A Vampires Odyssey: His Heart...

By Delain_0727

In a world where darkness makes its presence felt more and more with each passing day, two sisters who live a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Short Notes
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Final Notes

Chapter 97

10 0 0
By Delain_0727

She followed him to Amel's tent and, as soon as they entered, Amel put his palms on the table, with a thud. It was one of the few times they saw his red threatening eyes. Ramisu had stopped right away, but Deianeira took him by the arm and entered the tent.

Am: Out.

Ramisu saw Elain laying on Amel's bed, fast asleep. He felt she was safe, but the fact that she had still not awaken could not let him rest.

Am: Why did you bring him here?

Dei: He has to see her.

Am: He saw her very well, fading in his arms.

Dei: He regrets it.

Am: Out. I won't repeat it the third time.

Dei: Will you listen to me? I got his bloodlust under control with my blood.

Amel could clearly feel Ramisu's calm presence, but it was not enough.

Am: You don't deserve to see her. What you deserve is to let guilt and worry consume you.

Deianeira had never heard her father speak like that before. He was a feared ruler, but a kind man. Hearing those words and seeing his red eyes only helped her understand how much he actually loved his family.

Rm: You are right. I deserve that and worse, but I cannot stand aside, Amel. I know what I've done, I was not being myself. I know whatever I tell you means nothing to you, but I need to see her.

Am: You saw her. You can go now.

Dei: Ramisu, leave us alone for now. She is fine, you can feel it too.

Ramisu took another look at Elain and nodded. He did not dare look at Amel, he bowed his head and left the tent. It was not the time to argue with Amel, no matter how much he wanted to. Ame'l eyes came back to their black.

Am: I don't understand you. How can you bring him here after what he's done?

Deianeira wanted to speak up, but he did not give her the chance to.

Am: I know he is alright now, I can feel it, but this does not mean I will turn a blind eye.

Dei: I am not asking you to do this. And whether you like it or not, he is her soulmate. They need each other.

Am: She will go back to him on her own feet. Until then, he cannot see her.

Dei: Why are you so stubborn about this? You know it will end the way they want anyway.

Am: Stubborn? Do you think I have time to be stubborn? Two of my best commanders fell, one of my daughters is in a vampire coma and the other one is playing with a pure vampire's energy. All of these when we are a few days away from the battle that will put an end to this war. Do you still think it is about being stubborn?

Deianeira looked at him, wanted to say something, but words refused to come out. Amel let down his guard and gave her a kind look. His voice was now calmer.

Am: What I mean is....

Dei: We will figure a way out. Everything is not lost yet. Ramisu felt better after drinking my blood. The way this is going, they are behaving like mad newborns without an Adra.

Am: Ramisu has already had Elain's blood and yours as well. If this is what calmed him down, you might be right.

Dei: I will try it with Darion as well when Eden is done with him. Hopefully this will...

They both looked at Elain at the same time and saw her slowly moving her head. In a matter of seconds, they were at the bed. Amel took her hand in his and caressed her hair.

Dei: It was about time.

Am: How are you feeling?

She stood up on bed and her bond with Deianeira came back right away.

Am: Take it easy.

Ela: I am fine, father, don't worry.

Am: Do you remember everything?

She nodded and looked around. She felt Ramisu close and, most importantly, she felt him worried, sad, happy; she knew he was her Ramisu again. She got up and, before Amel could forbid her, she rushed out and only stopped in his arms. She hugged him so tight, it would have broken a human's bones.

Ela: I missed you.

Rm: I am so sorry for hurting you, my love. I wasn't myself...I was...

Elain kissed him in order to shut him up. She could feel he was back to his old self, that something in him indeed has changed. Amel wanted to go after them, but Deianeira grabbed his hand, holding him back from interrupting the scene unraveling in front of them. Elain leaned her head to his ear.

Ela: I know you thirst for it. Bear a little longer, will you?

