β€’ the dragon of the court β€’ |...

By giubrick

Isabelle Aizawa, third year student in Shumizen Academy, captain of the most known girl's volleyball team in... More

0.0
0.1
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
Author's Note!

18.

1.6K 40 14
By giubrick

Sendai City Gymnasium
15th October, Semifinals of Miyagi Prefecture Representative Playoffs 

«Yes babe, I'm just arrived, don't worry! I'll call you later, okay?»

I hear Bokuto let out a relief sigh «Alright! Be careful and say "good luck" to shrimpy even from me!»

I chuckle «Yeah yeah, bye, love you!» and I hang up.

Today is the second day of Miyagi's Qualifications and when Hinata texted me they won the first game I dressed up and pick the first train. Now they're currently waiting the end of Seijoh's and Date Tech's match to see who they're going against after.

I make my way to the stands of the gym and I notice that the two teams are on their last set and also at the set point for Seijoh.

«SENSEI! RIGHT HERE!»

Shoyō's voice make me finch. He is waving at me from his seat and I quickly run to him and the other Karasuno members.

I hug Shoyō's and Kageyama's head so they don't have to stand up «Boys! I'm proud of you! Now you have to keep winning!»

They have both red faces but determination is shining in their eyes.

«A-Aizawa-san! What a surprise!»

Sawamura notice my presence and so does Sugawara and Azumane. They were talking with some boys from Date Tech who are looking at me like I'm some kind of alien.

«AIZAWA-SAN!» Tanaka and Nishinoya cling on my legs «WE ARE REALLY BLESSED!»

I pat their head and help them stand «You're exaggerating»

Double whistle. We all turn to see that the game is over and Seijoh wins.

Karasuno faces drop but I know they're ready to get their revenge.

«C'mon, we're going to warm up» Sawamura stand and call the boys «Aizawa-san, I look forward to see you cheer for us»

I grin and give him two thumbs up «Of course, I'm here for that! You can do it, crows!»

They smile and go prepare for the next game.

I think I'm gonna do something before going in the stands.

I slowly approach the Seijoh's boys while their coming out the gym.

«Oi, Isabelle-san! Is that you?» Iwaizumi is the first who notice me. I wave at him and he flash me one of his rare smile.

«Hi guys!»

He, Matsukawa and Hanamaki come closer to me and examine my face.

«Holy shit, we don't see each other for two years and look at you! You're in a gang or something?» Iwaizumi ask me, touching one of my nose piercing.

I stick out my tongue and receive some gasps.

«Aiza-chan! How many of that you have?»

Oikawa made his way and put his face beside the other third years and now I have four mountains who are looking down at me.

«Guys, I love you and all but did you know about personal space?» I push their face away and they just laugh.

I met Seijoh during my first year of High-School when me and the other girls comes to Miyagi to play our first friendly match agains Juzen. Their gym was unavailable so Aobajohsai — who was the nearest school — decided to split up their enormous gym: one side for the girls and the other for the boys. After practice we find ourselves chatting with each other and since then we don't lose contact.

«You're here to cheer for me, Aiza-chan?» Oikawa's pretty face makes me want to punch him.

How can someone be so pretty and unbearable at the same time? Total opposite of Akaashi!

I shake my head «Sorry boys, I'm here for someone else»

They're face assumed a sad expression.

«Shiratorizawa?» Oikawa keep doing questions at whom I don't really want to answer.

«No, Karasuno» I confess «I went to a Summer Camp with them in June and I had the pleasure to teach something to Hinata and Kageyama»

At Kageyama's name Oikawa turn his head and pout «Unbelievable Aiza-chan! How dare you teach something to that brat

Iwaizumi hit him with a punch on the head «Shut up, Trashykawa! She can do whatever she wants!»

I feel a little guilty, it seem I betrayed my friends to some guys I just met. I look down, finding my shoes really interesting.

Iwaizumi must notice that because I hear him hit Oikawa again «See? Now you made her upset, Loserkawa

I feel two big hands shaking me by the shoulders «Aiza-chan! Don't be sad! I'm sorry, please look at me!» I lift my gaze to find Oikawa big brown eyes looking at me «I don't like the idea of you teaching something to Tobio-chan but I can't see the girl who's in love with me being upset!»

Everyone stare at him with questions marks on our head.

«Tōru, I have a boyfriend» I tell him.

All the team is trying to don't laugh in their captain's face while Oikawa pout a little.

«So you don't love me?»

«Of course I do» his eyes sparkles a little «as a friend»

«But I bet I play volleyball better than him!» he point at himself.

«He's in the top five aces of Japan and his team went to National all the times since he joined»

With that everyone start laughing and Oikawa falls on his knees, faking a desperate cry.

«You really are a loser, dumbass» Iwaizumi grab his collar and start to pull him away from me «see you after the game, Isabelle-san!»

I wave at the boys and chuckle at how Oikawa is being pulled by Iwaizumi without even complain.

That dork.

I reach the Karasuno's stands and spot Yachi with another girl and two men.

