107
"I wasn't born to love or be loved, or become a hero, or live a normal life. Nor was I born to protect him, but out of everything, that's what I plan...
215K 7.7K 42
𝘏𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘴𝘭𝘪𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘥. 𝘌𝘺𝘦𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘥𝘦. 𝘔𝘰𝘶𝘵𝘩 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘱𝘦. 𝘐𝘵 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘴𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘧𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘳. 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘯 𝘩𝘦𝘳 �...
604K 17.8K 38
(Y/N) is a young girl who just wants to be a hero just like everyone else. Her life wasn't easy though. She has always kept to herself and didn't lik...
34.4K 913 27
This is a story of my favorite M.H.A. ship TodoBakuDeku. We start at the beginning of there second year at U.A high. Deku an Bakugo have been see...