A Song of Two Hearts [A TomTo...

By cognitive_fail

Tom and Tord start to lean on each other for help through a tough year and end up developing feelings. Will... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121

Chapter 39

256 15 2
By cognitive_fail

"There he is!" Red Leader sung with an air of distaste.

"What would you like sir?"

"Now, now. There's no need for such formality."

Tord looked at the man as if the blonde had lost his mind.

"Very well, father."

Red Leader wrapped an arm around Tord, dragging him from Tom.

"Do you know why this event was held, soldier?"

Out of the sight of his peers the cold personality of the leader returned.

"I do not, sir."

"They think I'm past my prime. They want to replace me with you," the man hissed lowly.

"I have no intention of taking your place until your death, sir. May you live long and be prosperous."

Tord was grabbed by his suit and pulled close, the man's eyes were slits, like a fearful cat, ready to lash out at any second.

"Don't think that I'm not on to your little plot to kill me."

He let Tord go and stepped back.

"Keep your guard up little fox, or I will catch you."

Red Leader slunk into the darkness. Tord walked back into the main room to find Tom and his mother. He was ready to leave.

"Hey, what was that?"

Tord wanted to tell Tom what really happened, to have him hug him, and tell him that he was going to be alright. But he was a soldier, and soldiers didn't show weakness.

"Just a chat with Red Leader."

Tom looked around him and whispered to Tord "I don't trust him."

Tord let out a chuckle that died out into a sorrowful hum. "Neither do I Thomas, neither do I."

The night was filled with Tord sticking to groups of three or more and constantly glancing over his shoulder. Trisha walked up to the boys, her face in a snarl, her hair a mess. The top few buttons of her shirt were undone, and the zipper of her dress separated for at least an inch.

"We're leaving boys."

As they stepped into the car, Tord let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. The car was quiet except for the sound of the ignition.

"Who touched you, Ms. Larrison?"

Trisha slumped in her seat,

"Was it that easy to tell?"

Tom looked at the floor of the car.

"It was that bastard, he caught me in a corner and tried to use me like he did before."

Tord leaned forward and wrapped his arms around his mother's shoulders. Her shaking seemed to lessen. After a while he leaned back and turned to Tom.

"Can I rest on your shoulder?"

Tord asked this time.

"Go ahead."

Tord laid his head on Tom shoulder and tucked his feet closer to his body, struggling not to cry. Tom wrapped an arm around his back and rubbed it softly. Tord fell into slumber, attacked by dreams of heartbreak and being caught in a bear trap.

When he woke up he was in his bed, Tom's sweater enveloping him in warmth and the early sunlight pouring through his window.

Tord curled up into a ball and sobbed. He needed a break. A break from his father, a break from school and a break from working his brain to death figuring out his feelings towards Tom. He needed a break from it all. And he got one. Until his mother came in and told him he needed to get ready for school.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.6K 3.2K 28
'You make sacrifices all the time and you put off things that you want to do and you put off adventures. You put it off because the best adventure is...
33.3K 1.9K 30
Tord. A norwegian boy with an unusual life. He lives with his parents, Paul and Patryck. But other than that, he has nobody. No friends, no siblings...
221K 5.9K 43
Its been a while since The End and Tord is extremely depressed. One fortunate day when he bumps into Tom changes everything. Eyes start changing colo...
74.8K 2K 72
★«Welcome Reader!»★ [♪Title Cover made by @Fangirl_332♪] ✧This is a Eddsworld Fanfic.✧ The beginning is not that great, but I assure you- It gets way...