Rm: I will wait. Are you alright?

Ramisu patted her back, almost afraid to touch her.

Rm: I missed you so much, like I have been in hell and I have just returned to my beautiful saving guarding angel.

Ela: I forgive you.

Elain chuckled.

Ela: Let us go.

She looked back at Amel and showed him a confident smile. Though he could not understand why she ran like that back to him, how she could simply forget what he had done, he knew no matter what he said, she would still have it her way. He could only nod, to let Elain know they could go. She took Ramisu's hand and headed together to their tent. It was as if nothing had ever happened, she wanted him as much as he wanted her, if not more. She was so happy to see the real him back, she did not care about anything else. She was not afraid of him, she still trusted him and he felt it very well.

When Deianeira returned to her tent, Eden was just about to leave it.

Ed: He will be fine, don't worry. I expect him to wake up as Darion, not as whoever that might have been.

Dei: I hope it won't take too long.

Ed: You can give him his energy back and he will wake up, but if I were you, I would let him sleep a bit longer. He's having a nice dream. He's back at home.

Dei: With you?

Ed: With his mother, actually.

Dei: It's a shame they had to go that way...

Eden waved his hand as a sign that he did not want to bring back the past.

Ed: It's been a long time since then. Try to feed him in his sleep, alright? He will not be as hungry when you wake him up.

Dei: But how do I know when the time is right?

Ed: I guess you should feel it through the sire bond.

He smiled to her and stepped outside, leaving Deianeira with Darion. He seemed to be peacefully sleeping and, after opening the sire bond, she felt he was calm and happy.

Deianeira caressed his face, not believing that the man lying in her blankets was the one who wanted to attack her and drain her of blood. She wanted to be with him in his dreams, to pretend that nothing had happened, that his energy was not pulsating through her body. He was weakened by her barriers and she felt that clearly.

Dei: Why do you always make it so hard, Darion? All I wanted was for you to wake up to me, to take your pain away, and I almost lost you. We lost each other because of this...bloodlust.

Darion frowned a little in his sleep.

Dei: I need you by my side, Darion. I want you to love me, to make me yours again and...

Two tears fell from her eyes on his chest as she closed her eyes, trying to make up her mind.

Dei: Let us see what my blood can do to you now.

Deianeira used an arrow to pinch her wrist and put it at his lips. The blood poured as she waited in silence. Seeing no response, she was prepared to pull her hand away, when he suddenly grabbed her hand and kissed it, sending shivers down her spine. His eyes opened for a few seconds, but Deianeira could feel the sire bond reopening on the other side. Their bond was back, and all that she felt was confusion and sadness.

Dei: I am here now, my love. Rest, I will make you feel better.

But Darion was too tired to speak, his eyes closed and he fell into the deep sleep again. A day passed with Deianeira staying close to Darion, never leaving his side, feeding her blood from time to time. Eden reassured her that Darion was going to wakeup pretty soon and no little was his surprise when he dived in his sleep. Darion was holding Deianeira in his arms in front of his childhood home. He reassured her that he will stay outside the tent as she attempts to wake him up. Deianeira smiled as she fed Darion her blood once again and took the last remaining ounce of pure energy from Malior. With a simple gesture, she gathered it all in one hand and gave it to him, hoping this would make him come to his senses once and for all. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 47.2K 46
"I set a alarm for a twelve o'clock so I could be the first one tell you happy birthday... happy birthday." I'm seventeen now. I turned the complete...
151 5 21
Katherine has always had a dark past, fears she can't get through, demons she can't slay, desires just in front of her but too far to reach, she may...
116K 2.7K 30
***in editing*** ***sequel in progress*** you were James potter's little sister only there's one problem, you're a Slytherin and he's a Gryffindor. w...
3.6K 123 41
First Novel of the Bloodline Series. β€’Second novel coming soonβ€’ In a society hidden in the deepest, and darkest parts of the world, lives dhampirs, h...