«Yachi-san!» I wave at her, getting closer. She wasn't with the boy before so she gives me a shocked face when she notice me.

«A-Aizawa-san! You're here!»

I hug her, pressing her poor face on my breast — she's at least 10 centimeters shorter than me «I promise Shoyō to come! And here I am!» I say, letting her go.

She smiles «That's amazing!» then she turn her head to the other three people «This is the girl I was talking about!»

The girl give me her hand «Tanaka Saeko, Ryuu's brother! Nice to meet the other part of "The Goddess" team»

I shake her hand and chuckle «Aizawa Isabelle, just Isabelle is fine! They really call me and Kyoko like that?»

She nod «Yes and I can understand why!»

We laugh and then I turn my attention to the men. They seem around coach Ukai age's.

«Shimada Makoto, member of the Neighborhood Association, Ukai used to play volleyball with us» the one with glasses introduce himself, pointing at Ukai, who is sitting in the benches, looking the poor Karasuno boy freaking out. I let out a sigh at the view.

«Aizawa Isabelle, I don't know what Yachi-san already told about me but I'm a third year in Shumizen Academy and the captain of the volleyball team as well»

The other man point at me «You're the dragon, right?» when I nod his eyes sparkles «Amazing! I can't believe I'm actually talking to a International Player! I'm Takinoue Yūsuke, by the way»

I smile «I'm always Isabelle! And I'm not International, yet!» I wink and he grins.

«I'm pretty sure your name is really well known in the volleyball world!»

I'm about to answer when I saw Oikawa and Kageyama fighting over a ball. They're both pulling it in opposite side when Oikawa let it go, making Kageyama fall.

«Tōru Oikawa! Stop being such a baby!» I shout to him, loud enough to receive some weird looks by the people around me. Oikawa hears me too and quickly bow in my direction while Iwaizumi is behind him laughing at the fact that I caught this embarrassing moment.

I get rid of my jacket and stay just with one of Bokuto's white long sleeves shirt tugged in my hight-waisted blue jeans.

«Aizawa-san, did you know the Great King?» Yachi asks me.

I look at her confuse «Great King? If you mean the Great King of Trash Oikawa, then yes»

She giggles «You really know a lot of good players!»

I nod «Well, when you're in a powerful team is pretty usual to know other players who are very good» I explain.

The game is about to start and the Sawamura and Oikawa are shaking each other hand. I don't really understand what they're saying but they both send me a look of pure determination.

I grin to no one in particular and wave. Sawamura bows is head and run to his team while Oikawa winks and sends me a kiss. On the other side of the stands I see his fangirls launching hating looks in my direction and I just laugh.

Then my attention moved on Shoyō, who has the most serious look I've ever seen on his cute face. I smile. He turn for a little, probably feeling me staring. I give him a double thumbs up and he nods.

Unleash hell.

This game is intense. Really fucking intense.

I think I risked an heart attack at least two times by now. Specially when the number 16 of Seijoh stepped in the court. His diagonal almost hit Yachi and I saw Oikawa's face losing all his color when he noticed that the ball his teammate just spiked was in my hands — I reacted pretty quickly to save the little manager.

We won the first set but we lost the second one and now we're on the third and I'm sweating from all the tension.

Untill now they played well: the receive are on point, the spike powerful enough, Tsukishima's blocks are good — Kuroo teach him well — and Yamaguchi totally surprised me with his serve.

Of course Seijoh is playing very well too. I never attempted one of their games but know I can see why everyone thought that Oikawa is a Great King. I'm never going to tell him that but he is a total monster on the court. He adapts himself to every player and do the right toss to everyone and his jump serve — holy shit. Our way to play is very similar and that scare me.

I never thought to say something like that.

Iwaizumi is a powerful player and all his spike scores points on points for Seijoh.

Karasuno already show up all their cards and they did it great. I wish I could be more calm but Oikawa's presence on the court make me really nervous about the final score.

Sugawara is on the court right now and finally I can see him playing. It's pretty skilled too!

24 for us and 24 for Seijoh. Sugawara receive a powerful spike and send the ball to Kageyama. Tanaka, Shoyō and Azumane start running to the net and I really don't know to who Kageyama is going to toss the ball. But then I almost die. He do a feint and score.

«A feint right now?! KAGEYAMA TOBIO! WHAT THE HELL! WHOO-OH!» I cheer my friend who turn his head and his usual grumpy expression relax a bit while sending me a thumbs up.

The little time out finish and after some chatting the game starts again and I jump up from my seat.

Everything happen quickly. Seijoh receive the ball and number 16 spikes in our court. Tanaka put his arms on his face just in time sending the ball to Sugawara, who just switch place with Kageyama.

Another attack by the two setter? No, the last point needs to be done by the ace.

In fact the ball is spiked by Azumane but Hanamaki saves it and send it outside the court. Oikawa run to the ball and points at Iwaizumi...who is literally on the other side of the court. I can't take my eyes off Oikawa: he do a monstrous long toss, falling on the referees table and knock down everything — including himself. I don't have time to be worry 'cause he is already on his fee, running in the court.

Iwaizumi spikes but Sawamura can stops the attack and Tanaka can keep it in the game. Azumane spike it in Seijoh's court by the second line but a tall boy —who I keep calling turnip head — block the spike. Sugawara save the ball with his face and then I can feel something is coming. Kageyama runs under the ball and I see Shoyō take a run-up.

The new quick attack.

The ball stops in front Shoyō's eyes and I see Oikawa moves, like he knows where the ball is going. Hinata spikes with all his strength and the ball hit the middle blocker's arms and Oikawa's but it ends up outside the court with a loud sound.

I see Oikawa's heart break from here. He is still in a receiving position and looking behind him at the ball on the floor. At the same time I feel relieved and I look at Karasuno who erupted in a scream of joy.

I feel tear running down my face for my contrasting feeling but when Saeko pull me and Yachi in a tight hug I already know what I have to do.

«SHOYŌ! GUYS! YOU DID IT! YOU DID IT»

I run to them with open arms and still crying. Shoyō, Tanaka and Nishinoya literally jump on me, knocking us on the ground. They lift me laughing and I wipe my tears away.

«I'm so proud» I ruffle Hinata and Nishinoya's hair. Tanaka bow his head and I shake his shaved head too. I tug the third year in a big hug and they hug me back laughing. Then I slam my hands on Tsukishima and Kageyama's back and smile brightly to Yamaguchi and the other boys.

«Yachi-san, boys, I'll be right back I just need to tell something to someone, okay?» I tell them.

Yachi offered me to spend the night at her home so I don't have to return in Tokyo and be back tomorrow and I can't be more grateful but before I need to talk with my friends

They nod and I run away towards the other gym's exit. I spot Seijoh boys waiting outside the bus but I don't see Oikawa. Iwaizumi notice me and look away.

I sigh and run in his arms. He hug me tight, sobbing in my shoulder and I pass a hand trough his spiky hair, trying to calm him down. The other third year come closer and in the end we're sharing a group's hug with me trying to make them stop crying.

When they let me go Iwaizumi sill can't look me in the eyes. I positioning myself under his gaze so he is forced to look up.

«You did everything you could, okay? You're a great player and ace. This defeat do not defines you» I put my finger on his chest «Am I being clear enough, Hajime?»

He finch a little to the fact I used his first name but nod «Yes ma'am»

I chuckle and give him a bright smile «Now smile for me»

«No»

«Eh?! Please!» I pout. I can hear some guys snickering behind me seeing their tough ace's red face.

«So mean, Iwa-chan!» I try my best to give a beautiful Oikawa's impression and with that a little laugh escape from everyone. Iwaizumi flash me a little smile and ruffles my hair.

«About him, he's been inside too long now, can you go and bring him out?»

I nod and head again inside the gym.

I don't understand where he could be, I was right here like 5 minutes ago!

Then I hear a familiar voice and I follow it. Ushijima Wakatoshi's back is facing me and I can hear Oikawa warning him about Karasuno.

He thinks that Karasuno can take down Shiratorizawa.

I smile a little and wait to them to end their conversation. Ushiwaka turn his figure and notice me. I bow.

«Sorry to interrupt you» I give Oikawa a look «Tōru, they're searching you»

Oikawa nods «We're finish anyway»

Ushijima walk to me and bow his head «Aizawa Isabelle, have a good day»

«Thanks, Ushijima-san, have a good day too» and with that he go away, leaving me with Oikawa.

«I'm going to tell you this just one time so you better not forget that» I take a step to him «you're the most amazing setter I've ever seen play»

He give me a tremble smile and some tears escape from his eyes «But I lost»

I hug his torso and he put his head above mine «That's true but it also doesn't mean nothing. As I already said to Iwaizumi a game doesn't define you, trust me, Tōru»

He let out a long breath «Thank you, Isabelle»

I step back and grin «Oh please, how much concentration you needed to call me by my name?»

He pout «So mean, Aiza-chan!»

I smile and pat his back «C'mon, the boys are waiting for you and I need to go! See you tomorrow!»

He lift his eyebrows «Tomorrow?» he nervously asks.

I start running towards the exit «Yeah, I know you will come to the Finals! Bye Tōru, love you!»

He waves at me and smile.

Now I can finally call Bokuto during the bus ride and tell him everything.

What a day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.3K 219 7
"You don't understand what I did for you, Aryan. You don't know what I did to protect you. I- I stayed at that house longer than necessary so I could...
3.1K 74 17
When a girl falls for a cute boy at a record store or When Harry Styles finally meets a girl that doesn't know who he is and cant help falling for he...
114K 4.8K 198
This story follows the early life of James also known by his street name Headshot or Shooter. James had an extremely rough childhood, one that turned...
13.5K 412 13
The managers of the Boys Karasuno Volleyball Club have a field trip they need to go on. With the team practicing for big practice games with some of...